Help: HoF Swirls Animation

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
Hello all... figured I'd make an official thread for this issue.. I've come to just accept it, but it's still annoying.. MA hasn't been very helpful in solving this.

My hofs lack "swirls"... i just get two dots.. that is all. See screenshots for examples.

attachment.php

overall quality medium

attachment.php

overall quality very high

This problem is visible in game.. it's not a SS problem.

Things I have tried:

1) tracker SS delay.. did it anyways, no help (650ms currently)
2) reducing shader quality from very high to medium, high, etc...
3) Reinstall EU
4) Delete shaders file from game files, no help
5) Moved from PC to laptop, no help.
6) Moved to multiple different locations in my region with multiple different ISPs, no help.

Honestly no idea what I can do at this point.

Graphics settings are generally all set to very high, aniso filtering off, AA off, V sync on, 60 fps capped at all times.

Ready.... Go!

List of pending solutions:
1) google dns
2) safe mode hofs
3) 64 bit client

Last edited:
:scratch2: I get the full happy, wooshy, flamey swirly...

Uhm... graphics card?

I know this will suck if you miss a hof but maybe your SS program is interfering?

Have you tried both 32 and 64 bit clients?
What graphics card do you have?
Any overclock or something similar?
If you think this could be latency related have you tried using google dns?
Have you tried hofing in safe mode? Still does it?

All are blind shots, but after everything you have tried I'm really clueless.

GTx 1070 on desktop

GTX 970m on laptop

Previous GC was GTX 780 SC on desktop.

I think google dns might help the problem.. I'll try to get that going on the desktop later tonight.

I've turned off the tracker and any overlay software and still encountered the problem, it's definitely an issue of initializing the animation, and missing parts of it.

I have not tried using the 64 bit client. I like to drill claims while minimized, something you can't do on 64 bit.

And i haven't tried safe mode either.. I'll add all of these to my list of things to try.

I'll buy a bigger amp and test 64 bit and safe mode to see what happens.

Last edited:
Ok, say something after you try all of those.

I'm not sure I can help but feel free to PM me ingame if you want.

All of those are great solutions.. if safe mode works then i know it's a system file problem and i can go from there..

If google dns works then it's server-side like i suspect and i'll no longer have an issue.

I know Star lives nearby me.. I should pm him and ask if he has the same problem lol.. or any other US Michigan players

I have had the same issues with tracker catching my globals or hof's correctly. A lot has to do with the hard drive,graphics controller what is running in the back ground etc. Which is why they have the capture set at xxxms.

Since it appears you are using Nvidia graphics cards, have you thought about using the geforce experience setting up an account is free. Once the geforce experience is set up you should be able to use a version of shadow play that is included. After mine was setup I hit alt+Z and it brings up an overlay of the control panel and then you can record. it saves it in mpeg or avi format i believe and you can specify what folder etc. I use a simple video editing program and chop down the videos to where I have nothing but the globals and hof's i get and go from there.

Don't know just a suggestion to solve the issue.

64 bit fixed the problem...

no more minimized afk drilling for me :(

64 bit fixed the problem...

no more minimized afk drilling for me :(

Glad to hear that, enjoy your game :)

(You can always Alt+Tab out of the game, or maybe try the new borderless windowed mode)

Glad to hear that, enjoy your game :)

(You can always Alt+Tab out of the game, or maybe try the new borderless windowed mode)

the alt+tab fullscreen is what i lived off of before lol.. when i alt+tab in 64 bit my input freezes and the drill doesn't work.. small price to pay.

the alt+tab fullscreen is what i lived off of before lol.. when i alt+tab in 64 bit my input freezes and the drill doesn't work.. small price to pay.

I didn't know that, another bug to the list I suppose.

Atleast you can see the big swirls properly :)

Back