Question: How to unlock Pet Focus - Decrease Regeneration?

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
Pet Focus - Decrease Regeneration

The buff was BUGGED since inception and finally fixed in VU 15.10.4.
Simply feeding your pet will increase the criteria.

Only three pets have this passive buff, Cooper (epic dog), Hogglo Pygmy (epic), and Green Leprechaun (common).

I do not want to debate the value or usefulness of this buff -- I just want to figure out how to unlock it.
Considering that other passive buffs require performing an activity that is related to the buff itself (taming other pets for the taming buff, running around for acceleration, etc), normal logic would suggest the activity for this buff is somehow related.

Things I've tried:
  • taming
  • sweating
  • scanning
  • hunting
  • crafting (not all types of crafts)
  • starving -- did not get to 0... once "sad" I had to feed the poor thing
  • resource gathering
  • mining
  • colouring
  • dropping decoys

If you've tried various activities and eliminated them, please post.
If your pet's criteria has risen from 0.0%, even if you do not know how or why, please post as well -- at least this will confirm that the criteria does move and is not broken or bugged.

Last edited:
My Royal Chirin (Dragon) has this passive too, as one of the 3 passives on the pet.

The criteria on it is still 0.00

I tried everything and eventually gave up looking. It's only real use is to have the pet spawned and it burns less bars, if you want your pet to gain XP faster you're not likely to use it.

Some think it lowers regeneration on mobs. To be fair I did think that at first, easy mistake to assume. Sadly not the case.

My Pet has been active for around 11 months now, constantly spawned, and I've pretty much done 'nearly' everything during that time, and the criteria is still 0.00

I would be nice to unlock it, and for those with the Irish folk pets.

Since many of the criteria's are linked to the actual passive itself such as you need to give and take crits to unlock a critical damage reduction passive. It begs the question if there's anything an avatar can do to lower there own regeneration, or maybe speed it up...Mmmmm.

I wonder....... the MF special effect chips maybe? I've not tried those. I think there is a buff chip similar to that. Let me see auction.

Edit I'm back.....

Anyone tried a "Regeneration Inhibition Chip I"? It lowers regeneration. I don't want to buy one tonight to find out...off to bed in sec.

Rick

Last edited:
I lied...I tried it anyway

Don't waste your peds....no good

Checked pet after this, still 0.00 Passive criteria.

ok bed for me

Rick

I'm in that club too. Tried every possible action and item I could come up with in the last 1.5 years I own a hogglo. Yes, I tried inhibition and acceleration chips. And synchronization chips, that originally were called focus chips. And everything related to deceleration, including snowballs and fireworks. Went as far as to crafting range enhancers, because they use focus components.

I'm in that club too. Tried every possible action and item I could come up with in the last 1.5 years I own a hogglo. Yes, I tried inhibition and acceleration chips. And synchronization chips, that originally were called focus chips. And everything related to deceleration, including snowballs and fireworks. Went as far as to crafting range enhancers, because they use focus components.

Yeah....It's sad, because it would be nice to "complete" a pets unlocks.

Oh well onwards and upwards.

Rick

Thanks for the updates... has anyone asked to support to confirm whether it's bugged or not?
Maybe Ludvig|MindArk will be so kind as to chime in...?

PS Can't +rep Rick... got it spread it around first.

Last edited:
I opened a support case. Will probably get a totally useless reply in 8 or 9 months. :dunce:

Unfortunately we can not say what task that you need to to in order to fill the criteria bar.
However, we will forward this to the team in charge for further investigation, and if something is out of the ordinary they will try to solve it as soon as possible.

I replied asking just to confirm that the task does work.

Cross coloring off the list. Still hoping support might reply (unlike another ticket that was closed without any comment at all).
I looked through every page of the action book and beauty-related and warp are the only things I cannot try.

Has anyone tried using a Resurrection chip?

Cross coloring off the list. Still hoping support might reply (unlike another ticket that was closed without any comment at all).
I looked through every page of the action book and beauty-related and warp are the only things I cannot try.

Has anyone tried using a Resurrection chip?

someone had the same problem with the toulan pet iirc... he got the pet to the level it needed, put it out and then tamed a few mobs iirc. that seem to have worked.
so it needed to be the level required for unlocking the buff first

What if rather than use a Regeneration Inhibition Chip I on a "mob", you have to use it on the "avatar" with their pet spawned? Might have to go into a ring, or PVP...don't know.

Or if it's possible to use it on the actual pet? (another ava might have use the chip on your pet).

I've logged out now, going to bed. I'll try tomorrow evening if someone doesn't try it before then.

Rick

Back