entropia.wiki updates

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
Rather than hijack the other thread, I'm going to post updates here.

I have been porting the Entropedia data to a MEAN stack. I'm aware that others are working on various versions, but none have surfaced yet, and since I'm still a noob I needed the data now.

http://entropia.wiki

Latest Update:

Update 2016-11-30

Now that Entropedia is back up and in good hands :yay:, I don't see the point of continuing to spend time on this. I have plenty of other work to do, and my only impetus for this project was a necessity that no longer exists.

The source is here if anyone wants it for whatever reason: http://entropia.wiki/entropia.wiki-source-20161130.tar.bz2

It's built on a MEAN stack, and should run on any platform. If you need any help with getting it going, feel free to PM.

Last edited:
Good to see work being done on an alternative to entropedia!

+rep

Sweeet! Great job so far in the short time you had!!
If i can make a suggestion, would be awesome if we can compare weapons again. Love the search function :yay:

Sweeet! Great job so far in the short time you had!!
If i can make a suggestion, would be awesome if we can compare weapons again. Love the search function :yay:

Yea weapon compare is something I used religiously on EP. I will definitely be adding it. I want to try and get some of the other data (mobs/missions) up first though, since I think those will be relatively quick to add; they are just data lists with no real calculations or anything.

I'd like to also bring in buffs (rings and pills) into the equation, but I'm just focused on getting as much up as I can right now.

Nice! One thing - some amps are missing. I didn't look through every single one, but I use the RDI laser amps and they aren't in the list. Keep up the good work though. :)

Nice! One thing - some amps are missing. I didn't look through every single one, but I use the RDI laser amps and they aren't in the list. Keep up the good work though. :)

There were a few weapons that didn't get imported because they failed validation (had bogus or missing critical data), but AFAIK all of the amps got pulled in.

Looking at the dump, I don't see any amps with RDI in the name. The latest dump I could find was from February, so it's possible they were added after that. I'm hoping 711 will be able to provide a more recent dump at some point. I will also check the raw export to see if maybe there was an error there.

I will of course make all of this editable after I've got the core data imported and working.

There were a few weapons that didn't get imported because they failed validation (had bogus or missing critical data), but AFAIK all of the amps got pulled in.

Looking at the dump, I don't see any amps with RDI in the name. The latest dump I could find was from February, so it's possible they were added after that. I'm hoping 711 will be able to provide a more recent dump at some point. I will also check the raw export to see if maybe there was an error there.

I will of course make all of this editable after I've got the core data imported and working.
I'm not sure exactly which VU introduced them, but they are definitely newer. Just wanted to be sure you are aware. Thanks!

RDI were added during or after the migration, august or so. And the dump is from march, I think?

very well done. i only used the weapon compare tool on entropedia as i have other data on my smartphone app but i needed the entropedia tool to see the actual dpp and dps value including amps... was using the entropia armory one inbetween but that one is not that intuitive and is lacking melee amps. this one looks very good so far though! +rep

Nice work, including amps made this one useful!
Before I didn't see much use.

As pointed out, items are missing which is sad, hopefully we can get a new dump soon (weapons also missing, not just amps).
It is always good to have an alternative available when one is down.

But I would advice against enabling edit, for now I'd personally still consider entropedia the master.
Unless you have a good plan around keeping things synched, validating/comparing data during a potential entropedia dump update...

Feature request, some way to filter on (L)/UL items.
I'm not sure if there is a database entry that can tell this, if not I would like a way to NOT include what I type in the name box.
This is how I do it on entropedia, exclude items that have "(L)" in their names...

Absolutely agree with that!

I'm not sure if there is a database entry that can tell this, if not I would like a way to NOT include what I type in the name box.
This is how I do it on entropedia, exclude items that have "(L)" in their names...

Yeah, that would be brilliant!
+1

:cool:

Before I didn't see much use.

As pointed out, items are missing which is sad, hopefully we can get a new dump soon (weapons also missing, not just amps).
It is always good to have an alternative available when one is down.

But I would advice against enabling edit, for now I'd personally still consider entropedia the master.
Unless you have a good plan around keeping things synched, validating/comparing data during a potential entropedia dump update...

Yea I contacted 711 and he said he would provide an updated dump.

I agree, Entropedia is the master for now; but I would like editability (in the future) to be able to add features which don't exist in the EP database - buffs, for example.

The L/UL filter is a great idea! The database doesn't store that, but it should be simple enough to deduce from the name. I should be able to add that tonight.

Wow! Really nice work! And impressively responsive.

Meric

Yea I contacted 711 and he said he would provide an updated dump.

I agree, Entropedia is the master for now; but I would like editability (in the future) to be able to add features which don't exist in the EP database - buffs, for example.

The L/UL filter is a great idea! The database doesn't store that, but it should be simple enough to deduce from the name. I should be able to add that tonight.

Awesome!

And if you missed it, 711 already made the delivery :)

A new dump of the Entropedia database is now available:

www.entropiaforum.com/downloads/entropedia_2016-11-08.sql.gz (707 MB)

The latest data dump will be updated in the opening post of this thread.

But I see that you've already noticed it over there :D

UPDATE

By request (thanks Amber!) I added a Limited/Unlimited filter on the weapons chart.

I have also updated the dataset to the latest dump (today, 2016-11-08). The missing RDI amps mentioned previously are there now.

I would like to note that there are about 20 or so weapons which do not get imported due to not passing validation (they seem to be pretty obscure). That is to say they have some invalid or bogus critical data that prevents them from being stored in the new database.

My current conversion mechanism is very crude. I plan to work on something more advanced that will let me add corrections to the bad data and also allow for a more seamless import process.

Edit:

Another small change, I added the damage, zoom, and skillmod to the amps/scopes/sights, and changed the sort order of the lists so they are sorted by their respective value. To me this makes more sense, but let me know if y'all preferred alpha by name.

Last edited:
Update 2016-11-10:

I got the weapon enhancers pulled in and added to the calculations on the chart. Fixed some issues with the formulas, it should match EP now. Did some UI cleanup work. There was also a lot of behind the scenes work that you wouldn't care about.

With the addition of the enhancers I think I have enough data to rewrite the weapon comparison tool now. Since EP is back up for now, I think I will tackle that instead of the mob charts.

Also, I pre-apologize but the server will be down for a few hours in the late evening my time (GMT-5) for some hardware maintenance.

Bug report:

These swords won't show up in the result (there are 4 of them): S & B Fractal Katana 40 (L)
If I enter a name filter like "katana" they will show up.
Not sure if it is like this for other items as well...

Feature requests:

* I'd like to see the profession level in the table, since we can filter on profession level. Perhaps you'd want to implement the show/hide columns feature that we have on entropedia.

* Would it make sense to have an option to hide the results that result in "Items in red are over-amped."

Note:

I've noticed that some things in the database might be wrong, never saw this in the same way since I usually use weapon compare over at entropedia. Maybe it is time (for me) to think about this and spend some time updating entropedia.
I'm thinking about the possibility to attach melee amps on certain weapons, not sure it is correct on all weapons (RT)...

Amazing job and great initiative!

I like the setup and general layout. Will try on the next few days.

+ rep

Entropedia is down again and I already have use out of your site.

Good updates. Nice use of AJAX. :)

Thanks for all the good vibes, everyone! I'm glad y'all find the site useful.

Bug report:

These swords won't show up in the result (there are 4 of them): S & B Fractal Katana 40 (L)
If I enter a name filter like "katana" they will show up.
Not sure if it is like this for other items as well...

They show up in the default view, whether they show up after filtering/sorting is dependent on how you filter/sort. One thing to be aware of is that if you sort by a column other than name, if there's no data available for that weapon in that column, it will hide it from the list. So for example, if you sort by DPP, if I'm not able to calculate the DPP for a weapon due to missing data, I don't show that weapon in the list -- I put this in the question-mark popup next to the hidden items list, but it may not be that obvious. The assumption is that if you are sorting by DPP, for example, then you probably aren't interesting in seeing weapons for which this can't be obtained. In the case of your swords, the 45 and 55 are missing a bunch of data, so they are not going to show up for anything other than a name-sorted list. The 35 and 40 do show up for me in other views, so maybe you had filtered them out somehow.

Feature requests:

* I'd like to see the profession level in the table, since we can filter on profession level. Perhaps you'd want to implement the show/hide columns feature that we have on entropedia.

* Would it make sense to have an option to hide the results that result in "Items in red are over-amped."

Note:

I've noticed that some things in the database might be wrong, never saw this in the same way since I usually use weapon compare over at entropedia. Maybe it is time (for me) to think about this and spend some time updating entropedia.
I'm thinking about the possibility to attach melee amps on certain weapons, not sure it is correct on all weapons (RT)...

I don't think I ever noticed the show/hide columns feature on EP; but yes, it's not a bad idea.

As a side note to the over-amp problem, one feature I thought might be cool is an option to "pick the best amp", and have it automatically select the amp most appropriate for each weapon and show that in the list. This way you could just put in your professional levels and essentially see the best setups for you.

BTW, I am working on a replacement for the compare tool as we speak. :)

The 35 and 40 do show up for me in other views, so maybe you had filtered them out somehow.
The 35 was the one I was looking for specifically, today it shows up alright, tried a bunch of different things but couldn't replicate that I couldn't see it in the results. Perhaps I just missed it somehow but I'm sure I looked several times the other day :D good to see that it works anyway! And I had read the info under the hidden question mark... :silly2: (btw, you might want to change so a pointing hand shows when hovering over the question mark, indicating that one can click it, like the buttons)

As a side note to the over-amp problem, one feature I thought might be cool is an option to "pick the best amp", and have it automatically select the amp most appropriate for each weapon and show that in the list. This way you could just put in your professional levels and essentially see the best setups for you.

YES YES YES!!!
This is THE ONE thing I've always missed at entropedia, otherwise a more or less complete site it was...

Update 2011-11-13:

Weapon comparison tool added: http://entropia.wiki/weapon-compare

I had to do it from memory, so I'm possibly leaving something out from the EP tool.

I ran out of time, but I am still working on some of the other feature requests.

Update 2011-11-13:

Weapon comparison tool added: http://entropia.wiki/weapon-compare

I had to do it from memory, so I'm possibly leaving something out from the EP tool.

I ran out of time, but I am still working on some of the other feature requests.

Neat, a version that is quick :) bye bye entropedia! (at least when it comes to weapons we're almost there)

For now I can't think of something that I miss from the weapon comparison!

Update 2016-11-14

I implemented the amp finder algorithm; you can find the "best" amp for a given weapon either by eco or by dmg, and filter out (L) if you like. It works great on the comparison tool, but the algorithm is too slow to integrate into the chart. I will have to come back to it and see if there's a way to optimize it better.

I also added the requested options to the chart, minus the ability to customize the columns - that will have to be for another day.

thre is a problem with weapons that require 105 lvl, this tool only works up to 100 and it will say gun its unmaxed lol

test for DOA Smacktalker (L)

thre is a problem with weapons that require 105 lvl, this tool only works up to 100 and it will say gun its unmaxed lol

test for DOA Smacktalker (L)

Oh, woops. I didn't know there was anything over 100! I will change the cap.

Oh, woops. I didn't know there was anything over 100! I will change the cap.

bl1950 reuqest is 115 btw , highest from what i know

Update 2016-11-30

Now that Entropedia is back up and in good hands :yay:, I don't see the point of continuing to spend time on this. I have plenty of other work to do, and my only impetus for this project was a necessity that no longer exists.

The source is here if anyone wants it for whatever reason: http://entropia.wiki/entropia.wiki-source-20161130.tar.bz2

It's built on a MEAN stack, and should run on any platform. If you need any help with getting it going, feel free to PM.

Back