PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks for all the good vibes, everyone! I'm glad y'all find the site useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Knightley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bug report:

These swords won't show up in the result (there are 4 of them): S & B Fractal Katana 40 (L)
    If I enter a name filter like "katana" they will show up.
    Not sure if it is like this for other items as well...
    They show up in the default view, whether they show up after filtering/sorting is dependent on how you filter/sort. One thing to be aware of is that if you sort by a column other than name, if there's no data available for that weapon in that column, it will hide it from the list. So for example, if you sort by DPP, if I'm not able to calculate the DPP for a weapon due to missing data, I don't show that weapon in the list -- I put this in the question-mark popup next to the hidden items list, but it may not be that obvious. The assumption is that if you are sorting by DPP, for example, then you probably aren't interesting in seeing weapons for which this can't be obtained. In the case of your swords, the 45 and 55 are missing a bunch of data, so they are not going to show up for anything other than a name-sorted list. The 35 and 40 do show up for me in other views, so maybe you had filtered them out somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Knightley View Post

Feature requests:

* I'd like to see the profession level in the table, since we can filter on profession level. Perhaps you'd want to implement the show/hide columns feature that we have on entropedia.

* Would it make sense to have an option to hide the results that result in "Items in red are over-amped."

Note:

I've noticed that some things in the database might be wrong, never saw this in the same way since I usually use weapon compare over at entropedia. Maybe it is time (for me) to think about this and spend some time updating entropedia.
    I'm thinking about the possibility to attach melee amps on certain weapons, not sure it is correct on all weapons (RT)...

I don't think I ever noticed the show/hide columns feature on EP; but yes, it's not a bad idea.

As a side note to the over-amp problem, one feature I thought might be cool is an option to "pick the best amp", and have it automatically select the amp most appropriate for each weapon and show that in the list. This way you could just put in your professional levels and essentially see the best setups for you.

BTW, I am working on a replacement for the compare tool as we speak.

Amber Blastie Knightley
    Society
    Sons of Anarchy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    The 35 and 40 do show up for me in other views, so maybe you had filtered them out somehow.
    The 35 was the one I was looking for specifically, today it shows up alright, tried a bunch of different things but couldn't replicate that I couldn't see it in the results. Perhaps I just missed it somehow but I'm sure I looked several times the other day good to see that it works anyway! And I had read the info under the hidden question mark... (btw, you might want to change so a pointing hand shows when hovering over the question mark, indicating that one can click it, like the buttons)

As a side note to the over-amp problem, one feature I thought might be cool is an option to "pick the best amp", and have it automatically select the amp most appropriate for each weapon and show that in the list. This way you could just put in your professional levels and essentially see the best setups for you.
    YES YES YES!!!
    This is THE ONE thing I've always missed at entropedia, otherwise a more or less complete site it was...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
    Simply put, if it happens in a pvp area I couldn't care less.

Update 2011-11-13:

Weapon comparison tool added: http://entropia.wiki/weapon-compare

I had to do it from memory, so I'm possibly leaving something out from the EP tool.

I ran out of time, but I am still working on some of the other feature requests.

Amber Blastie Knightley
    Society
    Sons of Anarchy
    Images
    Update 2011-11-13:

Weapon comparison tool added: http://entropia.wiki/weapon-compare

I had to do it from memory, so I'm possibly leaving something out from the EP tool.

I ran out of time, but I am still working on some of the other feature requests.
    Neat, a version that is quick bye bye entropedia! (at least when it comes to weapons we're almost there)

For now I can't think of something that I miss from the weapon comparison!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
    Simply put, if it happens in a pvp area I couldn't care less.

Update 2016-11-14

I implemented the amp finder algorithm; you can find the "best" amp for a given weapon either by eco or by dmg, and filter out (L) if you like. It works great on the comparison tool, but the algorithm is too slow to integrate into the chart. I will have to come back to it and see if there's a way to optimize it better.

I also added the requested options to the chart, minus the ability to customize the columns - that will have to be for another day.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Stoica Alina Alina
    Society
    freeeeee
    Images
    thre is a problem with weapons that require 105 lvl, this tool only works up to 100 and it will say gun its unmaxed lol

test for DOA Smacktalker (L)

Quote Originally Posted by Alina View Post
    thre is a problem with weapons that require 105 lvl, this tool only works up to 100 and it will say gun its unmaxed lol

test for DOA Smacktalker (L)
    Oh, woops. I didn't know there was anything over 100! I will change the cap.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Stoica Alina Alina
    Society
    freeeeee
    Images
    Oh, woops. I didn't know there was anything over 100! I will change the cap.
    bl1950 reuqest is 115 btw , highest from what i know

Update 2016-11-30

Now that Entropedia is back up and in good hands , I don't see the point of continuing to spend time on this. I have plenty of other work to do, and my only impetus for this project was a necessity that no longer exists.

The source is here if anyone wants it for whatever reason: http://entropia.wiki/entropia.wiki-s...161130.tar.bz2

It's built on a MEAN stack, and should run on any platform. If you need any help with getting it going, feel free to PM.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Thank you for your efforts, it was a good thing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast