Scopes and Sights Calculations

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
I have a few questions about the impact of scopes and sights on weapon calculations.

I would assume that zoom does not impact anything, it's just a feature. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Both scopes and sights have a skill modifier and a skill bonus.

1. I'm guessing the skill modifier (%) should be applied to the player's level before making skill-based calculations, correct? Does it apply to both hit and damage? If I have a scope and a sight, does one stack upon the other, or do I calculate each against the base level and then add them?

2. What is the skill bonus?

3. Why does the Entropedia weapon compare tool allow for 2 sights to be attached? As far as I can tell, this is not possible in the game.

Thanks in advance.

There we go :) This topic comes up 2-3 times a year but it never leads to anything. No one clearly knows what they do beyond theories. I guess only one fact can be agreed upon, they very slightly increase skillgain due to the added decay.

What I personally think is they increase aim skill for that %, increasing you hit profession and making you do "MISS" less, but only on unmaxed weapons. And skill bonus adds to the SIB but also only on unmaxed weapons.

Yes, you can add second sight, it goes onto the scope.

1. We don't actually know this, but I take it as a Hit modifier, added to your hit skill, which will in turn raise your hit ability. Note this will not improve your hit rate on maxed weapons (10.0 HA, 90% hitrate).

2. The skill bonus is related to the TT decay of the scope/sight. The more you spend, the more skill return you receive. You'll note that the higher decaying attachments have higher skill bonuses. How this is calculated is not confirmed - it's definitely not a multiplier (this would be obvious). The difference is so minimal, I see it as a %addition e.g. skill mod 1.5, = total skill gain rate of 101.5% (1.015x).

3. Attach 1 laser sight onto the scope, and one laser sight onto the gun.

Thanks for the replies. I am currently factoring in the decay for economy calculations, but the skill modifier sounds like it should be left out as it's not firmly known what the impact is. Does that sound reasonable?

By all the understanding laid out above and in previous threads, they are but a relic from the time before there were SIB and L weapons at all. But this begs the question why new models keep being introduced (S&B latest I'm aware of). Weird.

Just a way for amp crafters to skill up before going in to mining amps...

Back