Tribute to Golden Players!

Manique

Marauder
Society
In Da Pocket
Paulo Manique Santos
Hello.

To start off I want to state clearly that im not being sponsored or paid in anyway to write what i will write, however, I feel this should be shared.

Some years ago, we had a TP named after someone that "supposedly" was the first player to reach certain points in Sweat Gathering (which he wasnt by the way, he was just and still is more vocal on PCF than the average), however if you play other games, you can see some tributes to players / fans that had some relevance in the community or in the game, but didnt "pay to earn" so to speak, people such as people that passed away, got monuments and such, which i find admirable.

I feel this would be great to recognize the merit, longevity, dedication and specially love for the game, with some ingame tribute, a small statue, a TP named, a memorial thing to some players, we do have Memorial island, that is a dead teleporter and was amogsnt the most beautifull in existance for what it held. It doesnt have to be in that teleporter specificly, but other teleporters having name after players that had clearly a mark in this game, small recognition icons, it would be amazing to see that, instead of being only event winners that can name teleporters or Land Area owners, something that is special and cant be "bought".

Exposing this, I would like to make a sugestion that i believe to be fair, given this player's mark in the game.
All due respect to Megavolt, but he earnt a TP for achieving sweat gathering and wasnt even the first, just posted it first, and got a teleporter named for it, which i find the principal/idea great to award a player.

But I come to speak of a friend, that thru the years had few breaks,
He has skills like no others, he is one of the few higher skilled avatars that didnt sell or share his account to have it skilled by someone else, he didnt use bots, he paid heavilly some of his skills by skilling naturally and sometimes even uneficient, and why? Because he shown what few show for this game, he shown love for the game, this became a huge part of his life, like all of us.
When I joined the game in late 2007 his name was already known, even entropedia had marks that only him was known to have this skill.
He is a respectable older player that, even tho he is more closed down given certain circustances, he is every bit as kind to a new player as he is to a more skilled, he will respect everyone by who they are, not by the PED card or by their soc.
He shown dedication skilling to the point some may call him insane, not to brag of his ego, you dont see him say "i got this much pls give me stuff" no, he always kept stuff quiet cos for him, the game isnt about measuring who is the highest, is about fun, achieving goals, if anything he likes to keep quiet but his skills ranks, atributes do bring some attention up.
By now im quite sure most of you know im talking about Dan Dan Petrov, fact is, if you knew this also by now, you know clearly he has been around for a while, and you recognize him for what i said about him.

Dan also made it clearly he isnt a profitable player, and one may think
If most ubers try to break even or profit only because thats their goal, why would this guy stay ingame with all those skills?
Fact is, as i said above, its all about the love, dedication he shown over the years, he is still one of the very first players and was among the first to have even Gold cards, if the comunity at times wouldn't be as toxic, he has stories from old times to share that would make anyone navigate on a nostalgia trip of Entropia Universe, how things used to be, stories about some players, events, mobs, even rare loot drops, he is a book and a mark in my opinion.

I can gladly say this because, he is a close person to me, and im very happy to get to know him for who he is.
All this love and dedication also earn him the title of the most skilled player and highest HP aswell, which i knew he had it for long, but he never came to post until some people close to him told him he should do it, not to brag, but since a lot ask, he'd let it known, and its far better let people that would ask anyone know, but since he is closed up, he never shared much

attributes_649722.jpg

He was the first to reach a whole 400 HP!! this was posted in 06-28-2015, he has been on a bit less but still whenever he can he still skills up, and probably I shouldnt share, but I should also let the comunity know that he is probably the first player to have reached the 1 Million mark, yes, 1.000.000 Skills, without having a second shooter or second person using the avatar, that as you know, most these days do when runing with the craziest setups.
He also is by far, as far as i know, the highest player skilled in mindforce and has a passion for the profession like none else, even tho isn't as viable as others currently are.

He has his humble ways and keeps griding thru all the missions, at this moment folks should also know he has 60+ stamina, Even avatars with second shoters havent got that much, and some of you may think, but no, he didnt abuse any bugs to get this, if anything he will stay away from those because he values his avatar as if it was real life, he wouldnt go into comiting a crime, which is honorable even if penalizes him.

With all I posted, his insane, by now, over 400hp, his 1M skills, and being the personality he is.
In my opinion, he'd deserve some recognition, wouldnt you guys think?

Also, If would have someone that pops in your mind, I believe would be nice sharing your story.

As for now, I'd love to see a memorial or some recognition for the person Dan Dan Petrov is and for the player he is, if you cant respect and honor a player that put over 10 years of his life into this game for liking it and being humble and honest about it, even tho he is the highest, I dont know who else to respect.

(sorry Dan you will read this as a surprize)

This post is clearly to respect and honor some players, as part of that, and in respect for others, please keep the thread clean if you may :)

wow insane dan def should have a dan petrov statue for him

I really have taken a big liking to sweating in this game and I have been bashed on chats, forums etc,for liking to sweat. Some of those people bashing are a bit high profile as well.

Dan took the time to rep me to never give up, and commented on my swunt blog. I really appreciate players like him, they keep me in the game and motivate me to accomplish my goals.

HERE is some of that motivation from my blog

Him and the countless other people who have PM me, posted on my blog, and gave me random reps to not give up are the reason i WILL hit lvl 50 in sweat gatherer.

Last edited:
wow insane dan def should have a dan petrov statue for him
I know that he is one of the motivators for me to try to reach lvl 50 in sweater

Thanks for the post
A statue, a MF skill, a chip, something I think would be very suitable and well earnt.
I forgot to mention, he is a nicer person than he is skilled, and hell he is skilled :D

Hopefully he'd share his SG sometime, which is the skill he has most price cos cant be bought, and only dedication and time will bring it.

Totally agree, Dan should have something named after him, if there isn't something already? Kinda surprised there isn't with all named things available...
Dan really is a legend!

Manique, I don't like the first part of your post, why do you make it sound like in Entropia there is barely no dedication to players in game? I bump into items, places etc. everyday that got there names from players names or where named by players...

Think it is unfair to publish the stats of a friend who doesn't want them public.
And could you stop complaining about all the "secondary shooters" etc.? Even hunting for 10 years straight, you won't end up anywhere close to 750k or hell 1M skills. Or 147 skills over 2k. It is just a skill collection obsession that gets you there and / or the fact you were there from the start of the game.
That said, crazy achievements, 400hp and 1M skills. Keep it up Dan, you are our hero!
In my opinion these kind of achievements should be noticed and rewarded by MA without posts on forum. They should probably even make a board of top ranking players ingame by different categories. It would be way better than that rare loot which is almost never rare anyway. Or they could even give some other kind of rewards like a "social" buff for the top. Motivation is key.
Dan also made it clearly he isnt a profitable player
That is one of the crucial problems with this game. skills don't really matter after maxed and reaching some level enough. I am convinced a lot of high level players would not be selling out or withdrawing (further degrading the game) if they were getting returns that justify staying, without having to deposit real money constantly to catch up (e.g. to get the latest buffs).
[/QUOTE]

It's so beautiful! Brings tears to my eyes.
I'd love to go to Planet Dan, if MA would ever so kindly to do that.

Nice post! And I totally agree! I started very early myself and he was one of the first names that "stood out". Never ever have I heard any negative about him either - only good things.
:wtg::girl:

That is one of the crucial problems with this game. skills don't really matter after maxed and reaching some level enough. I am convinced a lot of high level players would not be selling out or withdrawing (further degrading the game) if they were getting returns that justify staying, without having to deposit real money constantly to catch up (e.g. to get the latest buffs).

Sorry to go offtopic on this, kinda but..
Have you ever considered that those buffs cost soo much becouse those who buy them use them 24/7 to make their money back. As a regular player, you will almost never earn that back ingame
If buff X gives me 10 ped/h & costs 100k ped then it will take me 10000 hours to make that back.
Now if I, the normal player play 8h/day it would take me 1250 days to earn it back.
Now the ppl who play say 18h/day will make that back in 555 days.
For that reason alone, I kinda hate the ppl that share their ava.

About dan not profitting, I've seen him play a few times & I'm sure he could profit IF HE WANTED TO.
I'm also sure that if he wanted to, he knows who to ask for advice, atleast I do :laugh:

I think Dan was the first person I used a scanner on, I think it was back in 04-05 and back then you could only see three of the highest professions if I recall correctly. I was amazed to see that he had three totally different professions at professional ranks that I hadn't seen before.

I also remember that before the revamp of the society system Dan didn't have a titel next to his name, he wasnt a freelancer nor was he in a society.

It seems like you (Manique) knows him pretty well but the doings of Dan seems shrouded in mystery. Are you sure that he would like to be in the center of attention? He deserves it but only if he feels comfortable with it.

Sure Dan is an awesome player, and agreed a very quiet man too.

I have no problem with a game tribute for his personal achievements within EU.

I'm not quite sure what that could be, it might not be a TP or a statue because that's not how he rolls. He doesn't go for the fame thing.

Maybe something more cool, a special mindforce 'orb' he can hold and it does something quite unique that only his skills can activate.

We don't want to get into a situation like the Terminator again though, it would also be a shame to make it avatar bound. But with a little imagination MA could do something cool. What if such an item activated a beam of light, or turned something on for a period of time.

Smiles

Yeah!!! I'm all for recognising Dan Petrov as an EU superstar.

Rick

Wow that is some awesome skills, I knew that he was top 5 ranked or something like that, but to have that total skills and hp :eyecrazy:

It would be cool if there was some (not gamebreaking) buffs or visual effects if an elite player (over lvl 100 in any profession) enter a shared hunting event. It could be something like a chat message or visual buff that encourage other people to fight harder in the event, like a moral increasing effect. The problem with this is that some might not want to show their skills or have this attention. Although, it would be fun to have some more social functions in this game, especially during events :)

Think it is unfair to publish the stats of a friend who doesn't want them public.
And could you stop complaining about all the "secondary shooters" etc.? Even hunting for 10 years straight, you won't end up anywhere close to 750k or hell 1M skills. Or 147 skills over 2k. It is just a skill collection obsession that gets you there and / or the fact you were there from the start of the game.
That said, crazy achievements, 400hp and 1M skills. Keep it up Dan, you are our hero!
In my opinion these kind of achievements should be noticed and rewarded by MA without posts on forum. They should probably even make a board of top ranking players ingame by different categories. It would be way better than that rare loot which is almost never rare anyway. Or they could even give some other kind of rewards like a "social" buff for the top. Motivation is key.

[/QUOTE]
He hinted about his stats a while ago.
And about second shoters, I only mention the truth, not a personal attack, because as you know, there's plenty who do that, you are probably just the one that comes honest about it

Since MA doesn't take the initiative, I tought of doing it myself, since some of the stuff that happened in game so far, its been thru player sugestions.

However thanks for the post!
Sure Dan is an awesome player, and agreed a very quiet man too.

I have no problem with a game tribute for his personal achievements within EU.

I'm not quite sure what that could be, it might not be a TP or a statue because that's not how he rolls. He doesn't go for the fame thing.

Maybe something more cool, a special mindforce 'orb' he can hold and it does something quite unique that only his skills can activate.

We don't want to get into a situation like the Terminator again though, it would also be a shame to make it avatar bound. But with a little imagination MA could do something cool. What if such an item activated a beam of light, or turned something on for a period of time.

Smiles

Yeah!!! I'm all for recognising Dan Petrov as an EU superstar.

Rick

Yea, Dan doesn't roll really that way
He doesn't do what he does for fame and fortune.

He does it for pure enjoyment, and how many we know that got that honest and humble objective? None, most just play for the cash, and even forget about something essencial, which is having fun.

So far thank you for the inputs

Last edited:
Nice seeing a bit of humanity in here.

So much dedication, hard work, and not a pec of arrogance about it.
Congratulations on all your personal achievements all along the road Sir Dan.

Very inspiring thread here, thank you for sharing this Manique.

Thanks for the post
A statue, a MF skill, a chip, something I think would be very suitable and well earnt.
I forgot to mention, he is a nicer person than he is skilled, and hell he is skilled :D

Hopefully he'd share his SG sometime, which is the skill he has most price cos cant be bought, and only dedication and time will bring it.

Bah, statue, etc. would be nice, but give him something worthwhile... How about a whole city, deeds and all? Just copy/paste Medusa Head and put it on either the north or south side of the map connecting the servers from the north and south much like Medusa does for the middle now.

Maybe an unlock which happens only at 1 million skills points, named after him.

Or at 400 health.

Could be something like ESL which doesn't contribute skill points.

Bah, statue, etc. would be nice, but give him something worthwhile... How about a whole city, deeds and all? Just copy/paste Medusa Head and put it on either the north or south side of the map connecting the servers from the north and south much like Medusa does for the middle now.

Sarcasm isnt welcome to the post
If you don't know the player please dont bring up this sort of stuff, it isnt needed :)

All i droped were sugestions, im sure there's way better ideas out there and MA could make something not only for him but few deserving players that are part of EU for so long.

Maybe an unlock which happens only at 1 million skills points, named after him.

Or at 400 health.

Could be something like ESL which doesn't contribute skill points.

something on that line would be interesting and i think deserving.
But imo he'd deserve it not only for the skills but also personality.

Thanks for the post :)

Also do not forget if you feel this is a good idea for other players too.

Don't know Dan personally however remember scanning him many, many years ago and thinking wow one day I might have those skills.

Now nearly 10 years later I have multiple times his level back then.

If I scanned him now I would probably think exactly what I thought back then :):).

A great effort by a dedicated player.

I agree, recognition of a players status and loyalty to the game should be rewarded. Dan would be deserving of this.

Further to this I think players who reach say 2, 5, 7, 10 years experience be granted a bound item of note, be it a type of clothing, a weapon or a skill boost of significance.

MA has done a little this way in terms of the new Jumpsuits, with only a select level of HP allowing access to the different colours, with white being the most notable.

I agree, recognition of a players status and loyalty to the game should be rewarded. Dan would be deserving of this.

Further to this I think players who reach say 2, 5, 7, 10 years experience be granted a bound item of note, be it a type of clothing, a weapon or a skill boost of significance.

MA has done a little this way in terms of the new Jumpsuits, with only a select level of HP allowing access to the different colours, with white being the most notable.

Thanks for the reply and you made a very good point
"Loyalty points" would be interesting

Without question there should be something named after Dan Dan Petrov.

Last edited:
Without question there should be something named after Dan Dan Petrov. I suppose there hasn't been because he has always been a private player and has gone unnoticed by Mindark. Although the private nature of the man has added to the mystery and legendary status he has. A proper honour for him would be to bring back Umbranoid's and name an Umbranoid camp after him; something like that.

Good idea.

Rick

First of all Manique, you are a bit wrong, we do have a bit of those landmarks and ones which come quick to mind are Nea's Place and Rei's Defense, both named after players, Nea Schaefer and ck_Rei. Also the LA awarded to Entropia Pioneers society.

However I do agree MA could do more, there are a few spectacular ones indeed. Quick examples would be Strakkan on mining (first to unlock miner and drilling expertise), Auktuma on crafting (amazing guy and for the achievement that he kept hidden the recipe for Fi/Ra/Co until MA introduced orders on bps in auction :laugh: man if you read this don't take it bad, I respect you and I am glad to have you on FL, but I laughed half hour when I saw it at that VU), Starman, Skalman on hunting.. My long-not-logged-in friend Great Optima Dane for being bloody amazing.. And lots of stuff which could add charm: Pham Pham Newen, probably the game's first maniacal camper :laugh:, who managed to get two ATHs in one day on different mobs, egern (hope I remember correctly the name) from Project Asylum-Corp., who got the first "vast" in game, the organizers of the old boxing events, the manhunt, the wof, the founders and curators of pe-wiki and then entropedia, Zap for his loot table and so many story tellers, blueprint art guys, explorers, content creators etc

A proper honour for him would be to bring back Umbranoid's and name an Umbranoid camp after him; something like that.

Was just thinking that :laugh: First time I ever met Dan was at the old umbranoid camp just out of Twin Peaks. Won't blame it on him that he inspired me to do melee and consequently used katsuichi valor with no skills whatsoever for the next 7 months :laugh: But man he DID hunted those buggers.

While I agree with thread starter, we do have some of that ingame already.

nea's place, the megavolt, two other player named TPs

mcCormick safe, dub and mcCormick terminator some other named weapons and ofcourse Lykke's chest:

nun_783765.jpg

I mean Lykke's chest:

newlykkechest.jpg

I have my own tp on Arkadia (Storm's keep)

and my old society has their own tp (Odysseus Landing)

But yeah, more of that!

And Dan Petrov definately needs some honoring.

I made a suggestion back in 2008

There's tons of shit named after players in the game. Usually highly vocal on forums, or players who are "in it for the fame".

There's only 2 players I revere (respected is too light, cos I respect many players), Anda & Dan, and only one left.

A more fitting tribute to Dan from MA would be to continue to improve the game, and potentially read some of his suggestions here on the forum, rather than a token & meaningless re-naming gesture.

While I do mean it in my first reply, give the next planet's name to Dan and not ownership (that's probably what Manique was offended with?). Here's an easier solution, have each and every "upcoming" mindforce amplifiers named after Dan.

Thanks for the kind posts so far and acceptance of the idea and sharing your input and people of interest aswell

The Umbranoid thing would really be fitting, since he was known to make umbranoids extinct back then :laugh:

There's only 2 players I revere (respected is too light, cos I respect many players), Anda & Dan, and only one left.

Just curious and I don't mean to be rude but wasn't Anda the one KSing all tantardion guardians? Notorious kser back in the day

Have only read half way through OP, that was enough to say:

YES - give Dan something

A town named after him - Dan´s City

:yay::yay::yay:

Back