Tribute to Golden Players!

Memorial Island

I thought that was a great idea to remember someone, and I really wish the option to add would continue, but there is just the one player who passed away. I'd like to see more memorials and for what you are saying a "hall of champions" so to speak would be nice.

By nature, I rarely get impressed. But people that combine awesomeness with humbleness like this always wins my respect. Never seeking acknowledgement from others, just minding their own business and being great at it while letting the results speak for themselves. Those are the people I truly admire.

Good read, Manique! I agree, he definitely deserves some type of recognition should he want it and enjoy it.

Memorial Island

I thought that was a great idea to remember someone, and I really wish the option to add would continue, but there is just the one player who passed away. I'd like to see more memorials and for what you are saying a "hall of champions" so to speak would be nice.

Memorial Island as a concept is amazing - and sadly needed as time goes on. I was truly touched when I first learned about it and went there. For me: the in-game memorial was an integral part of the overarching idea that this virtual world really mattered and that what you, as a person/avatar, did here would have a lasting impact....

However, as the years have rolled on, and many of those who, lamentably, have deserved a place there never received that acknowledgement, I have become more saddened.....

We have lost a lot of a great people, and I wish that they still had an honored remembrance here in this virtual universe...*

:(

* If they, or their loved ones, deemed it appropriate and fitting.

He was the first to reach a whole 400 HP!! this was posted in 06-28-2015, he has been on a bit less but still whenever he can he still skills up, and probably I shouldnt share, but I should also let the comunity know that he is probably the first player to have reached the 1 Million mark, yes, 1.000.000 Skills, without having a second shooter or second person using the avatar, that as you know, most these days do when runing with the craziest setups.

Darn, I nearly feel pity for Dan for not having a real life.
But nevertheless respect for his achievements. :bowdown:

I tried to do the same in the old days, you know, when there was no autofire option, but RSI prevented me to make 100.000 mouse clicks per day.

Darn, I nearly feel pity for Dan for not having a real life.
But nevertheless respect for his achievements. :bowdown:

I tried to do the same in the old days, you know, when there was no autofire option, but RSI prevented me to make 100.000 mouse clicks per day.

thats the thing
he does, he has a normal job and normal life
But some have all sorts of hobbies and passions, well his is clear what it is :)

thats the thing
he does, he has a normal job and normal life
But some have all sorts of hobbies and passions, well his is clear what it is :)

Allright, I guess we all have our own definitions of a normal life ;)

Have only read half way through OP, that was enough to say:

YES - give Dan something

A town named after him - Dan´s City

:yay::yay::yay:

There are some comments I could make about the opening post, but I dont wish to derail it and I support the general reason for its being created.

I haven't chatted to Dan very often but every time I have, it's been a pleasure and consider him a credit to our universe and so would fully endorse GoNi's suggestion above.

Keep up the awesome work Dan!

:bowdown:

I remember when I was mostly a noob, perhaps in 2005-2006 , that he was already a known "legend", a Knife / Blade master as I recall back then.

I only started to see some of his post not long ago, and found out a great guy with a great sense of humor.

It's impressive to see his dedication.

Cool post.

I remember when I was mostly a noob, perhaps in 2005-2006 , that he was already a known "legend", a Knife / Blade master as I recall back then.

I only started to see some of his post not long ago, and found out a great guy with a great sense of humor.

Cool post.

I think i saw a screenshot from 2003-2004 when he was a master human investigator. There is no player that has come close to Dan's skilling feats.

Last edited:

I share this sentiment. When I was only really getting into PE, Dan was already one of those legends that I didn't see too often but knew about, but I bumped into him a few times doing his thing, maybe at the umbra's or something. He was one of the players I aspired to back then for their extraordinary skills.

I hope Dan you won't mind me posting this, and you certainly won't remember but I found an old screenie from my 'peak' period of PE:

chat_with_dan_nov_2006.jpg

I'd certainly sign in agreement of some in-game/in-world recognition for Mr Petrov!

I share this sentiment. When I was only really getting into PE, Dan was already one of those legends that I didn't see too often but knew about, but I bumped into him a few times doing his thing, maybe at the umbra's or something. He was one of the players I aspired to back then for their extraordinary skills.

I hope Dan you won't mind me posting this, and you certainly won't remember but I found an old screenie from my 'peak' period of PE:

chat_with_dan_nov_2006.jpg

I'd certainly sign in agreement of some in-game/in-world recognition for Mr Petrov!

this sort of thing is gold :)

Cool post.

Hunting hogglo naked with survival 10, no-one else in the game could do it (and probably very, very few now).

Legend :)

Back