Question: When do you use your attribute tokens?

Luna Moon

Mature
Society
Rangers
Lunareth Luna Moon
Hello, closing in on another 10k mission and was wondering if you guys use your 100 attribute tokens instantly or save them for a certain break point. So far I have saved all of mine in storage.

Anyone know how it works with skill vs attribute? For instance if you need X amount o of skills to go from 78-79 agility and use 100 agility tokens instead, does that mean you still need X amounts of skills for 79-80 or does the increase in attribute points keep scaling the skill needed even though you used tokens to increase that specific attribute? To simplify the question: is it as rewarding to use attribute tokens to go from 79 to 80 as i.e. 119 to 120?

Appreciate the help to sort this out.

/Luna

It doesn't really matter. Attribute points are more for bragging rights than anything else. I stopped taking them when offered a different choice. Taking skill points that you can potentially chip out at one point is a much better option.

Anything past 70 or so is fine, that is when the slow down really starts to be felt.

You should use your attributes tokens as late as possible (then think about it for a few months after that ;) )

As attributes still go up visibly up till 70, I'd recommend you dont use them before that. I'd then try to resist using them even at 70 and hang on until 80 if you can.

I've got 101.7 Agility and 100 Agility tokens (from the 10k Bone samples) which I've resisted using for over a year because I still hope to get to 102.0 naturally first. :cool:

You should use your attributes tokens as late as possible (then think about it for a few months after that ;) )

As attributes still go up visibly up till 70, I'd recommend you dont use them before that. I'd then try to resist using them even at 70 and hang on until 80 if you can.

I've got 101.7 Agility and 100 Agility tokens (from the 10k Bone samples) which I've resisted using for over a year because I still hope to get to 102.0 naturally first. :cool:

Ok but if you use them do you get 102.7 or 102? If the latter I guess I should at least wait for it to until it becomes xx.00 or at least close to it. So I don't waste it by using it at xx.90 to get .10 for my tokens.

Ok but if you use them do you get 102.7 or 102? If the latter I guess I should at least wait for it to until it becomes xx.00 or at least close to it. So I don't waste it by using it at xx.90 to get .10 for my tokens.

Im not sure about token rewards but the rewards from missions that offers you a full attribute point get you from 101.7 to 102.7. I would guess that its the same with the tokens though.

All my attributes (except stamina) range from 58 (for Intel) to 71 (for agility) currently.

Never used any of the normal attribute tokens as of yet. Only stamina tokens have been used since it doesn't go up naturally. Stamina is at 11.

Will probably consider when my attribute is 80 onwards, maybe later.

lol.

If I have 100 attribute tokens I will eat them for a point. Just in case something gets nerfed, and also because they may have value under the hood once in your ava.

Sure you can hold off and build natural attributes and eat them tokens in future, although if you keep re-evaluating your personal goals and targets, you're never eat them. There comes a point that you have to say to yourself, "whatever"...does it really matter.

Eat the damn tokens and then you at least benefit from the token the moment you eat it, whatever that means under the hood.

Rick

101.7->102.7. But you will reach 103+ much later than if you'd waited until 102 and used the tokens then. And this thought will make you postponing their usage forever :)

And for that reason I take only stamina tokens, because those I can use immediately without regrets.

Excellent, thanks for all the great feedback!

I would like to add my question to this thread;
I am relatively new player - just hit lvl 30 in laser hit; in few days i will have to choose to go or not for 10k argonauts for the 100 stamina tokens reward.
I browsed the forum for the stamina topics and from what I read it seems just to increase some percentage of 1 health points (some says it is needed 11 stamina points for 1 HP, the other says just 9 are enough) and nothing more.
If this is still so is there any to go for those stamina tokens right now AND is there a reason to take the stamina tokens at all instead of the skill rewards?

I would like to add my question to this thread;
I am relatively new player - just hit lvl 30 in laser hit; in few days i will have to choose to go or not for 10k argonauts for the 100 stamina tokens reward.
I browsed the forum for the stamina topics and from what I read it seems just to increase some percentage of 1 health points (some says it is needed 11 stamina points for 1 HP, the other says just 9 are enough) and nothing more.
If this is still so is there any to go for those stamina tokens right now AND is there a reason to take the stamina tokens at all instead of the skill rewards?

When I comes to hunting I rate the usefulness of skill rewards like this: evade>hp>dmg>hit. HP and Evade has almost the same value to me.

As combat reflexes contributes to hp as well as evader I would almost always choose that. However, if you combat reflexes skill is quite high the contribution from that argo reward will be pretty minor both in terms of hp and evade. If the amount of HP that I get from the stamina tokens is more than the contribution from combat reflexes I would consider taking the tokens.

Stamina is impossible to get on a natural way and tokens has a fixed contribution, its important to keep in mind.

It's 1 hp per 9.25 of stamina. Sounds like not much, but who knows what other uses it might get one day, and since missions are the only way to get it, I prefer not to risk to waste the opportunity.

Back