Question: Many avatars doing 24/7 hunting

Status
So is working in front of a computer 8 hours a day, which is unfortunately what I do. So add that on top of a few hours of EU after work, its actually not all that uncommon.

Its 2016, it became more common
Either that or ppl sitting in front of tv

So is working in front of a computer 8 hours a day, which is unfortunately what I do. So add that on top of a few hours of EU after work, its actually not all that uncommon.
Sorry but I have to ask! Are you working 8 hours or pretending that you work and playing games? :laugh:

sounds like an invitation to a gun battle :)
and yea, debate with people supporting everyone owning a gun might end up in losing :D
You want a gun debate, I'll give you one in a separate forum and just a heads up, you will lose.

sounds like an invitation to a gun battle :)
and yea, debate with people supporting everyone owning a gun might end up in losing :D

What a dumb comment and I don't support everyone owning a gun, nor is that the law of the US. Knock it off.

On topic, because I just got a couple PMs wanting to play my avatar for me to profit, I can tell you that people playing others avatars are widespread.

reply to da's quote below made me quite pissed, but I don't want to poison that post so replying here

I have heard this claim "many doing 24/7 hunting" so often...
imho this claim is so wrong, comparable to rednecks ignoring statistics and saying the guns are making them safe
Note to the OP I turned off as soon as I came to that comment.
As I understand the origin of redneck was a derogatory term by the Boers in South Africa about the English "rooinek" because they not used to the climate there, their necks were sunburnt.
I gather that its used in the US to refer to farmers - still a derogatory term to refer to white people, low IQ uneducated, bigoted etc.
Now if I started making comments about niggers & mud people, I would be rightly condemned for using "hate speech"
just like you are doing girtsn - you want people to listen to you, drop the purple prose.

And for those players who talk about playing EU 8 hours + a day :( something for you

KIDS-STAT-WORLD-721x0-c-default.png

Over the past 15 years, 100% of suicides in north america (excluding Mexico and Canada) were committed in the united states....... o.0

mind boggling isnt it?
Can you imagine 100% ?!?!??!?!

91% of all deaths of children 0-14years in wealthy countries was by guns?
bullshit for fake news & statistics.

What countries are those? You are not including Syria & Iraq etc in those statistics?

What countries are those? You are not including Syria & Iraq etc in those statistics?

Ofc not. They aren't wealthy. Nor is any other country but the US based on whatever stupid stat this came from... which was the point I was making when he threw up this bullshit.

Also stats without citations should always be disregarded. Also a quick comment.. the shoes are often associated with the r**e trees found in the southern border of the US where illegals (the more nefarious variety) and drug cartels are taking up shop. If you've ever been, you'd know what I'm talking about.

But before we get too far on this subject and all since girts decided to throw red meat into the crowd, maybe time to lock?

reading is hard I know
that's not what the picture said

if children were killed by guns @ the age 0-14 91% was in the US

see the difference so no fake news you just gotta read it better

reading is hard I know

LOL that's not what it said either. You missed the caveat, often used in manipulated stats, that makes this junk fool people.

Try again.

I'll give you a hint: Narfi is warm.

reading is hard I know

What a snarky passive/aggressive post - So I just gotta read it better.

You are right snowflake I could have read it better, but I did not I was irritated by the fake set up to prove a fake point. I walked into that bit of propaganda but from the wrong side.

What countries are being compared to the evil US of A? And as has been said before, there is nothing like pictures of little feet to get people to think with their emotions rather than their brains.

I like arguments but not B/S and propaganda.

And this is off the main topic I know - but I have no doubt that players are pushing the rules & even beyond them hunting 24/7 - how many, I neither know nor particularly care - its way above my level anyway, nothing I can do about it

About 100 children (aged 0–14) are accidentally shot and killed annually in the United States.
About 35,000 people (all ages) are killed in traffic accidents. I don't know how many of these are children between 0--14 but I suppose this number is way higher than 100.

Now, we can look at this and say Even one child killed by a gun is too much because cars are necessary in the modern society--but guns are not.

And there's the problem! Are guns unnecessary in the modern society? That's where it gets tricky real fast...
US Constitution says
people have the right to keep and bear Arms for a specific reason. Do you know what that is? It's supposed to work as a stop-gap measure against tyranny, an authoritarian regime like Communism or Fascism.

Americans don't really have any experience with those (I mean, except the soldiers who were fighting in WW2). We have to ask Europeans, like girtsn, to find out what those really were. How many millions were killed by Fascism? How many by Communism? How many of those were innocent civilians killed in peace time? How many were killed in a war between them? How many of those were children? Was it too much or too little?

Those are hard questions. We hate hard questions... It's easier to keep virtue-signaling about how much you care about children in general than talk (or even think) about the cost of freedom, what it takes to defend it.

In pure reference to the statement in the picture...

Ignoring the fact whether the statement is true or not, here's my understanding as to what the statement was claiming.

Basically, someone took a survey...of the number of people who died to guns...in a list of countries which were deemed "wealthy". God knows how they deemed a country as "wealthy" or not...but anyway...

From there, they narrowed it down specifically to "children of ages 0 - 14"....and found that 91% of them died in the US.

If you've looked purely at the "91%", it will seem very "shocking/alarming" indeed. However, one has to know the raw numbers as well to see the overall picture.

In the end, this just means that...if you apply "enough" conditions to it...statistics can often be "manipulated" in ANY way to "fit" your purpose. :laugh:

Last edited:
I think it means that the US and a few other countries were the only ones rich enough for all the kids to be able to afford guns.

:locked:

Me thinks this thread is about buying rich kids in Syria & Iraq whom can create abnormally hot debates.
#amireich?
Me also think approximately 91% of the population of PCF agrees[1] with me.

References:
[1]Holmes, I. T. (2017, April 1). How to be a normal PCF contributor. Retrieved from myahole.com

it's coming --- :locked:

We lack any hard evidence that heavy gun control/background checks will reduce gun violence. However, it's an indisputable fact that it will make it harder for the lower class / average citizens to arm themselves.

Gun violence in the US boils down to a mix of gang culture, poor mental health and ineffective policing.

Yes children have died. Which means we should work harder to teach proper gun safety, not repeal the 2nd amendment.

Once you get past statistical manipulation and dubious correlations, you'll see that ultra-strict gun control has not been proven effective in curbing gun violence anywhere in the world.

Crime in America continues to trend toward historic lows, we're doing just fine. I wish the rest of the world would stop worrying so much :dunce:

Reactions: Mac
I think it means that the US and a few other countries were the only ones rich enough for all the kids to be able to afford guns.
C'mon no kid can "afford a gun" in USA. Doesn't matter if you are "rich enough", can't buy it anyway.
Then again, in Sub-Saharan Africa there's several countries where 14 year old boys can actually have their own AK-74 and everybody thinks that's all nice and dandy. I'm not sure if words like "can afford" or "rich enough" apply there thou... :smoke:

it's coming --- :locked:

You're right.

Conspiracy theorists would think there is a reason to get the thread offtopic and locked. :whistle:

(ok I didn't help with the Robocop clip I admit)

Part of me wants to post that video of Piers Morgan getting yelled at by Alex Jones.. LOL.. Why did we have to bring guns into this discussion!

Part of me wants to post that video of Piers Morgan getting yelled at by Alex Jones.. LOL.. Why did we have to bring guns into this discussion!

Which part?

Oh and USA, can you have him back, he is back on British morning TV now? :(

Oh and USA, can you have him back, he is back on British morning TV now? :(

We'll lock up Alex Jones in a zoo somewhere, but only when Piers stops telling us how badly we need to ban guns :ahh:

The first 60 seconds :laugh::laugh:

Please lock this thread.
Starting the post with mentioning rednecks, gun statistics and my ignorant opinion on USA politics was a sure way to get the thread in this state :)
Blame it on me, Brexit, Trump, poor returns and skull for bumping the thread some months later :)
The point was just to say that saying there are many avatars doing 24/7 hunting is just not true, there are a select few that go over 10/7 longterm.

Please lock this thread.
Starting the post with mentioning rednecks, gun statistics and my ignorant opinion on USA politics was a sure way to get the thread in this state :)
Blame it on me .

Well I certainly do, and I am sure Hillary also had second thoughts after she expressed a similar opinion of the US citizens who voted for Donald Trump.

And, on a separate matter I am so glad that I don't live in the Netherlands, or Germany, or Sweden, or maybe France.
As one of our Prime Ministers once said, we will have boundless compassion for refugees, but we and only we will have control of our borders

Status
Back