Question: Many avatars doing 24/7 hunting

Status
Back on topic...

The longest I've been online is 28 hours but that was repairing on a MS. The longest I've actually hunted was 12 hours. Who cares how long someone plays?

And, on a separate matter I am so glad that I don't live in the Netherlands, or Germany, or Sweden, or maybe France.
As one of our Prime Ministers once said, we will have boundless compassion for refugees, but we and only we will have control of our borders

Well as the thread is already offtopic:

The refugees in europe union is less a problem than politics and media make out of it.

Bordercontrol is overvalued.

I like to be free to travel anywhere in europe without anoying bordercontrols.

CountryDeaths per 100kGuns per 100Deaths per gun
Honduras67.186.210.83
Swaziland37.166.45.80
Venezuela59.1310.75.52
Colombia25.945.94.39
Jamaica30.728.13.79
Peru5.5318.80.294
Netherlands0.583.90.148
USA10.54112.60.093
Switzerland3.0845.70.067
United Kingdom0.236.60.034

Last edited:
Until it is locked then.
My opinion of certain things being very wrong about USA (egomaniac idiot Trump and the idiots voting for him being the last one in the list) remains unchanged. The travel bans and the wall this bunch of idiots are trying to introduce is a clear indicator of how idiotic they are.
Same going for not introducing more control on who can or cannot own a gun.
Glad I don't live in a country run by a delusional wannabe dictator (only much dumber than the average dictator out there).
Well I certainly do, and I am sure Hillary also had second thoughts after she expressed a similar opinion of the US citizens who voted for Donald Trump. And, on a separate matter I am so glad that I don't live in the Netherlands, or Germany, or Sweden, or maybe France. As one of our Prime Ministers once said, we will have boundless compassion for refugees, but we and only we will have control of our borders

Ow I am not running anywhere, the only reason for a lock request is that this is a necro going way offtopic.
Stand by my political views, and I don't consider the word "redneck" offensive in anyway was just a reference to a typical gun owner that should not be allowed to own one.
You are the one who derailed this thread and when others disagree, you run away crying: "Lock it, lock it immediately, I can't take it any more!" That's kinda funny, isn't it?

Some care a lot, they were the reason this thread was created. They think the long hour players are stealing all their loot. And they have made this common myth that there are a lot of 24/7 players out there.
Which is quite opposite to what actually happens
0. there are very little to none actual ava's doing even close to 24/7 as in the starting thread
1. the best loot is given to the avatars returning after long breaks and ones switching mobs all the time, not grinders
2. wave abusers also don't spend a lot of time doing it

the only ones these days that can actually justifiably grind and win are Easter ring owners and EST exploiters (as well as other types of exploiters)
Who cares how long someone plays?

Very interesting data and you can make surprising conclusions from it.
It seems the death rate goes up as the number of guns increases--until it reaches a certain saturation point. From this point upwards added guns don't increase death rate, they may very well even decrease it.

This is not some stupid ideology, it's just cold numbers. Have a look for yourself, this table is sorted by last column:

CountryDeaths per 100kGuns per 100Deaths per gun*
Honduras67.186.210.83
Swaziland37.166.45.80
Venezuela59.1310.75.52
Colombia25.945.94.39
Jamaica30.728.13.79
Peru5.5318.80.294
Netherlands0.583.90.148
USA10.54112.60.093
Switzerland3.0845.70.067

Another takeaway truth is what we already know--deaths from firearms are strongly related to the overall level of organized crime or law and order. This factor clearly overrides any other factors, including how many guns are in circulation.

* relative value, can't take it literally (each gun in Honduras doesn't kill 10 people every year).

Last edited:
so what people hunt 24/7? is there a rule against it?

I come to office 7-8 am and turn the game on. I leave at 8-10pm, I turn it off. Sometimes I put 10000 clicks on something to craft, so it's ready for morning. Sometimes I come in the morning and game is still clicking, I do my another 7-8am to 8-10 pm.

Sometimes I do allnighters, due to my work and project deadlines, having game online 36-48 hours.

Do I break any rules? Stop crying for fuck sake. If everything was perfect, we had no bugs and everyone would HOF all they long, there would be still some avatars with sand in their vagina, so they can cry about something. About the sand, maybe?!

so what people hunt 24/7? is there a rule against it?

I come to office 7-8 am and turn the game on. I leave at 8-10pm, I turn it off. Sometimes I put 10000 clicks on something to craft, so it's ready for morning. Sometimes I come in the morning and game is still clicking, I do my another 7-8am to 8-10 pm.

Sometimes I do allnighters, due to my work and project deadlines, having game online 36-48 hours.

Do I break any rules? Stop crying for fuck sake. If everything was perfect, we had no bugs and everyone would HOF all they long, there would be still some avatars with sand in their vagina, so they can cry about something. About the sand, maybe?!

There's nothing wrong with people hunting 24/7. The OP made this thread back in 2016 to prove his point that there wasn't "that many people" playing 24/7 as was previously claimed by certain quarters. (If I'm not wrong.)

It eventually got derailed to talking about guns and stuff though...

the only ones these days that can actually justifiably grind and win are Easter ring owners and EST exploiters (as well as other types of exploiters)

Using EST is not an exploit, if it was MA would remove it from the game.

Using EST is not an exploit, if it was MA would remove it from the game.

Yea right that is why it was removed from the combat token trader. They just don't care enough to do it properly.
2017-01-22 18:22 Entropia Universe Support:
Hi Smilgs,
Thank you for contacting us.
We are aware of the issues surrounding the Earth Shock Armor.
Unfortunately we do not talk or address any potential future releases or content-changes.
Thank you for understanding.

Really? Read the first post...
Honestly, did you just read the title and went on to replying? What the hell is wrong with people.

Yea right that is why it was removed from the combat token trader. They just don't care enough to do it properly.

isnt the numbers with mod viceroy even better than EST?

according to entropedia the DPP is higher with MOD viceroy vs with EST (maybe that calc is wrong?)

isnt the numbers with mod viceroy even better than EST?

according to entropedia the DPP is higher with MOD viceroy vs with EST (maybe that calc is wrong?)

Calc is wrong. Mod viceroy is roughly half the benefit of est.

Calc is wrong. Mod viceroy is roughly half the benefit of est.

Ive said this before, it depends what else ypu wear. For me mod viceroy gives more then EST since I allready have high crits......

Its the fun of stacking buffs, its dynamic ;)

To be fair they can quite easily change the ring stats so that if you are using est armor it will either not accept the stack or simply the ring will decay like f**k. If my memory serves me they still have the "we reserve right to add decay in the future on description" ? i know its on the l rings what about the super ul rings?.

This would really be only the fair way of doing it tbh. when they as you said care sorting it.

That's pure speculation - EST being an exploit - we don't know why Mindark removed it from the broker. My own opinion is Mindark probably viewed it as unbalanced once they had introduced rings and buff stacking. Just like they stop dropping scopes at merry mayhem and lifesteal capes at halloween mayhem for a similar balancing issue.

That's pure speculation - EST being an exploit - we don't know why Mindark removed it from the broker. My own opinion is Mindark probably viewed it as unbalanced once they had introduced rings and buff stacking. Just like they stop dropping scopes at merry mayhem and lifesteal capes at halloween mayhem for a similar balancing issue.

doh. ok i will quote it again as in the original quote...

2017-01-22 18:22 Entropia Universe Support:
Hi Smilgs,
Thank you for contacting us.
We are aware of the issues surrounding the Earth Shock Armor.
Unfortunately we do not talk or address any potential future releases or content-changes.
Thank you for understanding.

doh. ok i will quote it again as in the original quote...

I'd need to view the whole support case. But, that reply you have quoted does not state they believe the armor is an exploit, just that it has balancing issues, as I stated before.

I'd need to view the whole support case. But, that reply you have quoted does not state they believe the armor is an exploit, just that it has balancing issues, as I stated before.

That it is an exploit is some players opinion, never MAs opinion.

That it is unbalanced, well think MA noticed it, and therefor removed it.

Using an existing item as intended is not an exploit.

I know what practice with EST could be seen as an exploit:

A team with a blocker and shooters with EST armor that never get hit, that could be seen as an exploit.

Really? Read the first post...
Honestly, did you just read the title and went on to replying? What the hell is wrong with people.

read my post :p

Ive said this before, it depends what else ypu wear. For me mod viceroy gives more then EST since I allready have high crits......

Its the fun of stacking buffs, its dynamic ;)

I will edit my reply seemingly since you mixed terms. I'll need to look at calls again but one on entropedia in not correct if what the other chap said is true.

Last edited:
I mean it shouldn't be too hard to calculate, I'm a bit fuzzy from the siesta but we can try together.

Let's suppose you shoot 100 times, max damage is 10. Decay doesn't change so instead of eco we can look at total damage done to simplify things a bit. Let's also ignore the fact that you don't always hit for max damage, and that your target evades 10% of the shots.

- Regular shots + (crit shots * crit damage) = total damage
- Base crit chance is 2%
- Base crit damage is 200%

Code:
[B]With EST (+60% Crit damage):[/B]
(98 * 10) + ( ([B]2[/B]*10) * ([B]260[/B]/100) ) = 980 + 52 = 1032 damage

[B]With mod vice (+1% Crit chance):[/B]
(97 * 10) + ( ([B]3[/B]*10) * ([B]200[/B]/100) ) = 970 + 60 = 1030 damage

So EST is more eco than mod viceroy, but what's the ratio. Well we can calculate the +% damage required to land 1030 damage like the viceroy did.

Code:
(2 * 10) * ( (200 + x)  / 100) = 50
(200 + x) = 50 * 100 / 20
x = 50

So 50% crit damage equals to 1% crit chance, does that make any sense? Which means EST and Mod Viceroy are almost the same, very very close with EST being a tiny bit better eco-wise.

Unless I didn't understand the question and messed up the whole thing, which is totally possible. Was fun tho :)

On the other hand, probably the whole thing about EST is to stack buffs like Linzey said.

Last edited:
Linzey is correct, it depends.

I mean it shouldn't be too hard to calculate, I'm a bit fuzzy from the siesta but we can try together.

Let's suppose you shoot 100 times, max damage is 10. Decay doesn't change so instead of eco we can look at total damage done to simplify things a bit. Let's also ignore the fact that you don't always hit for max damage, and that your target evades 10% of the shots.

- Regular shots + (crit shots * crit damage) = total damage
- Base crit chance is 2%
- Base crit damage is 200%

Code:
[B]With EST (+60% Crit damage):[/B]
(98 * 10) + ( ([B]2[/B]*10) * ([B]260[/B]/100) ) = 980 + 52 = 1032 damage

[B]With mod vice (+1% Crit chance):[/B]
(97 * 10) + ( ([B]3[/B]*10) * ([B]200[/B]/100) ) = 970 + 60 = 1030 damage

So EST is more eco than mod viceroy, but what's the ratio. Well we can calculate the +% damage required to land 1030 damage like the viceroy did.

Code:
(2 * 10) * ( (200 + x)  / 100) = 50
(200 + x) = 50 * 100 / 20
x = 50

So 50% crit damage equals to 1% crit chance, does that make any sense? Which means EST and Mod Viceroy are almost the same, very very close with EST being a tiny bit better eco-wise.

Unless I didn't understand the question and messed up the whole thing, which is totally possible. Was fun tho :)

On the other hand, probably the whole thing about EST is to stack buffs like Linzey said.

problem is its not that simple. there are not many items who increase the crit dmg by that much but there are lots of items which increase crit chance. so with adding crit chance from other items the EST crit dmg bonus gets a LOT better than the crit chance on the mod viceroy.

Stand by my political views, and I don't consider the word "redneck" offensive in anyway was just a reference to a typical gun owner that should not be allowed to own one.
Perhaps consider not mixing firearms ownership with some arbitrary, unrelated, derogatory hate-based terminology.

And here's some dictionary definitions:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/redneck
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/redneck
http://www.yourdictionary.com/redneck
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck
BTW disparaging and derogatory mean: they's is dissin' you!

CountryDeaths per 100kGuns per 100Deaths per gun
Honduras67.186.210.83
Swaziland37.166.45.80
Venezuela59.1310.75.52
Colombia25.945.94.39
Jamaica30.728.13.79
Peru5.5318.80.294
Netherlands0.583.90.148
USA10.54112.60.093
Switzerland3.0845.70.067

TY for those numbers.
Clearly the people in Honduras are highly experienced with firearms and can defend themselves with ease.
However it appears the United Kingdom would be easy to invade! :eyecrazy: :tongue2:

moderator.jpg

Daycare center is closed for today chilldren.

Status
Back