Calculation Woes, Need Help

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
First:

I'm having a tough time finding correct information on how stats should be calculated.

Entropedia has this post with formulas: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Page.aspx?page=ChartTalk:Weapon

However, that does not appear to be what they actually use, I'm guessing it's legacy info that was never updated.

This person also has a tool: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?278325-Spreadsheets-for-Entropia

which produces different results, so is obviously using different calculations.

Is there some resource that has current up-to-date formulas? Does anyone know which one is accurate?

Second:

Is this a bug?

calc.jpg

Notice on the Attacks it is 51 x 98.3%. The tooltip says the 98.3% is the "Hit profession effect". Why would this be less than 100% if the weapon is maxed? It only goes up to 100% if I use 26 for the profession level. Does anybody know how this is calculated? I haven't found a formula anywhere.

Second:

Is this a bug?

calc.jpg

Notice on the Attacks it is 51 x 98.3%. The tooltip says the 98.3% is the "Hit profession effect". Why would this be less than 100% if the weapon is maxed? It only goes up to 100% if I use 26 for the profession level. Does anybody know how this is calculated? I haven't found a formula anywhere.

If you look at actual weapons in game, you'll see exactly same. When a gun reaches HA 10/10, it will indeed have full dmg and dpp by then, but the attack rate will be a bit less for a level or a bit less after it's maxed and (the best part) the SIB is still present.

PS: On the first part - unlike the tables and weapon compare tool, the items' pages use not effective but the average dmg, simply (max+min)/2. MA uses it too in their announcements.

If you look at actual weapons in game, you'll see exactly same. When a gun reaches HA 10/10, it will indeed have full dmg and dpp by then, but the attack rate will be a bit less for a level or a bit less after it's maxed and (the best part) the SIB is still present.

Interesting, thanks.

Back