Half mobs

Eleni

Guardian
Hello PCF,

I am having an awkward issue since end of september and would like some advices.

I spend most of my time on Toulan so i thought it was Toulan related, but i now have the case on Calypso and it happened aswell on Ark or Cyrene, cant remember the mob.

It seems to affect certain mobs only,

-Jeefs for Toulan (mobs and NPCs)
-Malecruentor, Atrox for Calypso (no NPC spotted)

Toulan thread i made back in September where you can see a video of how the mob turn bugged.

attachment.php

The problem is not really the graphic issue, i wouldnt mind, but it is absolutly impossible to click the mob, or attack it, and only can select it with "next target" but the attack point is never been found with auto use so its abosutly impossible to interact with the mob, and this situation leads to a forced suicide or death if on a stress run.

I wonder if you guys already had this or if im an isolated case and my game or my PC is broken.

Thank yous,
E~

allo_with_no_body.jpg

Must be at least 4 years since I last saw this bug, but once upon a time it was pretty common.

Not experienced it lately though.

I'll just blame Windows 10 for it. :naughty:

Tried changing your graphic settings ? What are your PC specs ? And what system ?
It seems like graphic card related bug, maybe updating drivers would help too.

Tried changing your graphic settings ? What are your PC specs ? And what system ?
It seems like graphic card related bug, maybe updating drivers would help too.

Hello :)

We tryied back in september to lower settings, updated drivers, and it kept happening.
Toulan team tryied to recreate the problem apparently without success.

I took the list on internet of what is inside the PC=

Technical Details
Brand Vibox
Item Weight 10 Kg
Product Dimensions 51.5 x 19 x 44 cm
Item model number 00448
Color Vibox Neon Green (PC Only)
Processor Brand AMD
Processor Type Athlon 64 FX
Processor Speed 4.2 GHz
Processor Socket SocketAM3+
Processor Count 8
RAM Size 16 GB
Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive Size 2000 GB
Hard Disk Technology HDD 7200 rpm
Hard Drive Interface Serial ATA-300
Additional Drives DVD/CD-RW
Graphics Coprocessor Nvidia
Graphics Card Description Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 2GB advanced dedicated graphics card
Graphics RAM Type DDR3 SDRAM
Graphics Card Ram Size 1910 MB
Graphics Card Interface PCI-E
Optical Drive Type DVD/CD
Power Source AC
Hardware Platform PC
Operating System DOS

And we have windows 7 installed.

I've never been an nVidia user, but I'd try downloading the latest graphic drivers, uninstalling your current ones, rebooting then installing what you downloaded.

Might work, might be something else. :)

PS: Congratulations on staying Win7 rather than using the dog egg that Win 10 is.

I've never been an nVidia user, but I'd try downloading the latest graphic drivers, uninstalling your current ones, rebooting then installing what you downloaded.

Might work, might be something else. :)

PS: Congratulations on staying Win7 rather than using the dog egg that Win 10 is.

Yes i did this back in september on advices from a friends but it didnt change, i will try to do again now :)

I dont know much on computers but people adviced on windows 7 when i was looking into buying the PC, so far it works ok :)

allo_with_no_body.jpg

Must be at least 4 years since I last saw this bug, but once upon a time it was pretty common.

Not experienced it lately though.

I'll just blame Windows 10 for it. :naughty:

Just saw this one reply, im glad im not alone yay!

So well, whatever it is, it is back :D

pull out the health bar and aim at that.

Does that really fix the graphics bug?

No? So stop trying to be a smart ass. I'll say what my grandma always said, if you have nothing of good value to say, shut the fuck up.

Last edited:
Right impossible for me to hunt Atrox still

attachment.php

Would that help if i totally uninstall the game and re-install??

attachment.php

I think its more a matter of completely uninstalling the graphics drivers and reinstalling them but you've already tried that.

Are you due a new graphics card at all? Bit drastic to solve a graphic bug but it might work. :dunno:

attachment.php

Interesting bug. I have had it on and off for years.

Sometimes the health bar cannot be pulled.

2 alternates are to then use a cannon or log off an back on quickly and the mob is usually whole when you log back on.

A third alternative is to tp away if you can and then back then usually makes the mob whole.

You can always jump in and aircraft then TP back.

All with problems if you cannot tp from being attacked or spawn an aircraft on uneven terrain.

Not sure how much of this is related to a computer set up or a problem with the entropia program as I have tried reloading and use different computers and graphic cards.

All I do know it is a pain sometimes.

PS. I have always noticed the moment the mob dies the whole form comes back which may indicate a program problem or could just be from the graphic side as it is not active and using less rezzing graphic power

Interesting bug. I have had it on and off for years.

Sometimes the health bar cannot be pulled.

2 alternates are to then use a cannon or log off an back on quickly and the mob is usually whole when you log back on.

A third alternative is to tp away if you can and then back then usually makes the mob whole.

You can always jump in and aircraft then TP back.

All with problems if you cannot tp from being attacked or spawn an aircraft on uneven terrain.

Not sure how much of this is related to a computer set up or a problem with the entropia program as I have tried reloading and use different computers and graphic cards.

All I do know it is a pain sometimes.

PS. I have always noticed the moment the mob dies the whole form comes back which may indicate a program problem or could just be from the graphic side as it is not active and using less rezzing graphic power

You are absolutly correct here,

Here in this video i made on Toulan at 2.25 you can see that the mobs loses their body when they "lock" on me to decide to attacke me

On TOulan there is no vehicule allowed so this option is excluded.

TP chip while under attack is excluded also.

Relogging works, but we stay 1 min under attack while we are relogging which is plenty time to die.

Dragging the HP bar is no solution, i can select a corrupted mob with "next target" in most case (sometime cant even) but the mob itself cannot be attacked, my avatar eithe walk to it and stand trying to "find" the mob, for look in the air.

Putting all the graphic in LOW and relogging didnt solve anything either.

When i die then as the easiest solution is the suicide, the mob recover its body instantly (see end of the video above).

It seems that the error is in the game, as its when the mob "locks" on me that everything starts.

Now that Durakjung , you comfirmed trying on many machines and it still occurs, i really believe its a issue in-game.

Really annoying as its permanent on the affected mobs.

I think its more a matter of completely uninstalling the graphics drivers and reinstalling them but you've already tried that.

Are you due a new graphics card at all? Bit drastic to solve a graphic bug but it might work. :dunno:

I didnt plan to buy another part for my PC, its only 1.5 year old and we really bought a "big" one to be out of troubles.

I really only getting started on playing games on PCs, so i really dunno what can cause those things, but as the bug is "known" i would like to be sure it is not a "ingame" problem.

It seems that the error is in the game, as its when the mob "locks" on me that everything starts.

I'd have agreed with you if more people currently encounter this bug. I haven't for years but then I'm on a totally new PC since the picture I uploaded (and a different operating system)

What I do know is how frustrating these things are but my only advice would be keep updating drivers and things (maybe there are newer drivers for your motherboard, bios updates (although do that at your own risk) things like that.

Something will sort it.

I'd have agreed with you if more people currently encounter this bug. I haven't for years but then I'm on a totally new PC since the picture I uploaded (and a different operating system)

What I do know is how frustrating these things are but my only advice would be keep updating drivers and things (maybe there are newer drivers for your motherboard, bios updates (although do that at your own risk) things like that.

Something will sort it.

RIght, i might try to get the PC looked by someone yes, I started really having troubles since MA did the magic Graphic patch.

Ill try get someone look into the updates of the components and all, and reinstall the whole game see if it gets better.

Some observations.

• This is a clientside issue. Where I see half mob, Heiko Rat sees a normal mob, and vice versa. (We sit almost shoulder-to-shoulder, so it's easy to peek over :))
  • This was a common thing in ~2014 but still happens now and then.
  • Completely invisible mobs might be related, or not - who knows.
  • On a less serious note, half exarosaur looks funny (just four little legs); half feran, on the other hand... :ahh:

Hi Eleni ! :) You probably play in 64bit . Go in Entropia Client in Tools and change it :)
This will help you! it did to me

Hello PCF,

I am having an awkward issue since end of september and would like some advices.

I spend most of my time on Toulan so i thought it was Toulan related, but i now have the case on Calypso and it happened aswell on Ark or Cyrene, cant remember the mob.

It seems to affect certain mobs only,

-Jeefs for Toulan (mobs and NPCs)
-Malecruentor, Atrox for Calypso (no NPC spotted)

Toulan thread i made back in September where you can see a video of how the mob turn bugged.

attachment.php

The problem is not really the graphic issue, i wouldnt mind, but it is absolutly impossible to click the mob, or attack it, and only can select it with "next target" but the attack point is never been found with auto use so its abosutly impossible to interact with the mob, and this situation leads to a forced suicide or death if on a stress run.

I wonder if you guys already had this or if im an isolated case and my game or my PC is broken.

Thank yous,
E~

Hi Eleni ! :) You probably play in 64bit . Go in Entropia Client in Tools and change it :)
This will help you! it did to me

Hello MacFarmer :)

I just checked and 64-bit thing was already unticked, if this is the option you was thinking about.
I think back in september when i talked with friends about i got suggested to do so, and kept it unticked.

attachment.php

@Haruto, hunting bums have a comic side indeed lol

I really appreciate all the inputs here, thanks to everyone so far :))

Hi.

I have this problem, too. Had for a year or so. Trox are bugged fairly often, as are ambu, feff and allo. Around 5-20 mobs during an hour's hunt. I play in 32-bit with low settings. I can kill all except trox if I aim without locking. Trox are unkillable and a huge nuisance!!

Mobs are sometime whole when I tag them, and then become half. Sometimes they are half from the beginning. They always turn whole when they die.

I tried different graphics settings (but no high settings). I play on a 32-bit system.

As feedback,

Just got that bug, that never happened before, game was likely frozen like this.
Friends definitly think my card is dying.
This consolid what Mega mentioned i guess.

attachment.php

Glad im not alone have the half mobs bug, but yes seems the card in the PC is not happy.

That was last night hunting Feffox.
Those one have such a big arse that i could hit them.

attachment.php

But definitly Atrox, malcruentor and Jeefs are impossible to hunt.
Didnt try Ambulmax tho, not fond of them.

Note that i get a few seconds freeze aswell when im attacking a mob, and another comes accross my aim.

Does it happen in other games too?
I could imagine that the gpu gets to hot and produces therefor those glitches :scratch2:

Never had any troubles in other games no, but definitly seems to be my PC slowly giving up yes...

Never had any troubles in other games no, but definitly seems to be my PC slowly giving up yes...

https://www.3dmark.com/

Some very good free programs there to test your graphics card. That weird screenshot above suggests your graphic card is overheating (fan stopped spinning?) or dying to me.

You can tell us what temperatures it's getting to with the driver software.

Just bit of update here, if it can help other EU players.

Now im back, im trying to get the PC repaired.

Long story short,

-I had a kind EU player, who is a professional in RL, looking into my PC throught distance and found several error and fixed them, so is no more software problem.

-My EU cache has been removed.

-We changed the graphic card for a big good one.

-I still have the 64-bit thing unticked

The problem of the half mob still persist and i cannot play higher than low graphics or my PC shuts down after a bit, problem that i had before too, and started after VU 15.8.5 graphic enhancement.

Now we ordered new stuffs to cool down more the PC, and i also might try totally unistall and re-install EU.

Will update next week,
Be safe, E~

The problem of the half mob still persist and i cannot play higher than low graphics or my PC shuts down after a bit, problem that i had before too, and started after VU 15.8.5 graphic enhancement.

Sounds like something somewhere is overheating. Am guessing it's not the graphics card since you stated that you changed it.

Last time (years ago) when I had similar issue, it was my graphics card which was failing. Since you changed it, not sure what else it could be (CPU maybe?). Good luck getting it all working properly with your new cooling gear.

I'm not sure if this is related to your problem or not but I used to get video artifacting like yours on my AMD 555BE cpu when I had all 4 cores enabled. Once I cut it back to just the 2 cores the processor is certified to be useable with those went away.

Since I didn't see any other specs of your PC I can only speculate that there might be a CPU problem.

I used to have similar problems with artifacts and then system shutdown with an older nvidia card. Everything ran fine until playing EU. The solution i found was actually to underclock the gpu processor. MSI makes a program that will do it even if it isnt MSI branded.

Back