Help: Q for anyone, especially for hunters with TEN weapons

Aris_S

Guardian
Hi everybody!

After posting my selling post in chat about ASI TEN, Lord Igi Downey(Thank you Igi) asked me if I know enhancer break rate for my gun. As I dont use them often and dont pay attention I made a pure guess 1 per slot on 1000 uses. He told to me to test it because he and someone he knows have tested enhancer break rate for Vincent DPS TEN - 1 after 5000 shots(1 per slot as I understand, but more detailed info is required). The idea was that all TEN weapons have pretty low enhancers break rate. BUT EST armor increase break rate by ~70%(no idea about that). Maybe rings with crit buffs also do that?
EDIT: About EST - this also isn't my "evidence", I was told about that and also would like to know what others have experienced.

So I did a test, not a huge one, but pretty big 94547 shots, 5 days. Also big part was done with EntroStats(thank you Smilgs for this tool).

94547 shots ASI TEN+Dante
+Accuracy enhancers on all 7 slots
+Imp Ares
+Thorifoid Bers. Helm

200 enhancers consumed
I 49->23
II 54->26
III 50->27
IV 39->1
V 51->24
VI 48->17
VII 47->20

EntroStats(if it really calculates everything right) shows:
DPP ~3.045
DPS ~79.1

*enhancer price set to 500%
*no other buffs were used during test
*unfortunately because of mistake couple of shots with tagger was done under ASI tab, but that didnt affect DPP and DPS, more like max recorded dmg shows a bit higher than actual gun.

Havn't tested with damage enhancers

Obviously it has something to do with the fact that I sell this gun and the price this, and any other TEN, gun might be worth.

No, I havn't "adjusted" results because of selling this gun and thats why I want as much info/opinions as possible

1) Most important, does anyone who uses TEN gun and have any statistics can comment on this?
2) Is this something that can affect guns price or probably not too much?
3) Is 94k shots enough to get some accurate stats?

Every opinion is welcome and appreciated

Thank you!

Last edited:
I think maybe a bigger test group might help yourself with selling it?
From what I see, your enhancer break rate is pretty high:

94547 shots/200 enhancers = 472.735

So around 1 in every 500 shots if rounding to nearest 100....seems high but then I don't use enhancers so I don't know what the usual break rate is.

Regarding TEN weapons, very much seems so from what I have seen as well, yes.

I think maybe a bigger test group might help yourself with selling it?
From what I see, your enhancer break rate is pretty high:

94547 shots/200 enhancers = 472.735

So around 1 in every 500 shots if rounding to nearest 100....seems high but then I don't use enhancers so I don't know what the usual break rate is.
That's over 7 tiers though. Test shows 200/7 = 28.57 breaks per tier and 94547 / 28.57 = 3309 shots per break. Test is on the small side but it is somewhat in line with what I have seen for other TEN weapons. Never tested or saw test results for Vincent though, 1 in 5k shots sounds very very low, you know the amount of shots he fired in that test?

So far from what I have seen, all non-TEN weapons have landed at or below 2k shots per break.

That EST would affect break rate sounds like an urban legend to me, however.

Regarding TEN weapons, very much seems so from what I have seen as well, yes.

That's over 7 tiers though. Test shows 200/7 = 28.57 breaks per tier and 94547 / 28.57 = 3309 shots per break. Test is on the small side but it is somewhat in line with what I have seen for other TEN weapons. Never tested or saw test results for Vincent though, 1 in 5k shots sounds very very low, you know the amount of shots he fired in that test?

So far from what I have seen, all non-TEN weapons have landed at or below 2k shots per break.

That EST would affect break rate sounds like an urban legend to me, however.

Probably will try from 0 and do maybe 200k, but so far sounds good. Maybe enhancers tend to break a lot faster at the end of stack. 3.04 dpp for this test looks promising if there won't be huge difference in bigger sample.

About Vincent - it's probably overrated and I got confirmation that sample isn't big, but even on not too big sample results sounds more or less good.
As I never knew about that, maybe there are more players who have no idea that MAYBE it is waste to shoot without enhancers. Its too dynamic, so I don't want to make any statement by myself.

i was using enhancers on my Corro 5 TEN and my Kinetic 5 TEN chip and the results were about the same as on any other weapon (UL) ive used so far. enhancers break rate allways was somewhere between 1200 and 1500 shots on average.

i was using enhancers on my Corro 5 TEN and my Kinetic 5 TEN chip and the results were about the same as on any other weapon (UL) ive used so far. enhancers break rate allways was somewhere between 1200 and 1500 shots on average.

Thank you for information :)

(...)
BUT EST armor increase break rate by ~70%(no idea about that). Maybe rings with crit buffs also do that?
(...)

Where you have found about this? From my experience EST does not increase break rate at all. In the past i was using my main gun (spirit TEN mk.II teir 10) with and without EST and break rate was about same.

Before i sold my Arso tier 5 i made 58608 shots with it at tier 5 and had 85 broken accuracy enhancers. Thats aout 3447 shots per slot to break 1 enhaner (689 shots to break 1 with all 5 filled) on average. I was using EST most of the time.

Number seems simlar to your results.

Other guns i have stats on:
SIR-40 Smuggler tier 6 + Dante (accuracy): 299814 shots, 509 accu broken (thats 3534 shtos per 1 break)
Xent Tech Light Rifle X3 tier 2 + A102 (accuracy): 118411 shots, 42 accu broken (thats 5639 shots per 1 break)
Spirit Mk.II TEN tier 10 + Dante (accuracy): 1754016 shots, 5491 accu broken (thats 3194 shots per 1 break)
Spirit Mk.II TEN tier 10 + Dante (damage): 267283 shots, 847 dmg broken (thats 3156 shots per 1 reak)

Notice that nr of shots needed to break on accu and dmg are similar on Spirit.

My personal opinion is: each weapon has its own "hidden" enhancer break rate chance stat. Stat is proportional to "usefulness" (as said in one of Dev posts if i remember) of the item and only way to know it is by shooting and tracking it ;).

@edit
i jsut noticed you postd ASI TEN not ARSO TEN ;). Well info i posted is still usefull i think ;).

@edit2:
... and yes i made over 2 milion shots total with my main gun (58 att/min) - thats over 575 hours of non stop shooting :laugh: :eyecrazy:.

Falagor
:bandit:

Last edited:
Where you have found about this? From my experience EST does not increase break rate at all. In the past i was using my main gun (spirit TEN mk.II teir 10) with and without EST and break rate was about same.

Before i sold my Arso tier 5 i made 58608 shots with it at tier 5 and had 85 broken accuracy enhancers. Thats aout 3447 shots per slot to break 1 enhaner (689 shots to break 1 with all 5 filled) on average. I was using EST most of the time.

Number seems simlar to your results.

Other guns i have stats on:
SIR-40 Smuggler tier 6 + Dante (accuracy): 299814 shots, 509 accu broken (thats 3534 shtos per 1 break)
Xent Tech Light Rifle X3 tier 2 + A102 (accuracy): 118411 shots, 42 accu broken (thats 5639 shots per 1 break)
Spirit Mk.II TEN tier 10 + Dante (accuracy): 1754016 shots, 5491 accu broken (thats 3194 shots per 1 break)
Spirit Mk.II TEN tier 10 + Dante (damage): 267283 shots, 847 dmg broken (thats 3156 shots per 1 reak)

Notice that nr of shots needed to break on accu and dmg are similar on Spirit.

My personal opinion is: each weapon has its own "hidden" enhancer break rate chance stat. Stat is proportional to "usefulness" (as said in one of Dev posts if i remember) of the item and only way to know it is by shooting and tracking it ;).

@edit
i jsut noticed you postd ASI TEN not ARSO TEN ;). Well info i posted is still usefull i think ;).

@edit2:
... and yes i made over 2 milion shots total with my main gun (58 att/min) - thats over 575 hours of non stop shooting :laugh: :eyecrazy:.

Falagor

I agree with the usefulness stat, and I think this hidden "ranking" of items is shown quite well with the tier costs for each item.

My personal opinion is: each weapon has its own "hidden" enhancer break rate chance stat.

Its not really hidden. The tier rate is what controls breaking ime. Aris, an you post the tier numbers for 1-7, I would bet the higher tier rate slots were the ones that broke faster.

Its a trade off, tier rate 100 will break a lot more often than tier rate 50, but good luck getting to tier 10 any time this decade with super low tier rates :laugh:

Last edited:
Its not really hidden. The tier rate is what controls breaking ime. Aio, an you post the tier numbers for 1-7, I would bet the higher tier rate slots were the ones that broke faster.

Its a trade off, tier rate 100 will break a lot more often than tier rate 50, but good luck getting to tier 10 any time this decade with super low tier rates :laugh:

And another forum legend is out in the wild :D
Have anyone noticed that on tuesdays break rate is way more? (Joke)

M83 break rate - 2800 large test
Imk3 - 1200 smallish test
Imk2 - 2200 decently large test.
Soulreamer - 6200 - smallish test

All in all i believe that avg on ANY gun is ~2500

Cheers
Soko

And another forum legend is out in the wild :D
Have anyone noticed that on tuesdays break rate is way more? (Joke)

M83 break rate - 2800 large test
Imk3 - 1200 smallish test
Imk2 - 2200 decently large test.
Soulreamer - 6200 - smallish test

All in all i believe that avg on ANY gun is ~2500

Cheers
Soko

ON TOP of this isnt it fun when this player (ThreadStarter) that has a gun for sale presents some new "evidence" and raises the price of his gun he has for sale :D:D

On the very limit of being Close to a scam IMO......

As I explained in start of the thread, this wasn't my "evidence"(or call it whatever you like). I was asked about this and thats why there is a thread. I never payed attention to such thing nor I posted anything in sales thread.
Raised the price? Did I double it? BO is set as it was when I first posted sale.
I was also hoping for your opinion since you have said that you use enhancers a lot.
Well, thanks, I guess!

ON TOP of this isnt it fun when this player (ThreadStarter) that has a gun for sale presents some new "evidence" and raises the price of his gun he has for sale :D:D

On the very limit of being Close to a scam IMO......

Falagor

Thank you for data :)

Igi mentioned that. Probably I need to edit a bit, otherwise it sounds like a fact or evidence from me. Was also wondering does EST and other buffs really increase break rate.

And what about the effect of attack speed of the weapon ? :scratch2:
For same dps weapon, the lower speedattack the weapon have the higher the breakrate per shot should be ?
In order to have a "constant" breakrate for same %dps provided.

No figures, just a thought.

Thorias

Its not really hidden. The tier rate is what controls breaking ime. Aris, an you post the tier numbers for 1-7, I would bet the higher tier rate slots were the ones that broke faster.

This is not true. Quick example from ingame: i have started with all tiers fileld with 100 accu each some time ago. Here are TIRs vs accu enh left in slot at this very moment ingame on my gun:
(tier): (TIR) vs (accu enh left)
tier 1: 72 vs 41
tier 2: 61 vs 49
tier 3: 127 vs 32
tier 4: 94 vs 29
tier 5: 81 vs 46
tier 6: 127 vs 44
tier 7: 117 vs 50
tier 8: 103 vs 45
tier 9: 134 vs 33
tier 10: 162 vs 53

Now lets calulate "average" TIR and "average" accu enh left:
it is: 107.8 vs 42.2

Now:
- if TIR is lower than average and has higher than average enh left - you are right on particular tier.
- if TIR is higher than average and has higher than average enh left - you are wrong on particular tier.
- if TIR is lower than average and has lower than average enh left - you are wrong on particular tier.
- if TIR is higher than average and has lower than average enh left - you are right on particular tier.

Now once again watch the TIR vs enh left and mark where you are right and where you are wrong:

tier 1: 72 vs 41 (wrong)
tier 2: 61 vs 49 (right)
tier 3: 127 vs 32 (right)
tier 4: 94 vs 29 (wrong)
tier 5: 81 vs 46 (right)
tier 6: 127 vs 44 (wrong)
tier 7: 117 vs 50 (wrong)
tier 8: 103 vs 45 (right)
tier 9: 134 vs 33 (right)
tier 10: 162 vs 53 (wrong)

5 right and 5 wrong ;). So you can clearly see that TIR in this case has actually no effect at all on break rate.

I know it is single case but if it was true it should work in general and the 50/50% right/wrong is not even slightly indicating this might be true.

Falagor

Sure

So in short even if break rate just maybe is better, there is nothing very special about it.
Big thanks to everyone who spent some time and shared opinion :) Maybe anyone will have anything else to add in future.

P.S. "Forum Sherlock", I will set BO back to 15k, go take a look, maybe thats also fun for you.

Call me lazy but I'm not reading all the replies... That said, MA stated in the past the Unlimited weapons in general will break enhancers less often then L. They also said consuption will depend on how much affect they give to the weapon.

My m83 hardly breaks enhancers as it fires slow and is unL.

Arkon

Back