CLD downward price spikes

wizz

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
Every now and then I see a sharp downward price spike on the CLD price.
Today another such situation.
How can such spikes happen?
I see the price has hit near zero ped today.
So someone has sold cld at 0 price.
But what I dont understand, how come the orders are still standing?
If someone "dumps" his CLD, then the orders should go first, right?

What is causing these manipulative down spikes?

If someone were to sell a cld on a planet like next island to his 'friend' for 0 ped - no the order would not catch it, but the average price would drop and suddendly some people could purchase CLD's again for less then what they sold their previous ones...

If someone were to sell a cld on a planet like next island to his 'friend' for 0 ped - no the order would not catch it, but the average price would drop and suddendly some people could purchase CLD's again for less then what they sold their previous ones...

Ah, so manipulators seek an auction without orders to drop the price?

WTB CLD for 1k ped @ boxes

or some poor guy sold a stack of 10 for the price of 1 to a auction order by accident.

or some poor guy sold a stack of 10 for the price of 1 to a auction order by accident.

It doesnt seem like that.
All original auction orders still stand on the calypso auction.

John explenation sounds more realistic.
An extremely low order created on another planets auction (where there arent any running orders).
Then dumping a big stack on that order driving the price down very quickly.

It doesnt seem like that.
All original auction orders still stand on the calypso auction.

John explenation sounds more realistic.
An extremely low order created on another planets auction (where there arent any running orders).
Then dumping a big stack on that order driving the price down very quickly.

No, it's actually what Harmony said.

Most of the low spikes you see are mistakes, mistakes that could be avoided if mindark wanted to. There are fuckups like this happening on a daily basis, CLD, AUD, Compet, Apartment deeds, ship deeds, even sometimes huge chunks of material (oil or minerals) being sold for way below 100% markup.

The remaining spikes are people using the auction system to transfer funds from one account to another.

No, it's actually what Harmony said.

Most of the low spikes you see are mistakes, mistakes that could be avoided if mindark wanted to. There are fuckups like this happening on a daily basis, CLD, AUD, Compet, Apartment deeds, ship deeds, even sometimes huge chunks of material (oil or minerals) being sold for way below 100% markup.

The remaining spikes are people using the auction system to transfer funds from one account to another.

ok, if so, please explain why exsisting (high) orders are untouched :scratch2:

ok, if so, please explain why exsisting (high) orders are untouched :scratch2:

Maybe they can't buy enough, either because the order is too small or because the order has pending bids blocking funds.

Maybe the mistake was made on another planet.

Or most probably, order zombies refresh their orders in minutes or less. That's what they live for.

Another reason on the long list of why we need planet SPECIFIC market information...

Guess the cld manipulators have sold all they have and want to buy again..... hence low ped sales or two to lower buy price again.

I guess this is a fairly simple way of transferring funds/items between planets if you have friends. Hopefully nobody lost out financially by accidental selling so low... Still it is very annoying for the market data and could be seen as or intentionally market manipulation.

Still I would rather see a free market as we do. I have played another game (in the distant past) where items couldn't be physically traded/sold for anything less than 75% of the actual value, which caused a lot of annoyance to a lot of genuine people.

Probably some sort of overhaul of the order system would help and I would really like to see the ability to transfer peds "wirelessly" between accounts maybe regulated via the banks for a small handling fee, also items as well maybe via an ingame post office :D

what goes up...

The CLD price maffia is back.
I guess they want to price down again.
Several "sold-for-zero" spikes again. Trying to push the price down.

They probably sold most of their stock and now want to rebuy at lower prices again.
How obvious can this be?

The CLD price maffia is back.
I guess they want to price down again.
Several "sold-for-zero" spikes again. Trying to push the price down.

They probably sold most of their stock and now want to rebuy at lower prices again.
How obvious can this be?

Isn't "selling for zero" risky regardless of the planet? One mistake and you're down alot...

Every now and then I see a sharp downward price spike on the CLD price.
Today another such situation.
How can such spikes happen?
I see the price has hit near zero ped today.
So someone has sold cld at 0 price.
But what I dont understand, how come the orders are still standing?
If someone "dumps" his CLD, then the orders should go first, right?

What is causing these manipulative down spikes?

If the person behind the 1 ped sale or whatever has highest value order at time he will get the deed back.

Isn't "selling for zero" risky regardless of the planet? One mistake and you're down alot...

it is risky if you would do it on caly.
But on the other "dead" auctions it's easy.

Very unlikely that low price CLD sales are money transfers :D

I have done money transfers, with my sister, and normally used some stackables that are traded in huge amounts.

1 Lyst for 100 PED for example, thats how money transfers work.

Money transfer should give a high peak, not a low peak.

For me it looks like market manipulation (driving price down, to buy cheaper) or as already mentioned, someone did a costly mistake, again.

For me it looks like market manipulation (driving price down, to buy cheaper) or as already mentioned, someone did a costly mistake, again.

No costly mistakes here.
Just manipulation. Downward spikes always follow ater nice rise. And not 1 spike, but always several following eachother.

But this time the demand looks strong. Normally a lot of people get scared after seeing the MU go down so they start panic selling. Which sprials the price further down. But this time the deed owners dont seem to panic. Price stays steady.

Common, really?
Now it's just getting ridiculous with those downward spikes.

I mean, if it happens once you could argue that it's an "accident", but this is just pure manipulation!

Just look at those 1 ped sales, this is just ridiculous. The CLD maffia at its best!

it might also be manipulation by MA. there are lots of items that have simply false MU stats. for example quite a few items show more sales than there ever were with ridicolously low prices as well...

Perhaps many investors who bought CLD for 1k ped each think now is a good time to sell.

It also seem to have reached it's maximum price potential. Unless MindArk release more new plots which are more powerful. But I stil wonder why the (X) version is selling for nearly same price.

Perhaps many investors who bought CLD for 1k ped each think now is a good time to sell.

It also seem to have reached it's maximum price potential. Unless MindArk release more new plots which are more powerful. But I stil wonder why the (X) version is selling for nearly same price.

Because people will just do what others are doing instead of using your brain. People often buy when prices go up and sell when they go down. The smart person does the reverse.

Because people will just do what others are doing instead of using your brain. People often buy when prices go up and sell when they go down. The smart person does the reverse.

Are both CLD deeds versions (X) and clean version, registered under the same markup catorgy?

I can't check at the moment. In space.

That's absolutely no reason for a 1 ped sale spike.
If you think its a good time to sell, you sell for -at least- the outstanding order price. And those are well above 2100 ped and not 1 ped.

Are both CLD deeds versions (X) and clean version, registered under the same markup catorgy?

I can't check at the moment. In space.

Nee, 2 different items

Someone might be using a shopkeeper and a second ava to accomplish such spikes.
It would be a quite cheap way of market manipulation.

Back