State of support in 2016 - an opinion poll

How would you rate your experience with support in 2016?

• 1 - Very poor

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • 2 - Poor

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • 3 - Average

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • 4 - Good

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • 5 - Very good

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

matthew

Elite
Society
freelancer
Sir Matt Copping
Hi all,

I would be interested in knowing peoples overall view of support this year, thinking specifically of your experience with MA support in 2016 so that in future years it might be compared.

I think in general it would be good for MA to survey (and publish) our numerical ratings on a host of topics at the end of each year. Probably they can read our comments here but it is nice to be able to quantify things with numbers (imo anyway), this way different systems can be ranked against each other and areas which are underperforming can be better addressed.

Please vote in the poll and comment if you want, it will be open to the end of the year :). 5 = Very good, 1 = very poor, etc.

Thanks for your time,

Matthew

P.S. I really encourage others to make these types of opinion polls, particularly as we come towards the end of the year, it would be useful to capture the state of the universe from the participants view point for future years to compare against. Numbers are always good :)

Last edited:
They responded to a support case which I put under deposit issue within a couple of hours, and another support case is still pending for a few months without any sort of updates.

I am rating it as poor, as it seems they only interested in following up on deposit issues and the other stuff can just rot.

They responded to a support case which I put under deposit issue within a couple of hours, and another support case is still pending for a few months without any sort of updates.

I am rating it as poor, as it seems they only interested in following up on deposit issues and the other stuff can just rot.

Thanks very much for the constructive feedback.

I voted average because of a similar-ish situation, first support of the year I received a very quick response regarding a bugged bp graphic (although the bug couldn't be resolved at the time) however I have also had cases go unnoticed for sometime even after a bump. I wouldn't expect this as all cases are equally important to me.

I've actually had pretty good experiences from support.

Had no issues with them this year at all.

If you ask me, the support has improved massivly the last couple of years.

Didn't think I would say it, but I am very happy with support. I'm very happy with the game overall...

I usually bother support only with reporting reproducible bugs that I never heard about before, and get response within 3 days.

My experience in 2016 is very good so far as I have had no need to contact support this year.

Absolute garbage. I have support cases opened for weeks sometimes. I was investigating lost armour pieces and it took MA almost a month to respond.

Considering I have unanswered support cases going back to March I would give them as low as possible because they might as well not exist for me atm.

Gold card broke so i made a support case at 23:00 , included photo id and asked to deactivate the card security.
next day at 10:00 in the morning it was done .
dont own any kind of jumpsuit

Quite a few things pushing my buttons with EU. Support is not one of them.

Had 2 cases raised this year.

1 about boxes paid for but not received. Raised Friday night & resolved Monday morning. Fair enough.

2nd one about a crash festival that started just when i was done with my mining run and wanted to go dig up the claims. Kept crashing for about 30 to 40 minutes. Needless to say a dozen or more claims expired. Case raised Saturday night. Sunday, while still grinding my teeth in anger, out mining again. All of a sudden i get all sorts of ores n enmats dropped in my inventory. Was delighted! (Thx btw for that one Ulf!)

So my personal experience with support this year (and also previous years for that matter) is actually pretty good.

The problem is that people continue to have vastly different experiences as it seems, all the way from great to gawdawful. Raising the flag "But I didn't have any problem" doesn't help those who have. If all those with bad experiences or no response at all turning to the forums had totally lost it in their tone, or are actually lying and were blocked for some wrongdoing, I cannot say, but even if so, a no-response is what gets reported to the public and makes for bad reputation. If it affects a player who cannot login at all, it causes financial loss right there on the spot.

support cases being open for years is no surprise here and big issues regarding bugs with login issues, or general bugs costing hundreds of peds just get laid off and answered in a few months. the support is the worst i have ever seen anywhere and ive worked in electronics retail for quite some time. Id say the support here is about as bad as the support of hewlett packard. maybe even a bit worse which is really really hard.

Not necessarily true. I rated support "good," because most of my issues, while not related to deposits, were resolved quickly and painlessly. The unfortunate thing for us as end-users is there is a human element to support. I do support at my job, so I know this all too well. Some issues are strange, and some days you just don't feel like tackling them. I know it shouldn't be that way, and maybe that doesn't excuse unsatisfactory experiences with support. It does happen sometimes, though.

Last edited:
I believe they are heavily understaffed and sometimes must do eye-profiling to pick some case.

Ulf & Hank (iirc) do rock tho (wondering if they are more than two :laugh: )

Nice to read about everyone's different experiences, thanks for the inputs and voting :)

I've had relatively quick response time and feel it has improved tremendously over the years. Not enough to give it a very good, but support times are reasonable.

Very good.

There is a bit of a wait for support cases raised over the weekend, but that's to be expected. Very happy with the quick resolution to my gold card replacement last month. :thumbup:

Personally I voted 5 but technically could be a 4.

For all my account issues (security, deposits etc) they have been very good this year so that's a 5.

Generally when it comes to in-game stuff, policing exploiters, bug fixes, etc they haven't been so great with the responses as they might have been in the past, but we don't know what goes on behind the scenes and I haven't had a bad experience so a 3 here.

Overall, what actually matters is the first thing (security/deposits/account) so a 5 is what they get :)

I voted very good because when I needed, reaction was very fast. All cases I refer to was about deposit and PayPal issues.
I avoid to bother support for less important or minor issues, instead I prefer to make a thread in forums for that reason. I suggest you all to follow that policy and you will see a great improvement in your problems.

(FYI I'm Arkadia account if that matter)

I vote for option: It depends on the topic :)

Ulf is awesome, never had any problems when he was dealing with the case
It does seem like they do a bunch of easy ones then move on to the harder ones but I can't blame them for that I've done the same ?

I have noticed they don't respond to whinny cases so I stopped posting complaints altogether, it just wastes both our time and clogs up the system

It does seem like they do a bunch of easy ones then move on to the harder ones but I can't blame them for that I've done the same ?
Me too. It's similar to a common strategy when taking exams, where you skip difficult questions and come back to them later. It just makes sense. ;)

Back