FYI: Bad Experience from Planet Cyrene

what the problem whit the video its not different from doing pinp ponp still hunting one on each side when the mob goes toward you run away and the other keep shooting when it run back to the shooter the shoooter run away and the other start shooting

This is my point of view as well. Personally, I don't even see the big deal. There will always be people who trap. There will always be different ways to kill things.

Someone just be clear cut. Is it illegal to kite a mob while killing it? (i.e using speed buffs)

I saw the improved BE armor and asked if there was some secret about it because i loved the black color and looks on it and got my atention.
A simple "cant say" would satisfy me, instead, i was told "You can either buy this set or go fuck yourself, the material dont drop anymore, we buy all the boffins too, so either you buy at this price or you wont buy it, your choice"

1 guy that only played to make sets.

Just lol, if there is only one guy make set, maybe there is only one guy who hunt the mob with boffin part !

I spend all my time and ped on Cyrene since i started the game, i invested alot for understand and learn the game. What do you want ?? You want i share all my knowledge, all my time and investment for you ? Just lol, i did all thing by myself because i did'nt found any help especially on Calypso when i started, i only found people who tryed to take my ped and tryed to sell me stuff with a hight price (over price) or buying my loot with a very low market value (i mean under market value). And now you want i share with you what i discover on Cyrene for nothing ?

If you want find some nice thing, just spend ped and time (play) and i 'am sure you will find your way or what you need. Do not count on me for help you to have cheap things, nobody helped me, i won't help, it seems this the way of this game.

Last edited:
I forget to say,

If you think i won't help Cyrene to grow up, like you try to explain to this forum, just read Cyrene forum about bugs, about low quantity of players, about Cyrene market about all i reported for make Cyrene better. I am sure, you should know that if like you say you are a great Cyrene supporter.

About top 50 players, i am #85 atm, i was #9 2 month ago when i was on holliday. Actully i don't have so much time for play, my work and real life catch me. Just ask to Cyrene players if i am not a great Cyrene hunter and ask about my quantity of Globals... But you know best than me, you are the best Cyrene player, i must be wrong...

Onces again thank you for the replies so far
Manique

As I've been out of the game for a while and still keep in touch here and there I can understand how things appear from your view. I suggest if you feel this could be potentially exploitable to just submit a ticket to MA support so they investigate the issue further. In some areas a potential action may seem not as designed but it may just be bugged or intended. For example the beast summons every so often that is working as designed until they correct the issue with the coat as they stated a few years back in forums. We all make mistakes or do things we regret; It's human nature. Before you do something you regret take a step back and rethink about a few things instead of going in guns blazing (Pun intended at 0x101 supply). I'm not saying your wrong or right as this may just be a stupid little confusion that has been stretched so far.

As for sharing knowledge I wouldn't give up details of something I learned on my own as it helps my pockets grow *wink Wink*

-Chief
The first person who ever told me about this "bug" was you if you remember, when you first came back from your break.
About going afk @ 0x1, i'd be lying if i say i didnt, i was afk there like year or 2 ago (Could check exact date), to lvl up my pet, i had to make something to not crash so i autofired a weapon, since peopled talked shit or mob trained when they saw me afk, I used a loud weapon instead, since its not hard to just say it directly.
And seems i was reported for doing this because I was pm'd ingame by a game master asking me if i could at least do it somewhere else, since it aint a banable thing at all, but it was something i could just do if i wanted to respect at least the devs, so I did that and changed area and tool.

This is my point of view as well. Personally, I don't even see the big deal. There will always be people who trap. There will always be different ways to kill things.

Someone just be clear cut. Is it illegal to kite a mob while killing it? (i.e using speed buffs)

Kitting you use buffs given ingame, your own speed as well from agility.
Traping you just use the games flaws to your advantage, thats the diference, at least in my opinion.

Just lol, if there is only one guy make set, maybe there is only one guy who hunt the mob with boffin part !

I spend all my time and ped on Cyrene since i started the game, i invested alot for understand and learn the game. What do you want ?? You want i share all my knowledge, all my time and investment for you ? Just lol, i did all thing by myself because i did'nt found any help especially on Calypso when i started, i only found people who tryed to take my ped and tryed to sell me stuff with a hight price (over price) or buying my loot with a very low market value (i mean under market value). And now you want i share with you what i discover on Cyrene for nothing ?

If you want find some nice thing, just spend ped and time (play) and i 'am sure you will find your way or what you need. Do not count on me for help you to have cheap things, nobody helped me, i won't help, it seems this the way of this game.

I forget to say,

If you think i won't help Cyrene to grow up, like you try to explain to this forum, just read Cyrene forum about bugs, about low quantity of players, about Cyrene market about all i reported for make Cyrene better. I am sure, you should know that if like you say you are a great Cyrene supporter.

About top 50 players, i am #85 atm, i was #9 2 month ago when i was on holliday. Actully i don't have so much time for play, my work and real life catch me. Just ask to Cyrene players if i am not a great Cyrene hunter and ask about my quantity of Globals... But you know best than me, you are the best Cyrene player, i must be wrong...

Good to know your dedication and passion for EU, I once was just as much into EU as you seem to dedicate yourself.
As I said, i do not expect being spoon fed what you guys know, but if you read also, its not the right thing either to be adressed as I was when i asked about the improved BE, as i said also, maybe the guy had a bad day, maybe he didnt, but what he made was make few dislike the atitude of the locals, even Remy himself said the soc (even tho he joined) screwed over each other for info, and then omit it like some stuff he claimed he had on cyrene forum and "magicly appear" (his words, not mine).

About your rank, congratz but however I was being sarcastic, since ranks do not mean anything anymore these days. I could hunt in team without you guys having a clue, I could hunt different mobs with diferent sort of dps and the global rate would also be different, since you mentioned I checked, you do hunt a lot of Dire weeds which tend to global small, but often, and its by the global number that the rank climbs, not the value. However, thats good, shows youre commitment to EU and your time spent, which is nice.
I dont judge others time ingame, each one has their own free time or not or priorities, currently, im not doing much yet at least, but might.

I should not understand what you want say. My english is so bad.
You started with a movie, where you can't see me. You asked my name in 2 different posts, you spoke about top 50... All of that make me confuse.

As i understand, you are on fight with 1 or 2 guys with the Bofin parts and Stolen armor since a long time (Stolen is still not avalaible since March 2015, before i came on this game) and you try to make a bad reputation to all my society and me.
If you have nothing against me why to say my name ?

I know some people are jalouse about my loot, i do all Iron challenge, actually Dire weed, but pan old alpha, nimet and many others before. I did all epic mission, the 215k mob clothes mission. For what ? Check my post on Cyrene about scam from Cyrene team.
When you have tokens for Inside coat, you can't use it
When you have tokens for Outside coat, you can't use it
When you do Tanhok epic mission and you finally claim after 3 month bugs the final reward, you have a useless tool
When you do Zora epic mission chain, you can't kill Lazidol because the Lesser Crystal is not available in loot pool, when you buy a Crystal for kill Lazidol you can't make the final item because the last part was never in loot since many years
etc etc, i can list all thing where you are scammed by Planet Cyren, they scam your time and ped because, if this is not bugged and they don't repair, they don't put items in loot pool.

There is no new content since march 2016 in Cyrene, only 1 bug repaired ! Wat hurt the planet, the economy on Cyrene ? Me ? The guy on the Video ? Or the inactivity from Cyrene staff ?

I hearded i work or have some private infos from Planet Cyrene. Just LOL !

Last edited:
I've been to Cyrene quite a lot, and in fact am there now. Compared to other planets, I'd rate my experience with it as 'above average'.

To get along on Cyrene, one however needs to realize a few simple things.
  • There is no such thing as 'Cyrene community'. There are several factions that sometimes aren't on good terms among themselves, and there aren't many things they all agree on - hence, for example, frequent disputes about usage of trade channels.
  • Even though there are several factions, true 'locals' are few and far between. A common scenario is like this - two visitors get into a fight over something, and then both, thinking the other side is 'local', blames 'locals'.
  • There are lots of things to so on Cyrene. Not surprisingly, people there are the busiest people in the known universe. Therefore, wasting others' time may often be considered a serious offense.

If you keep the above in mind, most people on Cyrene are happy to mind their own business. Suits me just fine.

To get along on Cyrene, one however needs to realize a few simple things.
  • There is no such thing as 'Cyrene community'. There are several factions that sometimes aren't on good terms among themselves, and there aren't many things they all agree on - hence, for example, frequent disputes about usage of trade channels.
  • Even though there are several factions, true 'locals' are few and far between. A common scenario is like this - two visitors get into a fight over something, and then both, thinking the other side is 'local', blames 'locals'.

If you keep the above in mind, most people on Cyrene are happy to mind their own business. Suits me just fine.

cyrene_community.jpg

I received this really strong mental picture from your description there Haruto Rat.

Are you the guy in blue on the far right of the picture? ;)

cyrene_community.jpg

I received this really strong mental picture from your description there Haruto Rat.

Are you the guy in blue on the far right of the picture? ;)

Yeah, but that's a picture of me in space. :laugh:

Cyrene is not THAT wild.

I've been on Cyrene since August and I play daily and it seems the OP strangely had a vastly different experience and it seems (IMHO) based on past social interactions with other players...

Now I didn't bother to write anything in OP's original topic on the Cyrene forum which degraded into profanity, name-calling and general all round hair-pulling cat-fight by several players. The Cyrene mods rightfully removed those posts, locked that thread, and frankly I was surprised no accounts got locked over there.

1. This reposting of the same BS on another forum is simple Trolling.

2. Last time I read the TOU there's a name and shame policy and OP willfully circumvented with video.
So if the OP had anything they would've submitted to MA where real actions can be taken.

3. Pretty sure EULA says by not informing MA of exploits/cheats etc. the OP would face account ban.

4. It appears OP has some personal vendetta and is attempting to make other players experiences within EU less enjoyable and yup that's against EULA too.

That's 4 strikes and it's therefore blatantly obvious the OP is making something out of nothing and throwing a hissyfit with everyone who won't drink the koolaid.

Suggest OP puts up with MA support... or shuts up.

I've been on Cyrene since August and I play daily and it seems the OP strangely had a vastly different experience and it seems (IMHO) based on past social interactions with other players...

Now I didn't bother to write anything in OP's original topic on the Cyrene forum which degraded into profanity, name-calling and general all round hair-pulling cat-fight by several players. The Cyrene mods rightfully removed those posts, locked that thread, and frankly I was surprised no accounts got locked over there.

2. Last time I read the TOU there's a name and shame policy and OP willfully circumvented with video.
So if the OP had anything they would've submitted to MA where real actions can be taken.

3. Pretty sure EULA says by not informing MA of exploits/cheats etc. the OP would face account ban.

4. It appears OP has some personal vendetta and is attempting to make other players experiences within EU less enjoyable and yup that's against EULA too.

That's 4 strikes and it's therefore blatantly obvious the OP is making something out of nothing and throwing a hissyfit with everyone who won't drink the koolaid.

+1 thanks for this post :)

One thing I got out of this thread, I didn't know anything about Cyrene because fuck going to yet another forum, but now I know there are lvl 100 mobs on Cyrene that I can go kill :yay:

One thing I got out of this thread, I didn't know anything about Cyrene because fuck going to yet another forum, but now I know there are lvl 100 mobs on Cyrene that I can go kill :yay:

You cantry the zeladpth omiceon and Rho, should be challenging enough ;)

Wiles and Alpha tideclaw too :D
Try the amazing Flesh ripper, L57 to L69, but huge damage and hit rate ^^

What's the big deal? They trap the mob, mob gets stuck and then they die.

If they like to shoot big HP mobs uneco by all means let them fill the lootpool :yay:

As i understand, you are on fight with 1 or 2 guys with the Bofin parts and Stolen armor since a long time (Stolen is still not avalaible since March 2015, before i came on this game) and you try to make a bad reputation to all my society and me.
No wasnt only cos of that, as i stated many times, it was the whole atitude, and just yesterday as i said, it seems it spreads out on your soc cos i had a guy i never met before from your soc that just came to talk shit in public.

Thanks for the post.
I understand your preference for cyrene however let me go by topics if i may

1. Exploiting is a serious issue that should be reported, since support is slow and that thread, as you said got locked, i figure i brought awareness cos this sort of thing shouldnt be done

2. Supports sadly, at times they go seriously fast, at times they go slower than they'd check forums. PCF being the main forum, i felt the urge to place it here (since i got support cases that go back to may without a reply yet...)

3. You're right, its within the rules not to cheat and inform of the bugs/exploits, but these days it still seems to be the same, people can do whatever they want, as long as they aren't caught or there are enough people doing it, none will get punished, a single target MA can ban, many MA wont, look at boting for example.

4. Not a personal vendetta no, but as you stated above, what was done, was against the rules, thats the only reasoning for me to do this.

It is a free forum so i believe I have the right to share this since it is an exploit, seen as such by some.
However i feel less and less motivated to keep reporting this issues.
Since its a loss of time and at the end, im seen as the bad guy for catching people doing this sort of thing,
I might as well do it since there doesnt seem to be any drawback other than my ethic values of following the rules.

That the spirit :laugh:
What's the big deal? They trap the mob, mob gets stuck and then they die.

If they like to shoot big HP mobs uneco by all means let them fill the lootpool :yay:
The deal is its against rules, just that, doesnt matter if low skill or high skilled, breaching the rules should go the same way for all, unfortunatly, they dont

Thanks for keeping so far this half civilized

To me it seems like they are trapping the mob.

I would care if they had no defense cost, but aslong as they seem to be paying the same decay as a noob wearing perseus with an opalo I dont care.

3. You're right, its within the rules not to cheat and inform of the bugs/exploits, but these days it still seems to be the same, people can do whatever they want, as long as they aren't caught or there are enough people doing it, none will get punished, a single target MA can ban, many MA wont, look at boting for example.
It is a free forum so i believe I have the right to share this since it is an exploit, seen as such by some.
However i feel less and less motivated to keep reporting this issues.
Since its a loss of time and at the end, im seen as the bad guy for catching people doing this sort of thing,
I might as well do it since there doesnt seem to be any drawback other than my ethic values of following the rules.
Welcome to the crowd of the disillusioned do-gooders that have lost inspiration to carry on as Mindark doesn't do a damn thing and actually, in some ways will hinder those that report more so than the actual exploiters...

lots of examples out there sadly... way too many actually...

Hi,
Thank you very much for the detailed information. However, we are unsure of what exactly do you want us to do with it. Please let us know if there’s something we can do to help you.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Last edited:
I kinda like Cyrene despite bug issues that keep arising, although atm am taken up doing other stuff i plan to go there again and clear up a few missions.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience man, but as for exploiters they always been and will always be people who bend the rules. All you can do is report it and leave it to the devs, taking it on as a personal crusade will just make you bitter and angry (yes i do talk from experience) ;).

All the best

Dibs

ps: I do agree with you that exploits are bad for everyone overall like when that guy figured how to have none decaying mining amp. Everyone could see something was terribly wrong, but it took so long for the devs to make a move to stop it. I just wish/hope theat MA and PP's would be more pro-active against exploiting but as i said report and move on man.

Fun this post goes all the way back to 2016 and i been inactive and yet the Cyrene locals rage and -rep me while im away :laugh:

Back