FYI: Bad Experience from Planet Cyrene

Manique

Marauder
Society
In Da Pocket
Paulo Manique Santos
Hello.

In the past I when i visited cyrene with friends, i had unwelcoming experience on cyrene.
The locals are all but friendly, some will be rude and will do all in their power to keep you out of the planet.

Recently i came back to log for some hours at least, spending some time on Cyrene.
Sad to see the planet is still mostly empty because of the local comunity still being the same as it used to be.
In the past it raised me question, how could've they done some of the harder grinds there are on the planet when they had lower gear, and skills than me, not like being resourcefull can help you be efficient.

I mean we're talking to the guys that when i asked about how to make the improved BE parts, they told me to get bent, and either i buy from them or I dont buy it at all cos the parts dont drop anymore, and we found out they still do, but on mobs they werent confortable droping so it was safer to keep lying to all (Boffin upgrade parts if you wonder).

Recently while browsing twitch, something that is kind of a often thing i tend to do, i checked some EU streams as usual, and I saw one of the locals there, kjellings.
And i saw him breaking the rules...

This video clearly shows the non inocent exploiting and possibly they resort to it a whole lot more in the past to get some stuff done.

If it was inocent, if you'd go on past broadcasts of this streamer (twitch.tv/kjellings) you'd see the video there but for some reason on the past broadcasts, it got deleted, this is also the leader of the local soc, Cyreneans.

These guys are also the reason why this planet hasnt developed further, having a non welcoming experience isnt so good, I've had a lot of PM received from mid range players saying they had the exact same experience with the locals, non welcoming and "shady".
So it doesnt take too much to add up, with newplayers they are welcoming perhaps, so they can make 'em buy the stuff they want to sell, but if you step up on the food chain, they will shut all off, fearing they lose the market like they did with the improved BE set.
Its not only once this happen for me to make this conclusion, it happened several times, but for privacy reasons im not going to post names obviously.

Also as you know im not a guy to be shut about this, so i posted on cyrene forum, you can check it here.
Its a bit gutting each time coming back to the game you see new exploiters and new ways to break the game and you try to keep it clean, so obviously, i reported, but support does take its time, by that i mean, doesnt even reply to some 6 month old cases.

However it is just sad the planet devs of Cyrene seem to defend this atitude which, im pretty sure its against the rules, people been banned in the past for doing the exact same, and doesnt set a good example.
The thread got locked cos it started going off track, but if you read it, who really done that to protect themselves?
I tried to politelly present a problem and something that was wrongly done, and I did warn the guy when he was live on twitch, thats how i got the piece of video.

Also there is a case about the Beast ( a mob that spawns @ HUB) that you need to own a coat that is both expensive and time consuming to aquiring depending on how you get it, to have acess to the mob

Interesting thing to notice, was to see one of the locals, Justine, killing this mob over without having the coat, this wasnt even reported by me alone, more witnessed it,

When Kris was inquired about it, he told the person who asked that it would be killable by owning that, so how come the locals get to do what they want on dirty ways?

I do like cyrene as I like most other planets and I want them to prosper,
But a cancerous comunity who will cheap and not set an example will keep the planet empty and not welcoming.

As this case I got more about other stuff.
It is just sad that as I keep putting time to keep the game clean and fair you find more players breaking ToU, and nothing being done, as long as you are "golden flagged" ava in such regard, I dont believe them in loot but it clearly has been seen on these cases.
Otherwise lets face it
Why, with knowledge, MA allows the sale of avatars when it shouldnt be? I could name quite a reasonable ammount of ppl that sold their avatars and high lvl players and all it takes them is a IP trace / Bank account tracking or something of the sort and they can conclude that by themselves.

Alts? Hell i could name an army of them, that are used DAILY to manipulate prices, and clearly is said "you cannot have second avatars for economical advantages.

This however is going off track of the reason i posted this, and can be used for another post some other time.

Thanks for the read,
Hope to see your opinions and if you want to disclose me something in private, feel free to do so, since i keep getting some PM's about these issues.

Forgot to mention
Keep it civilized, its good to have healthy discussions about the state of the game

Last edited:
What's the exploit, Healbot?

my experiences were all very good on cyrene. all were very helpful allways providing me with the information i need and were allways helping out. foul eggs are everythere though

What they are doing in that video is clearly wrong and trapping should be a thing of the past. I don't think they should be banned though, but something has to be done since it allows for a small advantage that isn't due to skills or knowledge.

I am not at the same level as you and I wasn't at cyrene when Imp B.E. was released (I know your post from the forum where you reveal the "secret" of imp B.e.) but I can't say that I share your view of Cyrene. I find most people there helpful and most people aren't exploiting.

"The Beast" that you refering to is bugged, it isnt something thats unknown and exploited by a selected few. It is summonable without that coat.

I really like cyrene, there might be some annoying bugs but if you adapt and do the things that work as intentional you will still be able to grind 24/7 in all different professions.

And as for the devs, I think they are doing a pretty good job. They are active and they try to help whenever possible. For example I reported an obvious botter and that ava got banned.

Hope to see your opinions and if you want to disclose me something in private, feel free to do so, since i keep getting some PM's about these issues.

I think you've turned into a very rude and bitter person over the many years you've played EU.
And with an attitude like yours (in general, not in this post) i'm not surprised a lot of people aren't very friendly towards you.

You weren't in hurry to share the prot divine location, keeping it for your friends. Why others should share their knowledge with you?

Hello.

Interesting thing to notice, was to see one of the locals, Justine, killing this mob over without having the coat, this wasnt even reported by me alone, more witnessed it,

Hello all,

I miss something ??

You try to say i use exploit ?
Explain me when you see me to kill this mob ? I killed it a few in the past but not my fault if the Beast was on the area when i came on The Pit. This is not a secret about when the mob appear without the coat. But if you played on Cyrene and not spended your time in camping near vendor for the UL Ecotron weapon, maybe you can learn how Cyrene work.

Now its very simple, like i said on Cyrene forum, report to MA, if you are right about how i play, they will ban me, if you are wrong, stop to cry and play.

Cheers,
Justine

Edit : About Boffin part, its not a secret, all Cyrene players know what mob loot these parts and newcommer who ask in Cyrene chat have the answer.

I'm relatively new on this game (17months) i am level 65 BLP pistoleer and i use correct gear, mob for Boffin Part are level 27, do math and you can understand how it is easy to kill this mob.

Last edited:
Thanks for the posts so far

What they are doing in that video is clearly wrong and trapping should be a thing of the past. I don't think they should be banned though, but something has to be done since it allows for a small advantage that isn't due to skills or knowledge.

I am not at the same level as you and I wasn't at cyrene when Imp B.E. was released (I know your post from the forum where you reveal the "secret" of imp B.e.) but I can't say that I share your view of Cyrene. I find most people there helpful and most people aren't exploiting.

"The Beast" that you refering to is bugged, it isnt something thats unknown and exploited by a selected few. It is summonable without that coat.

I really like cyrene, there might be some annoying bugs but if you adapt and do the things that work as intentional you will still be able to grind 24/7 in all different professions.

And as for the devs, I think they are doing a pretty good job. They are active and they try to help whenever possible. For example I reported an obvious botter and that ava got banned.
Yea i did that just share with people.
Sadly there's more to add to the list that i just didnt add, else people would use it as tools to exploit other than know it exists and report.

I think you've turned into a very rude and bitter person over the many years you've played EU.
And with an attitude like yours (in general, not in this post) i'm not surprised a lot of people aren't very friendly towards you.
I know you for several years now,
Rude perhaps, because some dont like to read what they should be told at times i believe, bitter, not really, I just dislike to see some ongoing stuff and literally nothing being done when it is just wrong... its a bit sadening, take as example boting too and such... I mean what kind of image passes to the game you also play since your longivity is high? bad...
People will easier come out to attack me than come out in the open to say i shared something good, maybe because they are affraid of being flagged like some have been.
You weren't in hurry to share the prot divine location, keeping it for your friends. Why others should share their knowledge with you?

I wasnt and I told why then, you've seen the griefing in the following weeks, it was clearly to avoid that, since my goal wasnt to make cash out of it since i still have it.

Off the top im not saying they should share, its fine not to, but being total dickheads like they were in the past, yea that shouldnt be done specially when Cyrene (in this case) made a statue, as pioneer, and at the end, it seems they dont respect the people or the planet itself.

Thanks so far for the post, hope to keep a constructive post

Hello all,

I miss something ??

You try to say i use exploit ?
Explain me when you see me to kill this mob ? I killed it a few in the past but not my fault if the Beast was on the area when i came on The Pit. This is not a secret about when the mob appear without the coat. But if you played on Cyrene and not spended your time in camping near vendor for the UL Ecotron weapon, maybe you can learn how Cyrene work.

Now its very simple, like i said on Cyrene forum, report to MA, if you are right about how i play, they will ban me, if you are wrong, stop to cry and play.

Cheers,
Justine

I'll gladly go on a PM instead of turning this into another shitstorm, however your soc mostly, (at least not you yet) have been unwilling to have some civilized talk.
You were spoted killing it. Might not be a secret for you guys but its not ment to work this way, and you know it

This is the problem, you see me attempting to get something you guys so sorelly camp, you go on offensive.
I've been mostly afk there since I havent been hunting much and i tend to mostly do other stuff too, reading, chating, checking markets and other sort of stuff.

I know some of cyrene, not from you sadly, but I learnt some and is the unique kind of mechanisms and ways it has of working that makes it an appealing stop for me, but it hasnt been developing much, which saddens me.

about the report, i reported and got exploiters banned in the past for few days, weeks tops, and no proper punishment, same with botters, even if they re-do it again.
Its more than time for something to be done regarding this i believe, I didnt report you however since I do not hold proof i've seen you, so it'd be a waste of time.

If you think this is crying, you are free to believe so, as it happens i just loved EU but as i kept saying in other posts, stuff as this, when it involves SO much real cash for the comunity it has and this lack of care, its scary and not inviting.

Currently I cannot advise the game to anyone i know irl anymore.
In my city I had a small comunity that played the game consistently, 20-30 ppl.
This day there's very perhaps 2-3 that play it and its not even regularly, the rest just stoped playing cos of their returns (most common) and some how things tend to develop and the better offer out there for their source of fun.

Thanks for your post however, if you seek to talk, Im reachable ingame usually at 0x1, or at the vendor when not doing anything else, but you'd know that, since you've seen me in both places.

my experiences were all very good on cyrene. all were very helpful allways providing me with the information i need and were allways helping out. foul eggs are everythere though

Hello,

Im happy to hear that but im also aware you're friends with the locals (Nothing wrong with that obviously) but i understand your judgement is clouded because of that and unbiased.
However im happy your experience is positive.

Recently i obtained the Coat of the Proving Grounds with which i was supposed to spawn the Beast in the Pit every 2 hours.
But what a surprise, i found that it is not working.

http://www.cyreneforum.com/threads/proving-grounds-coat-of-arms.7408/

Now the question is: how by God i could know the mission does not work.

I contacted the support on Cyrene forum and got a reply i don't need the coat and the Beast will spawn from itself every 2 hours in the Pit. Well, i was in the Pit several days in a row waiting more than 2 hours, no sign of the Beast.

Rumors say some people kill it daily, i don't know, haven't seen them neither i found any details about it.

Cyrene is a great planet with big potential, however some things need to be done, at least about the information which missions are working and which ones not, so the newcomers will not waste their time and finally found it is broken.

To obtain the Coat it requires 550k reward tokens (lime green) which can be gathered/looted from mobs in the Hub or bought for a total of about 1.6k ped.

Regards,
Noor

Last edited:
Reactions: San
The drama starter has never hunted Rhino beetles, or he is trying to hide the fact that this mob has a range of attack(~20m).
So if you stay close enough you get the damage if it aggro on you.
I would make a video to prove it but this will make him happy, and give him motivation to continue poisoning the Cyrene community.

The offender also missed to explain his "polite" attitude towards people on Cyrene.

PS:
If you act like and asshole you don't get any help or information.
Valid for any planet and or society.

The drama starter has never hunted Rhino beetles, or he is trying to hide the fact that this mob has a range of attack(~20m).
So if you stay close enough you get the damage if it aggro on you.
I would make a video to prove it but this will make him happy, and give him motivation to continue poisoning the Cyrene community.

The offender also missed to explain his "polite" attitude towards people on Cyrene.

PS:
If you act like and asshole you don't get any help or information.
Valid for any planet and or society.

Was matter of time till you or someone else more shown up to post
I did hunt them briefly, not the mob im most interested about i must say
They do have some range, but again, the video clearly says by your guys words you are trapping it, not my words, re-see it, and if you are so inocent, why would kjellings delete the broadcast right after he finished that stream? If he done nothing wrong as you guys stated he shouldnt fear.

My atitude was polite at start, ask some of your soc mates, or even if you remember back when the Stolen armor brought a lot of people to check the planet for the first time and for some the 2nd time, I was one of those.
I saw the improved BE armor and asked if there was some secret about it because i loved the black color and looks on it and got my atention.
A simple "cant say" would satisfy me, instead, i was told "You can either buy this set or go fuck yourself, the material dont drop anymore, we buy all the boffins too, so either you buy at this price or you wont buy it, your choice"
Was that a polite entry for someone that asked about it?
Maybe he was having a bad day or not, but past that I didnt want to really think about buying it anymore.
Trust me if I had started on a diferent foot with the cyreans in general, my atitude would also be diferent.
I usually give back what im given, at times in large scales, thats what motivated me then to want to get the armor because i liked it and it seems i ruined the market of that 1 guy that only played to make sets.

Just now when i was afk getting dinner sorted out, one of your "friendly" soc mates came and i saw this on local and it was only me and him so it was obviously directed to me

[Local] [Mr Crighund]: oh and here he is...rudest person on or nice planet!!

Interestingly enough, I dont know the guy at all, never seen him or spoke to him, yet this is how he adresses me.

I never refused to talk in private as i said to justine or take it more civilized but you guys seem to refuse to have some manners about it so you get itchy each time im at the planet?

You guys went even off your ways when i was afk at 0x1 TP to mob train me to get me killed while i was afk :D:laugh:

Last edited:
Recently i obtained the Coat of the Proving Grounds with which i was supposed to spawn the Beast in the Pit every 2 hours.
But what a surprise, i found that it is not working.

http://www.cyreneforum.com/threads/proving-grounds-coat-of-arms.7408/

Now the question is: how by God i could know the mission does not work.

I contacted the support on Cyrene forum and got a reply i don't need the coat and the Beast will spawn from itself every 2 hours in the Pit. Well, i was in the Pit several days in a row waiting more than 2 hours, no sign of the Beast.

Rumors say some people kill it daily, i don't know, haven't seen them neither i found any details about it.

Cyrene is a great planet with big potential, however some things need to be done, at least about the information which missions are working and which ones not, so the newcomers will not waste their time and finally found it is broken.

To obtain the Coat it requires 550k reward tokens (lime green) which can be gathered or bought for a total of about 1.6k ped.

Regards,
Noor

Thanks for the post Noorie, i totally agree with you it is a planet of great potential and why I got to like it so much.
All started when i grinded the badges for the Stolen, and since the dailies didnt take too long, i started looking at other stuff and made me realise how much there is to be seen.
Sadly lacks comunity there and a market, because there's guns and armors in loots at least.

I did hunt them briefly, not the most mob im interested about if i may say
They do have some range, but again, the video clearly says...

How did you found out the mob has a range of attack?
Do you think any of the players in this video are out of mob range?

How did you found out the mob has a range of attack?
Do you think any of the players in this video are out of mob range?

Dont think, they are, else the mob wouldnt go unreachable.
But it always takes a while for it to go, enough time to dps the mob till you have to take agro again to "untrap it"

Kjellings tagged first, you got on way aftewards so he had agro, you could trap it and not take damage, thats what the video shown.

Also kenji did say "Oh kraskos is traping it".
I mean those arent my words there, I wasnt in voice chat then, and i got to make the point once again, if there was inocense in this, why to delete that video specificly?

also i just re read some of the stuff i typed, sorry for some of the typos overall, if i spot them i will correct them, some were just awfull :laugh:

Last edited:
Your statement changed quickly being totally opposite.
Why is that so?
:scratch2:

They got some range, but you guys were past its range, thats what I ment, you dont need to stupidify the whole thing when you know exactly how the mob is, better than me most likelly.

They got some range, but you guys were past its range, thats what I ment, you dont need to stupidify the whole thing when you know exactly how the mob is, better than me most likelly.
How do you know the players are out of range?

How do you know the players are out of range?

see the video, and you should know it afterall, you trapped the mob to make it go "UNREACHABLE"

see the video, and you should know it afterall, you trapped the mob to make it go "UNREACHABLE"
So if the mob goes unreachable how can we benefit from this?
Who is losing in this very moment?
Do you think this mob can be exploited at all?

So if the mob goes unreachable how can we benefit from this?
Who is losing in this very moment?
Do you think this mob can be exploited at all?

Krasko I think what he is trying to explain is that you are exploiting this creature by using another avatar to block it from hitting you while it is aggro'd on you. Since you are the only one shooting the mob, it is mainly trying to get to you but cannot as the other avatar is stopping it. If you were both attacking the mob then it would not be exploiting, but since its just you attacking then it unfortunately you are indeed "trapping" the mob and exploiting.

How can you benefit from this?
This exploit allows you to continue to shoot the mob without it hitting you for an extended period resulting in less decay from armor or healing. Although you still need to go into range and get hit once it goes unreachable, there is an extensive period beforehand where you do not need to and therefore benefit.

MA have already advised previously that this is not how it is intended to work and therefore it is an exploit.
They took steps to try and avoid this happening again by making the mobs go unreachable, however some people have still found ways around this .... such as yourself.
Since you may not have previously known that this is an exploit and now you do know, I would suggest avoiding this technique in future in case some avatars see you doing this and decide to report you to MA for exploiting. You would not want to risk losing your account over something that can be avoided.

Krasko I think what he is trying to explain is that you are exploiting this creature by using another avatar to block it from hitting you while it is aggro'd on you. Since you are the only one shooting the mob, it is mainly trying to get to you but cannot as the other avatar is stopping it. If you were both attacking the mob then it would not be exploiting, but since its just you attacking then it unfortunately you are indeed "trapping" the mob and exploiting.

How can you benefit from this?
This exploit allows you to continue to shoot the mob without it hitting you for an extended period resulting in less decay from armor or healing. Although you still need to go into range and get hit once it goes unreachable, there is an extensive period beforehand where you do not need to and therefore benefit.

MA have already advised previously that this is not how it is intended to work and therefore it is an exploit.
They took steps to try and avoid this happening again by making the mobs go unreachable, however some people have still found ways around this .... such as yourself.
Since you may not have previously known that this is an exploit and now you do know, I would suggest avoiding this technique in future in case some avatars see you doing this and decide to report you to MA for exploiting. You would not want to risk losing your account over something that can be avoided.

He is doing the same he did on cyrene forum, since he really done this and there is no way to prove wrong, he is acting silly, maybe thinking its funny the fact he did it.
If he find it funny great for him, doesnt make it the right thing to be done tho

Thanks for the post Noorie, i totally agree with you it is a planet of great potential and why I got to like it so much.
All started when i grinded the badges for the Stolen, and since the dailies didnt take too long, i started looking at other stuff and made me realise how much there is to be seen.
Sadly lacks comunity there and a market, because there's guns and armors in loots at least.

Tears dropping from my eyes reading about your passion to Cyrene and its potential.
Sadly your entropialife profile says that you haven't made a single global for the whole month you are on the planet.
Your only purpose is to camp the ARC vendors in HUB, and having fun poisoning the community.

Tears dropping from my eyes reading about your passion to Cyrene and its potential.
Sadly your entropialife profile says that you haven't made a single global for the whole month you are on the planet.
Your only purpose is to camp the ARC vendors in HUB, and having fun poisoning the community.

If you care to read above, i havent done much besides chat with people since i been on break and just been around mostly to chat with my friends, but prolly you missed that, also since you check my tracker cos i dont really keep it hidden, you can also seen i havent global in anything else either in any other planet in a while, however on cyrene i got few globals doing dailies but they didnt get tracked because lack of people.

Also, if you care to also check, my tracker prolly has a higher record than 95% of your soc most probably. should they be kicked out for "leeching" too then? how dare they be in a soc with that name and not be top 50! Guess you get the sarcasm.

I check the vendors yes, but how you got your weapon, was it placed on your inventory or you had to be there? Since im here i might aswell try it, im not the only one, you seem to have been one and a sucessfull one and congratulations for that!
And by poisoning the comunity you mean, let people see that you've done something wrong, but however, you want it to be right?

IF you ain't going to be honest, I don't think there's a point for you to "poison" this thread, and if you want, you can still take my offer of chat in personal message or ingame, since you know where to find me

Have fun!
Cheers

Manique

As I've been out of the game for a while and still keep in touch here and there I can understand how things appear from your view. I suggest if you feel this could be potentially exploitable to just submit a ticket to MA support so they investigate the issue further. In some areas a potential action may seem not as designed but it may just be bugged or intended. For example the beast summons every so often that is working as designed until they correct the issue with the coat as they stated a few years back in forums. We all make mistakes or do things we regret; It's human nature. Before you do something you regret take a step back and rethink about a few things instead of going in guns blazing (Pun intended at 0x101 supply). I'm not saying your wrong or right as this may just be a stupid little confusion that has been stretched so far.

As for sharing knowledge I wouldn't give up details of something I learned on my own as it helps my pockets grow *wink Wink*

-Chief

what the problem whit the video its not different from doing pinp ponp still hunting one on each side when the mob goes toward you run away and the other keep shooting when it run back to the shooter the shoooter run away and the other start shooting

that depending on how fast its runs

i guest ma has to invent cements shoe when you hunt and when you shoot you can move and have the most decay you can the other guy shooting also

i guest ma has to invent cements shoe when you hunt and when you shoot you can move and have the most decay you can the other guy shooting also
New xmas idea.

Back