PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Link List

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images

Maria's Globals on Tracker

Last edited by mastermesh; 07-06-2017 at 10:18.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Last edited by mastermesh; 09-18-2017 at 08:51.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images

Loot 2.0

Loot 2.0 Calculations:

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Combining items with different eco

Amping and other enhancements changes your economy rating
    Combined_Eco=(sum [cost(x)*eco(x)])/(sum(cost(n))

So for example imk2+a104
    cost (decay plus ammo)= 15.255+3.0203
    imk2 eco rating=90.4%
    a104 eco rating=83.3%
    (15.255*.904+.833*3.0203)/(15.255+3.0203)=89.2%

How are the economy ratings calculated compared to dpp?
    Thanks to information in this thread, the following applies
    DPP=max_dmg/cost
    Economy rating =11.5*DPP^2!- 44*DPP + 41.9

This has a solution that:
    An item with max DPP of 2.05 or lower will be 0.
    the max attainable economy rating happens at 4.86DPP (old imk2+3 eco hancers would confirm this)

yet to be confirmed:
    How do enhancers affect economy rating (dmg enhancers are easy)
    What does economy rating actually imply, other than what we already knew?
    e.g. does overamping increase loot?
    Does adding eco enhancers do anything?
    Lastly, MA are known for implementing piecewise functions (e.g. skill gains) rather than simple curves, so the above could be off, however it validated all data point within <0.1%, so it is a sound model.
    a
    Last edited by mastermesh; 07-21-2017 at 05:49.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Last edited by mastermesh; 07-21-2017 at 22:39.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Last edited by mastermesh; 06-30-2017 at 22:30.

Super Moderator
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Harena Serica Turbinis
    Society
    Antipodean Army
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    Spot resrved for some useful non eu links
    /mod note/

'non eu links' don't belong in this section of the forum, which is for general discussion of Planet Calypso.

Please use the OffTopic section of the forum for non-EU discussion.
    Born in Entropia: 26Sept06... Skills Unlocked: MMS 16Nov06, RDA 16May07, Animal Taming 12Jul07, Serendipity 23Dec07, PC 25Apr08, ESL 10May08,
    CGA 23Dec08, MatExtrMeth 4Mar09, BPC 30Mar09, MDA 8Aug09, Extr 6Oct09, Coolness 17Apr10, Martial Arts 22Apr11, Medicine&Treatment 23Aug11,
    150HP 7Aug12, Wounding 27Mar13, C.Sense 12Aug13, Avoid 27Aug13

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images

Boxer's leveled up to level 9...

Last edited by mastermesh; 07-06-2017 at 10:19.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    George Ace Skywalker
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    That's not the official Dark Moon Enigma avatar right?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSkywalker View Post
    That's not the official Dark Moon Enigma avatar right?
    I believe it is based on the timing and wording of DME's quote and Anhite's quote...

(kinda depends by what you mean 'official').

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threa...22/#post-66610
    The Official Avatar Guidelines lay out the rules for four different types of avatars and what they can and cannot do, but other than the regular EU avatar, which is your personal avatar that you started PE/EU with, all of the others are tagged through coding and activities monitored. The four avatars in question are Incognito (secret), Official (gold star over head), Role Playing (RX Units and any storyline character that will play a key role in the evolution of a planet), and Personal avatars which are not tagged unless there's a very good reason to be so.

There are also two types of Restricted Accounts ... Employee Accounts which are those who are employees of MA, PPs, Marketing Associates, etc., and Demo Accounts used for investors, journalists, and other such individuals in order to show them part, or all of EU during a limited period of time.
    Which one of those 'types' that it is I have no idea... probably an 'employee account'... but he does mention a marketing avatar, so it may be a different type?

(Not sure if there's another avatar running around with a similar sounding name or not?, but suspect there isn't, at least not yet?...)

MFM discussed in the quote above is Monria Fleet Manager Avatar.

Even though he says it's monitored by MA, MA support didn't seem to be aware of it, at least not completely...

Hi mastermesh,

Thank you for contacting us.

We do currently not have any information about this, so we will unfortunately not be able to comment on this post.

However, no regular participants of Entropia Universe will not be allowed to create multiple avatars.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
    Hank | Entropia Universe Support
    and in a later response after a couple of more concerns and questions about this:
    Hi mastermesh,

As stated in our previous reply:

We do currently not have any information regarding this.

If these avatars have multiple avatars, it is to be able to run and sustain their business inside of Entropia Universe and not to use them as alt avatars.

In these cases, they would have been specially approved and monitored by Mindark

It has nothing to do with level, but we can imagine that it all depends from case to case.

To put this in a simplistic way.

If you do not have permission from us, you are not allowed to have multiple avatars.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
    Hank | Entropia Universe Support
    so I guess moon owners are apparently not "regular participants of Entropia Universe." If you can get support to give you a definition of what exactly that means and at what level an individual is no longer considered to be a "regular participant of Entropia Universe" you are doing better at getting some answers about this type of thing than I was.

Since the most recent reply post was by you George (and perhaps devs are actually reading this someday), I guess I'll put my 2 cents out there on this matter:

To me it appears that the Moon Owner is in direct competition with other mothership owners by allowing their staff to use alts and shared avatars, as such activity is in direct competition with those in the community such as yourself, who are trying to actually sell a mothership...... i.e. these 'non-regular' avatars are actually causing market manipulation, perhaps indirectly, but market manipulation is market manipulation, and that is, I believe, a direct violation of eula and tos.

imho opinion there would be more buyers of motherships if the Monria Fleet Manager, one of DME's 'now known alts' (there could be some unknown?), wasn't offering freebie flights on a regularly scheduled weekly basis... and I personally suspect that type of thing is exactly why you've had to bump that thread so many times about your mothership sale. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion on it, take it for what it's worth. If you want to send a support ticket in on the matter, go for it. (If you've sold it already, gratz! If not, perhaps you can send a support ticket and get Mindark to 'compensate' you buy buying the ms back from you or something similar...)

Also didn't know that one could officially organize a 'company' to do "business inside of Entropia" as it could be a conflict with eula and tos on several levels and layers, but guess that slippery slope is now officially open...???
    ------------------------------
    a few Links Related to this topic:
    FYI: MindStar9 is back! Who else saw this coming? - initial community reaction to ms9 being behind DME
    Introducing DME - Moon Owner's official intro to DME
    DME | MOON STATE OF MIND​ - MS9 admission to being behind DME
    Arkadia's New Experience Re-designed - old MS9 article about MS9 alt usage for Arkadia
    They walk amongst us... - Definitive discussion about alt usage that MS9 put out there before joining Monria team... also discusses alt useage as a secret avatar that graduated (another bit of market manipulation in some ways, imho since there are only so many mentor edition items out there in the loot pool, keeps 'real' mentors, who don't have PP alt disciples, from getting them.)

P.S. George, sorry I never got to 'graduate' under you as I originally had intended to do since I had to kick you as you were never online when I was so the 'team hunt with mentor' thing never worked out with us and pushed my 'real' graduation back until I was around level 17 swordsman. I know it probably still confuses you as to why I picked you as my mentor, but I think a lot of what you and I do in game are very similar in a lot of ways... so it was more of a metaphorical mentorship than a 'real' one anyways.

somewhat non-related links which is related as it is regards to MS9's History:
    Disagreement with Planet Cyrene hiring- discusses community response to MS9 joining Cyrene
    - Internet Archive Wayback Machine Archived Copy

Interesting MS9 Links in the "Why is this allowed?" Thread:

Interesting MS9 related Links in the MindArk Buys Back Calypso Land Deeds Thread:
    87 - Traction PR defense of MS9, 'the regular player' that got Press Releases an hour or two before everyone else in game had access to them so they could be put on the blog, which now is at a url that has nothing to do with Entropia (probably sold at a personal profit after it got up there in popularity due to these community forums?)
    134 - Additional Traction PR defense of MS9
    Last edited by mastermesh; 07-03-2017 at 09:35.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    George Ace Skywalker
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks, I was confused about the name in the global which is, "Dark DarkMoonEnigma Enigma". However the name used by yourself and others is "Dark Moon Enigma". So I wasn't sure if the avatar in the global is the same avatar that is referred to as, "Dark Moon Enigma".

I have taken somewhat of a break from actual game playing activities so I realise I could be mistaken or have a lack of understanding on how avatar names can be listed in globals.

As for the other issues regarding official avatar usage and restrictions. I have seen some dubious things in the past which raised questions about limits of official and "normal" avatars. That's not really for me to decide what the rules should be. Having said that some "curious" actions that I've seen I would have thought are either dishonest if not illegal but there is little a normal avatar can do about it...

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 17 ... LastLast