Entropedia v2

Site Admin
Admin
I am happy to announce that Entropedia.info has been moved to a new host and that multiple fixes and optimizations have been implemented to address the recent stability issues.

As just one example, the Locations page is working once again, after a long period of downtime.

Thanks to krogfan of House of Gamers and his team for generously volunteering to take over the Entropedia project and improve the site for the benefit of the entire Entropia Universe community. :tiphat:

Of course periodic dumps of the Entropedia database will continue to be made available to the community, and are available in the following thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?282556-Entropedia-Database-Dump

***NOTE***
It may take a few hours for the new site to appear for users who have the old IP address cached.

weapon range? how it should work ?

It's currently not possible to edit it, because the db uses the sql reserved word "Range" for it. The older versions of mysql did tolerate it, but it eventually stopped working 2-3 years ago.

weapon range? how it should work ?

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Range=140 WHERE ID=2460' at line 1

I get that when trying to update range for adjusted ml35. Very old problem, that's why none of the new weapons have range.

So we will look at a smart way of fixing the rangething, allso added buffs to the weaponcompare v2 and fixes to the locations and maps and added tons of missions.

So we will look at a smart way of fixing the rangething, allso added buffs to the weaponcompare v2 and fixes to the locations and maps and added tons of missions.

May lootius pay you in many beers and free doritos.

Thanks a lot.

Yet another black Friday miracle! Thanks ;)

Was waiting long for this, always down when i need it :), thx guys.

Awesome, thanks to all who made this possible.

Does the weapon compare tool use the updated formula for hit profession yet? I believe armor adviser/armor vs mob tool also fell behind some changes.

Cheers!

Thanks very much indeed, that is awesome news!

So glad to see this amazing resource given some attention :yay:

Awesome, thanks to all who made this possible.

Does the weapon compare tool use the updated formula for hit profession yet? I believe armor adviser/armor vs mob tool also fell behind some changes.

Cheers!

Im not sure what you mean by updated formula for hit profession, weve added the possibility to include enhancers in your calculation and allso the new modern buffs from rings and pills or whatever youre using at the moment.

If we have missed out on something then enlighten me :)

//Linz

So we will look at a smart way of fixing the rangething
The simple fix is to change the column name in the db to a non-reserved word. I.E. ItemRange (or item_range, depending on the current db naming convention.) The site code (queries, etc.) will then obviously be updated, but it's really a simple fix.

Im not sure what you mean by updated formula for hit profession...

A while back, they changed the hit profession ratio, so upper level, but not quite lvl 100 players got better results on old-school weapons.

For example, a lvl 75 hit prof. used to be an HA of 7.5 on old-school, but now shows as closer to 8.0 (don't recall exact math atm, but you get the idea)

Thanks for the work, btw. :)

Good work.

I noticed that not all latest data were transferred, at least 2 creatures, materials and bp are missing data I added lately to old entropedia were not in new version.

Every new update that was (Created) 08-11-2016 21:01:19 at that time or later is not there.
LINK Select (Show new additions only)

Last edited:
The simple fix is to change the column name in the db to a non-reserved word. I.E. ItemRange (or item_range, depending on the current db naming convention.) The site code (queries, etc.) will then obviously be updated, but it's really a simple fix.

A while back, they changed the hit profession ratio, so upper level, but not quite lvl 100 players got better results on old-school weapons.

For example, a lvl 75 hit prof. used to be an HA of 7.5 on old-school, but now shows as closer to 8.0 (don't recall exact math atm, but you get the idea)

Thanks for the work, btw. :)

Thats what I had in mind but since Joda is the smart one, he will find a way prolly just like you said to make it possible to add range.

About the hitrate, we will need the formula so if anybody has that Id be happy to apply it for nonmaxed nonSIBs (stay away from unmaxed weapons!!!!) :D

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thats what I had in mind but since Joda is the smart one, he will find a way prolly just like you said to make it possible to add range.

About the hitrate, we will need the formula so if anybody has that Id be happy to apply it for nonmaxed SIBs (stay away from unmaxed weapons!!!!) :D

Thanks!

What he said!

Awesome job so far!

About the hitrate, we will need the formula so if anybody has that Id be happy to apply it for nonmaxed SIBs (stay away from unmaxed weapons!!!!) :D

Thanks!

The info your are looking for is here:

Thanks all, I have used data reported in this thread to confirm the new HA formula for nonSIB

HA=4.0+0.06*L

Where L is between 0 and 100

Extrapolating to incorporate SIB

If L<SIB_start, HA=0.0
Else if L>SIB_end, HA=10.0
Else HA=4.0+6*(L-SIB_Start)/(SIB_End-SIB_Start)

Critical Hits for nonSIB
CH=sqrt(L)

Extrapolate to SIB
If L<SIB_start, CH=0.0
Else if L>SIB_end, CH=10.0
Else CH=10*sqrt((L-SIB_Start)/(SIB_End-SIB_Start))

I will run some tests to find out what the new HA values imply (i don't need tracker)

The parts in red are the important ones.

Reactions: San
Good job peeps! I like the background too :)

Im not sure what you mean by updated formula for hit profession, weve added the possibility to include enhancers in your calculation and allso the new modern buffs from rings and pills or whatever youre using at the moment.

//Linz

40 + 0.6 * hit level for unmaxed weapons. For armour with plates, 'unexpected' overprotection has been removed a while ago (where overprotection in one damage type had resulted in the excess still being subtracted from the total, i.e. negative numbers were not cut off). I believe there has been some writing about it in disjunct places, hope I'm not in error about the details but better double check.

40 + 0.6 * hit level for unmaxed weapons. For armour with plates, 'unexpected' overprotection has been removed a while ago (where overprotection in one damage type had resulted in the excess still being subtracted from the total, i.e. negative numbers were not cut off). I believe there has been some writing about it in disjunct places, hope I'm not in error about the details but better double check.

I will doublecheck the formula, I know the "overprotection" is gone, will make sure it calculates correct.....Wont be added today but we put it on the todolist.

Thanks !! :)

awesome job, glad that this is being taken care of. Goodluck!

***NOTE***
It may take a few hours for the new site to appear for users who have the old IP address cached.
I'm still hitting the old site. Any way to flush my cache?

This is awesome stuff :D

Thanks Krogfan, Joda and whoever else involved! :yay::yay:

THx. This is really wonderful news..

Fixed the issue with range so we can update the range of new weapons
added mission rewards for the following missions too;

Calypso Iron challenge: Mulmun IV
Calypso Iron challenge: Mulmun V
Calypso Iron challenge: Muluk-Hir III
Calypso Iron challenge: Muluk-Hir IV
Calypso Iron challenge: Muluk-Hir V
Calypso Iron challenge: Oculus Stage III
Calypso Iron challenge: Oculus Stage IV
Calypso Iron challenge: Oculus Stage V
Calypso Iron Challenge: 60000 Aurli
Calypso Gold Challenge : Atrox
Calypso Gold Challange : Argonaut
Calypso Bronze Challange: Kreltin 2
Calypso Iron Challenge: Mind Reaver Stage I
Calypso Iron Challenge: Mind Reaver Stage II
Calypso Iron Challenge: Mind Reaver Stage III
Calypso Iron Challenge: Mind Reaver Stage IV
Calypso Iron Challenge: Mind Reaver Stage V
Calypso Iron Challenge: Mind Reaver Stage VI
Calypso Bronze Challange: Mind Reaver
Calypso Iron Challenge: Marcimex Stage I
Calypso Iron Challenge: Marcimex Stage II
Calypso Iron Challenge: Marcimex Stage III
Calypso Iron Challenge: Marcimex Stage IV
Calypso Iron Challenge: Marcimex Stage V
Calypso Iron Challenge: Marcimex Stage VI
Calypso Bronze Challenge: Marcimex
Calypso Iron Challenge: Hogglo Stage I
Calypso Iron Challenge: Hogglo Stage II
Calypso Iron Challenge: Hogglo Stage III
Calypso Iron Challenge: Hogglo Stage IV
Calypso Iron Challenge: Hogglo Stage V

Still looking for volunteers for adding more missions from other planets!

Last edited:
Back