Entropedia v2

This, on top of two recent bugfix VUs...it really is the Christmas season.

Thank you for your hard work.

Also, maybe you already changed something, but I can read the text fine, and I like the new background.

I'm not able to access creature info pages now.

I'm not able to access creature info pages now.

Hard to say what is wrong since I can access them perfectly, lets wait to see if somebody else cant.

Hard to say what is wrong since I can access them perfectly, lets wait to see if somebody else cant.

oops.jpg

Cant.

It would probably be helpful to add more specifics. If I click the "Creatures" link, that works. Once on that page though, if I click links to particular creatures, I see the error Mega posted above. For example, Aakas works, but Aakas 01 does not. :(

It would probably be helpful to add more specifics. If I click the "Creatures" link, that works. Once on that page though, if I click links to particular creatures, I see the error Mega posted above. For example, Aakas works, but Aakas 01 does not. :(

yes thats the way I see it too, some mobs (most of them works) but some gives that errorcode. Here its sunday morning 06.20 and I have worked for 35 hours last weekend so Im goinf for some beautysleep and hopefully joda takes a sunday too but we will look at whats wrong :)

yes thats the way I see it too, some mobs (most of them works) but some gives that errorcode. Here its sunday morning 06.20 and I have worked for 35 hours last weekend so Im goinf for some beautysleep and hopefully joda takes a sunday too but we will look at whats wrong :)
Sounds good. You all have already done so much - no rush! Just wanted to let you know what I am seeing. :)

Out of everything praiseworthy about the efforts, I couldn't be happier about the addition to Weapon Compare to finally include true enhancer cost & effect and hopefully do away with the mythical eco claims escalating around the forums.

fixed too short

Seriously awesome effort....i really had given up with the old entropedia!!

Rgds

Ace

A Big Thank you to 711 and the the team for getting entropedia working properly again.

Great thing you guys are doing here.

The lack of a properly functioning and updated wiki has pushed many new players away from EU I'm sure.

Exactly, our idea was to revive Entropedia that every new player would have access to game information, that can save his failures.

As you say, i bet a lot new players lost here and left because lack of information.

in near future , i hope we will cooperate with Entropia Life and will make more info and tools available for you guys.

Ofc, would be awesome, if you help us to :
1. Fill in entropia locations,mobs, quests and other information.
2. Suggest us what tools and information community need.
3. report bugs with full information (when bug appeared, what you done to get it, timestamp)

our developer team scheduled for audit on this Monday .
1.They will diagnose if servers need solid state drives for "hot" data or speed is enought.
2.Will fix weapon compare "add compare" and "timout" issues.
3.Will check , why some people need to login every time they come to site (autologin not work) , for this issue need more information , since it appears to few people only.
4. will migrate location api to google maps v3 and will add HD resolution option.

good luck and good night finally :)

//mg

Last edited:
I added a location for Dire Weed, and it shows as 'Dire Weed' on the minimap. That's sort of redundant, since we're already looking at the Dire Weed page :). Perhaps it would make more sense to display the maturity ('Mature') instead.

I added a location for Dire Weed, and it shows as 'Dire Weed' on the minimap. That's sort of redundant, since we're already looking at the Dire Weed page :). Perhaps it would make more sense to display the maturity ('Mature') instead.

Hmm i bet its bevause you can check few mobs to biew in map, and maturity shows color - green is low, telow is mid, red is high?

I tried to add the Provider maturity for Tide Claw (maturity class Cyrene Animal), which still results in getting the "oops" page. Apologies if this has been reported before, lost track a little.

Hmm i bet its bevause you can check few mobs to biew in map, and maturity shows color - green is low, telow is mid, red is high?

Yes, maturity to color works.

But my point was that there's little use in having mob name on the minimap :)

Anyway, I found out how to make minimap show no text at all - 'Text zoom level' needs to be increased to 2.

I tried to add the Provider maturity for Tide Claw (maturity class Cyrene Animal), which still results in getting the "oops" page. Apologies if this has been reported before, lost track a little.

First the level needs to be added to the maturity class itself :) I just did that, try again.

First the level needs to be added to the maturity class itself :) I just did that, try again.

Strange, this is where the error occurred for me, upon editing the maturity class first as said and that was just the minute ago. Oh alright, works now, thanks :)

Edit: Now the health field is not editable...

Great job guys :)

About that Column name Range in sql if you put it in 'Range' system will treat it as normal characters even if thats a sys function or other function build up in sql.

Edit: Now the health field is not editable...

Health field hasn't ever been editable on my memory, it's derived from Stamina*10.

That of course cause problems with 15 HP and 5 HP mobs - they show as 10 and 0 instead. One more issue on the wishlist. :)

Reactions: San
Strange, this is where the error occurred for me, upon editing the maturity class first as said and that was just the minute ago. Oh alright, works now.

Today system administrators adjusting database performance and maximum connections usage, so it can be some lags or 'oops' messages but all website will be operational.

And this is another reason I LOVE NERDS!!
Thanks Linsey and Joda and the others I know are working behind the scenes
You guys Rawk!!!
:yay::yay:

Marvelous,
awesome,
you guys/gals rock!

:cheer:

Thank you so much guys, 100% pro. Can't wait to see what new features will be added

Similar to the post I made in the entropiahub.eu post that Siniko made, any chance of this being made open source so others can contribute? Could be good for bug tracking and requests also that is available for all to see and vote on?

Similar to the post I made in the entropiahub.eu post that Siniko made, any chance of this being made open source so others can contribute? Could be good for bug tracking and requests also that is available for all to see and vote on?

Its been available to the Community for a very long time (link to that is in OP) so I dont know what else you want :)

Weve tried to make every change and upgrade that the Community has asked for sofar and the additions in the entropedia is still made by users, not from managing or hosting the webpage.

You can contribute unlimited amount of stuff in adding things in the entropedia, locations part hasnt worked for many years so probably needs ALOT of attention.

I Think besides our Changes and added missions etc there has been Close to 400 additions to the entropedia since we are hosting it, wich IMO is pretty cool and shows the great interest and Power of a Community like EU.

//Linzey

Its been available to the Community for a very long time (link to that is in OP) so I dont know what else you want :)

Weve tried to make every change and upgrade that the Community has asked for sofar and the additions in the entropedia is still made by users, not from managing or hosting the webpage.

You can contribute unlimited amount of stuff in adding things in the entropedia, locations part hasnt worked for many years so probably needs ALOT of attention.

I Think besides our Changes and added missions etc there has been Close to 400 additions to the entropedia since we are hosting it, wich IMO is pretty cool and shows the great interest and Power of a Community like EU.

//Linzey

Not just the database itself, but the website code etc. Its great that there is a few minds working on it now, but similar to Siniko and the work you guys are doing when you have decided its time to no longer look after it what happens then?

Not just the database itself, but the website code etc. Its great that there is a few minds working on it now, but similar to Siniko and the work you guys are doing when you have decided its time to no longer look after it what happens then?

There was agreement with 711,
the web page files is not open source , hence is not belongs to us.
domain is not ours too.
711 is managing it all.

711 have full access to server.

every week database & website files is backing up to entropiaforum backup ftp server.

So there is no possible way to loose data.

As 711 said, website database dumps will be shared from time to time.

As you see , a content about Entropedia creation was not been changed to respect people , that worked so hard till now to keep it alive : http://www.entropiawiki.com/About.aspx

//mg

Last edited:
:yay: :wtg: :lolup: :woot: :cheer: :clap: :dance: :monkey: :holyshit:

But most of all: :bowdown:
Thank-you to all those that have made this happen.

Back