Entropedia v2

Hello again, wanted to ask about land plots,
is there needed a land plot information ?
it is possible to add it now ? or need this funtion to be added.

//mg

Suggestion for the missions table:
Replace the rewards column with One column with drop down for skill name and one for numerical value of reward size, this to allow for consistent input and better filters.

Suggestion for the missions table:
Replace the rewards column with One column with drop down for skill name and one for numerical value of reward size, this to allow for consistent input and better filters.

Don't forget there are missions rewarding with things other than skills.

Ok make it 3 fields then and the community will have to move the data to the appropriate fields.

added multi column , that is called "reward skills" it will let people add skill names, so will be easier to look for rewards.

Last edited:
added multi column , that is called "reward skills" it will let people add skill names, so will be easier to look for rewards.

Very cool! Thanks Joda :)
Just tried it, and its is sufficient

Is there still issues with reset password?
Tried it just now and havent recieved an email after several minutes.

Is there still issues with reset password?
Tried it just now and havent recieved an email after several minutes.

there should not be an issue, sec checking

edit : no, no problems at all, since got recovery email same second.

Ok make it 3 fields then and the community will have to move the data to the appropriate fields.

No, you don't get to order anyone around. If you want it, invest your own time.

As it stands now, it doesn't add anything, because searching for Reward="Dexterity" works the same as searching for Reward Skills="Dexterity", so it just creates confusion.

No, you don't get to order anyone around. If you want it, invest your own time.

As it stands now, it doesn't add anything, because searching for Reward="Dexterity" works the same as searching for Reward Skills="Dexterity", so it just creates confusion.

You need to chill, why do you think i am so keen on getting access to my account?

And the point is to have filterable and group able values, you can of course search for any text..but you are missing the point as I read it.

domain is not ours too

Domain is still regsitered in name of Witte (see also my post in the earlier thread).
I have spoken with him, he said that the domain registration is on auto-renew and that he is happy paying for the annual fees.

So you could argue the domain is "ours", it has to be registered to someone in the end and that someone is Witte.

Domain is still regsitered in name of Witte (see also my post in the earlier thread).
I have spoken with him, he said that the domain registration is on auto-renew and that he is happy paying for the annual fees.

So you could argue the domain is "ours", it has to be registered to someone in the end and that someone is Witte.

He said its NOT ours......what was your point again??

There was agreement with 711,
the web page files is not open source , hence is not belongs to us.
domain is not ours too.
711 is managing it all.

711 have full access to server.

every week database & website files is backing up to entropiaforum backup ftp server.

So there is no possible way to loose data.

As 711 said, website database dumps will be shared from time to time.

As you see , a content about Entropedia creation was not been changed to respect people , that worked so hard till now to keep it alive : http://www.entropiawiki.com/About.aspx

//mg

This sounds cool!
One thing that I'd like clarification on, although more or less answered in a previous post.

Do you have access to our account information, email, password?

Anyway, great work guys!
This is much better then what I was expecting! And quite much faster as well!

Please lock over the integration of EntropiaBay and PEAuction etc.

As mentioned here: www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/s...Markup-fetched-from-Entropiabay-and-PEAuction
And here: www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?276281-Malware-warning

Suggestion is to keep the data but to remove any links to those sites that are no longer active and spread malware.

Since the malware is recognised and known I think there no longer is a connection. We can ofc doublecheck

This sounds cool!
One thing that I'd like clarification on, although more or less answered in a previous post.

Do you have access to our account information, email, password?

Anyway, great work guys!
This is much better then what I was expecting! And quite much faster as well!

Account table is highly secured and encrypted in one way.
So no way to reveal any password (it is a database function )
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptographic_hash_function

so no one , even administrator cannot know your password.

about links, of course if you give me a tip which links it is :)

Please lock over the integration of EntropiaBay and PEAuction etc.

As mentioned here: www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/s...Markup-fetched-from-Entropiabay-and-PEAuction
And here: www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?276281-Malware-warning

Suggestion is to keep the data but to remove any links to those sites that are no longer active and spread malware.

integration of this sites was made manually, so since no one "push a button "nothing is happening :)

but we trinking how to develop our own markup checker, but still no good ideas.

one was to use data from louncher (expiring aukcion items as did peaukcion) but it does not show bo items.

//mg

Thanks, please add a Strength column to this one.
I think Name / Category / Description and Strength makes sense to have:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Petskills

yes i think how to do it, since wanted to add aquire level too, but noticed same skill have different strentht and aquire level.

so if you have any suggestion, we could think of.

maybe to add like (Pet and Taming LVL1) or so. Here need a guy who have a lot pets to compare

yes i think how to do it, since wanted to add aquire level too, but noticed same skill have different strentht and aquire level.

so if you have any suggestion, we could think of.

maybe to add like (Pet and Taming LVL1) or so. Here need a guy who have a lot pets to compare

Unlock criteria maybe? On the Pet table maybe?
- So skill table lists only the skills descriptions and effect.
- On the pet table have a column for unlock criteria

2016-11-28 Added Pets chart In Creatures section - GO GILL IN PETS!

AFAIK there are just four possible 'sources' of pets:
  • Taming
  • Strongbox
  • Not available anymore
  • Mission
The last category currently consists of Wolpertinger.

It might make sense to have a drop-down choice of these four sources and leave other details like 'kill x of y to spawn' to the page of pet itself (because for some pets there will be lots of text).

It might also be useful to link 'taming' pets to their respective mobs; although there might be a problem - usually only specific maturities are tamable.

Training difficulty (easy/average/hard) and metabolic rate are two important variables that are probably needed somewhere.

Here is a table of pet data by Aeolus, you might want to have a chat with him.

The whole thing is quite complex, so maybe don't rush it. ;)

AFAIK there are just four possible 'sources' of pets:
  • Taming
  • Strongbox
  • Not available anymore
  • Mission
The last category currently consists of Wolpertinger.

How about 5th category?
Event

Hogglo pets were spawned only during diablo weekend
Boxer is an event prize (afaik)
Oratan axe - event prize
Oratan miner - event and tamable
Dhampyre - event, tamable, (and somewhat mission since requires access to special area by completing antidote)

Prolly more that i dont know off
But idea to incorporate pets in entropedia (have its own section) would be really cool, even for me who is not doing taming on regular basis.

Cheers
/Soko

yes, trying to make it all possible, will take some time, will notice when done

Account table is highly secured and encrypted in one way.
So no way to reveal any password (it is a database function )
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptographic_hash_function
so no one , even administrator cannot know your password.

Unless they put it through a brute-force password attack program. Such a program uses a big list of words (the "dictionary") and encrypts each one using the same function and compares the result with the encrypted version stored in the table. If there is a match, password discovered.

Moral of the story: always use complicated, impossible-to-guess-and-never-in-a-password-dictionary passwords.
Don't think replacing i with 1 or A with 4 is going to fool a program either. Good password cracking dictionaries already have all those variations included. :wise:

Back