No pirate motherships

Status
Varyag is not a pirate ship, first u can understand this better it is.

I was on it for skilling months ago, and the rulese were really easy and clear.

Yoshi wrote and posted mentioned rules also on this forum.

But if u call pirate any ship that loots in space then also Normandie and his crows are pirate.

Lol they looted also sweat from noobie that were skilling in repairing.

PS. i dont have guns on my ships so plz dont be silly and call me pirate just because i disagree with u :)

Cheers

A few months ago I'd have agreed with you. But Varyag did become a pirate ship, that is indisputable. Yoshii also self declared as a pirate, and said all pirates are very welcome back on board if they wish.

Pirates are of course free to pinky promise they won't go back on Varyag, but the people of Entropia have the right to know the facts in order to make their own mind up :)

But again... we are going round in circles. This has already been debated, and the thread got locked. Why here is another one going over the same stuff is beggars belief.

As for your point on Normandie, yes we do shoot down pirate ships. Do bear in mind Varyag brought this upon themselves. Everyone was happily leaving each other alone... till they turned pirate. If you actively try to shoot down other ships, you certainly cannot complain if they win and you get destroyed.

facts.jpg

:tongue2:

It doesn't matter if you travel with whatever privateer/MS you can find. It's safe anyways so I always book the cheapest VIP I can find, log out on safe and back in when it's in safe again.
Now imagine they announce it's safe zone in the middle of nowhere, and then throw u out of airlock? I'm speaking hypothetically ofc but well, worse things have happened...
Anyway, I do agree this scenario is highly unlikely but a minimum amount of trust may still be a good idea when transporting loot you really cant afford losing. Y'now, better safe than sorry... Just saying.:yup:

there is not one pirate mothership in this game as of today!!! if anyone tells you different it is there way to gain more money by using lies to hurt others ships.. this has been done for many years and left uncheck by those who run this forum, mainly because there friends of those who do this..any post that is know to be a lie should be banned first day it is posted...This tactic has been used and has destroyed many ships chances to make a honest ped by greedy players who lie for profit.. me being a pirate, never lies to anyone in this game to make my way threw it!! say what you want about pirates but when you see dirty deeds from your side you should call it out as it is!!

I want to believe.
To be able to believe I have just one question. Is the well known scammer goldy/ernestas/monica/cherrylady still within your ranks?

Last edited:
Now imagine they announce it's safe zone in the middle of nowhere, and then throw u out of airlock? I'm speaking hypothetically ofc but well, worse things have happened...
Anyway, I do agree this scenario is highly unlikely but a minimum amount of trust may still be a good idea when transporting loot you really cant afford losing. Y'now, better safe than sorry... Just saying.:yup:

It's not just unlikely it's not gonna happend :D Even if it does then you just logout again instantly and you are safe. You then have to wait a while before you login safe but this is 1/1000000000000 chance so if you are that unlucky just wait for a few weeks and I'm sure the pirate waiting is bored. If you trust the service that little it's also just to have a friend added to the ship so he can watch the home position of the aircraft to see that it's on the correct spot.

Just saying that some pilots are trying to create a false impression that it's not safe to travel with all privateers/motherships. This is a straight out LIE.

I have not seen an MA dedicated to pirates but I don't see anything wrong with it either. The game made space a high risk way to travel by creating the lootable PvP zones and allowing pirates. Increased and stronger pirate activity not only boosts revenue for safe transports like motherships but also stimulate the market in other planets. Maybe it will be easier for me to buy rainbow crystal I need from Cyrene via their auction and pay the 2 ped or 6 ped fee, for example. Or when I have fun hunting in RT maybe I can sell my loot in their auction instead of having to TT it. I think it is still a little too easy to transport goods and sell them at Caly with some MU and also the price to travel safe is way low.

As far as breaking and making reputations. This is what I see as part of being competitive in EU. Not just space but other professions as well. I don't think it will stop but I can tell you that there are people who use their own criteria and develop their own judgment of what happened or how it happened and there are followers who believe it because they feel they need to be on certain side and don't want to risk losing friendships and connections. Yes, the pirate stories scare the hell out of new people at the beginning (I was one of them). But as you get to know the game, you realize the he-said/she-said is just part of the competitiveness.

It's not just unlikely it's not gonna happend :D Even if it does then you just logout again instantly and you are safe. You then have to wait a while before you login safe but this is 1/1000000000000 chance so if you are that unlucky just wait for a few weeks and I'm sure the pirate waiting is bored.
Well, no... It only takes 2 sec to see you log in and pull the trigger - low SI ship explodes almost instantly. Add another 1 sec to find you in the floating debris + aim/shoot. If you're imagining u can log off faster than that... No chance in hell. Once this trap closes, your done - nothing you can do about it.

If you trust the service that little it's also just to have a friend added to the ship so he can watch the home position of the aircraft to see that it's on the correct spot.
Yep, this would indeed guarantee there won't be any unpleasant surprises.

EDIT: My more space-informed friend corrected me here. This safeguard won't work either.
Say, your supposed to travel from Caly to Rock. The MS jumps right next to the Rock safezone, blows up and you would find yourself floating in PvP - the safety zone literally in arms reach. No way anyone could see the difference from the space map.
Forget it, there's never such a thing as 100% safety in Space. If someone truly believes it's worth the trouble to try to loot you the only thing keeping you safe is if they have much to lose for trying such dirty tricks... or not.

Just saying that some pilots are trying to create a false impression that it's not safe to travel with all privateers/motherships. This is a straight out LIE.
It would be a lie if there was no risk at all (and those nasty things never actually happened to ppl). So I wouldn't use such a strong word. Let's say the risk factor is actually lower than most ppl tend to believe.

In the end it all boils down to risk management, like everything in this game... :cool:

Last edited:
I want to believe.
To be able to believe I have just one question. Is the well known scammer goldy/ernestas/monica/cherrylady still within your ranks?

This one? Still around as of a few days ago.

[System]: ['John Black Knight ] destroyed Quad-Wing Interceptor (L)
[System]: ['John Black Knight ] killed [Ernestj]

[Alaina Bonnie Knight] [System]: [Bonnie] killed [Ernestj].

This one? Still around as of a few days ago.

[System]: ['John Black Knight ] destroyed Quad-Wing Interceptor (L)
[System]: ['John Black Knight ] killed [Ernestj]

[Alaina Bonnie Knight] [System]: [Bonnie] killed [Ernestj].

Ok. Belief gone. Being a safehaven for a scammer like that makes all words that Op writes in here or ingame complete bullshite.

Worse has happened like the infamous summoning that took place a few years ago to a pirate run privateer.

It doesn't matter if you travel with whatever privateer/MS you can find. It's safe anyways so I always book the cheapest VIP I can find, log out on safe and back in when it's in safe again. Once they remove this safety feature it's calypso only for me again. Not my loss that the other planets are gonna go bankrupt and fail like next island if they do this on top of the other stupid shit in space so MA feel free to fuck up your investors even more than you already have done.

That wont work in many cases, due to timing , you will be still logged in and on a cheaper trip your very likely going to be on a low SI ship which can be taken down in seconds leaving you vulnerable even though you think you have logged out safely, also you wont know 100% that you are safe when you log back in. Quite a few people have lost tens of thousands of ped to pirates doing this.

Ok. Belief gone. Being a safehaven for a scammer like that makes all words that Op writes in here or ingame complete bullshite.

Isnt this true of things that most pirates say not just the OP ?
Which is why Varyag remains on KOS list

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...fleet-KOS-list

Worse has happened like the infamous summoning that took place a few years ago to a pirate run privateer.

Yeah I remember that, it was beyond annoying and went on for weeks. :censored:

I was looking at the trade chat, i miss the days where twin had so much trading activity. :(

I was looking at that too, I think it was before explosive crafting so ore traders were still in business, check also the little coloured buttons for turning on and off chat filters as well. :)

That wont work in many cases, due to timing , you will be still logged in and on a cheaper trip your very likely going to be on a low SI ship which can be taken down in seconds leaving you vulnerable even though you think you have logged out safely, also you wont know 100% that you are safe when you log back in. Quite a few people have lost tens of thousands of ped to pirates doing this.

Isnt this true of things that most pirates say not just the OP ?
Which is why Varyag remains on KOS list

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...fleet-KOS-list

Logging out still works to my knowledge. So does the safe bubble when logging back in.

Logging out still works to my knowledge. So does the safe bubble when logging back in.

yes, they do work but a pirate can still set it up to take your ped.

take you out in the middle of nowhere and kick you from the guest list. Tell you to log in and then wait for the 10 second bubble to fade. (UPDATE: I've received info that there is no safe bubble in space. individuals have been looted within seconds of appearing in space).

Trying to log out again will take 20 seconds so they have a gap of time to find your body, line up the shot and loot you. If they miss? They camp your location till you log in again and you are stuck.

Best thing you can do is find a reputable Transport Service who's rep means more than the few ped in your pocket.

My recommendations to you are both KISS and TOS. Both have invested greatly in the reputation of their Services and have great track records in getting their customers to their locations in a safe manner. Just follow their instructions and you will be good to go. :wise:

Last edited:
There are no pedophile motherships either.

The burden of proof is squarely on anyone willing to assert existence of something, because non-existence of something cannot be proved.
Also, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Also, saying "everyone knows" does not count as evidence, no matter the number of repetitions.

Therefore, while I might suspect that crews of some motherships might love kids just too much, until I present at least some evidence, there are no pedophile motherships.

Did we really need a thread for that?

moderator.jpg

Okay. Original Poster has delivered his message. The majority of the content in the thread has proven that there is no real discussion value on the topic, other than bickering. Hence I will close it now.

Status
Back