Support case resolution

forgo

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Forgo Forgorth Lundain
Just a quick suggestion on support. Perhaps actually answering the support cases would be a goal to achieve.

Nothing more frustrating than getting responses many months after the fact, which do nothing but cancel the case.

I had several cases open in the last couple years that stayed open.

Until recently where they were just closed, without any attempt to resolve.

Taking 8 months to respond is one thing..... cancelling it as a response, forcing the user to redo the case into the back of the 8 month que is another.

Ultimately this case I don't need support anymore for, but others I still did/do, and at least a quick response to verify this with me would be more effective, and less frustrating for your users.

Just FYI, this support issue is one of the reasons I havn't put a penny into the game since before this case was opened. Some managers might actually care to know why some dedicated players are no longer dedicated.

Here is one example of several:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016-03-24 14:30 You wrote:

Hello, I purchased booth 1 at CP, and I cannot drop any items onto the estate.

I claimed it set to public and lifted restriction, relogged and still occurs.

Please advise on what I need to do to activate this.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016-11-26 21:33 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Forgo,

Thank you for contacting us and please accept our apologies for not being able to reply to your support case in time.

Due to the delay we've closed your case, if your issue still persists please contact us again and we will do our outmost to get to your case in a much more timely fashion.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Shame to hear about this.

I wonder if there is some sort of fault with the support system which allows cases to go unnoticed for so long or whether they are just ignored. Surely MA would just resolve the cases in the order they come in :scratch2:

Maybe we can have some official word on how support runs?

Support dose not work

Hi, well I have only been playing this game for about a week, but already I have submitted 3 request to support, the first one they answered with the usual support answer "Unfortunately we are not able to answer in-game related inquiries. You can ask fellow Entropians in game about such things.

If you have any technical issues we are more than happy to assist you to the best of our ability.

We apologize if this is causing you any inconvenience.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
M | Entropia Universe Support":mad:

Case still open and not answer fully.

Second case still open, no answer yet.:(

Third case just opened and await answer!

:wise:But from years of dealing with support teams on different games and company's, it seems to me that all support team personal are trained the same why, i.e, give an answer like the last answer from case 1, or close the case down because they do not want to answer/can not be bothered to look into it full as it will take time and they might find that they have done something to cause the problem their self, i.e, I play a well know game from an A list company and every month they bring out an update/patch for the game and then they start getting case after case reported to support, because they have broken the game.

You will most likely find they cause of so meany case's is down to 1 thing and 1 thing only, very, very poor guilty control checks.:wise:

I got word for word the exact same response from support today.

2016-09-09 14:42 You wrote:

this is a follow up to my support case from back in march of this year for the same problem that still has not been fixed.
font size for both team target and waypoints got changed and are very very small. unreadable really. please fix
2016-10-11 13:39 You wrote:

Still not fixed
2016-11-23 17:06 You wrote:

still not fixed
2016-12-12 14:16 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Qster,

Thank you for contacting us and please accept our apologies for not being able to reply to your support case in time.

We appreciate your submitted support case and have forwarded this issue to our development team for further investigation.

Due to the delay we've closed your case, if your issue still persists please contact us again and we will do our best to get to your case in a much more timely fashion.

Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

I guess MA never actually reads old support cases anymore.

Hi, well I have only been playing this game for about a week, but already I have submitted 3 request to support, the first one they answered with the usual support answer "Unfortunately we are not able to answer in-game related inquiries. You can ask fellow Entropians in game about such things.

If you have any technical issues we are more than happy to assist you to the best of our ability.

We apologize if this is causing you any inconvenience.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
M | Entropia Universe Support":mad:

Case still open and not answer fully.

Second case still open, no answer yet.:(

Third case just opened and await answer!

:wise:But from years of dealing with support teams on different games and company's, it seems to me that all support team personal are trained the same why, i.e, give an answer like the last answer from case 1, or close the case down because they do not want to answer/can not be bothered to look into it full as it will take time and they might find that they have done something to cause the problem their self, i.e, I play a well know game from an A list company and every month they bring out an update/patch for the game and then they start getting case after case reported to support, because they have broken the game.

You will most likely find they cause of so meany case's is down to 1 thing and 1 thing only, very, very poor guilty control checks.:wise:

Playing only 3 weeks and already have submitted 3 support cases seems a bit excessive.

You might save the Support team some grief by acquiring a mentor or asking in one of the in-game chat channels your questions.

I've heard of many others receiving the same canned response for delayed cases. At least they are apologizing and acknowledging the delay. Many cases just remain open and unanswered indefinitely.

Don't expect it to ever improve. This is a small game run by a small company with limited resources. And since it's RCE, they obviously receive an unthinkable volume of support requests from players, probably more so than any other MMO (relative to amount of players).

Receiving 5 star customer service is simply never going to be a reality, unless you're an actual investor aka Planet Partner.

entropia.jpg

This is first and foremost a game, so no matter how much you deposit or withdraw, your support case is not given any more priority over some first day n00b asking how to find his lost vehicle which is probably in storage :laugh:

If I may be honest, I think this might actually be a good thing.

I have the idea that there were too many cases open, and they just didn't know what was still left undone & what not.

It sounds to me like they probably replaced the support guy/team with another support guy/team, and it was just an incredible mess. As a result this person/team probably closed all, to start with a clean sheet, yet asking people to remake the ticket if it's still actually a case.
This way it becomes a doable task for the new guy/team, and he doesn't have to take all the mess of the previous guy.

Just my 2 cents on how this sounds. May not be correct!

If I may be honest, I think this might actually be a good thing.

I have the idea that there were too many cases open, and they just didn't know what was still left undone & what not.

It sounds to me like they probably replaced the support guy/team with another support guy/team, and it was just an incredible mess. As a result this person/team probably closed all, to start with a clean sheet, yet asking people to remake the ticket if it's still actually a case.
This way it becomes a doable task for the new guy/team, and he doesn't have to take all the mess of the previous guy.

Just my 2 cents on how this sounds. May not be correct!

It's also part of their data protection update which goes hand in hand with the 1-year inactive lock.

Holding data unnecessarily (3 year old SC which complained about a bug which may or may not be fixed) is not good data management; so they've put in a periodic purge (is it 6mo?).

Just resubmit the SC if the bug/issue isn't fixed.

Back