Help: to fix the economy!

RobBuona

Elite
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Patrizia Pandemic Giano
I just want to preface this by saying I know none of this will actually happen. More than anything else, this is just me venting my frustration; nonetheless, I am confident in saying that these changes, were they to actually happen, would help players immensely! Also, I know this is the Planet Calypso suggestion section, but there isn't one for Entropia Universe. Maybe I should suggest this on Entropia Forum, but anyway...

EPs have broken the economy. Yup. Just about everyone knows it, yet it isn't talked about very frequently. The economy within Entropia interconnected. In order for the economy to function fully, all three of the "main" professions must rely on one another. And yet, Explosive Projectiles have allowed many crafters to silo themselves, never buying anything other than nanocubes. Sorry EPers - I know you don't want to hear it, but these four measly blueprints are hurting the game across the board.

So, how to fix it? Well, obviously this is not an easy question, and I am going to be steeply over-simplifying the solution. Step one, though, is to remove EP blueprints. The next step, then, is bringing back the interconnected quality of the professions, and this is the gist of it: no more looting limited items while hunting. If you think about it, this isn't logical anyway: why would a mob be carrying a gun? That doesn't even make sense! Maybe looting rare unlimited items would be okay, but no more limited items in hunting loot.

This is where it gets tricky, though, because in many cases, limited items are the best source of markup for hunters. And while this may be true, it's also true that at times, limited items become, well, limited in availability at the auction house. This is very difficult for hunters, because we may find ourselves paying too much markup, not having enough guns to hunt regularly, or both. So instead of looting limited items, we would loot materials for them to be crafted instead.

And those materials, in this scenario, would have good markup. Since EPs are out of the picture at this point, crafters would be willing to craft limited items for hunters. And suddenly, hunters need crafters and crafters need hunters. Again, I know that this kind of overhaul would in reality be extremely complex. Many will probably even say I'm crazy, too, but it makes sense to me. So yes, just wanted to share my thoughts!

Delete this post, please. :)

They removed components for some L guns sx1/xt and apis , they just don't want to remove/change this bs bp

EPs have broken the economy. Yup. Just about everyone knows it, yet it isn't talked about very frequently.

This is a double falsehood - not everyone thinks that the EBP have broken the economy, yet nearly every single fucking discussion thread goes on about how they have.

They haven't "broken" the economy, they just exposed the false-MU driving BPs of high-TT attachments. This was a good fix.

You don't fix an economy by going backwards, and anyone who actually played before EBPs knows that it wasn't exactly amazing. The same frustrations/comments, and those from the mining/hunting professions are included here.

So maybe it was wrong to say that EPBPs should be removed. Maybe the ones who only craft those are the ones who couldn't be bothered to gather up a bunch of components before this BP, so removing wouldn't change things much. I know this point has been made before, and it's probably true. I'm just frustrated, and I suppose my mind goes back and forth a bit sometimes.

I still think hunting and crafting are too disconnected, though. So many guns are looted, but they are only "uncommon" drops, so sometimes there's no supply at all. It would make so much more sense if hunters supplied crafters with some fairly generic materials, allowing more stable and reliable supply of limited items.

I think what hunters need is to be able to combine the L items in order to make them more desirable to use.

For example, If I have 2 x ISIS LLC-16 drops @ 10 ped ea from Armax and they are going in the TT
(the auction fee vs the chance an almost done gun will sell make it not worth while)

If I could combine them into a single 20 ped gun (or even take a hit and make it a 19 ped one)
now I'd save up my used ones, and keep the drops till I got a close to full tt one to sell

this would make some actual trading cycle outside loot->tt that's the kind of thing that would really help.

I think removing L weapons from loot and making them craftable would be great.
People say that crafters just sit there clicking EP because its cheaper, its gamblers that do that.
Crafters still craft mining amps, vehicles and other BP's to increase their skills. If they didn't there would be no mining amps or vehicles around left to buy. As a crafter myself, I only use EP if I need the ammo or if I need metal residue, and then i usually only use EP I or II and not for very long.

I could craft many weapons, however those weapons will not sell because the looted weapons are better.
It doesn't matter that all my weapons will be full TT from using metal residue, they still just sit there or i have to sell at near TT value which means a loss.

The real problem when doing all this though would be the new BP's ingredients. Crafters don't get an item each click of the BP...usually only about 35-40% of all clicks are a success. This makes cost to craft high especially when the hunters/miners start selling the ingredients at high MU. Not to mention all the new BP's coming out seem to be expensive on the AH so you have to take that into account as well.

So as a hunter, you have to be okay with going back to paying high weapon costs which is something they complained about a long time ago. Although you will get more MU on your loot, you end up paying that cost in the weapons. Don't expect 105 - 110% for a weapon anymore, most of those will be 140-150%, etc.
Would hate to see what the Marcorp Kallous and Piron weapons would go for since they are already around 130-150% depending on the level.

Not another one :confused:

Crafting was broken before EP's.

Removing EP's won't fix anything.

Rgds

Ace

ZPF has put it far better than I could. This I agree with.

Mindark needs to introduce (L) items actually worth crafting and overhaul loot tables to make crafting more appealing. Currently both hunters and miners have little to no need for crafters.

The economy feels dead. Whatever life it may appear to have is extremely superficial. In reality there is little to no demand for anything aside from UL gear, enhancers and (L) mining amps.

Mindark is focusing on attracting/recycling more players (by marketing, refining/adding content, bug fixes) who will theoretically give the economy a superficial boost. I say "recycling" because as new players are coming in, more players are leaving.

This economy is not built to handle growth from a sustainability standpoint. It seems they are putting very little effort into creating a functioning organic economy (ie: a balance of supply and demand).

From a development standpoint, it feels like Mindark's design philosophy has shifted. EU is no longer a virtual universe. It's just a game. I wonder if they have recently sought counsel from any professional economists? I doubt it. Maybe they did years ago, but nowadays they seem to be content with shared loot events, Christmas Mayhem and Explo Gamblers.

As long as Mindark keeps pushing out events and content to attract players and keep them logging in and spending money, EU will scrape by. But it continues to shift more and more towards nothing but a gambling game with a loose sci-fi theme, despite Bertha Bot's best attempts.

This is why people hate Explosive Crafting. Not so much because "removing it" will "fix the economy". But because it's indicative of a much, much larger issue. The progressive death of our economy, and the impending doom of our virtual universe.

Rgds

Ace

Last edited:
ZPF has put it far better than I could. This agree with.

Rgds

Ace
I saw this, and I agree with ZPF. Changed my mind, I guess. Maybe I'll edit the OP, but the main idea was never to want EPBPs gone. The real problem is professions being disconnected.

ZPF has put it far better than I could. This agree with.

Rgds

Ace

Who needs a "universe" when you can click ep4 on your phone, just think how much money MA can save and how much profit they can make not having to manage this pesky "universe" interface thingy! All the CLD holders can just log into check their ped flow center online :laugh:

Back