Ares Imp Faster Reload - On VSE

swampymonster

Old Alpha
Society
Gunslingers
Lil Swampy Monster
Do you guys think it improves the reload on the VSE?
IF not sure, any suggestions on how to test this?

thanks!

Simple, do 1 hour of repairing without ring, then 1 hour with the ring, see how much wire was consumed each time. Calculate the number of uses from it, if there is a difference - compare with the ring stat.

Simple, do 1 hour of repairing without ring, then 1 hour with the ring, see how much wire was consumed each time. Calculate the number of uses from it, if there is a difference - compare with the ring stat.

VSE is the sweat gun! Svarog needs more :coffee:

time 10 attempts with a stopwatch?

time 10 attempts with a stopwatch?

its tough to do this because when you get interrupted it starts over... Maybe I should do this with Synch on? So no interrupts in order to remove that variable?

I thought VSE means either sweating or repairing, but decided that sweaters don't use imp ares :laugh:

I am no ordinary sweater? :eyecrazy:

its tough to do this because when you get interrupted it starts over... Maybe I should do this with Synch on? So no interrupts in order to remove that variable?

I am no ordinary sweater? :eyecrazy:

Aim at wall and measure nr of "ticks" on the tool over lets say 3minutes (with stopwatch). Then do the same with ares imp equiped.

If i recall i have done this in the past and it did not speed the tool up but i am not 100% sure now since it was long ago.

Falagor
:bandit:

My impression from watching animation of the person next to me is that it does.
Not exactly a scientific method but enough to satiate my curiosity.

My impression from watching animation of the person next to me is that it does.
Not exactly a scientific method but enough to satiate my curiosity.

thank you for the feedback will find out soon enough!

Aim at wall and measure nr of "ticks" on the tool over lets say 3minutes (with stopwatch). Then do the same with ares imp equiped.

If i recall i have done this in the past and it did not speed the tool up but i am not 100% sure now since it was long ago.

Falagor

this is brilliant thank you...
I was trying to do this now iwth synch chip i bought on auction and its a hot mess

i guess ill find out soon enough

I asked support about Ares ring impact on mining excavators. They pointed out description which says something about improved combat, in other words - combat item reload only. So Im kinda sure that Ares and other rings with reload buff only improve hunting related items.

I asked support about Ares ring impact on mining excavators. They pointed out description which says something about improved combat, in other words - combat item reload only. So Im kinda sure that Ares and other rings with reload buff only improve hunting related items.

I just tried Falagor's idea for a test.

I did 3 mins and had 97 tickes with Imp Ares
Took the ring off and did 3 mins had 90 ticks...

90/97 = 1.08% (if u round up)

so It looks like the imp ares DOES make your VSE reload faster

which is awesome so I will be dropping off my regen ring and going with imp ares so I can skill up slightly faster!
thanks for the great idea Falagor

I just tried Falagor's idea for a test.

I did 3 mins and had 97 tickes with Imp Ares
Took the ring off and did 3 mins had 90 ticks...

90/97 = 1.08% (if u round up)

so It looks like the imp ares DOES make your VSE reload faster

which is awesome so I will be dropping off my regen ring and going with imp ares so I can skill up slightly faster!
thanks for the great idea Falagor

Cool :)

Falagor

I thought VSE means either sweating or repairing, but decided that sweaters don't use imp ares :laugh:
Lies. Uber sweaters use Ares Ring. You ain't cool unless you sweat with it. :cool:

Just wait until they introduce critical sweat attempts. :laugh:

At current rate, an ares loses in markup in a week more than a sweater makes in a month :silly2:
I bought Imp Ares for +4800. Don't remind me. :(

At current rate, an ares loses in markup in a week more than a sweater makes in a month :silly2:

2hrs to get 1k sweat ... +8% = 80 more sweat = 16 pecs
16 pecs *4 = .64 pecs.

Ares is 550 Ped on auction which is equal to about 10 Auds.
10 auds give you 10 pec a day.....

yah def better to buy imp ares if u are a sweater... more sweat more ped... better than Auds if you do even just 2 hrs of sweating a day.

that being said I couldnt care about the sweat, I just wanna level sweating faster! so 8% boost makes me happy

2hrs to get 1k sweat ... +8% = 80 more sweat = 16 pecs
16 pecs *4 = .64 pecs.

Ares is 550 Ped on auction which is equal to about 10 Auds.
10 auds give you 10 pec a day.....

yah def better to buy imp ares if u are a sweater... more sweat more ped... better than Auds if you do even just 2 hrs of sweating a day.

that being said I couldnt care about the sweat, I just wanna level sweating faster! so 8% boost makes me happy

dont forget die devaluation of the imp ares though. it will most likely drop to 400 peds or below just after christmas... that would mean you lose 150 ped of Markup in a little over a month. and also: more sweat means the price wil fall even further as well...

I believe they already work with healing tools, so that answer from support is misleading at best.

I believe they already work with healing tools, so that answer from support is misleading at best.

Yeah, I think they do.
From all the items healing ones are actually combat related, even if you can't do damage with them. The problem is poor information(how long do we have rings in this game?). That little buff icon should clearly state that combat item reload speed is improved, or item should have adjusted stats according to buff, just like it is when you attach scope/enhancer/amp to a gun. Maybe I am the only one, but "Faster reload" is faster reload, no matter what item you use.
Just my opinion. That is not even a problem compared to other issue right now.

Back