Life lessons 101 for dummies

Status

Yoshii Lem

Dominant
Banned
Really surprised that it is necessary to post this even 6 year old children can figure this one out but here goes:

If you poke a bear with a stick it will growl.

Instead of running around exclaiming in loud voices "Told you Yoshii growls!! We have proof!!"
Figure out which dumb ass thing you did that made me growl and stop doing it.

Why is it so important to keep the discussion here on PCF? I mean you all know eachother and most people here on PCF aren't that concerned about your in-house discussions.

Pew-pewing again soon I hope :D

On another note:
Reminding me 6 ways to Sunday that I have mental health issues does not negate that you have been a dumb-ass poking bear with stick :eyecrazy:

Forum lessons 101
Do not create meaningless threads in general discussion that only will lead to trolling, flaming and more unnecessary work for moderators.

Even a growling bear should know this.

If making very simple easy lesson turns into flame war or whatnot so be it at least the attempt was made to explain to dumb assess how they being stupid and maybe they should not do it.

If thread is so meaningless do not post and let it die its own natural death :)

2452866.jpg

Here is another one, if you play with fire expect to get burnt. Maybe heed your own advice. As people say, people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

'Twas an extremely cold winter. So cold, in fact, that birds were dropping dead to the ground.
So did one poor sparrow, it dropped to the ground and was close to its last breath.
Along came a horse and accidentally unloaded its dump on the poor sparrow.
The sparrow, regaining some warmth, started chirping happily.
A cat overheard it, came and ate the sparrow.

Lesson 1: Not everyone who shits on you is your enemy.
Lesson 2: Not everyone who takes you out of shit is your friend.
Lesson 3: If you're deep in shit, don't chirp.

'Twas an extremely cold winter. So cold, in fact, that birds were dropping dead to the ground.
So did one poor sparrow, it dropped to the ground and was close to its last breath.
Along came a horse and accidentally unloaded its dump on the poor sparrow.
The sparrow, regaining some warmth, started chirping happily.
A cat overheard it, came and ate the sparrow.

Lesson 1: Not everyone who shits on you is your enemy.
Lesson 2: Not everyone who takes you out of shit is your friend.
Lesson 3: If you're deep in shit, don't chirp.

Stealing for future use and very applicable to the situation.

Don't eat the chocolate candy from the cat's sand box.

Meanwhile, here is a Photo of some Bluebells, I think they look very pretty....

bluebells.jpg

Dirk

Meanwhile, here is a Photo of some Bluebells, I think they look very pretty....

bluebells.jpg

Dirk

(May wish to skip to 1:57 for this one.)

"Tell me what you see?"

"Some nice flowers"

And now for the serious bit:

I dont want Yoshii Lem to be banned because he is provocative. He might be in the wrong, as a planet dweller I dont have all the facts and I certainly haven't seen the deleted posts and PM's to make any kind of judgement call.

voltaire.jpg

I'd like the above to be considered though. It's important. Well, I think its important anyway.

Something is missing from the OP which must have been edited out since the first time I saw it, by someone with the power to not leave a public trace. I will respond to it anyway, if this gets deleted it has already gone by email notification to whom it concerns.

The last time we learned of someone with certain problems being allowed to be captain of an airplane it ended in tragedy. Now this is a friggin' game and we need not take everything so damn serious. But I often question the wisdom of playing a very high profile in a community when living under such a handicap. There is a high risk of doing yourself even more harm, mentally. When used in the right way, a game with a community attached (or a community with a game backdrop, if you will) can be a great tool to improve a challenged life which didn't exist only a few years ago. Choose wisely.

I apologize if I misunderstood something.

Those in the wrong read this forum so I know they getting the message.

I understand the concept not everyone pooping on you has bad intent lololol Sparrow story illustrates that well.

As for glass houses that is my point people throwing rocks at me for sure do live in them so maybe they want to rethink their stupidity and stop.

Some more life lessons 101:
Do not make vague threats. It is much better to be specific. Unless of course you already were and you turned out to be not much more then roaring mouse with your threats. In that case give it up. Remember you are battling with crazy here! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Keep in mind most crazy people have probably had contact with several therapists. Do not lie about being such as a ruse to manipulate the situation.

Reminding someone in public chats that they have mental illness is a tawdry trick to misdirect from your bad behavior.

Easiest way to understand crazy is this: They probably know truth and reality a great deal more then you expect and in battle you cannot predict what will happen. Think "Loose canon". Throw away your war books that talk about rational state actors. Does not apply. :D

Reminding someone in public chats that they have mental illness is a tawdry trick to misdirect from your bad behavior.

Au contraire :laugh:

When a pvp player who constantly provokes other players (in words and deeds) and is unable to stop it - even though he cant handle the unavoidable backlash - starts blaming mental illness as the reason for behaving 'crazy' and hopes that suddendly everyone will just leave him alone - that is some wierd shit.
If that player would stop provoking others, he probably could hope to be left alone - but hoping that others wont pick on his 'mental illness' when he himself mentions it in public chats every day is illogic.

If one is mentally ill and tells it to everyone, maybe that person shouldnt try to be a 'leader' in a social environment and maybe that person shouldnt 'command' a battle ship either. Stepping out in public , especially if representing the interests of a whole faction always means to carry responsibility for oneself and the faction and to be aware of the consequences from acting irresponsibly.
A mentally ill person makes the own life and those of others incredibly hard when taking a role of responsibility and continuously letting everyone down.

A mentally ill person cant probably see the issue of using the claim of mental illness as a weapon of attack and defence at the same time thought.

Bit of sobriety on the matter would be refreshing.

Last edited:
Bit of sobriety on the matter would be refreshing.

This is my fault. Let me clarify.

I wasn't planning on posting here, as it will undoubtedly cause a lot more drama and arguments, which was the very thing I was trying to solve. More fool me.

Yoshii often talks of her illness publicly, which is her right to do so. It is often however used as an excuse for her actions, which again, is no bodies business but her own.

There was a spat in space where the trash talking got way out of hand, myself included.

I found myself in the position where I was feeling more and more conflicted in arguing with someone who has self declared as being mentally ill. I was finding it difficult to continue the trash talk with someone I knew was unwell, particularly when it got as heated as it did. I asked if she was currently unwell, and that maybe it would be more wise for us to continue our chat in private, with someone that she trusts there as support.

I naively thought I could in someway try to resolve this situation, more fool me. In reality the conversation went no where.

I genuinely meant well, I thought I could help, in reality I couldn't. Not to counsel her, I am definitely the wrong person for that, but to try and resolve the current mess

I have learned from this that I cant always fix things and that a good deed never goes unpunished. I know now to keep my mouth shut during smack talk, as it brings out the worst in everyone, which is something I regret.

Yoshii, If you were hurt by anything I said during the spat, I apologise, it was never my intention. We both wished each other well in private chat in the end, and I take this as a conclusion to the matter and I certainly wont be broaching the subject again.

Last edited:
Let me clarify.

I am only an innocent reader of this, didn't even witnessed the discussion. Nor was I aware of the context. At first read, it seemed like the person in discussion is anyone but the op and that was my take. I apologize if my post seemed like defending her. After getting these insights, I can surely say I cannot empathize with someone using own condition as excuse or marketing. And I am 150% sure I will not visit this thread again. I saw mental illness in action against dear persons and using that is, for me, beyond limits. Even if is about own personna, that is not a right.

Yes, I fully understand how things can get out of hand in a heated discussion, don't blame yourself.

Peace and out.

P.S.: please edit the quote of my post.

Have never used my mental illness as excuse for being let off hook for anything. Have never used my mental health problems to take any kind of advantage.

Lets be clear Alainax Bonnie Knight it was YOU who blasted in mind ark Space travel about my mental health issues. That is on you doing that. You blast it in there I have mental health issues and then you criticize me and say oh yeah that is Yoshii choice to be public and talk about her mental illness. Well Alainax Bonnie knight it was YOU who told everyone in mind ark public Space travel about my mental health issues. Anyone who wants proof pm me I be glad to send you links that prove it was Alainax Bonnie Knight who blasted in public about my mental health issues.

Yes I am open about my mental problems so that when I stumble around and forget things people do not have to think I disregard and disrespect. It is not about getting away with anything trust me I do not get a free pass with anything while people who pummel me and Varyag are allowed to freely lie and slander. Oh well as people often say anyone who tells you life is fair is trying to sell you something.
As for the other night Alaina Bonnie Knight it was YOU who brought up my mental health. Plenty of people saw that and confirming to me yes absolutely was you that brought it up.

Very interesting John Black Knight that you speculate people with mental health issues should not be in command of a ship do keep in mind this is a game not real life and there are people with no mental health issues that on their best days would far more destructive then me on my worst days. Do you really believe what you wrote or are you making joke? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Very interesting John Black Knight that you speculate people with mental health issues should not be in command of a ship do keep in mind this is a game not real life and there are people with no mental health issues that on their best days would far more destructive then me on my worst days. Do you really believe what you wrote or are you making joke? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

As far as i can see i didnt name you in what i wrote above - if you feel called out thats you.
Yes i do believe that anyone ingame should consider that behind every avatar there is a real person and what it means to take responsibility for something be it a ship, a soc, a faction, etc.

Of course people should be responsible.
This is my big frustration. People are okay with misinformation lies and slander and then when I stand up and call them out on it they get all flustered and angry and tell me that I am in the wrong.

It is my right to call anyone out who misinforms, lies, slanders. Period full stop. You can pretend all you want that it is me who is the problem you are doing that for your ego your pride your business model whatever.

I WILL NOT ROLL
I WILL NOT GIVE IN

So there are 2 choices. Stop spreading misinformation, lies, slander.
Stop interfering with Varyag crew (Yes, you know who you are that do this)

OR

We can keep on fighting

I really like what you said there Norbert :)

All of us combatants ought to take heed of your very sensible advice :)

Just want to reassure everyone (given you may naturally wonder about me with my mental health issues) that even if you my greatest foe it is my hope all of us stay in the game.

As for your real lives whatever fighting is going on ingame from my heart I wish everyone health, happiness and may you all live to great age surrounded by loved ones.

Just want everyone clear on that. I will be fierce calling you out when you cross me unfair but for real I wish everyone a good and happy life.

grammar_nazi.jpg

Only some pirate tears can save this thread :(

Status
Back