Question: The big space update

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
In the next 3 weeks, before Christmas there will be a big VU. Part of it will be the Merry Mayhem stuff, but we are expecting a huge Space update.
Obviously the long awaiting Galactic Transport Missions will be there, but what else do you predict will be in this space update?

Some suggest space mining and new ships?

I look forward to your thoughts.

I expect the next VU to bring purple-brown polka-dot jumpsuits.

shields for spacecrafts
a range of repairtools from lvl 10 to lvl100
reduced ammo cost in space pvp
a flexible mission system which not only assigns transport missions but also intercept/bounty/support and exploration missions
reduced warp speed
increased distance between planets or reduced subwarp speed for all vehicles
a flag that indicates which ships carry cargo and which dont

I look forward to your thoughts.

I asked for 3 improvements to the Entropia I joined in 2006 (that I can remember anyway)

Window mode (arrived late 2006)
Ignore mode for people spamming local with abuse (arrived 2009)
In-built screenshot function (arrived 2016)

I'm happy now and I'm more than happy for the space dwellers to get their long awaited space update.

I dont think the space update will make them as happy as they are expecting though.

But it'll be an improvement, and I look forward to it.

It's time. :xmas:

No update for space this VU, with all the events being catered for throughout the universe, Xmas gifts, decorations and other stuff that PP want their won't er it room for space update.

Totally scrap space; make planets-continents; make motherships-ocean liners; make privateers-yachts; make equus- cigarette boats, make quads-speedboats, slepniers-dinghy's; introduce submarines. Make all continents equal distance from calypso, make hangars ports. Just an idea :eyecrazy:

No update for space this VU, with all the events being catered for throughout the universe, Xmas gifts, decorations and other stuff that PP want their won't er it room for space update.

There is Merry Mayhem and the Xmas sale also to consider, Xmas gifts (if we have been good) and the Xmas decorations (Twin peaks tree etc).

I think the Space update will be next year personally, Christmas day is just over 3 weeks away after all so a lot of people wont be at their desks to fix issues.

If we get any space update this year, it will be rideable in space unicorns for Xmas.

its joke right?

Space will be liquified so that you could finally put your Naglfar to a good use and sink the Bismarck... :yay::yay::yay:

If we're lucky (and I mean REALLY lucky), we might get some Space Strongboxes in the web shop.

Inside will be space themed clothes, auto-loot space pills and of course, Space Ring 2016.

Instead of universal ammo, it will contain universal nanocubes. No, you can't TT them. You have to use them for EP crafting :wise:

This will surely get us excited for the upcoming Space VU in 2020!

If we get any space update this year, it will be rideable in space unicorns for Xmas.

Will they be rainbow farting powered unicorns that shoots beams of love?

I am all for galactic clothing and some space mob textures and paints.

In the next 3 weeks, before Christmas there will be a big VU. Part of it will be the Merry Mayhem stuff, but we are expecting a huge Space update.
Obviously the long awaiting Galactic Transport Missions will be there, ...

Did I miss an announcement?

Just FYI, I was told space update will be after the conclusion of MM.

Would be a nice Christmas pressie :)

Did I miss an announcement?

I'm wondering the same thing. Was there a formal announcement that I missed?

I'm wondering the same thing. Was there a formal announcement that I missed?
You mean this one ? ;)
[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2016[/h]
Space
Later in the year, we will turn our primary focus to the development of content and systems for space. Some of the space projects on our radar include:
Galactic transport & space missions.
Space vessels - improved balance, modules, upgrades and new ship classes.
PVE space content, including new space creatures.
Improved PVP space gameplay and balance.
Originally Posted Here

Pretty late in the year now :)

You mean this one ? ;)

Well, there is a key word here.

State of the Universe Address 2016

Space
Later in the year, we will turn our primary focus to the development of content and systems for space. Some of the space projects on our radar include:
Galactic transport & space missions.
Space vessels - improved balance, modules, upgrades and new ship classes.
PVE space content, including new space creatures.
Improved PVP space gameplay and balance.

So if they did start this month we may see something new in space in 2021. :)

You mean this one ? ;)

They said precisely: "Later in the year, we will turn our primary focus to..."

Which means, they would be about to begin focussing on it. Nothing in there clues to when it might be done.

Francisco d'Anconia: "James, you ought to discover some day that words have an exact meaning."

Re reading thread even better then I realized! Getting rid of space would land me an ocean liner :yay:
Cruises and food and drinking and partying! :cool:
whats not to like? Bring it on! :yup:

Focus on space will bring xmas trees to all space stations.

:D

Nooooo don't give them ideas! To put a Christmas tree on space stations will surely lead to elves on shelves on reactors, a wormhole looping Christmas music with no regard to space time and locusta with festive jumpers on!

( ok secretly id love that)

It's always tense time when there's a change in the matrix in space... it's a race against time to find what is broke before it finds you!

It only says they will "turn their focus" to space... Clever wording ;)

Of course there is always somewhere a loophole when it comes to words - like 'hope' see below ;)
Somehow the section about space development was inadvertently omitted from the State of the Universe Address. Apologies for any confusion or panic this ommission may have caused. Space is definitely part of our development roadmap for 2013, rest assured.

I have added the following section to the Entropia Universe Buzz article-

Space
In the State of the Universe Address 2012, we mentioned plans for expanding and improving space. Several other projects received higher priority in 2012, resulting in the plans for space development being pushed forward to mid-2013. The early focus will be on addressing several issues that currently allow for practically risk-free travel between planets. Space combat and weapons will also be adjusted to improve hunting space creatures and ship to ship PVP combat. Towards the end of the year, we hope to implement several completely new features to space, perhaps even space mining.

Back