Planet Calypso Content Release 2016.4

One landowner who recently put snarg on his land is jumping up and down.in joy now. No love for.my mourner though. They may soon go extinct.

Brilliant end-of-year action. Statues LOL

I foresee some egos being boosted.
Love the new TP and new missions, as I love all new noob stuff :D
Can't wait to get started

Turns out you don't have to be a living legend or have epic skills in the game to get immortalized, you can just buy yourself a statue on your Day 1 if you have enough peds.

Want to bet that Jacobs takes out loans to buy every single one of them? LOL

deactivated

Last edited:
GREEN DOTS ARE BACK :yay:

Can't believe after all this time we can hunt GDs again, almost makes me want to go back to caly for a bit.

I want to buy a statue for Wirlo :lolup:

Or maybe buy a statue for Belza, or ask Belza yourself what happened in the past between those 2 to make Helena's situation happen

They polished a few things....Polished Chrome Texture???

Fantastic pvp update for the pvp elite, verry verry bad update for pvp miners and pvp starter-midrange players.

Interesting update. Im interested if this was intended to incentivise being ubers a little bit again?

Reactions: das
It would be nice to put some return on those statues. For example viewing fee ;)

Fantastic pvp update for the pvp elite, verry verry bad update for pvp miners and pvp starter-midrange players.

Interesting update. Im interested if this was intended to incentivise being ubers a little bit again?

I disagree, GDs back mean miners and hunters have a chance to escape. With no radar you don't know when you are in trouble until someone is shooting you. It does make it a bit easier to find people, but pvpers are not the ones in predictable areas making a bunch of noise.

IMO youre completely wrong :)

The miners gets 400 meters range and headsup for when the pradtor is looking for them.....Before they didnt know since they didnt see the PK come and was easy target for a routined PVP ava.

Now escaping is easier then ever + all has same chance of seing eachother so can literally choose if they wanna fight or no

//Linzey

IMO youre completely wrong :)

The miners gets 400 meters range and headsup for when the pradtor is looking for them.....Before they didnt know since they didnt see the PK come and was easy target for a routined PVP ava.

Now escaping is easier then ever + all has same chance of seing eachother so can literally choose if they wanna fight or no

//Linzey

yes, hunter can easy make missions without being stalked,
and no more stalkers who loot 500p from guy who dig lyst in pvp :)

Amazing work Mindark.
One of the best updates this year.
Keep up the good work

+++

Exactly as predicted. More updates to the new player experience, more upgrade missions and more silly cash grab schemes like player statues.

New mining missions though! Me like! :wtg:

And they fixed the storage bug :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

(which they did create in the first place)

You gave them the ideea with the statues ? How pathetic is that from you, to take the Planet Cyrene credits for this ? They were the first ones to think about statues for players. They payed something back to the pioneers who helped Cyrene to grow and develop so nicely. But MA is always after money, they will monetize everything :laugh:

Make your personal hate for me unbiased on your opinion.

I didnt take Cyrene's Ideas, your such beloved planet, who has statues of few exploiters there, so you should look on your own words and statement before you call others pathetic while you're a exploiter sympathizer...
Also Cyrene is grown and developed?
Last I checkec market is next to non existent and only some mobs keep being hunted over and over, and the population is low since there's so much lost potential.

However...

If you didnt know Memorial Island, way back had a monument for Summer Girl, it was one of the most amazing spots to visit back in the days. I got no idea why it got "lost" in time.

I gave sugestion as Statue since TP seems to be overused right now, and overawarded, soon all looked like it'd be changed or given away for playres to change.

These sort of monuments and such are seen on some games at least to honor some players efforts, achievements and even longevity, i gave a good example of a good friend of mine, and the comunity happilly responded and tought it would be a great idea.

Raising a statue for yourself i find a silly thing to do, unless people really want the recognition for it, I cant feel this being a good Winter Sale like they usually do.

Finally i have in inventory an item to upgrade - sold my maddox just before and my boar set just before that update. the tp chip II upgrade - not gonna get my hopes too high.

the new missions look ok - i wanted combibo bronze since i completed iron in like 2007 or so. and the kerberos seems like it should have been there all along

the statue thing - should be rewards for famous players - like mercury and divinity - lightyear and deathifier

(i met a person once and happened to glance at his phone and there was a picture of himself on it - im like yeah he would buy one of these statues:)

if i see 10 neverdie statues im leaving eu forever

Make your personal hate for me unbiased on your opinion.

I didnt take Cyrene's Ideas, your such beloved planet, who has statues of few exploiters there, so you should look on your own words and statement before you call others pathetic while you're a exploiter sympathizer...
Also Cyrene is grown and developed?
Last I checkec market is next to non existent and only some mobs keep being hunted over and over, and the population is low since there's so much lost potential.
[...]

You say I hate you but you -rep me after my post in this thread :laugh:
I never -rep you even you ''believe'' I hate you. This say some things about you and your fake personality.

What triggers the event?

subscribing

I like the idea of statues.
And with it I have some suggestions - trained pigeons & graffiti spray paint.
MA could even charge for their use.

And the ego driven owners of such statues - they could pay to have their statues cleaned (for a fee of course)

Talk about a win win situation

You say I hate you but you -rep me after my post in this thread :laugh:
I never -rep you even you ''believe'' I hate you. This say some things about you and your fake personality.

i dont do it often too but your posts are just blinded by hate nothing else.
Thats why i did it.
If wasnt hate, is some personal thing that you have about me to hate me because of your so beloved cyrene.
However I didnt hide it, yes I did -rep you telling you to open your eyes before posting

trained pigeons

And the ego driven owners of such statues - they could pay to have their statues cleaned (for a fee of course)

Cleaning would be disadvantageous - who has the biggest pile of shit on top of their statue, wins the publicity contest.

I hope you do not touch yourself thinking about me manique :swoon:

i think its good content, the npe area feels like starwars sand dunes.

but for now i wish mindark to stop expanding the npe as there is quiet some content now and finish the avatar system instead.

remember the interview with kim calypso where he said that the ava system "could have used more time" admitting that it was never really finished but rather rushed into the game, probably cause of time issues.

the avatar system caused alot MU to go out of the game and made alot people to leave specially the ones who played eu for the design and textures and clothes etc. important players who bought the endproducts crafted with loot and took a good part in economy.

id like to see that system being finished and levelled up in quality next.

I think it is a bad idea to discourage people who would like to purchase a statue (for whatever reason)

The Equus sale of 2014 was slow, but they all did sell eventually.
The 'invisible armor' sale of 2015 was even slower, and I dont think they all did sell.

If people want to purchase a statue, let them, it's their money and if Christmas sales dont sell as well as MA hope it either means worse loot, nerfs or even worse possible outcomes for the rest of us.

(I'm just wondering whether to have a VSE MK1 equipped or not in my one) :xwink:

Back