Help: Understanding ammo levels,

Crashdodgers

Young
Society
TRF2
AlexsandraRose Silva
Hi, I am new to this game so it is going to take some time to understand everything. But having said that I am some what confused by ammo levels, i.e. the level/amount of ammo in my carried inventory and the amount available to use, i.e. my carried inventory says 36k power cells, weapon says 150 rounds.

Now I know that weapons have a limit to how much they can carry, but I keep finding that I am running out of ammo in my weapon, but still having a large amount of ammo in my carried inventory, which dose not make any sense at all to me as I always thought that the amount in my carried inventory was the full total of my ammo supply.

well, there is no limit of ammo, just ammo is 3 types,

Weapon cells ,BLP Pack and Universal ammo.

so if you have Weapon Cells and uour gun is BLP type, yoy will be shown 0, because you need right type of ammo.

But your problem is, that you see 170 rounds and your gun is using xxxx ammount of cells , so if you have 67000 ammo divide by usage xxxx and you get how manny shots you have.

Look at the gun's info, you will see what kind of ammo it uses ("Ammo type") and how many per shot ("Ammo burn").

if you have 1.000.000 ammo of a certain type (energy, blp, explosive, universal)and your gun burns 1.000 ammo of the very same type per shot, then this translates into 1.000 shots (rounds) you may do with your gun.

another gun may burn 500 ammo of the very same type, so this translates to 2.000 shots (rounds) given by your 1.000.000 ammo stack.

some loot contains ammo, so this adds to your ammo stack and the number of shots you can fire, if it is ammo of the right type.

guns vary in their decay and ammo consumption.
some consume more ammo and decay less. other guns are the other way around.
only the sum of both give you the correct cost per shot (round).

and to make it even more complicated:
limited (L) guns have a markup on their trade terminal value (MU), e.g. 110%.
this raises the decay costs in your ammo+decay calculation.

thank you all for the information on this subject, it all makes sense, except for one thing that I still do not understand and that is how can my weapon say 0 ammo, but but my innovatory say something like 1000k of ammo.:confused:

thank you all for the information on this subject, it all makes sense, except for one thing that I still do not understand and that is how can my weapon say 0 ammo, but but my innovatory say something like 1000k of ammo.:confused:

look at the item info screens of the gun... it probably uses x amount of ammo per shot. When you still have ammo but not x amount it'll show zero.

look at the item info screens of the gun... it probably uses x amount of ammo per shot. When you still have ammo but not x amount it'll show zero.

Thank you for the explanation, all thou I understand what you said, it still dose not make sense, but again thank you.

There is another thing you should know :)

Mixed ammo types:

Asume your weapon use 1000/shot
If you have 100k Universal Ammo + 500k other ammo for your weapon then only the universal ammo (burnt first) is shown as 100 shots left.
As soon you have not enough Uni Ammo for another shot, the display switch to the comon ammo, what would be another 500 shots in this case.

So even if you know that you have 600 shots of ammo, this will not be displayed any time :)

Back