Merry Mayhem 2016

well if we tried something that needed intelligence or effort in finding something or solving clues the solutions would get posted on a forum and everyone would complete it easily and demand a prize :laugh:

besides that wouldn't encourage people to deposit a shit load of $$$ to compete.

As for the 25% mining chance if it's currently 1 in 1000 or 0.1% then this would make it 1.25 in a 1000 or 0.125% without knowing the original odds a 25% increase is meaningless.

It follows that what we need is dynamic challenges to our intelligence. I will add that the challenges should scale individually with each player's progress through chains of challenge intensity, because dumb people play this game too.

well if we tried something that needed intelligence or effort in finding something or solving clues the solutions would get posted on a forum and everyone would complete it easily and demand a prize :laugh:

besides that wouldn't encourage people to deposit a shit load of $$$ to compete.

As for the 25% mining chance if it's currently 1 in 1000 or 0.1% then this would make it 1.25 in a 1000 or 0.125% without knowing the original odds a 25% increase is meaningless.

I'm just busting MA's balls. Obviously these events will never change, and probably shouldn't. But while turnover is important, "fun" is also an important factor in keeping players happy. Would love to see some "fun" events every now and then :dunce:

The problem is it's impossible to know if the ring actually does what it says it does without a gargantuan sample size :laugh: but a heavy grinder should be able to feel the difference if it's actually 25%.

Have you noticed huge difference in Bonus prices?

Bonus Prizes MM 2015
◾500 Points - 50 PED Universal Ammo
◾2000 Points - 200 PED Universal Ammo
◾5000 Points - 500 PED Universal Ammo
◾7500 Points - 750 PED Universal Ammo
◾10000 Points - 1000 PED Universal Ammo

TOTAL at 10k points 2500 ped reward UA

vs

Bonus Prizes MM 2016
◾500 Points - 25 PED Universal Ammo
◾2000 Points - 75 PED Universal Ammo
◾5000 Points - 150 PED Universal Ammo
◾10000 Points - 250 PED Universal Ammo
◾20000 Points - 500 PED Universal Ammo

TOTAL at 10k points 500 ped reward UA

I'm off. Single reason to keep shooting was this reward. Now is gone...

What Mega said, no drama.

Last edited:

Bonus Prizes MM 2015

vs

Bonus Prizes MM 2016

Mindark didnt make any money from Merry Mayhem 2015 (they may even have made a loss on the event), the fact there wasn't a CLD payout the following week showed this - they had to reign it back to a more manageable reward structure.

Bonus Prizes MM 2015

vs

Bonus Prizes MM 2016

I never finished MM 2015, did some hours but not more, so no reward to me.
But as you mention here, with that calculation, you mean someone who had 10k
points also got reward for 7.5k points, 5k points and so on?

I never finished MM 2015, did some hours but not more, so no reward to me.
But as you mention here, with that calculation, you mean someone who had 10k
points also got reward for 7.5k points, 5k points and so on?

Exactly. I claimed all the 2.5k ped of ammo and first time ever broke even in a Mayhem :). But it was clear that that kind of bonus will never happen again.

Btw, you don't have to do 40 hours for the ammo bonus, only for the main rewards.

Exactly. I claimed all the 2.5k ped of ammo and first time ever broke even in a Mayhem :). But it was clear that that kind of bonus will never happen again.

Btw, you don't have to do 40 hours for the ammo bonus, only for the main rewards.

Doubt I had managed to get any reward anyway. :p

No wonder they failed last year then, since there is obviously a flaw in that rewardsystem they had.
First you do 500pts and get 50ped (0.10ped per pt), then you do another 1500pts and get 200ped
(~0.134 per pt), next 3000pts gives 500ped (0.167ped per pt), continuing with another 2500pts
that gives 750ped (0.30 ped per pt), ending with another 2500p that gives 1k ped (0.40ped per pt).
Rewards should increase in per cent per step to make it interesting, but not as much as this imo.
Rewards should also only been paid out once at end, when reaching a certain level.

Return of the categories is the only way I will ever participate and only if one weapon can only be used once in an event.

Mindark didnt make any money from Merry Mayhem 2015 (they may even have made a loss on the event), the fact there wasn't a CLD payout the following week showed this - they had to reign it back to a more manageable reward structure.

Oh, Im so sad to hear that. I also made no money on MM 2015... And I have got full 2500 PED UA reward quite fast as I looted a 5k points star. The 5 times bonus reward reduction is a very big difference vs 2015.

Anyhow, a rhetorical question comes into my mind: If I made no money when MA was loosing, what to expect when MA is willing to make profit?

No idea what he said, but very glad 'lethall' is on my ignore list......damn that's a great forum option!!!

SOOTO's on calypso were so damn rare that a 25% increase would not be noticed. Whereas SOOTO on arkadia were a lot more common, all those containters, so could be fun there. (If the drop rate is still the same on arkadia)

Rgds

Ace

Oh, Im so sad to hear that. I also made no money on MM 2015... And I have got full 2500 PED UA reward quite fast as I looted a 5k points star. The 5 times bonus reward reduction is a very big difference vs 2015.

Anyhow, a rhetorical question comes into my mind: If I made no money when MA was loosing, what to expect when MA is willing to make profit?

Ofc did MA profit from event, since ingame values has shit to do with that or not.
They make profit from RL values. Only time they lose is when people withdraw.
They can increase and decrease ingame value as much as they want, but both
ways can have a really negative impact on RL economy for the company.
The only ones having losses are some players who joined the event.
CLD owners didn't profit from event, but they were never told that they were the
ones sponsring the bonuses either.
Now we know how MA think, and that for sure hurt them in a economic p.o.v.

IMO it was an amazing event with alot of participants, that cld owners that dont take any risk at loosing had one week from many years without income but that the players shooting had great fun and big participation must be alot bigger gain longterm then the 3-4 peds for a cld owner or for MA.

I wish they made more decisions investing in fun and playeractivities.

Its not a god given right to earn money every week just because you own a cld and I love that the calypso team dared to go that wild as they did.

//Linzey

PS: you as a player or the cldowners isnt paying anything, the only potential paying is calypso/MA.

IMO it was an amazing event with alot of participants, that cld owners that dont take any risk at loosing had one week from many years without income but that the players shooting had great fun and big participation must be alot bigger gain longterm then the 3-4 peds for a cld owner or for MA.

I wish they made more decisions investing in fun and playeractivities.

Its not a god given right to earn money every week just because you own a cld and I love that the calypso team dared to go that wild as they did.

//Linzey

PS: you as a player or the cldowners isnt paying anything, the only potential paying is calypso/MA.

Me as a ordinary player with CLDs pay a s**tload of RL cash to be able to play, since I'm not
one of those who can live from EU ingame income.
CLD dividend keep me active, on a lower level though, those weeks I can't depo.
Without that extra from CLDs I'm 100% sure that my depos over the years had been way lower.
I can afford way more today, but since there is no way to trust in what MA do, imo it's just
a waste of RL cash to depo more.
I also know others thinking and doing exact same as me, so stop this BS that most CLD owners just
sit on their ass collecting profit, we don't.
Was, and is, MM the only event they use CLD dividend as funding for rewards and bonuses? Doubt it.

What pisses me off is that when MA f*** up in their thinking, they can't take their responsibility and
take the "loss" they created, and instead players have to pay for it.

If that bonus was the only reason to have fun in the event, then maybe people should start doing their
math, and using stuff that fits each avatar vs target, and maybe , just maybe their ingame losses will
be lower.
I'm shooting and losing quite often, still having fun most of time, since I see it as entertainment... so far.

Me as a ordinary player with CLDs pay a s**tload of RL cash to be able to play, since I'm not
Without that extra from CLDs I'm 100% sure that my depos over the years had been way lower.
I can afford way more today, but since there is no way to trust in what MA do, imo it's just
I also know others thinking and doing exact same as me, so stop this BS that most CLD owners just
Was, and is, MM the only event they use CLD dividend as funding for rewards and bonuses? Doubt it.

What pisses me off is that when MA f*** up in their thinking, they can't take their responsibility and

If that bonus was the only reason to have fun in the event, then maybe people should start doing their
math, and using stuff that fits each avatar vs target, and maybe , just maybe their ingame losses will
be lower.
I'm shooting and losing quite often, still having fun most of time, since I see it as entertainment... so far.

Well, you dont risk to lose anything, they do.

The game as a whole needs attention and specifically not investors or resellers or estateholders but the players. This event last year had amazing attention and people had fun and opportunities to earn something.

Theres no stealing from anybody, the clds have allready payed back themself and doubled their value. The players lose constant and all stuff ingame has lost value. Whos the most important to look after??

be lower.

It's a shame that you don't know what clds entitle you to or what they are it seems except holding them gets you peds.

Clds are a share of calypso revenue. Planet partners pay mindark for distribution of prizes and pays for quests/rewards. So, if they overpaid in bonuses, calypso has little to no revenue and nothing to pass on to cld owners.

So yea, many things wrong with your statement...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL! my post was deleted! i complain! u cant do that as player! just depo so MA can steal your money! BUT no complain! this forum is here just to help MA steal more!

Some day you will look back at your posts and realize how much of a tool you were. There's a fine line between complaining and being a super special snowflake/drama queen who is not capable of doing anything but bitch. This forum is for people to have at least a semi-intelligent discussion on entropia universe. You do not meet those requirements (in fact you break the eula).

Well, you dont risk to lose anything, they do.

The game as a whole needs attention and specifically not investors or resellers or estateholders but the players. This event last year had amazing attention and people had fun and opportunities to earn something.

Theres no stealing from anybody, the clds have allready payed back themself and doubled their value. The players lose constant and all stuff ingame has lost value. Whos the most important to look after??

You didn't get it did you?
Do you really think vast majority of CLD owners having a sh**load of them?
How many of those spend their dividend again, and how many can play without depos?
Do you really believe more "money" had been in EU if Caly had been runned
by a PP developer which had removed same values as deed holders get?

I most definitely agree EU need way more players and less investors, but if you believe majority
of CLD owners are more investors than player, I think you are way off.

It's more to it than just the first step that seems obvious.

It's a shame that you don't know what clds entitle you to or what they are it seems except holding them gets you peds.

Clds are a share of calypso revenue. Planet partners pay mindark for distribution of prizes and pays for quests/rewards. So, if they overpaid in bonuses, calypso has little to no revenue and nothing to pass on to cld owners.

So yea, many things wrong with your statement...

Obvious that MA don't know from what the CLD dividend comes, and some others...
A dividend from a CLD is based on GROSS REVENUE, not sales revenue.
MA get 50% of that gross revenue, with which they can do whatever they want.
If their sales revenue has a loss higher than their own part of the gross revenue they just can't go
and take it from CLD owners, due to they f***ed up.

Last edited:
Can a player loot a christmas ring during event ?
Even a (L) one or some fun item ?

Can a player loot a christmas ring during event ?
Even a (L) one or some fun item ?

I suspect it's a rhetoric question but no, can't loot rings, even L. They come only from strongboxes and events rewards.

So no ped reward at al for FFA? Only way to get some back is to sell the points :-(
And the stage rewards for singel is a joke now. Big lost like time this year it will be bigger :-(

Am wondering, has anyone in other of the lower cat ever won any prizes in these combined prizes events? Or is it

Or isit always those in Cat 5 who win everytime?

Just wondering if it's even worth taking part in these sort of events if you can't handle the top cat mobs......

Am wondering, has anyone in other of the lower cat ever won any prizes in these combined prizes events? Or is it

Or isit always those in Cat 5 who win everytime?

Just wondering if it's even worth taking part in these sort of events if you can't handle the top cat mobs......

At least a Solo3 and a Solo 4 got to the winning list last year. Mind you there was only one edition of mayhem with this format. This is the second. The 1st place in FFA didn't even hunt much, IIRC.

At least a Solo3 and a Solo 4 got to the winning list last year. Mind you there was only one edition of mayhem with this format. This is the second. The 1st place in FFA didn't even hunt much, IIRC.

Good to know. So there is some hope for the "lesser mortals" in this event ;)

I am dissapointed in reduced rewards for reaching various point stages.
First 10k points are worth 500ped and than second 10k point is worth whooping 250ped... so value of points acctualy drops?!? wow

Compared to last year this is an easy fix to keep Calypso and deeds profitable... my suggestion for way better fix would be keep prizes BIG and reduce drop rate of stars...
Players just wont have motivation to grind second 10k points for so small rewards...

Second no guranteed value for FFA stars will probably just make them worthless... last year players were buying them just under price for universal ammo... so what will this year value be? 1pec per point?

I am dissapointed in reduced rewards for reaching various point stages.
First 10k points are worth 500ped and than second 10k point is worth whooping 250ped... so value of points acctualy drops?!? wow

Compared to last year this is an easy fix to keep Calypso and deeds profitable... my suggestion for way better fix would be keep prizes BIG and reduce drop rate of stars...
Players just wont have motivation to grind second 10k points for so small rewards...

Second no guranteed value for FFA stars will probably just make them worthless... last year players were buying them just under price for universal ammo... so what will this year value be? 1pec per point?

Depends on how you look at it.
First 500pts = 25ped (0.05ped per pt)
Next 1500pts = 75ped (0.05ped per pt)
Next 3000pts = 150ped (0.05ped per pt)
Next 5000pts = 250ped (0.05ped per pt)
Next 10000pts = 500ped (0.05ped per pt)
So no, it is the same value per point the whole way to 20k reward.

Depends on how you look at it.
First 500pts = 25ped (0.05ped per pt)
Next 1500pts = 75ped (0.05ped per pt)
Next 3000pts = 150ped (0.05ped per pt)
Next 5000pts = 250ped (0.05ped per pt)
Next 10000pts = 500ped (0.05ped per pt)
So no, it is the same value per point the whole way to 20k reward.

yeah you are correct.... i take it back

but still not realy big motivation:) i hope we can agree on that

as i said earlier it would feel better if point drops would be less common but rewards would stay big... i understand its harder to do and test it... this what we have atm seems like a quick fix

It would be nice if Mindark tried creating a better incentive for low-mid level players to do these events, since it is proven many years now that it is hopeless to try to compete to win these top prizes if you are not top ranked players. This is not wrong since uber players that invested a lot should be rewarded and have a high chance of winning the prizes, but there must exist better reasons for everyone else to do these events.

I think most of us feel that there is no point in doing this event because mayhem items that drop are capped and majority of loot is either shrapnel or low markup. Now that the Universal ammo is removed from FFA and decreased at solo, what is the point of even entering if you do not have a chance at winning? These are a few suggestions that I could think of that would increase event-activity without ruining the competitive part of it:

1) Why not make half of the unique items presented each event random loot. For example each instance level could have an unique item that is guaranteed to drop during the event. This would increase the hype and make the lower instances seem more worthwile doing.

2) A small skill increase bonus inside the instances would motivate a lot of players to do the events, especially those that do the whole 40 hours.

3) Instead of having universal ammo as bonus prizes why not have an amount of christmas strongboxes as rewards, or something more interesting..

Mindark tried to make it more fun last year, but it failed and gave harsh consequences. Although, it was better than further decreasing the incentives for doing the events :(

Last edited:
yeah you are correct.... i take it back

but still not realy big motivation:) i hope we can agree on that

as i said earlier it would feel better if point drops would be less common but rewards would stay big... i understand its harder to do and test it... this what we have atm seems like a quick fix

Yep, motivation is low, but on the other hand, look at 2015 screw up, it can't be too high either. :silly2:

Could have used point system as in any ordinary mission for rewards, and have a set value
for reward, e.g 1pec per 1ped that is taken out as gross revenue.

Back