Merry Mayhem 2016

Not really...

There will be someone in the lower cats with 5x your dps. :laugh:

1. Go to entropedia.
2. Click on weapons and select all
3. Add best amp for both BLP and Laser.
4. Add 10x dmg enhancers.
5. Sort by DPS, highest on top.

You have same or better dps? If not then your playing for fun and lottery ods of getting something like 25-35k points + highest single loot to maybe have a chance at 15th place.

This and migration is for me the best and true measure of the progress you have made since last year :)
Skillgain and loots are usually great also.

Last edited:
1. Go to entropedia.
2. Click on weapons and select all
3. Add best amp for both BLP and Laser.
4. Add 10x dmg enhancers.
5. Sort by DPS, highest on top.

Add unique rings, vamp cloak, arson chip, pills - and behold a kind of dps in Cat.1 not employed by every uber during normal grinding :)

Last edited:
Add unique rings, vamp cloak, arson chip, pills - and behold a kind of dps in Cat.1 not employed by every uber during normal grinding :)

buffs.jpg

Good to know. So there is some hope for the "lesser mortals" in this event ;)

I won the 25th prize two years ago in category 3, with around 225k skills.

I used a 0X0 rifle with a hotfoot 50 and 8 dmg enhancers.

the thing did 299 dmg and 114 dps. I swallowed pills to make the reload speed faster.

24 people in category 3 were better than me. There was also a category 4 and a category 5.

I would try again if there were categories and an item (weapon/amp/fap/armor) could only be used once during such an event.

But there is only one category now.. So all people who used to compete in the categories 1 to 4 do not have any chance.

If I used the same setup now I would probably come in 75th position.

It's sad really that Mindark disposed of the categories. On the other hand , it makes Merry Mayhem pure again.
The battle is clear: The one with the biggest weapon (buffed?) + pills + rings + cloaks + buffed armor + buffed pet wins it.

But there is no hope for "lesser" mortals. None whatsoever.

I won the 25th prize two years ago in category 3, with around 225k skills.

I used a 0X0 rifle with a hotfoot 50 and 8 dmg enhancers.

the thing did 299 dmg and 114 dps. I swallowed pills to make the reload speed faster.

24 people in category 3 were better than me. There was also a category 4 and a category 5.

I would try again if there were categories and an item (weapon/amp/fap/armor) could only be used once during such an event.

But there is only one category now.. So all people who used to compete in the categories 1 to 4 do not have any chance.

If I used the same setup now I would probably come in 75th position.

It's sad really that Mindark disposed of the categories. On the other hand , it makes Merry Mayhem pure again.
The battle is clear: The one with the biggest weapon (buffed?) + pills + rings + cloaks + buffed armor + buffed pet wins it.

But there is no hope for "lesser" mortals. None whatsoever.

Thanks for this post Spawn since i was about to ask some question about this Merry Mayham because i was thinking of doing it for the first time but since there's ZERO chance of me winning anything i will spent my money in rl on some good dinners and shopping with my lady and what not :yup::laugh:

Cheers

Some day you will look back at your posts and realize how much of a tool you were. There's a fine line between complaining and being a super special snowflake/drama queen who is not capable of doing anything but bitch. This forum is for people to have at least a semi-intelligent discussion on entropia universe. You do not meet those requirements (in fact you break the eula).

realy..so i am tool cose i point out that this game have so many grey/black things! not u and some like u that kiss MA ass for the profit of them and MA!
i am a tool so explain to me ( i dont realy expect that cose this post will be deleted in 5 min! MA/moderators cant have discusion with arguments) :
-how is fair an event that is clearily designed to reward a few that are the same every year? many that posted on this form say same thing..
- how if fair that some bugs that clearely bring some advantage to a few to stay on for years?
- how is fair for example to have 95% succes rate at crafting and u get like 20 % succes? rest is near succes that MA consider it like a succes (be happy we did not steal all your money, we give a liitle back SO IS A SUCCES FOR U)! is not clear that things are designed to mislead u?
and things may continue like misleading rewards on misssions, pets that are/are not exportable, gear at vendors that never are on stock, broke events! and for all this just us players pay!
BUT i am a tool cose i ask about this, not u or others like u who defend them with no real arguments! english is not my main language so my phrasing/tone may not be the best BUT the issues i addres are real!
like i told before there are F2P games that work way better then this! here are so much money but players swalow all this crap and keep depo! ALL i WANT IS TO MAKE THE GAME BETTER FOR US PLAYERS!
and i dont even start about all the things that MA starts/sell and they abondon them making them worthless AFTER players invest in them! what i dont understand is why not the players comunity is more active..may be the fact that MA and their lachey like u censure them?
but i am a tool, a drama queen cose i dont keep depo without asking questions...

Has anyone from MA (community manager maybe?) acknowldged the community dissatisfaction with the changes made to MM in 2015 and 2016 ?

Is it allowed to solo FFA? :scratch2: It seems like you can enter FFA via team then disband it, but I am afraid that this is not allowed and considered exploit right?

Is it allowed to solo FFA? :scratch2: It seems like you can enter FFA via team then disband it, but I am afraid that this is not allowed and considered exploit right?

Last MM it was allowed to enter solo or team or join a team when in.

Welcome back MM and GL to all contestants (all that hunt in level 5). I'll do a couple of runs here and there but unless it's a bit more balanced overall there's no point in trying. FYI first run was 72% back from 1400 ped :yay:

GL!

hofs with every 500point+ is going to get seriously annoying, I hate these rare hofs on common drops. Although it will let you keep track of scores if u can be bothered, I would have preffered just the 5000points get the hof.

Actually, why can't they make the rare item hof different to the tt hof.

Only two categories, solo and ffa?

Okay, then the result (both categories, positions aren't 100%):
1. Gianna Messi
2. Grave Digger
3. Joda
4. James Jimmy
5. Jenna Star
6. Neo Sharp
7. Vodka
8. Smilgs Niegra
9. Helena Fra
10. Daniel Danny Ocean
11. Snake Slither
12. Inguts Sokolade
13. Joker Poker
14. Cerb Hulk Beris
15. Eveningstar or Ivi or Invisible

Dan Dan Petrov not listed, because imho he is staying in Arkadia.

Remaining players: Mayhem token rewards half than the last year. Sorry, you have to depositing and skilling (and pay the rewards to above listed players, ofc). If you are very lucky: happy hoffing. :yay:

So, 5 solo + 5 ffa/team categories version were better.

How did u make that list up? I've dropped 1 dazzling and you put me in 11th place :laugh:

hofs with every 500point+ is going to get seriously annoying, I hate these rare hofs on common drops. Although it will let you keep track of scores if u can be bothered, I would have preffered just the 5000points get the hof.

Hey MA! Slither does not want to loot 500 or more points because the swirlies annoy him, so give them all to me instead. :wise:

Hey MA! Slither does not want to loot 500 or more points because the swirlies annoy him, so give them all to me instead. :wise:

You can have all my points, I just want the swirly with 50kped in it

I don't care about points, I will not be able to compete there, I would just like to put an order in for one ATH please :yay:

..., I would just like to put an order in for one ATH please :yay:

Just pick a number and get in line like the rest of us :wise:

Can a player loot a christmas ring during event ?
Even a (L) one or some fun item ?

MA Staffs response:

"FUN?!?!?!?!?!

No no that's against company policy. Only those cycling $1000 USD a day get a chance at anything good. You on the other hand get to depo, get 20% returns and STFU. merry christmas"

MA Staffs response:

"FUN?!?!?!?!?!

No no that's against company policy. Only those cycling $1000 USD a day get a chance at anything good. You on the other hand get to depo, get 20% returns and STFU. merry christmas"

Still waiting for my "anything good" :laugh:

Does anyone have data or knowledge about the relationship between dps and points? Is it linear or exponentially decaying (increasing from)? One would perhaps assume its linear but it would make more sense from MAs point of view to make it exponentially decreasing (increasing from).

Wss

Only two categories, solo and ffa?

Okay, then the result (both categories, positions aren't 100%):
1. Gianna Messi
2. Grave Digger
3. Joda
4. James Jimmy
5. Jenna Star
6. Neo Sharp
7. Vodka
8. Smilgs Niegra
9. Helena Fra
10. Daniel Danny Ocean
11. Snake Slither
12. Inguts Sokolade
13. Joker Poker
14. Cerb Hulk Beris
15. Eveningstar or Ivi or Invisible

Dan Dan Petrov not listed, because imho he is staying in Arkadia.

Remaining players: Mayhem token rewards half than the last year. Sorry, you have to depositing and skilling (and pay the rewards to above listed players, ofc). If you are very lucky: happy hoffing. :yay:

So, 5 solo + 5 ffa/team categories version were better.

Most of those names are in soc why so serious. Yes they are very Serious.

Does anyone have data or knowledge about the relationship between dps and points? Is it linear or exponentially decaying (increasing from)? One would perhaps assume its linear but it would make more sense from MAs point of view to make it exponentially decreasing (increasing from).

Doesn't quite work like that.

Theoretically, for each mob, points would be linear to DPS over the long term (i.e. 50DPS would get double the points of 25DPS).

However, there are different mob brackets. You have more chance of looting points per kill from a FFA5 than an FFA1, and those relationships are not purely linked to HP. It's not just DPS in killing these mobs, some avatars are excluded due to armour, HP, evade, fap etc.

The most points will be scored by those with the highest DPS; it's more likely the winners will come from solo5/ffa5, however it is possible for a high DPS player to do well in a lower category.

Doesn't quite work like that.

Theoretically, for each mob, points would be linear to DPS over the long term (i.e. 50DPS would get double the points of 25DPS).

However, there are different mob brackets. You have more chance of looting points per kill from a FFA5 than an FFA1, and those relationships are not purely linked to HP. It's not just DPS in killing these mobs, some avatars are excluded due to armour, HP, evade, fap etc.

The most points will be scored by those with the highest DPS; it's more likely the winners will come from solo5/ffa5, however it is possible for a high DPS player to do well in a lower category.

I forgot to add this part as a basic assumption in my question. So I guess my real question is if there is data to support that given the same mob and the only difference is dps, is there a linear relationship between dps and points in the long run?

Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to add this part as a basic assumption in my question. So I guess my real question is if there is data to support that given the same mob and the only difference is dps, is there a linear relationship between dps and points in the long run?

Thanks for the reply.

More dps = more kills per hour = more lottery tickets

Did i answer your question? :)

More dps = more kills per hour = more lottery tickets

Did i answer your question? :)

Well this is the sort of basic system that one could say about loot overall, its true but it really doesnt answer my question. In the long run there should be some sort of pattern as you probably agree upon. Im wondering whether this pattern is close to a linear relationship, perhaps one persons log of MM isn't enough but it might be possible to make some sort of estimation atleast.

There will of course be spikes and lows in terms of points but if you would plot it as a graph, how would it look? It really wouldnt be too hard to estimate the relationship if you plot like a few different dps levels on the same mob.

Well this is the sort of basic system that one could say about loot overall, its true but it really doesnt answer my question. In the long run there should be some sort of pattern as you probably agree upon. Im wondering whether this pattern is close to a linear relationship, perhaps one persons log of MM isn't enough but it might be possible to make some sort of estimation atleast.

There will of course be spikes and lows in terms of points but if you would plot it as a graph, how would it look? It really wouldnt be too hard to estimate the relationship if you plot like a few different dps levels on the same mob.

WhySoComplicated?

Its simple the more kills you have the more looting events, which then means you have more chances of looting good points. Rest is a lottery!
I kill 100 spiders in solo 5 in an hour. Other person may kill only 50. I have 50 more "tickets" than other person. Yes DPS helps but its till a lottery cuz the person shooting just 50 mobs may loot many glorious stars while i will get none.
There is nothing linear or exponentional or whatever else its simply the more you kill the more chances for good points.

Back