Question: Map detail

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Could any MindArk devs give an idea on if it would be possible to make the zoom on maps better?
It would be great to be able to zoom in, like on Google maps to at least the detail of a house and cars.

Reactions: San
Would be really nice if they did that for the map. That way we can tp to exactly where we want without mess ups. I've had quite a few bad jumps lol.

Just need to get one of those camera cars to drive through EU.

+rep for making me laugh hahah

Also, free bump would be a nice idea to get that fixed in...

They can do a map that is very detailed, but the higher detail, the more resources needed.
If we could get ground plane from MA, community could create a highly detailed map too.

I like this system, even though it isn't too detailed. http://middle-earth.thehobbit.com/map
Ofc, they could do it more detailed if they wanted. :)

+1

i really would love to see a much better map detail.

i understand why. the current detail is uhm... sooo many years old.
it originates from times when PE still was mainly made of wood. maps were sent via fax, so the level of detail had to be limited.

MindArk:

im fine with cryengine 2, but there could be so much more made of it.

4K monitors are slowly becoming, and then will be standard, before a new map will be implemented.
everything is tiny on my 4K. keep that in mind and plan ahead!
we also need resizable fonts, freely resizable info screens, etc., like the chat boxes already are.

Would be really nice if they did that for the map. That way we can tp to exactly where we want without mess ups. I've had quite a few bad jumps lol.

as far as tp jumps go, if MA is going to update this, maybe they can also make it where you type in the tp coords you want to jump to exactly... instead of making you move a mouse around to pick a 'close' location...

I would love having a more detailed map, or at least the possibility to zoom in further on it even if the detail stay as it is.. :)

Back