Help: Target on cuttable trees

Erastothenes

Guardian
Society
Shaolin
John Erastothenes Bluetail
Hi! Some time ago, I hit some combo of keys - not intended - that made the yellow target's on cuttable trees disapear... now, I can "mouse-over" trees to see which I can cut, but it would be nice to have those visual targets back.

Does anyone have any idea what to do?

cheers, eras

How close are you to the cuttable trees when they show as such when you hover your mouse over them?

They show up as cuttable when you hover over them at a distance well before the yellow dot appears ( description in black & white as distinct from mobs which is coloured).

Also I have noticed now that the yellow dot appears on one side of the tree & you can miss it if you are standing on the other side if the trunk is wide enough.

So now do you not see a yellow dot no matter how close you are to them & no matter where you stand?

I hit some combo of keys

Interesting. *types 'iddqd'* - no, doesn't seem to help.

edit: on a more serious note - are you running in (partial) safe mode? asking because of your avatar pic.

Yeah, make sure you are not running in safe mode.

I think that is it.
So, go to graphics/ advanced/ Draw Distance.

I have my Draw Distance set to very high - that is supposed to enable trees & oil barrels be seen from the greatest distance.
The lowest setting is Safe Mode - if you are set on that, it may explain things

Thanks guys for suggestions :)

But... none of the solutions aply. I'm always set max on distance, and it's not that I'm too far from or on the wrong side of trees either...

What happened was that I managed to click "something", and now I simply do not get those yellow targets anymore. Targets are just gone. Like bad magic.

So yes I mouse-over to see cuttable's - that's useful anyway to spot trees that are too far to display the yellow target (even when I had one).

MA's had my case for weeks, so I thought to ask around :)

Maybe I managed to hit some unmapped key combo - thats my best guess so far...

cheers, eras

OH... and if there are some "developer" or kind of "unknown" key combos...

- first to find the combo for God Mode please share LOL

Thanks guys for suggestions :)

But... none of the solutions aply. I'm always set max on distance, and it's not that I'm too far from or on the wrong side of trees either...

Change the area, sometimes it does help.

The glow is based on particle effects in settings try making it max

strange

I did particles, setting up and down.

Then fiddled with other settings.

Then re-setting to my standard.

Then I set settings "different" to my regular, logged out. Logged in, set back to my "normals" - and voila!

My targets on trees are back!

Might well be something at my end, some snag in gfx driver or whatever...

Thanks everyone who helped!

cheers, eras

Back