Please Help 120k peds Mistake!

Status
I don't know what the truth is about this specific incident with Pitbull and Mary Jane, but over this whole 50 page post, what has struck me most is how some people have said they see nothing morally wrong with players who do intentionally set traps to profit from other players catastrophic mistakes, because they broke no rules, but in other threads argue that pirates are moral scum even if they break no rules.

Yeppers...

If trades are not final this game is not RCE and I cannot trust MA with funds

Who says, that it was not final?

MA just did a diplomatic job to help ppl. The trade was final, of course, and it will be that way in future.
MA just did a nice job to make ppl happy, and they did it right!

This is still going on :( bloody hell - thread is like a zombie

After reading all this shit I don't understand something: How come an exploiter that bought the deeds exploiting the game and now playing from the fees (OUR POCKETS) make a mistake (WHEN HE WAS DRUNK) and MA interfear in the gameplay ?! How come after the guy get he's deeds back want's so bad to close this thread so nobody can hear the version of Pitbull or MA ???? WTF ? I just don't get it.... If I go cry that I lost more then he's fukin 12k$ since I play this game would anyone care ? NO ! Does it matter I was drunk in a night and lost 5k ped hunting daspletor in a couple of hours? shall I cry to MA I want my money back and lock everyone else couse u took em from the lootpool.
Is me the only one that see this fuking stupid ? Why not MJ just took it quiet with Pitbull ? Why the hell a fukin drunk exploiter is the victim here ??????? Are you all insane ?

because ppl have memory of a fish :)

Life savings (read hardcore VTOL exploited AUDs) lost to a mistake while playing drunk and avarage player/trader Joe gets bashed on forums and account locked. Working as intended!

Not even sure does this solution makes me want to deposit less or more.

I don't know what the truth is about this specific incident with Pitbull and Mary Jane, but over this whole 50 page post, what has struck me most is how some people have said they see nothing morally wrong with players who do intentionally set traps to profit from other players catastrophic mistakes, because they broke no rules, but in other threads argue that pirates are moral scum even if they break no rules.

maybe because like the other thousand times mentioned there was NO TRAP SET. i put it in capital letters so maybe it is better to understand. NO TRAP. it was a NORMAL AUCTION. BOUGHT VIA BUYOUT. NO ORDER. NO ! ORDER !

I see more speculation from people who were not actually involved in the transaction.
I still see no facts from any of people actually involved in the transaction.

Ludwig is watching this thread.

I am waiting for FACTs from any or all of the principles involved in the actual transaction, not speculation, or opinion.

:tapfinger

A statement from Mindark will never happen, since that will further ruin their reputation and might even create legal issues. I agree that a lot of speculations are going on in this thread, including my own posts, but also there is a lot of biased trust toward the seller MJ. His reputation of being an exploiter and also his victim-play in all of this should not provoke so much trust in his words as it does. This will of course give a lot of heated debate over this case.

Let me add a thought for all: If this trade was made by an exploit, lets say botting for example. Then should not Pitbul be banned by now? If not then this lead to a confirmation that this was a legal trade or a mishandling from Mindark in this case. If it was a legal trade, then it is awful that he had to give up the deeds, even if it were by guilt or other forceful reasons.

What have you personally lost from this particular auction listing mistake? I'll answer for you: Nothing.
Rick

The thing he and many of us are still risking to lose is the most important factor in a RCE game and that is TRUST for the company that provides the platform. Many of us has poor trust in Mindark when it comes to them trying to improve the game we love, but this time it is about ethical and moral matters, which is much more worse then them adding more bugs to the game.

I am disapointed with the outcome. What did Pitbull get as compensation that was worth it for his part?
Did MA force him or just convice him to return the deeeds?
What is the ped limit for when MA will return ones items?

Legality - MindArk failed on meeting the minimum safe guards on which Mary Jane would have been fully aware of what transaction was about to take place...
So you're saying that MindArk has to hire a virtual nanny for every stupid person here to magically protect them from making retarded moves like this one did?
What's so wrong with the auction interface? Nothing if you have a BRAIN and USE it properly. Not even the highest number of safeguards will protect a person from doing stupid shit if he/she/it is not thinking.

Erhmmmm i may be dumb here but why is it MA is involved here? Cant see any scam or other side of cheat of the game or another player. But glad it got solved
Because of bitching, moaning, babbling about legal actions against the developers/the buyer of the items + I presume a pretty fat support case to MA from day 1 of this fiasco.

If everyone who's afraid that MA might force them to do a right thing quit, maybe it's not such a bad thing, after all.
If a thing is right in your opinion, doesn't mean it is actually right from other people's point of view. And can comprehend the thing you said? I made it more visible for you, maybe you'll understand.

...lots of blabbering about nothing and insults...
I really don't give a rat's ass what you're saying about me just because I don't support your stupid, broken view of the world, that. You are the wrong type of people, supporting favoritism, inequality and just lost logic altogether. Sad to see pricks like you here with your biased point of view.
Anyway, go take your own meds, then take your AUD, beer, w/e floats your boat and go fuck yourself.

Hey, MA! Then how about a statement about what you guys are going to do about your poorly designed interface so that you can prevent this from happening in the future?...
Noting can prevent stupid people from doing stupid things. If they don't properly protect their own assets, it's not MA's problem. Just like nothing can really protect you from doing stupid things IRL. SO why should MA make some super complex "protective bubble" for stupid people?

...Is me the only one that see this fuking stupid ? Why not MJ just took it quiet with Pitbull ? Why the hell a fukin drunk exploiter is the victim here ??????? Are you all insane ?
Playing a victim always helps in almost every situation, and making a fuss (I presume) made MA interfere because they simply wanted to shut the seller up so the company name would not get soiled even more.

maybe because like the other thousand times mentioned there was NO TRAP SET. i put it in capital letters so maybe it is better to understand. NO TRAP. it was a NORMAL AUCTION. BOUGHT VIA BUYOUT. NO ORDER. NO ! ORDER !
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Me Really Never again.
(not that the reputation system on the forum really matters)

15000-20000 PED is not enough ;)

Gewitter it might not be about the amount of peds, but rather what type of item both cases were about. In your case it was an ingame item that affect the market in certain ways, but these deeds have much more effect on the ingame economy. The deed value reflects on how much the game in itself is worth and much more. This could have been the tipping point that got Mindark to interfer with this case.

EDIT: It also effected a planet partners economy, which could also be a reason.

Last edited:
I may just have to quit because of you. Your taking ped away from thousands of new players by potentially forcing me to quit. Way to go.

There are doors -->

As I see you are not much active player in EU according to ET and you mostly are active on pcf writing bs so not much loose for the community ;)

I'm wondering if Pitbull has had to sign some kind of non-disclosure agreement (NDA).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement

Pitbull, if you are reading this (fair chance that you have been) you may want to make some kind of statement as the original poster (Mary Jane) has requested the thread closed and it probably will be once you've posted your side.

Even if is to say "I cant or dont want to talk about it"

Otherwise this thread will eventually hit Godwin's law.

Are you nice enough to give me 1k peds if I post here my last year deposits over 90k peds and 0 withdrawal.
Want to do it?
I don't steal no one here.
My balance sheet in 12 years is almost null that's why I invest because with revenue I play for free.

Last post ever I promess my friend.

So basicly you are still defending your exploiting of a few years ago :scratch2:
WTG man

just boycott his landarea/s and dont do any kind of trades with him. mary janes reputation is at 0 for me right now.

If trades are not final this game is not RCE and I cannot trust MA with funds

Everything has to be sinister or a conspiracy ..........

MA could not force anyone to do anything as no rules had been broken, so don't worry or get stressed, your funds are safe!!

All trades are final, and I suspect MA's only involvement was to get both parties talking.

Looks like good old fashioned common sense has prevailed...... well done to MJ & Pitbull for bringing the mater to a speedy resolution.

Perpetuating a flame war with random strangers is not OK. The fault is a bad auction function and it has been this way a very long time.

The 'omg stop crying' crowd can direct their anger at MA for failing to patch this many, many years ago.
The 'omg, stop telling me to stop crying' crowd can direct their anger at MA for failing to patch this many, many years ago.

The only thing MA did right here was to lock accounts to see what actually happened. This is a very positive action.

from reading this thread i've learnt

• MA look willing to mediate issues arising from the auction system that has been proven to cause mistakes as this happens like every 4-6 months
  • MA now will receive a flurry of support cases over older issues
  • Some threaten to quit, but won't
  • An idea that some people seriously would love the idea of screwing another out of $12k, until they lose it of course
  • 2 beers = completely drunk, surprised he didn't just throw the deeds on the floor
  • Been caught using a "grey area" exploit (although it did lead to a temp ban) invalidates all future successes, even if they may have stopped doing it

Last edited:
just boycott his landarea/s and dont do any kind of trades with him. mary janes reputation is at 0 for me right now.

The landarea is mine now. No need to boycott it.

from reading this thread i've learnt

• MA look willing to mediate issues arising from the auction system that has been proven to cause mistakes as this happens like every 4-6 months
  • MA now will receive a flurry of support cases over older issues
  • Some threaten to quit, but won't
  • An idea that some people seriously would love the idea of screwing another out of $12k, until they lose it of course
  • 2 beers = completely drunk, surprised he didn't just throw the deeds on the floor
  • Been caught using a "grey area" exploit (although it did lead to a temp ban) invalidates all future successes, even if they may have stopped doing it

what i have learned is that a lot of people believe every word that has been said by a known liar and exploiter without asking any kind of questions.

what i have learned is that a lot of people believe every word that has been said by a known liar and exploiter without asking any kind of questions.

So you found a stain on the vest of the person who was at the wrong end of the stick this time. And now you assume that all the funds for this big investment were gained through illicit methods. You know one thing, and you assume one thing, and can't tell them apart. And then you even want to award another ill-gotten windfall to a third party who may or may not have been around when the first sin happened, and it doesn't bother your sense of 'justice' one bit. You're huffing and puffing and fumbling and stumbling. Does it never occur to you to slow down for a moment and examine your premises? Geezus.

So you found a stain on the vest of the person who was at the wrong end of the stick this time. And now you assume that all the funds for this big investment were gained through illicit methods. You know one thing, and you assume one thing, and can't tell them apart. And then you even want to award another ill-gotten windfall to a third party who may or may not have been around when the first sin happened, and it doesn't bother your sense of 'justice' one bit. You're huffing and puffing and fumbling and stumbling. Does it never occur to you to slow down for a moment and examine your premises? Geezus.

im deeply sorry for you but i just cant fool myself into being blind and stupid.
those who forget history are the ones doomed to repeat it.

im deeply sorry for you but i just cant fool myself into being blind and stupid.
those who forget history are the ones doomed to repeat it.

Can I ask what relevance someone's previous history has to do with the issue at hand?

Instead of making childish comments based on assumptions, take a step back and put yourself in shoes of the two parties involved.

Reading through all your posts, you obviously have no constructive thoughts, as all your posts are full of negativity.

May I ask your age, are you over 16?

I pretty sure that everyone who plays the game, would have explored all avenues to try and recover a large sum like that, so I really don't see why everyone is getting so animated about the issue.

Its been resolved amicably by both parties, with the help of mediation by MA.

All trades were and are still final, and at least common sense has prevailed.

I'm wondering if Pitbull has had to sign some kind of non-disclosure agreement (NDA).QUOTE]

What does it matter, its been resolved, just leave them both alone and let them continue in the game as before.

Couldn't this all be solved by adjusting the auction board? When you enter the price, it should always be taking it as "price per qty 1" and when you enter the quantity, there should be a multiplier. This way the player can focus on the price and MU. Right now we enter qty 1000 but we also have to enter the price for the total amount instead of price each. This is creating fuck ups. We are too used to just clicking and setting the MU.

Instead it should show:

Qty: 2 (for example)
Item Value ea: .60 Ped (currently it is all so it shows 1.20)
Item Value total: 1.20
Auction Fee: .58 Ped
Markup: 250%/333.33%
etc

Then
Opening Bid per Item: $1.50 ea (currently it is all so it shows 3.00)
Total Opening Bid $3.00 Ped

Total Buyout Bid per item $2.00
Total Buyout Bid Total $4.00

Status
Back