What determines the amount of skill gain?

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
Is skill gain determined by the mob or the item decay? In other words, if I use the same weapon on a 100 HP mob and a 1000 HP mob, would the skill gain (per shot) be the same; or do higher mobs give bigger gains?

Rule of tumb:
the higher level of mob and the less hp it has - the better.

For example caraboks have level 4 and 10hp and give about 7-8% in TT skills gianed of TT cycled. Puny Caly mobs that have lev 1 and 10hp give only about 2-2.5%.

In the past when caraboks were lev 10 and 10hp they were giving 16% :).

This rule so far is true for anything i have tested (so there is no single case where higher level mob with same hp would give less skills and also same level mobs but with less hp always give more skills too).

@edti:
there might be more factors than that but the ratio lev_of_mob/hp_of_mob seems most significant.

Falagor
:bandit:

Rule of tumb:

For example caraboks have level 4 and 10hp and give about 7-8% in TT skills gianed of TT cycled. Puny Caly mobs that have lev 1 and 10hp give only about 2-2.5%.

This rule so far is true for anything i have tested (so there is no single case where higher level mob with same hp would give less skills and also same level mobs but with less hp always give more skills too).

@edti:
there might be more factors than that but the ratio lev_of_mob/hp_of_mob seems most significant.

Falagor

Interesting ..... Had a super skill mob on RT in the early days If im not mistaken they were low level, low HP with immediate full regen after each shot with low dmg weaps. Super fast skilling on those but they got changed and the gains per shot gone too.

It used to be damage, the greater the damage the more skill. Bigger the weapon generally greater the skill.

But we've had instances where other PP's have abused that and allowed noobs to hunt noobs mobs with noob weapons and become uber in months.

Cryo chips on Ark on some noob mobs was a good example.....which really "p*ssed" me off, after years of skilling when I heard about it (MA fixed that one).

I'm sure there're those that travel around all the planets trying all the mobs to capitalise on that.

Although really it should be the same rules on all planets, otherwise it's unfair. Problem is the more years you're in EU and the more you learn, you realise that loads of things are unfair and its only about money and keeping players active that matters.

Rick

edit: I got beaten to it while typing, yes caroboks on Ark as Falagor said.

Rule of tumb:

@edti:

Falagor

The mobs with the high level/health ratio will also have very high regen so keep in mind how much health you are killing in the end.

Also we're in the age of skill gain bonuses.

- Pills
- Weapons
- Pets.

Rick

High level and Low hp seems to give me alot more skill per ammo spent then high level and high hp.

For example unrulys has huge gains per ped spent.

Thanks for all the responses, y'all. I was actually asking for the purpose of using the boost pills - I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting them on small mobs, but it doesn't sound like I am.

High level and Low hp seems to give me alot more skill per ammo spent then high level and high hp.

For example unrulys has huge gains per ped spent.

unrulys? the aruli brood mobs?

Back