PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Time for MA's management to sit down together, think and discuss...

After this recent incident, I think its high time for MA and its management to really sit down and think about the whole future of Entropia Universe.

Where do you think your heading with EU? How are you gonna steer it towards that vision? Is it gonna be just another game in the sea of games? Will the game cater to casual/careless players, will it be for the serious/careful types or will it still be for all kinds of players and everything in between?

But most importantly, will it still be RCE or will it change towards the micropayment "cash shop" kind?

Why am I posting this? Because I kindda get this feeling that after ten plus or so years, you've "appeared" to have lost your way.

Too little was done and most probably too late, resulting in what happened now....a 120k PEDs mistake.

Players have already been telling you about it since months or even years...that something was wrong with the deed auctioning...and inherently puts players at risk when selling them. You should have nipped it in the bud when they were still in the "thousand" peds region.

But now, you've gotten yourself in between a rock and a very hard place.

Saving MJ (which was good imo) meant that you've betrayed those whom you didn't save in the past (helen and the rest that I can't remember).

Though I rightfully think that you should do something about them too...but frankly....it might be tough since too much time have passed. Most probably you should compensate them somehow....on a case by case basis imo.

But anyway, back to the point...

Will this game still be an RCE?

Should you decide that it remains as an RCE, then you will inevitably be faced with even more of such situations in the future.

Next time, it will be something of the value of upwards of 300k PEDs or more.

Where will it occur? Who knows...

Maybe it might be another auction deed error, maybe it might be someone carrying lootable stuff from one planet to another...through PVP space...and due to some bug, ends up losing that much of a fortune despite using a mothership, maybe it might be a trust scammer who was able to get enough players to "invest" in him so much so that he's amassed that much money and then runs off into pvp lootable to get himself "looted"....thus hiding behind the "all trades are final" clause (who knows....but it will surely happen).

What then will you do?

So long as the game continues to involve cold hard cash and stays as an RCE, such a situation will surely happen.

Clear guidelines have to be set.

- When will MA start to get itself involved? In what sort of situations (due to bugs or player's mistake)?
    - What sort of time limit before the case is deemed "overdued" and will no longer be entertained?
    - At what sort of PED ranges (from thousands or tens of thousands onwards)?
    - What sort of costs will it incur (on the player)?
    - And most importantly, how (through mediation or hardcore interference)?

After that, let the players know about them (the guidelines)...so they could judge for themselves whether it is "worth it"...to revert that "costly" mistake.

TLDR;?

Its time for you to do an overhaul for EU. Fix the bugs, revamp the auction, reinvent PVP lootable (planetside and space) and most preferably....put in some fail-safes...in areas whereby people could possibly make costly mistakes.

For instance, when traveling into PVP space, convey to the player how much of what he's bringing is "lootable" and what sort of TT values will he be "risking".

Simply putting "this is lootable and that isn't" in the item info window...doesn't cut it.

When involving high valued transactions, "force" the players to manually "key" in some randomly generated words....or their own "personal" pin or something....would allow enough time for that player to "READ" what he's doing?

Stuffs like that should probably work as a good enough fail-safe, imo?

- End of Rant -

Addendum:
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...=1#post3539487
    Last edited by sawachika; 12-17-2016 at 02:29.

Katielicious mallow (Kat)
    Society
    Kaos
    All very sensible and easily done.

Personally I suspect that whilst keeping the rce concept MA will move more into allowing players to buy or perhaps rent more powerful weapons, finders etc. After all what is the point in skilling up if one can just pop a pill :-)

Gordon Alf Shumway
    Images
    In Eve Online there was a scammer who was able to get enough players to "invest" in him. He had a bank for many years, paid interest, paid money out. All this was planned long ago to make the big fraud. When he got the money he wanted, he closed the bank and kept it.

The players complained to the support, but this said that the player had a lot of work in this scam and it was planned long-term. The Eve Universe is merciless and it is part of the game to get an advantage.

This has not hurt the game .. but it pushed even more. I think no one wants to play a game where the support interferes with every thing and prescribes adult people how you have to act, sell and play.

If it were to develop like this, we would have a game like any other which is on time in the market. I would not like that I think. People make mistakes like MJ, but this error did not happen by system, but because he had drunk and had been inattentive.

It is not right to make others responsible for their own inattentiveness. The auction house is used daily and others also use it properly. Unfortunately it belongs to the fact that from time to time, one or the other makes a mistake..

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Undisclosed
    Society
    Swapped EU for Poker ;)
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Clear guidelines and they absolutely MUST have a PR department ( Not marketing - im talking about public RELATIONS) handle this ASAP ! Being in PR myself i can assure you MA apparently havent grasped just how damaging this, in my view "hostage drama" can be for them in the gaming community - that by the way is how the haters will headline this latest incident.

Due to the situation and monies involved it will eventually make waves. Fortunately although i AM disgusted with MA's handling of the buyers account i do not want to see this platform fail.

You all at MA will HAVE to address that incident and not only that it has to be done CAREFULLY. Your PR agency if they are any good would have predicted these sorts of scenarios in their pre-emptive planning sessions and at least scripted for something similar - if not planned for it. If they have not then FIRE THEM ! At least get some sort of generic first response comment out there, "we are reviewing" to buy time to cover your basis with a proper response. This thing is gonna eat you guys - in this industry you got perhaps 2 weeks ( i would say a week and a bit) before the various independent blog articles start getting picked up outside of EU and into the gaming community and flares up !

Welcome to "EU-Gate" lol - but seriously GET BUSY !
    Last edited by DaisyColdFinger; 12-16-2016 at 09:57.

Gordon Alf Shumway
    Images
    DaisyColdFinger :

Fortunately although i AM disgusted with MA's handling of the buyers account i do not want to see this platform fail.
    I agree with that....

Mature
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Quote Originally Posted by sawachika View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Next time, it will be something of the value of upwards of 300k PEDs or more.

Where will it occur? Who knows...

Maybe it might be another auction deed error, maybe it might be someone carrying lootable stuff from one planet to another...through PVP space...and due to some bug, ends up losing that much of a fortune despite using a mothership, maybe it might be a trust scammer who was able to get enough players to "invest" in him so much so that he's amassed that much money and then runs off into pvp lootable to get himself "looted"....thus hiding behind the "all trades are final" clause (who knows....but it will surely happen).

What then will you do?
    nothing because unicorns doesn't exist, mistakes were made and sometimes they are expensive.
    take responsibility for your actions .... damn!

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    In Eve Online there was a scammer who was able to get enough players to "invest" in him. He had a bank for many years, paid interest, paid money out. All this was planned long ago to make the big fraud. When he got the money he wanted, he closed the bank and kept it.

The players complained to the support, but this said that the player had a lot of work in this scam and it was planned long-term. The Eve Universe is merciless and it is part of the game to get an advantage.

This has not hurt the game .. but it pushed even more. I think no one wants to play a game where the support interferes with every thing and prescribes adult people how you have to act, sell and play.

If it were to develop like this, we would have a game like any other which is on time in the market. I would not like that I think. People make mistakes like MJ, but this error did not happen by system, but because he had drunk and had been inattentive.

It is not right to make others responsible for their own inattentiveness. The auction house is used daily and others also use it properly. Unfortunately it belongs to the fact that from time to time, one or the other makes a mistake..
    Haven't had the chance to play Eve Online before, but if I'm not wrong, their virtual currency isn't linked to real life cash in the way that our EU does right?

As such, there might not be a need for them to intervene. And they may even make it as a "unique point" in their game.

But so long as EU stays an RCE, they "have" to intervene at some point in time...or risk getting sued themselves...one way or another...when the stakes start to get too high....be it due to bugs or player's mistakes or inadequate "protection" or not being "clear enough" in the system's design (for auction transactions or entering PVP space).

There's no way they can avoid it or avert their eyes from this. (Being an RCE.)

That's why I've mentioned that they sit down to discuss in between themselves....where they want EU to go.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Aj the-unknown Henry
    Society
    Perseus Society
    Images
    MA presumably knows what it's doing.

Oh who am I kidding, lol.

I think they get too caught up with "adding functions / features" that they ignore the bugs and issues which exist within the system, hoping that nothing wrong will happen in a big way / exposed in a big way. When shit happens, as it inevitably does, they don't have a Plan B and they are pretty much flying by the seat of their pants.

And I am sure compets is also taking up some resources, no matter how much they deny it. They are not a huge company, with alot of experienced people to run multiple stand alone teams successfully.

If they actually say, ok, we are going to take the next 6 months to 1 year just to fix the bugs/issues without adding any new features, am sure we can all cheer them on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nargon View Post
    nothing because unicorns doesn't exist, mistakes were made and sometimes they are expensive.
    take responsibility for your actions .... damn!
    Doing nothing doesn't cut it. Unless everyone's holding just a measly amount of peds...

But once the game aims/starts to attract "investor"-sized players with deep pockets.

You can be sure something will give/bend.

At the moment, for instance, PVP lootable space only tells us that we will get looted in space. But at no point in time do we "know" for sure what is lootable and what isn't.

It is only up to our "experience" which tells us what gets looted.

A newly introduced item (remember those lootable skill pills?) even had to be tested by physically looting it to be able to tell whether it gets looted.

And that's a flaw.

Someone new to the game with a very deep pocket accidentally carries a huge insane amount of items, gets summoned into space, gets looted, gets very angry and summons his lawyer to sue.

You get the idea?

Its a potential liability...so long as the game stays RCE.

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    In an RCE, a trade is not final if it is not legal. What was wrong with the latest incident has been pointed out. But being right and getting right are two different things. The question of applicable jurisdiction and access to recourse if needed is the part which needs clarification.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast