Time for MA's management to sit down together, think and discuss...

Clear guidelines and they absolutely MUST have a PR department ( Not marketing - im talking about public RELATIONS) handle this ASAP !

:wise: and/or aquire a propper PR-defence-strategy!

for once i am with Daisy here...

Quote from op: Will this game still be a RCE?

As long as the concept of USD exists, probably yes.

Last edited:
:wise: and/or aquire a propper PR-defence-strategy!

for once i am with Daisy here...

Quote from op: Will this game still be a RCE?

As long as the concept of USD exists, probably yes.

Yes yes, i am like marmite or perhaps fugu to some ;)

MA being a boutique "high end gaming" platform is what gives it the ability to not have to compete in the sea of desperate competition clambering all over each other just to stand out. And when they do it is a constant struggle to retain their pos competing on fine margins rather than catering to a "wealthier" niche. It is like most upstart consultancies i see lately, all throwing themselves in the jam packed big pool. All of them pricing so they can be competitive rather then getting out of that pool as a stand out in a niche for much higher margins and far less competition. Point is - the day this game ceases to be RCE it becomes just one more of the thousands of games competing in the same massive pool. Drop RCE and it's all down hill - im sure of it.

Last edited:
can anybody sum this clusterfuck up please? was it a bug? did ma really disable the buyer's account? if it was no bug and ma locked the account nevertheless, it is an unforgivable breach of trust.

can anybody sum this clusterfuck up please? was it a bug? did ma really disable the buyer's account? if it was no bug and ma locked the account nevertheless, it is an unforgivable breach of trust.

MA locked (not banned) the buyers account because that's what they always do when they open an investigation. The buyer and the seller reached an agreement and both parties were satisfied, yet the forum warriors made a lot of noise even without all the information.

It was very simple really, the forum community in general didn't help one bit.

Very toxic thread, read at your own risk.

whatever happened in the end, ma has no right to interfere when there was no foul play on side of the buyer. coupled with the lack of communication this makes ma untrustworthy in my book. there is no logic to "I might get banned because I buy something in the auction". that is simply unacceptable

whatever happened in the end, ma has no right to interfere when there was no foul play on side of the buyer. coupled with the lack of communication this makes ma untrustworthy in my book. there is no logic to "I might get banned because I buy something in the auction". that is simply unacceptable

He didn't get banned, and MA didn't interfere.

There were reports to take action and it is MA policy to lock any account under investigation. MA didn't ask the buyer to do anything, and undid the lock after they checked everything was ok. The buyer itself said so in the thread.

Hi all.

The deal made was between Mary Mary Jane and myself, it was my decision and that is my final word.

Regards, Pitbull.

Unless you know more than the two people involved, nothing surprises me anymore.

The seller didn't accuse the buyer of anything either, it was the forum community who went full retard with accusations, riots and drama.

This is my final word.

Reactions: das
Only read the OP, but what bothers me the most is that when...

A known exploiter makes a mistake of 120k ped, it get's resolved..

When a hard working player get's scammed out of a mod merc & some other gear worth more (yes, I'm talking about rept), MA does not seem to be home & the player takes the loss...
Why did I ever depo again?

Only read the OP, but what bothers me the most is that when...

A known exploiter makes a mistake of 120k ped, it get's resolved..

When a hard working player get's scammed out of a mod merc & some other gear worth more (yes, I'm talking about rept), MA does not seem to be home & the player takes the loss...
Why did I ever depo again?

Forgive me if I don't quite agree with you on this point, okay? :laugh:
Because its like locking a person in jail (and throwing away the key) or banishing him/her into hell forever...just simply for that "deed" made in the past...and with no hopes of redemption...ever.

"Deed" or no "deed" doesn't warrant that he/she loses that much cash in a single error.

(That being said, on the point of that "hard working player" getting scammed, I would agree with you that the lack of action on MA's part is "distasteful" and a cause for concern. Which points back to its lack of clear guidelines.)

All trades are final but some are more final than others. (With apologies to George Orwell.)

Which was why I've made this thread in the first place. To highlight what was "troubling" to me.

A lack of clear guidelines and safety measures...

---

The thing is...being an RCE, which deals with $$$$ (cash), there appears to be a gross lack of certain (in my opinion necessary) precautions to prevent or warn the players against making costly mistakes.

And no I don't mean nor refer to high stakes gambling in hunting, mining or crafting...for those costs are explicit...and thus the blame shouldn't (nor can they) be placed on MA in those instances.

By costly mistakes, I refer to the fact that a single mistake of pulling the wrong stack/item or pricing something wrongly (as a result of misunderstanding how the auctioning system works or not paying enough "attention") could result in the player losing upwards of thousands of USD.

(Players who don't see the sense in this...either doesn't have enough PEDs in-game to be worried about this, haven't had this happen to them yet or are "secretly" praying for "someone else" to make this very costly mistake...so that they could "benefit" from it.)

And since we continue to observe this at a frightening frequency, there is clearly something wrong with the system here. (And thus the fault lies squarely with MA in this case...for failing to address this problem...swiftly and decisively.)

And in the case of PVP lootable space, a lack of a "headsup" which informs the player of how much he/she would risk losing...an accidental summon (and acceptance) whilst someone is still mid-hunting/mining/crafting...speaks volumes about the lack of a "safety measure" here too (as well as a lack of enough thinking/discussion when they decided to implement it in this way).

When an RCE does not have enough safety precautions and methods of recourse to protect you, its precious customers, would you still want to risk putting in sizeable amounts of money into it?

Are they trying to attract gamers or investors?

If its gamers, then the lack of safety measures is okay....so long as each gamer doesn't hold too much PEDs or have a high ingame networth (of items/peds).

But with the way things are or are implemented...so much so that there's a good handful of players which holds enough to be reasonably classified as "investors" instead of gamers...

Do you think its okay to leave things as they are?

And that leads me to reasonably conclude/believe that MA doesn't quite know where they want to lead Entropia Universe to.

the deed loss for 120k ped is the exact same situation as getting looted in space. there is a warning, you make the mistake anyway and someone else profits on it.
maybe everyone who got looted in space should now make a support case to get the pirate a temp ban for "investigations"...
and no. i dont think we need anymore safety measures. stupid people will allways do stupid shit no matter how much safety stuff you put in. this is an RCE. let darwinism sort that out.

the deed loss for 120k ped is the exact same situation as getting looted in space. there is a warning, you make the mistake anyway and someone else profits on it.
maybe everyone who got looted in space should now make a support case to get the pirate a temp ban for "investigations"...
and no. i dont think we need anymore safety measures. stupid people will allways do stupid shit no matter how much safety stuff you put in. this is an RCE. let darwinism sort that out.

So you mean its perfectly okay for you to transfer 12k USD (via interbanking) to a wrong account number (with no recourse) because you've accidentally mistyped the account number?

Or its perfectly okay for the stock exchange system to sell whatever holdings you have in a stock at whatever (lowball) price you've keyed in rather than at whatever price that the other people's orders are buying at?

Besides, the deed loss is NOT the exact same situation as getting looted in space. They are two totally unrelated circumstances.

The present auction is simply not "catered for" the selling of deeds (CLDs, AUDs and Compet). That is the fact that we are (or rather I am) seeing.

As for getting looted in space, though I can agree to some degree that the responsibility (of losing peds in this case) lies on the player, you cannot indemnify MA fully either.

They (MA) have failed in placing a system or a mechanism which tells exactly what the player is risking and what is or isn't lootable.

(Not to mention that it is far easier to get someone into pvp lootable space than to get him/her to take an anti-toxic shot and then travel into a planetside contaminated area.)

And that is something that I have qualms with.

Again....if it was just your any other typical game, I would have totally not bothered myself with typing all of these.

But the fact that its an RCE and one which involves such high amounts of cash...it is in fact "ludicrous" (in my opinion) for MA not to be worried about not having in place...safety measures...which ensures some semblance of protection for its inhabitants (in Entropia Universe) as well as their "ped card".

(And this doesn't even cover the fact that "certain people" have "more protection" than others...

And inequality doesn't quite sit well with me either...though I hate to admit that even in our world, inequality persists in existing.)

the two things you mention are totally different though and have absolutely nothing in common.
first thing with bank transfer: you make a direct deposit to someone and not a public auction. the same would be making a real life auction ar a vastly too low price and in my country you are forced by law to make the deal if someone buys it.
second thing: a stock exchange company selling my stocks without my permission at a low price is something different as someone else makes something for you and not yourself. if you yourself sell your stocks "by accident" too low then yes.. its ur fault and u have no chance to get it back.

the two things you mention are totally different though and have absolutely nothing in common.
first thing with bank transfer: you make a direct deposit to someone and not a public auction. the same would be making a real life auction ar a vastly too low price and in my country you are forced by law to make the deal if someone buys it.
second thing: a stock exchange company selling my stocks without my permission at a low price is something different as someone else makes something for you and not yourself. if you yourself sell your stocks "by accident" too low then yes.. its ur fault and u have no chance to get it back.

Are you sure they have nothing in common? Both my examples relate to situations wherein there's a computer system that is programmed for users to buy and sell something or to perform a transaction.

And they clearly have fail-safes in place to prevent its users from making costly mistakes. And even if a mistake does happen, there usually is a method of recourse. (Of which there appears to be none...in our RCE game called "Entropia Universe".)

(Do you need me to state their fail-safes? No...clearly you do.

Interbank: Transactions are performed...step by step....with a need to enter a transaction pin number as well as a "final confirmation" whereby the key information are listed out in detail...and clearly.

Stock Exchange System: Sells stock to the highest buy order or buys stock from the lowest sale order. This prevents you from "bleeding" by an accidental mistake when keying in your orders.
)

But my problem is the fact that there is clearly something wrong with the way MA has programmed/designed their platform...so much so that there's people making such mistakes.

As for your public auction example, yes...if I ordered something to be sold at $ XXX and it ends up that its true value is $ YYYY, then that's my loss....and I accept that.

However, in our particular scenario, its our player here using the platform that MA has designed...to sell his/her CLDs/AUDs/Compet deeds...thinking that they're selling them for XXX PEDs each....when instead they're actually selling their entire stack for XXX PEDs.

And the fact that there's so many occurrences of these mistakes all "shouts out loudly" that there's clearly something wrong with its design.

And though its true that you cannot protect/prevent a "fool" from making mistakes....but that many "fools" around here clearly states that there's something wrong with its design.

(And if you still don't see that....then no amount of my explanation will get through to you...)

At the end of the day, selling those deeds in our present auctioning system is clearly faulty and a potential hazard.

And the fact that such costly mistakes can happen...is a direct result of MA having lost their way with the plot and purpose of an RCE game we call "Entropia Universe".

They have clearly attracted far too many "investors" and "profiteers" rather than "gamers".

Last edited:
well... as you stated this "accident" happened quite a lot of times already. thats why i dont get how people still dont know how to do these auctions properly. every. single. fucking. time. this has happened there was a thread from these guys whining and crying and it has been explained every damn time how it works. how can people still dont know this? first time i was selling mutliple deeds i was wondering why the interface is a little different than usual, as its a stackable item without % but rather with tt+ setup. so i asked someone. i checked it myself. and it was easy to understand how it works. if someone is not completely blind or stupid then they should see the difference. and the warning. and if someone is still not sure how it works, after asking someone or thinking for themselves, they could have just asked someone or looked in the forum or made a post about it on forum asking for help.
also at the latest 120k accident he just misplaced items in there. instead of 1 he put in the complete stack. so the price for this accident was quite unrelevant as he set it himself without even seeing that he put in the whole stack. and thats just a foolish mistake.

Here's a solution from a none-RCE game to avoid this kind of mistakes;
You clearly see the average price based on the market data on buying/selling window.

eon_selling_window.jpg

As RCE, i don't understand why EU has a flagrant lack of tools for the market/ing/AH.
If EU want to be a leader in his category, he need to act like one.

Last edited:
Of course we all know it was an error.

And Yes you can list all of the real life examples of these errors being retracted and sales cancelled because both sides knew it was an error... etc.. etc.

That's all great and good. But in EU there was no consistency in resolution.

Some were told tough luck, be better next time. And then you get this incident, where the buyer's account was basically frozen and MA intervened. So unless MA plans to be consistent with their interference, they should follow precedent. Choose.

Here's a solution from a none-RCE game to avoid this kind of mistakes;
You clearly see the average price based on the market data on buying/selling window.

<Eve Pic>

Eve Online overhauled their contract interface for similar reasons to what we're facing now. People were accidentally making errors in listing things and losing significant money when a missing 0 could cost you a fortune.

So they addressed it pretty early on and made the new interface much easier to read and understand.

If only MA would act so quickly to benefit all players. :rolleyes:

Doing things by accident is one thing...

Doing it drunk off your ass is a well deserved kick in the nuts.

I think the real lesson here is alcoholism is destructive but beneficial to people who deserve to feed on your corpse.

Or its perfectly okay for the stock exchange system to sell whatever holdings you have in a stock at whatever (lowball) price you've keyed in rather than at whatever price that the other people's orders are buying at?

This happens in after hours trading all the time. There is also a warning when you list for lower than 90% of the current market price in entropia, there is no warning on the stock market.

This happens in after hours trading all the time. There is also a warning when you list for lower than 90% of the current market price in entropia, there is no warning on the stock market.

I get a warning on the stocks I trade if I try and trade under a threshold....

Really? Hmmmmm.....

In my country, the trading happens only when the stock market is open. You can queue your orders during after market hours, but the system will only recognize it when the stock market opens the next day.

There is a 15 minute window before the stock market closes (for the day) that the system grinds to a halt and processes orders one by one....instead of instant execution....but even then....I don't believe that it allows lowball offers to pass through at the keyed in prices though (so long as the "support" is still there).

Surprisingly, even in our financial markets in the real world, mistakes can still happen. But thankfully for them, there are still safeguards in place....which our Entropia Universe....desperately needs imo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat-finger_error

Something interesting to ponder that I came across:
User inputs are often sanity checked but “are you sure” dialogs are automatically clicked (without reading them)...

So seriously, I don't think adding that works as a safeguard in our game...cause most of us have already became numb to them.

Last edited:
its not really MAs fault though if people ignore the warnings for whatever reason, right?

caution-bridge_out.jpg

There are warning signs and warning signs though.... (look closely) :xwink:

Unfortunately the current auction one we have pops up a warning even when I sell things at the week price, and a warning notice like that quickly becomes ignored by everyone.

He got locked for investigation, next day i saw him online.
6 years later and they still don't do anything about exploiters. Thats what make ppls lose confidence in a game. Even worse the game is RCE. I mean they could give a warning if u get caught exploiting (hunting with quad) + take your loot and second time = perma ban. Bothunters should be perma ban without warning. Years ago i was in pvp4 and guess what some guys were using invisible vehicles to hide from your shoots ...they did nothing about it lol then the tango exploit to reset the reload..that was annoying af...nothing done.
Thing is from what i see now if Mindark is losing money they FIX it in few mins if we lose money they don't care or take ages to fix.

I'm done for now.

Of course we all know it was an error.

And Yes you can list all of the real life examples of these errors being retracted and sales cancelled because both sides knew it was an error... etc.. etc.

That's all great and good. But in EU there was no consistency in resolution.

Some were told tough luck, be better next time. And then you get this incident, where the buyer's account was basically frozen and MA intervened. So unless MA plans to be consistent with their interference, they should follow precedent. Choose.

That's the thing... you can claim all you like that safeguards won't work but the right ones will.. and if entropia is trying to do more to bring new folks in the game (which they are and it shows), then certain critical areas need to be updated to act like this is the best rce ever created and is user friendly and not like it's the only one on the internet.

That's the thing... you can claim all you like that safeguards won't work but the right ones will.. and if entropia is trying to do more to bring new folks in the game (which they are and it shows), then certain critical areas need to be updated to act like this is the best rce ever created and is user friendly and not like it's the only one on the internet.

RCE game is only one. Entropia. Merry Christmas

If it were to develop like this, we would have a game like any other which is on time in the market. I would not like that I think. People make mistakes like MJ, but this error did not happen by system, but because he had drunk and had been inattentive.

It is not right to make others responsible for their own inattentiveness. The auction house is used daily and others also use it properly. Unfortunately it belongs to the fact that from time to time, one or the other makes a mistake..

I've wasted quite a bit of money in Entropia whenever I'd been drinking... The lesson here would be: Don't drink and ...Play Entropia? :scratch2:

I agree with what you're saying... however I think the biggest problem is the money just isn't there enough for them to care. Let's be realistic here their profit margins have been shrinking year upon year which is verified by the fact that CLD payouts have done nothing but freefall since day 1. Additional even arkadia deeds haven't exactly have explosive growth in their payout either.

The active player base is more than likely smaller than ever - looking to entropia life as a guideline you can see the drop in the unique avatars globalling and this is even with the bonus of the newly introduced global sizes of as low as 5 ped.

I think the average live of most new players is like 3 - 6 weeks with an average deposit total of like $50.

Entropia's marketing is horrible - the framing of this game brings people in with the wrong attitude - so many come in thinking that EU is gonna pay them to play and that this is a viable alternative to a 9 to 5 job. I think it's shameful that they haven't even implemented an affiliate program yet despite years of promise of one too. So not only does their marketing suck but they refuse to give the existing players the tools and incentive to help market the game for them. No no... instead they're trying to bring in a couple more bucks by trying to sell avatar statues (WTF?).

Arrggg.. it's frustrating and has been said to death by many. This game needs an overhaul and the focus needs to be corrected as they have lost their way. They are trying to be too many things and have stagnated.

Back