Time for MA's management to sit down together, think and discuss...

sawachika

Old Alpha
After this recent incident, I think its high time for MA and its management to really sit down and think about the whole future of Entropia Universe.

Where do you think your heading with EU? How are you gonna steer it towards that vision? Is it gonna be just another game in the sea of games? Will the game cater to casual/careless players, will it be for the serious/careful types or will it still be for all kinds of players and everything in between?

But most importantly, will it still be RCE or will it change towards the micropayment "cash shop" kind?

Why am I posting this? Because I kindda get this feeling that after ten plus or so years, you've "appeared" to have lost your way.

Too little was done and most probably too late, resulting in what happened now....a 120k PEDs mistake.

Players have already been telling you about it since months or even years...that something was wrong with the deed auctioning...and inherently puts players at risk when selling them. You should have nipped it in the bud when they were still in the "thousand" peds region.

But now, you've gotten yourself in between a rock and a very hard place.

Saving MJ (which was good imo) meant that you've betrayed those whom you didn't save in the past (helen and the rest that I can't remember).

Though I rightfully think that you should do something about them too...but frankly....it might be tough since too much time have passed. Most probably you should compensate them somehow....on a case by case basis imo.

But anyway, back to the point...

Will this game still be an RCE?

Should you decide that it remains as an RCE, then you will inevitably be faced with even more of such situations in the future.

Next time, it will be something of the value of upwards of 300k PEDs or more.

Where will it occur? Who knows...

Maybe it might be another auction deed error, maybe it might be someone carrying lootable stuff from one planet to another...through PVP space...and due to some bug, ends up losing that much of a fortune despite using a mothership, maybe it might be a trust scammer who was able to get enough players to "invest" in him so much so that he's amassed that much money and then runs off into pvp lootable to get himself "looted"....thus hiding behind the "all trades are final" clause (who knows....but it will surely happen).

What then will you do?

So long as the game continues to involve cold hard cash and stays as an RCE, such a situation will surely happen.

Clear guidelines have to be set.

- When will MA start to get itself involved? In what sort of situations (due to bugs or player's mistake)?
- What sort of time limit before the case is deemed "overdued" and will no longer be entertained?
- At what sort of PED ranges (from thousands or tens of thousands onwards)?
- What sort of costs will it incur (on the player)?
- And most importantly, how (through mediation or hardcore interference)?

After that, let the players know about them (the guidelines)...so they could judge for themselves whether it is "worth it"...to revert that "costly" mistake.

TLDR;?

Its time for you to do an overhaul for EU. Fix the bugs, revamp the auction, reinvent PVP lootable (planetside and space) and most preferably....put in some fail-safes...in areas whereby people could possibly make costly mistakes.

For instance, when traveling into PVP space, convey to the player how much of what he's bringing is "lootable" and what sort of TT values will he be "risking".

Simply putting "this is lootable and that isn't" in the item info window...doesn't cut it.

When involving high valued transactions, "force" the players to manually "key" in some randomly generated words....or their own "personal" pin or something....would allow enough time for that player to "READ" what he's doing?

Stuffs like that should probably work as a good enough fail-safe, imo? :confused:

- End of Rant -

Addendum:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-and-discuss&p=3539487&viewfull=1#post3539487

Last edited:
All very sensible and easily done.

Personally I suspect that whilst keeping the rce concept MA will move more into allowing players to buy or perhaps rent more powerful weapons, finders etc. After all what is the point in skilling up if one can just pop a pill :)

In Eve Online there was a scammer who was able to get enough players to "invest" in him. He had a bank for many years, paid interest, paid money out. All this was planned long ago to make the big fraud. When he got the money he wanted, he closed the bank and kept it.

The players complained to the support, but this said that the player had a lot of work in this scam and it was planned long-term. The Eve Universe is merciless and it is part of the game to get an advantage.

This has not hurt the game .. but it pushed even more. I think no one wants to play a game where the support interferes with every thing and prescribes adult people how you have to act, sell and play.

If it were to develop like this, we would have a game like any other which is on time in the market. I would not like that I think. People make mistakes like MJ, but this error did not happen by system, but because he had drunk and had been inattentive.

It is not right to make others responsible for their own inattentiveness. The auction house is used daily and others also use it properly. Unfortunately it belongs to the fact that from time to time, one or the other makes a mistake..

Clear guidelines and they absolutely MUST have a PR department ( Not marketing - im talking about public RELATIONS) handle this ASAP ! Being in PR myself i can assure you MA apparently havent grasped just how damaging this, in my view "hostage drama" can be for them in the gaming community - that by the way is how the haters will headline this latest incident.

Due to the situation and monies involved it will eventually make waves. Fortunately although i AM disgusted with MA's handling of the buyers account i do not want to see this platform fail.

You all at MA will HAVE to address that incident and not only that it has to be done CAREFULLY. Your PR agency if they are any good would have predicted these sorts of scenarios in their pre-emptive planning sessions and at least scripted for something similar - if not planned for it. If they have not then FIRE THEM ! At least get some sort of generic first response comment out there, "we are reviewing" to buy time to cover your basis with a proper response. This thing is gonna eat you guys - in this industry you got perhaps 2 weeks ( i would say a week and a bit) before the various independent blog articles start getting picked up outside of EU and into the gaming community and flares up !

Welcome to "EU-Gate" lol - but seriously GET BUSY !

Last edited:
DaisyColdFinger :

Fortunately although i AM disgusted with MA's handling of the buyers account i do not want to see this platform fail.

I agree with that....

Next time, it will be something of the value of upwards of 300k PEDs or more.

Where will it occur? Who knows...

Maybe it might be another auction deed error, maybe it might be someone carrying lootable stuff from one planet to another...through PVP space...and due to some bug, ends up losing that much of a fortune despite using a mothership, maybe it might be a trust scammer who was able to get enough players to "invest" in him so much so that he's amassed that much money and then runs off into pvp lootable to get himself "looted"....thus hiding behind the "all trades are final" clause (who knows....but it will surely happen).

What then will you do?

nothing because unicorns doesn't exist, mistakes were made and sometimes they are expensive.
take responsibility for your actions .... damn!

In Eve Online there was a scammer who was able to get enough players to "invest" in him. He had a bank for many years, paid interest, paid money out. All this was planned long ago to make the big fraud. When he got the money he wanted, he closed the bank and kept it.

The players complained to the support, but this said that the player had a lot of work in this scam and it was planned long-term. The Eve Universe is merciless and it is part of the game to get an advantage.

This has not hurt the game .. but it pushed even more. I think no one wants to play a game where the support interferes with every thing and prescribes adult people how you have to act, sell and play.

If it were to develop like this, we would have a game like any other which is on time in the market. I would not like that I think. People make mistakes like MJ, but this error did not happen by system, but because he had drunk and had been inattentive.

It is not right to make others responsible for their own inattentiveness. The auction house is used daily and others also use it properly. Unfortunately it belongs to the fact that from time to time, one or the other makes a mistake..

Haven't had the chance to play Eve Online before, but if I'm not wrong, their virtual currency isn't linked to real life cash in the way that our EU does right?

As such, there might not be a need for them to intervene. And they may even make it as a "unique point" in their game.

But so long as EU stays an RCE, they "have" to intervene at some point in time...or risk getting sued themselves...one way or another...when the stakes start to get too high....be it due to bugs or player's mistakes or inadequate "protection" or not being "clear enough" in the system's design (for auction transactions or entering PVP space).

There's no way they can avoid it or avert their eyes from this. (Being an RCE.)

That's why I've mentioned that they sit down to discuss in between themselves....where they want EU to go.

MA presumably knows what it's doing.

Oh who am I kidding, lol. :laugh:

I think they get too caught up with "adding functions / features" that they ignore the bugs and issues which exist within the system, hoping that nothing wrong will happen in a big way / exposed in a big way. When shit happens, as it inevitably does, they don't have a Plan B and they are pretty much flying by the seat of their pants.

And I am sure compets is also taking up some resources, no matter how much they deny it. They are not a huge company, with alot of experienced people to run multiple stand alone teams successfully.

If they actually say, ok, we are going to take the next 6 months to 1 year just to fix the bugs/issues without adding any new features, am sure we can all cheer them on.

nothing because unicorns doesn't exist, mistakes were made and sometimes they are expensive.
take responsibility for your actions .... damn!

Doing nothing doesn't cut it. Unless everyone's holding just a measly amount of peds...

But once the game aims/starts to attract "investor"-sized players with deep pockets.

You can be sure something will give/bend.

At the moment, for instance, PVP lootable space only tells us that we will get looted in space. But at no point in time do we "know" for sure what is lootable and what isn't.

It is only up to our "experience" which tells us what gets looted.

A newly introduced item (remember those lootable skill pills?) even had to be tested by physically looting it to be able to tell whether it gets looted.

And that's a flaw.

Someone new to the game with a very deep pocket accidentally carries a huge insane amount of items, gets summoned into space, gets looted, gets very angry and summons his lawyer to sue.

You get the idea?

Its a potential liability...so long as the game stays RCE.

In an RCE, a trade is not final if it is not legal. What was wrong with the latest incident has been pointed out. But being right and getting right are two different things. The question of applicable jurisdiction and access to recourse if needed is the part which needs clarification.

Haven't had the chance to play Eve Online before, but if I'm not wrong, their virtual currency isn't linked to real life cash in the way that our EU does right?

As such, there might not be a need for them to intervene. And they may even make it as a "unique point" in their game.

But so long as EU stays an RCE, they "have" to intervene at some point in time...or risk getting sued themselves...one way or another...when the stakes start to get too high....be it due to bugs or player's mistakes or inadequate "protection" or not being "clear enough" in the system's design (for auction transactions or entering PVP space).

There's no way they can avoid it or avert their eyes from this. (Being an RCE.)

That's why I've mentioned that they sit down to discuss in between themselves....where they want EU to go.

Their virtual currency is linked to real life cash. You can buy ingame with ingame Cash a Plex, with this you can play 30 Days. The Plex you can also sell on Ebay for real cash or buying from Ebay for real cash.

Years of age buy people via ebay plex to buy large ships ingame, have bigger pay ingame or to support their own soc. I have in the past myself made a lot of money with the Plex sale. This was good real money, several thousand dollars.

Watch here :

Click

In an RCE, a trade is not final if it is not legal. What was wrong with the latest incident has been pointed out. But being right and getting right are two different things. The question of applicable jurisdiction and access to recourse if needed is the part which needs clarification.

thats the point, in RL if ie Amazon lists a PS4 for 25p instead of £250, they legally can cancel the purchase as the law accepts errors can be made and sellers shouldn't be held to ransom for it.

imo it would be a bigger PR disaster if left as it was, stories of how you can just lose $12k by 1 misclick or 1 loss of concentration. it would also increase the number of auction bots looking for your mistakes and players would be paranoid when listing items.

something needs to be done, maybe like sawachika with the data box, maybe that should ask you to confirm how many you are listing, so if you dragged 1925 instead of 1, when the box appears you will either type in 1 and it will error or you glance at your order and realise

another is to make the seller release the items after the buyer buys using buyout. while inconvenient it gives that final check and :-
screw up now and its all on you
Cancel the sale for valid reasons (large underpricing on deeds), will lead to an auction ban for so long
Cancel the sale for invalid reasons (repeated cancelling to troll users, holding sale to ransom) , will lead to longer auction ban and futher auction like fines
During this time it should be made possible for buyers to cancel too and the item is relisted

Last edited:
Lose RCE and you'd nail the final coffin into EU, lets face it gameplay wise it's way behind other games in the market.

The problem isn't that it's RCE, the problem is the amounts involved.

Where do you think your heading with EU? How are you gonna steer it towards that vision? Is it gonna be just another game in the sea of games? Will the game cater to casual/careless players, will it be for the serious/careful types or will it still be for all kinds of players and everything in between?

It never has been for the average player.
Its RCE and thats what make it completely different to all those thousands other MMOs.

Once MA change this, and make EU non RCE - well then I will be gone and many many others, too.

All avatars are equal
All trades are final​

since 2004 i spend additional time whit spliting stacks, confiming amounts , double, tripple checking
anything i sell to pvp trade, TT or auction ,cause if anything is wrong its ONLY MINE mistake.

so question now is since not all avatars are equal and not all trades are final
WHERE starts this RICH IDIOT PRIVILIGE???

What amount of ped is still ONLY YOUR mistake and you get no refund and only paste and copy support answer whit nothing we can do...

and what amount of ped it become NO problem we fix it for you

I hope MA will concentrate on the RCE aspect of EU but there has been very little movement in this direction for a good 4-6 years imo.

Mostly new updates have been towards killing this aspect :(.

This year's statue auction is another example... How does this advance the RCE?

My guess is that MJ told mindark that he lost the deeds to someone auction scamming. And mindark would temp lock to investigate. They can do this. He wasn't banned and pit bull said he handed them back willingly. End of story.

Everything else is just noise, pcf cancer, and people being overdramatic. Just stahp right meow.

We're losing focus of the bigger problem of 1) playing rce while drunk. That never goes well and 2) the auction UI needs refreshing. Not because it needs to be fail proof but because it's simply antiquated and they can do better.

thats the point, in RL if ie Amazon lists a PS4 for 25p instead of £250, they legally can cancel the purchase as the law accepts errors can be made and sellers shouldn't be held to ransom for it.

imo it would be a bigger PR disaster if left as it was, stories of how you can just lose $12k by 1 misclick or 1 loss of concentration. it would also increase the number of auction bots looking for your mistakes and players would be paranoid when listing items.

something needs to be done, maybe like sawachika with the data box, maybe that should ask you to confirm how many you are listing, so if you dragged 1925 instead of 1, when the box appears you will either type in 1 and it will error or you glance at your order and realise

another is to make the seller release the items after the buyer buys using buyout. while inconvenient it gives that final check and :-
screw up now and its all on you
Cancel the sale for valid reasons (large underpricing on deeds), will lead to an auction ban for so long
Cancel the sale for invalid reasons (repeated cancelling to troll users, holding sale to ransom) , will lead to longer auction ban and futher auction like fines
During this time it should be made possible for buyers to cancel too and the item is relisted

that amazon example STRONGLY depends on the countrys laws. in germany there happened similar stuff quite a few times and they all got sued so they had to make the deal as advertised. so what you are saying is only partially true, if at all.

I hope MA will concentrate on the RCE aspect of EU but there has been very little movement in this direction for a good 4-6 years imo.

Mostly new updates have been towards killing this aspect :(.

This year's statue auction is another example... How does this advance the RCE?

You shouldn't fault the planet partner calypso for finding various revenue streams. A rce doesn't always have to be where items are tradable 100% of the time. I'm not defending avatar bound stuff, rather them selling off momentos like these statues. Would you rather have invisible armor that no one can see with basic stats for 250% the cost of regular armor? The avatar bound gear and pills I have issue with because we have them because the gear system and markup is fragile and it shouldn't be. I also have 6000 ped of neuro-ys I'll never use and L rings I was supposed to be able to do stuff with that they've not gotten to.

that amazon example STRONGLY depends on the countrys laws. in germany there happened similar stuff quite a few times and they all got sued so they had to make the deal as advertised. so what you are saying is only partially true, if at all.

its certainly in force in the UK

Argos apologises for 49p TV error
Surfer online
Internet shoppers rushed to place orders
Thousands of internet shoppers who bought a television and DVD normally priced at £350 for 49p have been told the deal was too good to be true.

Argos and Homebase are refusing to honour the website deals apologising and saying the mistake in pricing was down to a "genuine internal error".

About 10,000 customers had bought the 28" TV and DVD over the Bank Holiday.

A consumer expert told the BBC the transactions would be void because both parties would know this was a mistake.

Consumer expert Jonathan Woodroffe, of the solicitors Ashley Wilson, said: "The contract is void. If the deal is too good to be true, it is."

they admittaly use T&C's to protect themselves and its legally binding

"The key is to address pricing errors in the terms and conditions, to make sure these conditions are accepted by customers when they order and to send an order acknowledgement that doesn't undermine that protection, according to Robertson. And this is what Argos did.

Its terms and conditions (taken from Homebase.co.uk but very similar to those on Argos.co.uk) include the following provision:

"While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.""

but the line is, if both sides know its a mistake, it should be able to be cancelled, afaik if the item is despatched however its yours, they have no legal comeback. on an auto transfer, your screwed and thats why i suggested a confirmation from the buyer

such a buyer confirmation would fuck up the whole market though. as people would spam the auction with fake offers to drive prices up or down as they please...

such a buyer confirmation would fuck up the whole market though. as people would spam the auction with fake offers to drive prices up or down as they please...

i believe your right, thats why there would need to be punishments for cancelling any sale. be it 10% of the item value or sale price (whatever is higher) and banned from using auction for so long. i'm not sold on the idea myself, id rather just see fixed stacks removed from the auction, and if you list 300 deeds at 68, someone can break your stack and buy 1, 10 or 300 of them at the 68 ped price. but that is a bigger amount of coding for MA

Last edited:
After this recent incident, I think its high time for MA and its management to really sit down and think about the whole future of Entropia Universe.

Where do you think your heading with EU? How are you gonna steer it towards that vision?

Its time for you to do an overhaul for EU. Fix the bugs, revamp the auction, reinvent PVP lootable (planetside and space) and most preferably....put in some fail-safes...in areas whereby people could possibly make costly mistakes.

and most importantly get me my money back from the broken aakas 04 instance where i paid ammo for half the instance and the key and it was not finishable as the fucking door after the cave wont open... but that seems not possible as it was over a year ago and i didnt receive any reply, nor compensation although this was a clear case of MA fucking up and leaving it open

Where's the original pages long thread that MJ started?

The original long thread was closed by 711 as requested by MJ.

But that's not the point of this thread. Its not to discuss as per what really happened between MJ and Pitbull. That's their business and not mine really. ^_^

The point of this thread of mine is to point out to MA, from my point of view, the things that have "gone wrong" with Entropia Universe. And with the incident between MJ and Pitbull, became even more glaringly obvious.

From my point of view, MA appears to have lost their way with the entire plot and purpose of EU. And because they have lost their way, stuff gets implemented which are "half-done/half-baked", "doesn't quite serve any or so purpose to enhance gameplay" or perhaps even "detrimental to the entire concept of RCE".

First off, MA has to be clear (in their mind) what they want to do with EU and from there on, implement/introduce stuff that builds onto that purpose or vision. However, from what I can see, they've haphazardly introduced a bunch of things that they've not even yet completed before moving on to the next idea/concept of theirs.

* Think Pets, Tree harvesting, Stable owners, Mothership/Privateer owners, Citizenship, etc *

Individually, they may not be much, but if looked upon as a whole...together...it affects the concept of EU being an RCE.

Hence my question...does MA still want the game to be an RCE?

If the answer is a strong YES...and I sure will like EU to remain as one...because if it doesn't, it will be no different from all the sea of games that are out there....but in fact, seriously handicapped in the gameplay arena in comparison with those that are out there.

And so if they agree that this game continues to be an RCE....then from there onwards, they will inevitably get thrown into all sorts of silly situations that have to deal with cold hard cash....that they cannot hide behind and ignore.

Which was what happened with MJ and Pitbull, Helen (or was it helena), ....Gewitter's terramaster....and so on and so forth.

Because its an RCE, stuff in the game gets attached with "value(s)" that are linked to $$$$$. And because they will be linked to $$$$$$, MA cannot afford to introduce stuff haphazardly....cause it affects the entire concept of RCE.....$$$$$$. Which goes back to the point of where MA intends to bring EU and its residents to.

And because its an RCE.....$$$$$$....MA cannot afford to let its system's designs....gameplay....transaction platforms....be bugged or undeveloped to such an extent that it opens or exposes the players to potential mistakes.

* For instance, the PVP space which players don't even know for certain what stuff gets looted. If I remember correctly, when strongboxes were introduced, people who bought them carried those skill pills into space and got "relieved" of them. Who's fault was it? The player for carrying them into space? Or MA for failing to implement a warning mechanism which tells the player exactly what he is risking and for how much TT's worth? *

And that leads back to the question....where is MA planning to take EU and its residents to?

And because its an RCE.....$$$$$....MA cannot afford to play favoritism either.

How could they save MJ and yet not Helen (or was it Helena) as well as Gewitter (from what I've read, he mistook his terramaster for something else because they had the same icon/design....and who's fault was it then....for using the same icon/design)?

And that leads to the point in my OP, about setting clear guidelines....because when the game is an RCE.....$$$$$$....is involved and $$$$$$ that is of a large enough, sizeable amount.....can move the world.....the person in real life.....to do something which affects the game....EU and its universe.

And MA NEEDs those guidelines to sufficiently insulate themselves from fault....as well as make its systems....as idiot proof as possible....so as to insulate themselves from fault.

And that leads back to the original question....just where exactly is MA trying to lead this RCE game called Entropia Universe?

* Get my drift? *

:silly2:

not sure what this thread is aiming to do but I'm very certain I don't like its agenda. also, it's but a drop in an ocean of complaining. why anybody would care is beyond my guess.

face reality morons: to fix everything would only be possible by scrapping this game entirely and do eu 2. and that can't happen for obvious reasons. and even if they did exactly that, it still wouldn't be worse than the atrocious shit decisions other game developers pull on a regular base (e.g. with league of legends or path of exile) - and get away with scot-free. ergo, pure logic has no place in game developing, only catering to the masses has. and your complaining is moot and will forever be (like mine was with the abovementioned games).

so to sum it up: it's either

1.) continue as is, bumbling and haphazard as it may be
or
2.) shut it down, voiding all investment of time if not money

and with these 2 alternatives available, I very much choose 1, as I always had fun with this game since day 2 (not 1, the tutorial was horrendous to get through).

not sure what this thread is aiming to do but I'm very certain I don't like its agenda. also, it's but a drop in an ocean of complaining. why anybody would care is beyond my guess.

face reality morons: to fix everything would only be possible by scrapping this game entirely and do eu 2. and that can't happen for obvious reasons. and even if they did exactly that, it still wouldn't be worse than the atrocious shit decisions other game developers pull on a regular base (e.g. with league of legends or path of exile) - and get away with scot-free. ergo, pure logic has no place in game developing, only catering to the masses has. and your complaining is moot and will forever be (like mine was with the abovementioned games).

so to sum it up: it's either

1.) continue as is, bumbling and haphazard as it may be
or
2.) shut it down, voiding all investment of time if not money

and with these 2 alternatives available, I very much choose 1, as I always had fun with this game since day 2 (not 1, the tutorial was horrendous to get through).

And no...its not a clear cut two options either (as what you've stated above). That's only what you think is possible.

They can start to sit down and go through the features in EU (one by one), identify their strengths and weaknesses, find solutions to resolve them....and go about fixing/patching/improving their gameplay experience (as well as safety precautions) one by one, bit by bit.

That will surely improve the players' confidence in the game (as an RCE). As I'm sure there's plenty out there still waiting for something to happen to what they've trusted MA with....with their PEDs. (AKA...mothership/privateer owners, space pirates, stable owners, CLD owners, pet owners, compet deeds holders...etc)

Yes, they've got a lot to do. But that's no excuse to not get started. And certainly not an excuse to continue with introducing new half-baked ideas (that could possibly disrupt our RCE even further) while ignoring our present woes (and their lack of safety precautions...because its an RCE that we're dealing with).

Imagine if the stock exchange or forex platform that your using or even your online interbank transaction platform was buggy and was missing vital safety precautions.

And that resulted in you making a faulty transaction or mistake.

What would you do?

How would it affect the company that is providing that platform?

That's exactly what's happening and on-going here in Entropia Universe now.

Simply because its an RCE game.

And don't you think its funny and a bit ironical? That there's players nagging about how EU is a "game" and you "live with your mistakes". And yet on the other hand, compared CLDs/AUDs/Land Areas and the likes with real life financial investment vehicles and even boasted about how "amazing" their returns in EU was compared to those very financial investment alternatives?

So which is it? Is EU a game or an investment platform?

Was MJ wrong in putting his life savings into the game as an investment?

Is EU a game or an investment platform?

Is it right that people can "prey" on another's "mistake" and earn themselves a "windfall"?

Is EU a game or an RCE?

Is EU trying to attract gamers or investors?

Well....I've made my piece (and that's all I care about :laugh:).

They can read it....think through about it....decide whether its valid....or ignore it entirely (and wait for another shitstorm to happen....not a question of if....but rather when...).

And then when it does happen...you can be sure..."I told you so isn't too far behind."

;)

Last edited:
Back