Do we need more pyrite and dianthus?

Mac

Marauder
Mannanan Mac y Lir
Are you satisfied with the current amount of Pyrite and Dianthus available?

I have a t8 weapon. I like to rack it up with damage and/or accuracy enhancers so I can go kill big mobs and get the skills and potentially have a big loot event. I like to make my own enhancers so I can get the crafting skills and potentially a nice global or hof making them. However, Pyrite and Dianthus are getting hard to find, and when it is available in small amounts, it costs a lot.

I would go mine my own, but when I go mine for Pyrite I am lucky to get a couple of stones, I admit I am a lousy miner, mining doesn't really interest me, it doesn't seem like a good use of my time trying to go get my own mats in this case, so I am stuck buying it. Unfortunately, it seems like its becoming a scarce resource for some reason/s, I mean overall, not just during this event season. Since I can't craft my own I am only able to buy off AH or shops. Again, unfortunately enhancers are getting more expensive which is now at a level that I will stop buying them.

I would think MA would like us stacking our weapons with damage enhancers for the decay and increase the drop rate of Pyrite and Dianthus so we can load them up, but at the current rates, I am more likely to just let the ones I have break, and then step down my hunting activity accordingly. I will just go hunt smaller mobs that don't require enhancers thus reducing MAs, and enhancer sellers sales, and reduce my contribution to the economy which will have an impact on my progress. This makes me sad.

What's your thoughts?

Mining is a knowledge game.

Lets leave it as that for now.

I would like damage enhancers to come down though.. Haven't used them in over a year now.

Supply is WAY too low

Yes! Oh or is that No ? :scratch2:

Way too low. Mining my own Dianthus now because the prices have gotten too high, which means I'm not buying from miners and not doing my preferred activity, hunting.

too low!!!!!!!!

Dianthus isn't particularly hard to get, at least easier than devil's tail. The thing is, there is stuff even easier to obtain that hasn't yet been pounded into the ground. Until ignisium goes below 120, most people won't move their lazy arses to switch. (and some won't move even then, like all those folks who are still mining for gazz)

Just had a look on Entropialife:
Only 2(!) dianthus and 4(!) pyrite globals registered last seven days :eek:

"Mining is not worth it... everything is worth TT, MU is dead"

vs

"Markup of recourses is too high, it should drop more, MU should be near TT"

:confused::confused::confused:

vs

Exactly. Got the same people here complaining about MU vs. The price is too high.... :laugh:

vs

Exactly. Got the same people here complaining about MU vs. The price is too high.... :laugh:

Enjoy it while it lasts.

There seems to be plenty of dianthus selling according to the weekly/monthly sales figures ;)

Even if they increased the distribution by about 10% across the board, I suspect the price would jump down to 115-120%, which would make the average MU of Dianthus areas drop to unsustainable levels for miners.

Not sure I like the situation with pyrite. Something so important to hunting being locked to lootable PvP seems like a very strange design. But hey, it means more decay for Mindark!

There is already an unhealthy amount of undercutting going on due to mining amps/indoor mining and massive oversupply. But keeping supply too low for important resources encourages hoarding and unstable price spikes.

Before they increase availability of any important resource, there needs to be multiple/enticing ways to consume other resources (to boost markup) or the mining profession is soon be exclusive to L13 FOMA gamblers (like what happened to crafting with EPIV).

Last edited:
Well, how about this. A "meteor" or something falls, and deposits a quantity of dianthus or pyrite into the ground. This is in excess to the resource cap, so when it is gone, it is gone. However, instead of being normal dianthus or pyrite, it is "unstable" dianthus or pyrite. If it is not used in crafting within a certain time frame, it reverts to lyst, or nanocubes, or something.

Honestly the only thing MA really needs to do is to unlock enhancer crafting. Getting only 1 per success is horrible and makes the base price for nearly any of them 150%+.

Seems silly to reduce the cost to play on everything but enhancers.. the one thing people WANT to do to play more.....:scratch2:

Could it be the proliferation of weapons which can reach "über eco" territory of >3 dpp with accuracy enhancers has increased so much they feel the need to do something about it?

The problem is that mining in general is fucked up.

200-300% sounds great for the miners, but when all the other ores you get while targeting pyr/dian is virtually tt then your overall return is screwed up.

To fix mining you need to fix crafting, and I don't mean get rid of eplosives. Give crafters an incentive to click something other than explosives, this will give miners a better return and you'll get more people out there looking for ores.

Crafting is the heart of the game, without it the other professions die. If MA don't realise this soon then the game will die.

The problem is that mining in general is fucked up.

200-300% sounds great for the miners, but when all the other ores you get while targeting pyr/dian is virtually tt then your overall return is screwed up.

To fix mining you need to fix crafting, and I don't mean get rid of eplosives. Give crafters an incentive to click something other than explosives, this will give miners a better return and you'll get more people out there looking for ores.

Crafting is the heart of the game, without it the other professions die. If MA don't realise this soon then the game will die.

Mindark sort of dug themselves into a hole with this after the introduction of enormous mining amps coupled with 4 Indoor mining locations. There is no easy fix to bring back resource markup, unless they focus mostly on resources that can't be found indoors.

It's not just on Mindark though, all the planet partners would need to push requests for new blueprints and what not if we really wanted a healthy economy.

Arkadia released a new resource and new vehicle blueprints in the last patch, so at least ONE planet is taking a tiny step in the right direction.

Could it be the proliferation of weapons which can reach "über eco" territory of >3 dpp with accuracy enhancers has increased so much they feel the need to do something about it?

Go check how many bps need dianthus.

Yes supply is way to low..and some or buying out pages of the stuff and holding to resell when it goes up.
Its a sure thing and same thing as being done with Generic Nano Adjusters every anticipated upgrade mission VU.

Yes supply is way to low..and some or buying out pages of the stuff and holding to resell when it goes up.
Its a sure thing and same thing as being done with Generic Nano Adjusters every anticipated upgrade mission VU.

Another thought on this..now with mayhem being ongoing etc. People want to use dmg enhancers during events, I would place myself in the midlevel category players and just to be able to get a few enhancers for my weapon (that btw will not last me 40h's) I had to fork out like 800ped!! Pretty crazy and I am sure I will end up having to buy 500ped more.

Another thought on this..now with mayhem being ongoing etc. People want to use dmg enhancers during events, I would place myself in the midlevel category players and just to be able to get a few enhancers for my weapon (that btw will not last me 40h's) I had to fork out like 800ped!! Pretty crazy and I am sure I will end up having to buy 500ped more.

Yes, it is quite absurd.

Back