Results for the Calypso Explorer Contest

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
We are happy to announce the winners of the Calypso Explorer Contest!!
The quality of submissions was exceptionally high, so we decided to add some runners-up prizes, plus some extra prizes for the winners!
Both the previously stated prizes and the additional prizes can be seen below.

• 4th: Marie TheOne Omega!
  • 5th: Max Hec Walker!
  • 6th: Daniel Torrad gonzalez

• 1st: Frontier Vehicle (L), Colonists Standard Issue Jumpsuit (Black) & Chikara InvestaFoe ES500
  • 2nd: Frontier Vehicle (L) & Chikara InvestaFoe ES500 & Colonists Standard Issue Jumpsuit (White)
  • 3rd: Frontier Vehicle (L) & Chikara InvestaFoe ES400

• 1st: !3000 PED in Universal Ammo
  • 2nd: 2000 PED in Universal Ammo
  • 3rd: 1000 PED in Universal Ammo
4th, 5th and 6th position will get: Chikara InvestaFoe ES400 and 250 PED in Universal Ammo
Congratulations and thanks to all those who took the time to enter the contest!
Please Note:!
The “Frontier Vehicle (L)” prizes in the Previously Stated Prizes section were originally placeholders. They now refer to the “Pitbull Trailblazer (C,L)” vehicle.

!

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL

Nice bonus prizes!

Thanks all for your hard work you deserve it!

Great work! Now let's hope they stay actual for a couple of months at least.

Ah they snuck in 3k, 2k and 1k ped ammo as prizes as well, good to see!

Grats winners!

Already out of date (mul degen, feff elite etc) but they were good efforts at least :ahh:

yep as i guessed before, it's already out of date before it was published

for example fort isis was removed and the caperons there, and i bet we can find some more outdated spawns

what a waste of time! :mad:

Very nice work, well done winners!

No way, I'm having a stroke....

Someone call 911 :D

EDIT: Huge congrats to everyone !!!

Gratz to the winners! I'm happy to hear they upped the prizes I'm sure these maps to a LOT of work. All the maps look great and the #1 looks absolutely stunning - fantastic job!

Now... just a matter of updating the entropedia map to look this good and we're all set lol

Sorry, I sent my map in September just before they extended the deadline. A few spawns are outdated, but not many.

I will ask if I'm allowed to update and publish it here.

Took me about 110 hours to make :)

EDIT: Actually sent it after deadline was changed, but it was months ago anyway :)

Last edited:
Reactions: aia
Sorry, I sent my map in September just before they extended the deadline. A few spawns are outdated, but not many.

It's not your fault, it's that MA are so fickle and constantly changing spawns of creatures.

Gratz to the winners..

(More prizes paid by avatars, (universal ammo))

Rgds

Ace

Congratulations to all the winning cartographers! Glad to see all six received a prize.

Lots of dedication and flying about there.

Very useful information to all Calypsians, thanks for all the effort! :thumbup:

No way, I'm having a stroke....

Someone call 911 :D

EDIT: Huge congrats to everyone !!!

Gratz O2, well done, nice map!
I do wonder, will MA ask you to update it?
Will you give them source file for them to keep up to date?

Ah they snuck in 3k, 2k and 1k ped ammo as prizes as well, good to see!

Grats winners!

Indeed, couldn't agree more, guess that is what might have caused the stroke? :)

Already out of date (mul degen, feff elite etc) but they were good efforts at least :ahh:

yep as i guessed before, it's already out of date before it was published

for example fort isis was removed and the caperons there, and i bet we can find some more outdated spawns

what a waste of time! :mad:

You guys are putting words in my mouth... :mad:

Gratz to the winners..

Rgds

Ace

No, it is paid by the planet revenue.
But yes, it impacts the payouts that the CLD owners receive which is a cut from the planet revenue.

And after all, everything in our universe is paid by us, the players.

Gratz O2, well done, nice map!
I do wonder, will MA ask you to update it?
Will you give them source file for them to keep up to date?

I don't know but both ways look good to me. I don't mind the extra work to keep it updated.

Thanks.

EDIT: Actually sent it after deadline was changed, but it was months ago anyway :)

Your map looks great! :cool:
Honestly I stopped editing mine after about 37 hours because of that first vu mob changes.
But emailed it last minute with a cordially worded disapproval of MA changing mobs during their own mob mapping event.
Hmmm now I'm wondering if there was only 6 maps sent in???

Hmmm now I'm wondering if there was only 6 maps sent in???

Probably only 6 that were done decent... I imagine there were a few people submitting crap just to try for the prize. But yeah, considering the HUGE time investment and the proposed prizes I'm surprised even 6 people took the time to make maps.

I mean #1 took 110 hours... that time spent at a regular job paying just $15/hour would have netted well over $1500 USD - no where near the value of the prize (with added bonus).

I'm curious what they actually plan to do with this map

Probably only 6 that were done decent... I imagine there were a few people submitting crap just to try for the prize. But yeah, considering the HUGE time investment and the proposed prizes I'm surprised even 6 people took the time to make maps.

I mean #1 took 110 hours... that time spent at a regular job paying just $15/hour would have netted well over $1500 USD - no where near the value of the prize (with added bonus).

I'm curious what they actually plan to do with this map
It was a cheap solution for them to have an updated Map for the players

Gratz to the winners..

Rgds

Ace

I think the prize comes out of the revenue by the planet / company.

Nice work.

Would be nice to add a comment about density too.

Gratz to the winners.

Now, MindArk, can you actually do the right thing and make this map a live map on your website? Accesible from ingame would be actually awesome but I don't dare asking. Really simple one using symbols would be awesome, just to be zoomable, searchable and to be able to select various mobs together. Pretty much what Tanathos tried for Cyrene.

Is indeed cool to see the community at work but in the case of this game, is simply overwhelming for anyone but MA to keep it up and proper. Is also in their interest, while I wander around I saw many times huge spawns just sitting there, because people can't find them. And given the size of map is silly to say you explore once and you know it. Old Caly was easy to learn by heart in few months, the new one is simply too big.

But hey, what am I talking, they can't even give proper directions in the daily missions, what maps am I dreaming :laugh:

Nice work.

Would be nice to add a comment about density too.

You go and do that, mate :laugh: (1st map seems to actually have that)(ups my bad is maturity not density).

Fantastic effort by the winners, glad to see you got some peds thrown your way :)

Fantastic work and so much dedication. Many congratulations.

Do you think MA lost track of where the mobs were :)

Want to offer a big congratulations to the winners! I was itching for the Black Jumpsuit (to keep not to sell), and also interested in owning an ES500, so I can't help feeling a bit personally disappointed with my placing, but of course it was very awesome of MindArk to extend prize support down to us.

May as well post my entry, as I think there are still elements unique to it that could benefit the community.

https://s27.postimg.org/74j4vqo9t/Eudoria.jpg

Back