Info: Calypso Explorer Map

Status
Combibo and Cornundacauda spawns north of PA are a bit incorrectly laid out, they are separated and shaped differently. There is also an undocumented dense low maturity Exarosaur spawn.

yaeSSQq.png

Teal = Cornundacauda
Pink = Combibo
Purple = Exarosaur

Also, the entire area coated green has low maturity snablesnot male/female, daikiba cub/juvenile, berycled puny/juvenile and some gibnib mixed together, as opposed to the mostly pure (excluding the pocket of daikiba) snable spawn a bit further south.

I think this is my final note for this area,

zBf9tSv.png

The Rippersnapper are a wave spawn, but a small number of Calypsocod spawn here as a natural spawn, it's hard to come up with a decent layout for this but I think this is probably the best possible. (All dungeons and wave spawns should ideally come to be marked in purple for clarity)

Last edited:
Low maturity mid density Caudatergus only spawn located here, perfect spawn for players looking to work on their Caudatergus hunting challenge, isn't currently on the map.

Wupohia.png

Small bubble of Snarksnot alpha - prowler located inside of the low maturity Snarksnot/Plumatergus spawn

8mIQr3a.png

Last edited:
Thanks.

Just as a heads up, don't expect another update any time soon. I'm comfortable with the current release, doesn't have to be perfect and I'd like to spend the little time I have burning my PED card.

Good luck and have fun.

xVaHxcB.png

In the red square - I noticed this spawn of 3-5 birds is actually 50/50 gibnib and chirpy so gibnib should be marked here as well (my mistake).

In the water south of PA - I swam around but only found a small spawn of low maturity razortooth near the shores of PA, couldn't find rippersnapper or leviathan so the spawn should look more like this.

credit to Quint Landlord Vicious for letting me know, the low maturity snarksnot/armax beach spawn also continues on the side of fort ithica (and i would say it is actually better on this side)

pictured:

czfF9xq.png

This Berycled spawn also has some Turp spawning in it

pe399FE.png

The area marked here represents a small but high density low maturity Atrax only spawn, the terrain is a bit annoying and makes it easy to be swarmed with their aggro range but this is probably the best untaxed spot to grind Atrax hunting challenge (as it is per-kill based rather than kill points), the mixed spawn with Atrax/Chirpy/Sabakuma/Cornundacauda marked on the map does exist as well, this is seperate from that.

lqsyVSo.png

The area marked in purple here is a high maturity Maffoid wave event which isn't currently marked on the map

igduey8.png

This area east of Fort Fury has another unmarked Caperon spawn, all young, mid/high density.

YyqEVBN.png

Also, the map's legend should be changed to reflect that purple marked areas are either underground areas OR wave events, alternatively another colour could be used to specify between the two.

Last edited:
I noticed you removed the faucervix spawn but it is still there, low density young/mature faucervix here:

II3QKeO.png

Regarding the shinkiba, merp, exarosaur, tantillion, igni mix i looked everywhere and found no igni or tantillion in the area, just small exarosaur, shinkiba, merp, and chirpy very thinly spread out.

Oh, and I revisited the Razortooth spawn south of Port Atlantis and found it was shaped like this, but more importantly I realized they weren't actually low maturity Razorteeth, but that they were actually Razortooth Juveniles

zlrTq8t.png

Last edited:
bercycled and a few other spawn north of Corinth are 'puny' would be nice if map made that distinction as well as similar distinctions, especially for mobs that are in the iron missions.

bumping this post to beg for a v1.5 :flip:

c8SlvVJ.png

Alpha - Stalker Igni, mixed in with low maturity Merp.

Other Igni (and Tantillion) spawn seems to no longer be present, was replaced with the Caperon spawn I posted earlier :)

Last edited:
I have decided to publish the source file for this map so anyone can take over updating it. I don't have the time or energy to do it myself, I only ask that whoever decides to take over respect the 100+ hours I've put into this.

-Keeping them separated like this lets you lock or hide when editing to avoid accidental displacements and changes to layers you don't want to change (99% of the time you will work on the creature region one, so keep the others locked)

- To export the map to PDF simply save the changes and click on the menu File > Export. Select PDF from the dropdown menu. If you export with the default PDF quality the map will look like shit. So before exporting, click on "Options..." right next to the dropdown menu and change the Quality to MediumHigh and JPG compression, enable text selection if it's disabled to allow people to use CTRL+F.

- Maybe this could be uploaded to entropiawiki, its easy to keep track of edits and do rollbacks there.

In any case thanks and good luck !

Last edited:
I have decided to publish the source file for this map so anyone can take over updating it. I don't have the time or energy to do it myself, I only ask that whoever decides to take over respect the 100+ hours I've put into this.

This is the source file, a layered PNG image edited using Adobe Fireworks CS6:

Source file:
Calypso Explorer Map (PNG, 32Mb)

Helpful info:
-The image has 5 layers
  • TP Label: Containing the teleporter names
  • Teleporter: Contains the teleporter markers (blue circles)
  • Creature region: Creature labels and regions
  • Overlay: Version number and PvP regions
  • Background: Map image, legend and logo

-Keeping them separated like this lets you lock or hide when editing to avoid accidental displacements and changes to layers you don't want to change (99% of the time you will work on the creature region one, so keep the others locked)

- To export the map to PDF simply save the changes and click on the menu File > Export. Select PDF from the dropdown menu. If you export with the default PDF quality the map will look like shit. So before exporting, click on "Options..." right next to the dropdown menu and change the Quality to MediumHigh and JPG compression, enable text selection if it's disabled to allow people to use CTRL+F.

- Maybe this could be uploaded to entropiawiki, its easy to keep track of edits and do rollbacks there.

In any case thanks and good luck !

Thanks for this, I appreciate all the hard work you put into this map and I think with the help of the info you provided in this post I'll be able to put forth some updates to the map.

So much improvement, still lots of room to improve though! Here's my V1.5 :yay:

View or Download here:

PDF version 1.5 (11.0 Mb)

Changes:
- Added "Wave Spawn" colour code to the map's legend
- Fixed Combibo spawn N of PA
- Fixed Cornundacauda spawn N of PA
- Added Gibnib to island W of PA
- Fixed Razortooth Juvenile spawn S of PA
- Added Exarosaur spawn N of PA
- Added Daikiba Cub/Juvenile, Berycled Puny/Juvenile, Snablesnot, Bibnib spawn N of PA
- Marked Rippersnapper wave event N of PA
- Added Armax to Snarksnot spawn N of Fort Medusa
- Added Armax/Snarksnot spawn S of Fort Ithaca
- Added Cornundacauda to S of Fort Ithaca mix spawn
- Added Traeskeron Matriarch to spawn W of Fort Lahar
- Added Turp to Sharpclaw Ridge N of Corinth East Hangers
- Added Droka wave spawn at Hadesheim Crater N of Camp Phoenix
- Added Shinkiba wave spawn W of Twin Peaks
- Fixed Berycled N of Cape Corinth to say mention they are Puny
- Added Atrax spawn S of Corinth East Hangers
- Removed Livas teleporter
- Added Maffoid wave spawn N of Fort Sisyphus
- Added Atrax W of Billy's Spaceship Afterworld
- Added Caperon spawn E of Fort Fury
- Added/Fixed Exarosaur/Merp/Shinkiba spawn NE of Fort Fury + Added missing Chirpy
- Added Faucervix Spawn SE of Fort Fury, removing nonexistant Snablesnot spawn and lowering size of Zychion Citadel spawn area
- Added Igni spawn W of Eos
- Added marker for Shinkiba wave at Chug's Hideout
- Added Caudatergus spawn N of Jurra Plateau
- Added Drone spawn N of Jurra Plateau
- Fixed maturity level/difficulty of Foul/Berycled spawn N of Camp Echidna
- Added high maturity Snarksnot spawn N of Camp Echidna
- Added Neomex cave
- Added Typhon's Reach wave event
- Modified dimensions of Caperon spawn N of Fort Troy
- Added Hiryuu spawn N of Fort Troy
- Removed nonexistant Legionnaire/Trooper/Warrior spawn around Fort Troy
- Expanded Kerberos spawn E of Fort Troy
- Modified dimensions of Argonaut Elite spawn W of Fort Troy slightly
- Removed nonexistant Snablesnot from mix spawn S of Fort Ithaca
- Moved "Hiryuu" out of the water and on top of Combibo S of Nymphtown

Special thanks to Svarog for helping me out with getting the positions of some locations.

Also, I should mention, I downloaded and learned how to use Adobe Fireworks with no previous background in this kind of stuff just for this :laugh: Thanks for the inspiration

If anybody has any input whatsoever I greatly appreciate it, I want to make sure the next version is as good as possible!

Last edited:
Woah great job mate, and so fast :eek:

Maybe it's best if you go ahead and make a new thread, that way you can update the first post yourself. If you somehow manage to keep it up to date I think a lot of people will benefit from it.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: +rep

Status
Back