FYI: weapon and loot tracker overlay

jdegre

Elite
Society
Survival Program
Jesus jdegre de Gregorio
just as an experiment, a "proof of concept", whatever... :) a translucent overlay to keep track of various hunting-related parameters, always visible, and updated in real time.

as the title says, this is just FYI... something i'm working on, still lights-years away from "publicly distributable" status, but well, i just finished my 1st real hunting run, using this tool, and it seemed to work fine, so i felt like sharing :)

let me know what do you think...

just as an experiment, a "proof of concept", whatever... :) a translucent overlay to keep track of various hunting-related parameters, always visible, and updated in real time.

as the title says, this is just FYI... something i'm working on, still lights-years away from "publicly distributable" status, but well, i just finished my 1st real hunting run, using this tool, and it seemed to work fine, so i felt like sharing :)

Looks cool I really like the transparent background.

isn't there already a program that tracks already?
I think I saw a twitch stream with a similar tracker during mayhem?!.

Last edited:
Looks cool I really like the transparent background.

isn't there already a program that tracks already?
I think I saw a twitch stream with a similar tracker during mayhem?!.

Entropialife tracker does it.. an old app called hunter stats does also (although dps is always wrong). Not sure of anything that includes loot (outside of team) as ocr is quite touchy even the program I put together.

This looks so good, bin waiting for something like this for ages, can't wait for a public release

development is progressing fine, getting closer to a public release... i've been getting quite positive feedback on my twitch channel. if you want to have a look at the tool in action, check the stored videos in:

https://www.twitch.tv/jdegre

and, to answer some comments from the previous posts in this thread:

- the tools tracks loot from chat log, so it requires you to be in a team. it does NOT scan/OCR loot from screen. i know this is a showstopper for many people, but well, that's how it is :)

- yes, there are other tools doing similar things, from other players. this is not meant to replace any of these tools. i've just tried to do a tool that _personally_ fits my needs and tastes. if this ends up being useful for other people, that'd be great. take it as one more resource to choose from, in your tool set.

- this tool reads the keyboard, globally (i.e. without having the keyboard focus in the application). this is needed to detect weapon switching. to some people, this might be seen as a security risk, because the app might be able to read sensitive keystrokes. if you trust the developer (me), then I can assure that the app only reads those keys that it is configured to read (e.g., if you have your weapons mapped to keys 1-4, the app will ONLY read numbers 1-4). if you are worried about this point, and you are not ready to put so much trust in it, then disregard the app.

just watched the video and i really like the look of it. the loot tracking is not that important for me but the eco and weapon stats are nice. but id add two decimals to the cost tracker, which makes it more accurate.

awesome!, so people mostly can see return in tt like 85 % and don't think its 50% :D

jdegre; said:
- the tools tracks loot from chat log, so it requires you to be in a team. it does NOT scan/OCR loot from screen. i know this is a showstopper for many people, but well, that's how it is

I wish they would just add an option to display loot in chat when solo as well. I don't see why that would be a problem.

For me its great and it is what I need even without loot counting. However it would be nice to have 2-3 ready layouts of it: one for top center set up and one for left side of the screen to fit it between loot window and chat window like FiveDolla have :)

for those of you with a brave soul, you may want to alpha/beta test the app. please, read the instructions carefully here:

http://jdegre.net/pe/loot/

if you have never alpha-tested software, then maybe it's wiser to wait a bit until it becomes more stable... well, try it out at your own risk :wise:

...it would be nice to have 2-3 ready layouts of it: one for top center set up and one for left side of the screen to fit it between loot window and chat window

yeap, i have implemented that; you can switch between horizontal (expandable to the bottom), or vertical (expandable to the right) layouts. also, you can drag the windows. you can check it out here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/118524206

Sure I will test it :D

Will compare it with other app and see what are the results

Edit.

First question. How to calculate enhancers? System will not recognize when enh broke and add it to Dmg/pec?

Last edited:
Sure I will test it :D

Will compare it with other app and see what are the results

Edit.

First question. How to calculate enhancers? System will not recognize when enh broke and add it to Dmg/pec?

In the config file you have to put the total cost per shot, including enhancers, amp, ammo and everything.

The app doesn't detect broken enhancers.

In the config file you have to put the total cost per shot, including enhancers, amp, ammo and everything.

The app doesn't detect broken enhancers.

Yup I see it but Im not able to get avg enhancer break rate for my gun yet so I need to count clear dmg/pec for it :)

Maybe in the future we will get additional options :)

Looks nice. You should make a deal with MA and get them to implement it ingame ;):twocents::tiphat:

if you could add more decimals it would be accurate and very nice addon, but actually it does not count good at all because items with TT like 0.067 it counts 0.07 and after many kills its few peds diference, after many days its thousands of ped diference, after many years.... can be fixed please? thanks and good job.

if you could add more decimals it would be accurate and very nice addon, but actually it does not count good at all because items with TT like 0.067 it counts 0.07 and after many kills its few peds diference, after many days its thousands of ped diference, after many years.... can be fixed please? thanks and good job.

hmmm, that should not be like that. internally, everything is kept with full accuracy (so, 0.067 is accounted for as 0.067), but then values are rounded when displayed (with varying precision, depending on which type of value it is).

of course, there can always be bugs... are you sure that the app counts incorrectly, or what you have observed could be explained by the behavior described above?

Will be using this on my stream to test it out :)

Looks like I will finally need an account on your website. You should rent a space in a shop to sell token items to do so, so we don't need to find you. Kinda like EntropiaLife does :)

hmmm, that should not be like that. internally, everything is kept with full accuracy (so, 0.067 is accounted for as 0.067), but then values are rounded when displayed (with varying precision, depending on which type of value it is).

of course, there can always be bugs... are you sure that the app counts incorrectly, or what you have observed could be explained by the behavior described above?

Its true that it counts good on notepad but its rounded when displayed, so we need to open notepad to keep a good track of it in case you want to copy results to other place.. (?) also there's "total cost" on notepad but not "total loot" (only separated mats) so we need to check how much ammo we looted, split from total stack, then throw items to TT and see exactly what we got ;? I may be wrong but that's what I saw after trying it for some hours.

Imo would be nice to see exact numbers when displayed (atleast some more 00) it would make all easier.

Thanks!

Its true that it counts good on notepad but its rounded when displayed, so we need to open notepad to keep a good track of it in case you want to copy results to other place.. (?) also there's "total cost" on notepad but not "total loot" (only separated mats) so we need to check how much ammo we looted, split from total stack, then throw items to TT and see exactly what we got ;? I may be wrong but that's what I saw after trying it for some hours.

Imo would be nice to see exact numbers when displayed (atleast some more 00) it would make all easier.

Thanks!

yes, you're right, and that's intentional... just wanted to confirm if there were any bugs. the "session.txt" file, in principle, it's not meant to be used somewhere else, it's merely a file to keep data permanent, between restarts of the app. of course, nothing prevents you from copying whatever you need.

the reason why there is no "total loot" in this file is because the loot is calculated based on the items you looted, and the markup from markup.txt file. however, "total cost" needs to be stored in session.txt, because otherwise there is no way to know the accumulated cost of all your previous shots (since it depends on the weapon used for each shot).

Imo would be really nice to have 2 more decimals on screen and also flat TT return, well, I can make that second thing possible by putting all markups at 100% on notepad I guess, but the decimals would be kinda important :/

Apart from not counting broken enhancers, rest its really nice, thanks :)

Hmm it won't open for me at all on windows 10, any suggestions? No error or anything.

Hmm it won't open for me at all on windows 10, any suggestions? No error or anything.

happened to me one time, I had on decay "X,X " instead "X.X" and was unnable to open because that, maybe check it.

Ahh, similar issue, I had weapon 2 twice. Thanks!

EDIT: Now I get an issue "cannot open chat.log" but the directory for it is 100% correct.

Last edited:
Now I get an issue "cannot open chat.log" but the directory for it is 100% correct.

have you used a similar sintax as in the config.txt that comes in the zip file?

path=c:\\users\\USERNAME\\documents\\entropia universe\\chat.log

note the double backslash used in the path. other than that, i can only imagine a "username" that has special symbols or something like that... if you don't manage to make it work, you can PM me the path you have put, and i'll have a look at it.

All looted items that are not materials, as guns, armors, chips...etc appear as FULL TT but in reality they are not, that make huge errors, made a run of 3k ped, had 1k ped error on return just because that.

I guess there's no solution to that more than edit the TT of each item when looted because there's no TT amount on chat log?

· Need decimals (2 more atleast)
· Looted weapons, armors, chips...etc appear as full TT when looted even if they are not.

Rest are ok imo :)

Last edited:
All looted items that are not materials, as guns, armors, chips...etc appear as FULL TT but in reality they are not, that make huge errors, made a run of 3k ped, had 1k ped error on return just because that.

I guess there's no solution to that more than edit the TT of each item when looted because there's no TT amount on chat log?

· Need decimals (2 more atleast)
· Looted weapons, armors, chips...etc appear as full TT when looted even if they are not.

Rest are ok imo :)

this is what I wrote in the instructions page:

"Important: when you receive an item (non-stackable), the TT value is not recorded in the chat.log file, and therefore you need to input its TT value manually. You will find an "Edit" button to the right of the item's TT value, to enter the real TT value of the item. By default, the full TT value is added, initially."

I know, I know... nobody reads instructions... :) but, yeah, this is a limitation from the fact that loot is read from EU chat log, and not scanned from the screen. the chat log does not say the TT value of items, so I can either put them at full TT, or at 0 TT. I added this "Edit" button, so you can quickly enter the real value yourself.

Considering the amount of items looted on a typical run, it is not so much of a hassle, I hope :)

this is what I wrote in the instructions page:

"Important: when you receive an item (non-stackable), the TT value is not recorded in the chat.log file, and therefore you need to input its TT value manually. You will find an "Edit" button to the right of the item's TT value, to enter the real TT value of the item. By default, the full TT value is added, initially."

I know, I know... nobody reads instructions... :) but, yeah, this is a limitation from the fact that loot is read from EU chat log, and not scanned from the screen. the chat log does not say the TT value of items, so I can either put them at full TT, or at 0 TT. I added this "Edit" button, so you can quickly enter the real value yourself.

Considering the amount of items looted on a typical run, it is not so much of a hassle, I hope :)

Really sorry, worst thing is I looked at instructions but not very well :)

Anyway was obvious and makes sense, thanks for sharing your work!

Last thing is hope you can add decimals on screen, also I would like to give an small donation in PED in case you acept them.

Just tried this..and its great! Thanks :)

Just tried this..and its great! Thanks :)

thanks mate :)

i will try to make updates with the different suggestions i've got so far (detection of broken enhancers, add cost of healing, increase decimal points in some fields of the app, etc..), but i'm really having lots of work IRL, and cannot update it (or even play EU at all) as often as i'd like...

Back