Privateer ?

xXSqUaLLXx

Prowler
Society
Mine To Extract
xXSqUaLLXx
I might be buying some spaceship soon, and was wondering what I could be looking for costwise for the smallest viable ship to travel safely through the universe (equus doesn't count).

Thanks !

I might be buying some spaceship soon, and was wondering what I could be looking for costwise for the smallest viable ship to travel safely through the universe (equus doesn't count).
Thanks !

Hiya,
why doesn't an equus count? If your only criterion is particular degrees of safety and if you travel light, then the extra speed of an equus is a safety feature that could be said to beat a privateer that has not been moderately SI-upgraded. A price tag of 45-50k could get you either a lowish SI privateer or an equus I would think, but they are very different in their functionalities (carried weight, crew, hunting options etc). Edit: I don't know if speed hacks/exploits have finally been removed by MA or whether equuses have ever been caught by such a hack.

Also to bear in mind at least is that MA have been promising changes to space for quite some time and the length of time that MA give for making a return on new introductions to the game has often been a couple of years. After that, better things may come along and lower the values of these. For space this might mean new ship types, but we do not know (as usual). On the other hand, changes to space may benefit an existing vehicle type/s. Personally I do think 2017 will finally see some changes, possibly big ones, so be aware of the uncertainties...

Hiya,
why doesn't an equus count? If your only criterion is particular degrees of safety and if you travel light, then the extra speed of an equus is a safety feature that could be said to beat a privateer that has not been moderately SI-upgraded. A price tag of 45-50k could get you either a lowish SI privateer or an equus I would think, but they are very different in their functionalities (carried weight, crew, hunting options etc). Edit: I don't know if speed hacks/exploits have finally been removed by MA or whether equuses have ever been caught by such a hack.

Also to bear in mind at least is that MA have been promising changes to space for quite some time and the length of time that MA give for making a return on new introductions to the game has often been a couple of years. After that, better things may come along and lower the values of these. For space this might mean new ship types, but we do not know (as usual). On the other hand, changes to space may benefit an existing vehicle type/s. Personally I do think 2017 will finally see some changes, possibly big ones, so be aware of the uncertainties...

Thanks for your reply, equus doesn't count to me, because if you want to come back from wherever you go with ressources on you, then you are at risks, since the way it goes right now is that people log off to have a safe travel, and logs back in, when they reached a safe destination, as far as I understand equus doesn't allow that.

Which seems pointless to me, especially since the ballpark on cost you mentionned is basically the same right now.

The main purpose is safety and risk free.

Did you see the one on auction?

... the way it goes right now is that people log off to have a safe travel, and logs back in, when they reached a safe destination, as far as I understand equus doesn't allow that.

Ok. Already a long time ago now MA indicated that they wanted to change the travelling while logged off thing, but presumably encountered a number of problems with all the other options they considered.
For now, what you describe is correct, yes.

Did you see the one on auction?

Actually, no I haven't, I will take a look, right now I am just starting to concider the purchase =).
Might push the buy out button tho if it looks fine :D.

Actually, no I haven't, I will take a look, right now I am just starting to concider the purchase =).
Might push the buy out button tho if it looks fine :D.

I don't know much about them, people say they want this or that SI, I don't see SI on the deed info, unless its Max Structural Integrity, and in that case this one has 500? I don't know if that is good or not for a Privateer?:scratch2:

I don't know much about them, people say they want this or that SI, I don't see SI on the deed info, unless its Max Structural Integrity, and in that case this one has 500? I don't know if that is good or not for a Privateer?:scratch2:

That's a good question ;).

500 is the starting SI a privater begins with when created. A solo quad can kill it easy.

yes, 500 is the base value with no upgrades at all.
for personal use logged off with a patient pilot running the ship when/if there are pirates around then 500 is fine, for hunting and or serious fighting though you would want a lot more.

yes, 500 is the base value with no upgrades at all.
for personal use logged off with a patient pilot running the ship when/if there are pirates around then 500 is fine, for hunting and or serious fighting though you would want a lot more.

Thanks Narfi, how much is "a lot" more?

Thanks Narfi, how much is "a lot" more?

At least 5K section = 10k total. More is better though, maybe 10k / section. But 5k/section will allow a solo pilot to hunt any space mob and cost a pirate up to 30 ped to shoot down, The ship on AH is seriously overpriced for a base SI ship.

Reactions: Mac
Thanks for the extras informations.:)

Back