10k PED invest in Material Texture manufacture

If someone wants to give me 10k ped to test, and gaurantee to lose 10% of their investment.

Please go ahead :cool:

Rgds

Ace

Appreciate the feedback. Tho making money is not the main goal in this one :)

But it is for people who would invest in this venture. There is very little to gain for them.

Only knowledge about how many skills you get (not that many), how your tt return will be (85-95%) and how many blueprints you will loot (hundreds, which you'll tt).

So while it can be a succes with hard work and dedication, the chances of it are slim. Knowing that no seasoned player will invest in this idea.

Best way to do this is with your own peds and dedication. You can always start with 1k, do the hard work, figure out how it works and if it works well you'll have enough peds in the end to do another run, and so on till you've had your 10k turnover.

Allright lets start off with an apology for not responding to the thread in a while! Second, there has been enough responses to the thread and most of them has been "negative".

1. 10k PED is not enough for crafting
2. Textures are the most useless, least valuable items to craft
3. Textures are hard to sell
4. Most crafters are able to craft their own textures

Ill leave the thread open but only for opinions and ideas on what would be a better way to test out spending 10k PED. I will eventually do this with my own PED, once i have a decent plan set up.

I want to thank everybody who commented on this post. I appreciate every negative and positive thought!

- AxE

Why shouldn't you be able to profit on it?

1) COUNT your crafts
2) DONT sell at auction mu's (if there are some available)
3) NEWBIES crafting, not counting and just sell to get peds back fast (and loose heeps)
4) Have patience
5) ......
6) ......
7) KNOW the market

This isn't only happening with tex, most (newbie)crafters (or hunters or miners), dont count and loose heeps then blame MA.
Its crazy to see how they all rely on auction MU or the "real" MU as some say

Test it out ....
Generic leather texture sold on auc 105% now go do 1K clix ... and find out that even with a BP of QR100 and material designer lvl 27 you will need to sell those for almost 200% to break even (without skill counting)(assuming you buy extractors for 120% and generic leather for 105%)

Last edited:
We need more things to use these material textures on.
How about Land owners can use these and texture their landscape.

There are over 1800 combinations possible of what we have with tex/paints for the moment, so any 1 who wants it can have a real nice unique outfit.

But need to say I'm working on contest later this year :p

alex i want to be honest with you, this is a bad plan according to me, too less skill and too much risk to investor.

tho the texture market may be very profitable and little players are on to it enought time to make it work.

The initiative is very appreciated tho and im sure ur smart enought that soon we will hear about you, all the best player had theyre bad beat before conquering theyre own small part of market. It takes courage to come in forum wich is why i think you will be successful(not with this investment tho).

Throwing ur idea to sharks on forum is also not a good idea. In the moment u posted it u will have 200competitors wich already have the money and the skills to do that (they will be faster than you and when u found a Group of investors ready to give u peds the market value is already too low for you to take profit) or they just have already interest on that market and trying to take a competitor out.

If u are interested on the texture market i suggest you to invest 100peds from ur pockets and buy a few low tt veichles texturize them and then go in sweat places and sell them for sweat. then reivest ur profit in buying a shop so u can have a daily restocked texture shop.

(example: u get X ped sliepnir put Y pedtexture and sell for (X+Y)*110% tousands of sweat then sell sweat for market price , people especially sweaters are more prompt to give away sweat than peds.)

Try not to keep too many items in stock as u proposed with ur 10kped investment, better keep the material to make texture so that can be used to craft many items so they are more safe and can be reselled at purchased price easyer.(keep lysterium ingots instead of lysterium textures).

regarding auction mv, most of the time it is faked so its better if u verify the market by urself not trusting auction mv, sometimes if u have no the ped to invest in market research is better pretending to sell something u dont have only to test the market (example: if i want to buy a certain item desperately i pretend im selling it, if i dont receive offers then i can go way below mv and let it drop price a little, if i receive offers i know how much people is willing to pay and offer more coz i desperately want it. i never did that tho if someone is wondering.....)

hope i make myself clear wish you good time on eu and no luck (in eu luck is for losers).

Last edited:
Sadly 10k ped wont get you very far at all. (It technically could...but the market is so slow, it would be very hard to keep that 10k working for you, most of it would be sitting in mats, waiting on sales) I've cycled(mostly just turnover) over a million of PED yearly, for many years on crafting (and my highest prof is still only 43 with only natural skills), 10k would be better served investing in one BP and its materials that has a nice sales rate. Something like a big terra amp, some higher weapons, armors ect. But then, all of these options require a certain amount of skill or QR to unlock the bps to a decent return from starting.

Textures is a hard market, but if you do decide to go with it, I would move to Ark. They have nice textures on all mobs, a nice progression for skill requirements, and a fairly nice supply. (might need to track down a few hunters to let them know not to TT the hides)

Consider starting with a 1.00 qr print, this increases your return by a good margin, and 1.00 qr can open up prints far far quicker than just skills, for example at noob levels a level 7 1.0 qr print will show red, 10% success, a level 7 1.00 qr, will show green with roughly 75%. The skills gained on the 7 will be amplified, and help boost the progression for the time spent.

The progression is pretty slow on these as well, You will be limited for quite some time on the texture options your skills will allow. The UL texture bps on places like ark can be a nice additional income.

Also consider space repair or daily Monria crafting until you unlock BPC skill before venturing into a full time gig. Gives you more time to research it, and a good base to start with for all profs at minimal cost.

Last edited:
Appreciate the feedback. Tho making money is not the main goal in this one :)

If "making money is not the main goal", and an investment is "the action or process of investing money for profit or material result", then why are you referring to contributions as "investments" rather than "donations"?

If "making money is not the main goal", and an investment is "the action or process of investing money for profit or material result", then why are you referring to contributions as "investments" rather than "donations"?

I think because the thread is satire. If not I am not sure...

i think you can, but will be a very long work
there are textures which sell at high %
but mobs are on planets with not many players (toulan for example)
so you'll have to hunt the mobs yourself (then you don't have to buy the hides at high %)
then you craft them, then you can sell them on a planet with way more players as caly or arka

Invest 10000Ped, 90% return over time

-100Ped profit

Back