Entropia Universe and ComPet Pet Trading

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=2]Entropia Universe and ComPet Pet Trading[/h]We are pleased to announce that the revolutionary new system enabling Entropia Universe players to supply pets to ComPet players in return for PED will be available soon.

The first tradeable cross-platform pets will be ‘level-up pets’: pets that can only be used for levelling up existing pets in ComPet. ComPet players will be able to level up their pets faster using this method, so this will create a market for trained ‘level-up pets’ within Entropia Universe.

The ability to transfer ‘regular pets’ from (and to) ComPet will be introduced in future releases.

Originally Posted Here

Hmmm... so only can trade pets that will be satanically sacrificed to lootius or cannibalisitically eaten by their little brothers?

I was just attacked by a wild L7 Rover dog, 370 hp, and tamed it :)

Any pets? Some more detail on this please :)

This has got to be Ricks favorite EU day this year? :D

[h=2]... ComPet players will be able to level up their pets faster using this method, so this will create a market for trained ‘level-up pets’ within Entropia Universe.
The ability to transfer ‘regular pets’ from (and to) ComPet will be introduced in future releases. !!

Ok, optimism, pessimism, realism?: roll up, roll up and put your hats on!

I guess at a practical level we may need to help MA with some thoughts on economics here, as there will presumably be some kind of balance to be found between the two platforms. What are basic truths we will not be able to get away from?
1) It costs increasing amounts of peds (and time) to train pets in EU. Are there any scales out there on the xp of different levels and nutrio bar costs (tt) per xp (if linear)?
2) I assume only stable owners will have access to the transfer abilities (at least this was stated many moons/years ago). We thus need to allow for a small profit per pet to go to the stable owners.

Then there is the transfer effect - will any xps simply translate into level points for pets (a bit like skill implants in EU)? What sort of value will speeding up pet level increases have for ComPet players? Will there be any overlap (a viable business model)?
Will any pets be useable across different 'species'? Different pets in EU have different hunger rates I think. How will this affect matters?

And - what will supply and demand turn out to be like? May the guessing games begin ;)

OK, we will have to wait and see I guess. I hope MA have done more than 10 mins of thought here!!!

So then I can sell all pets filling up my storage?

Interesting to see how big will be the impact on pet prices, for so long no one want to buy my cheap eudoracell :).

Realistically any pets allowed to enter EU will drop in value with time and oversupply.
Remember pet prices before and then after the strong boxes.
Hope they cap it to normal pets; so no ruby/sapphire/euro pets transferring.

It's the other direction, if I understand the article right. Pets, tamed in EU, go to Compet.
yes at first.
But at bottom of press release also says from compet
"ability to transfer ‘regular pets’ from (and to) ComPet will be introduced in future releases."

And I'm glad I started playing last week too.

'Late to the party' is fashionable right? :cool:

"but there is no connection between EU and Compet." riiiight, unbelievers :laugh:

"but there is no connection between EU and Compet." riiiight, unbelievers :laugh:

I noticed that I started with 88 Diamonds, and there are plenty more obvious Entropia examples than that. :)

hmm i shoud add maybe lvling to my service too xD

deleted... what I wrote is not what MA means I think, after further thought.

Last edited:
Thanks Mega for telling me about this thread.

What have I missed? I'm usually a glass half full sort of guy, why do I feel worried. We need more details.

Rick

You're welcome, you are pretty much the Pet expert as far as I can gather, if there's one higher they keep it pretty quiet and probably dont play Compet.

I personally am not worried, but I did notice that you may have played with "My Little Pony" at some time in your past. ;)

You're welcome, you are pretty much the Pet expert as far as I can gather, if there's one higher they keep it pretty quiet and probably dont play Compet.

I personally am not worried, but I did notice that you may have played with "My Little Pony" at some time in your past. ;)

I love that my little pony in compet (4 sisters, and 4 daughters, I'm bound to come across it at some stage).

Yeah lets see what happens I guess.

Rick

Last edited:
[h=2]Entropia Universe and ComPet Pet Trading[/h]We are pleased to announce that the revolutionary new system enabling Entropia Universe players to supply pets to ComPet players in return for PED will be available soon.!
The first tradeable cross-platform pets will be ‘level-up pets’: pets that can only be used for levelling up existing pets in ComPet. ComPet players will be able to level up their pets faster using this method, so this will create a market for trained ‘level-up pets’ within Entropia Universe.
The ability to transfer ‘regular pets from (and to) ComPet will be introduced in future releases. !!

Originally Posted Here

Slow down all and read. :) My guess is that all pets will be accessible using Strongboxes. But it is good to see that MA is noticing that we all wanted this from the start. Just now MAYBE they will give us ComPets within EU itself.

But also my guess here, not putting EU down, is that MA is going to start development in 2020 since as of now they really have no idea what it is they are going to do since they need to quote the idea that they had a idea of maybe doing.

Last edited:
Slow down all and read. :) My guess is that all pets will be accessible using Strongboxes. .

MA says..... "so this will create a market for trained ‘level-up pets’ within Entropia Universe".

Yeah I think you're right...I'm going down the wrong road. It doesn't make any sense to dump huge amounts of xp into compet. It must be a new type of pet that gives an XP boast to compet pets. Wouldn't be surprised to see MA push that via strongboxes.

Maybe we train these special "levelup pets" to like 500xp 1000xp boast pets....etc.

However it would be more honourable thing to allow tamers, to tame these 'level up' pets, and give us some MU, and potentially help the taming market. Better Ring MU, more people interested in taming.

Or maybe as you tame a creature you loot a "level up" pet. I feel better about it now.

Rick

well whatever the situation are compet deeds now 200 ped each....lol I'll log in to have a look.

Last edited:
Been a while since I played compet, but to level a pet past certain milestones... (lvl5, lvl10, etc...) I think you need a pet ready to level plus some sacrificial pets.

For example (based on bad memory) a Level 4 pet ready for level 5 and 3 level 1 pets sacraficed make a level 5 pet, a level 9pet ready to level + 3 lvl 5 pets sacraficed make a lvl 10 pet.

I dont think they are getting the 'xp' they can just be sold into compet as the sacrificial levels.... in other words, it would be stupid to sell a level 50 pet from EU into compet to be sacrificed to make a level 10 pet as 40 of those levels would not be utilized in the sacrifice.

Edit: I was close.... here is how it actually works,
http://forum.competgame.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19676&sid=c97dee22a3f7486f2ee2823d7f89cdb5

Last edited:
For example (based on bad memory) a Level 4 pet ready for level 5 and 3 level 1 pets sacraficed make a level 5 pet, a level 9pet ready to level + 3 lvl 5 pets sacraficed make a lvl 10 pet.

You can buy a Level 1 pet for 100 gold, which takes about 60 seconds, if I have to train up a few sacrificial pets a couple of levels on, well anyone who eats from McDonalds and KFC knows abbatoirs exists I hope.

It's possible this 'sacrifice' thing may go the same way as early stage Tiering went in Entropia though ie changed completely.

However it would be more honourable thing to allow tamers, to tame these 'level up' pets, and give us some MU, and potentially help the taming market. Better Ring MU, more people interested in taming.

Yes sad really that they had to state that they have to plan for a new system with the system already in place. Again why I think this was just a rush post by MA to help clean up the mess they stated but have real no answer yet on how to do it.

(and yes, MA can jump in anytime and make a post to correct my errors -- O I miss Kim!!).

Smiles.

In my experience, if there's money to be made, MA just doesn't hand it to the players....lol.

Maybe one day "if" the battles, or other uses for pets comes to EU, then maybe I'll have some value in my trained pets. Only because by training a pet, you're effectively "buying time" as an advantage.

My feeling is a new type of pet, or maybe MA classify certain tamed pets as "level up" pets.

We will see.

Would've been nice after all these years though.....lol

thanks

Rick

You can buy a Level 1 pet for 100 gold, which takes about 60 seconds, if I have to train up a few sacrificial pets a couple of levels on, well anyone who eats from McDonalds and KFC knows abbatoirs exists I hope.

It's possible this 'sacrifice' thing may go the same way as early stage Tiering went in Entropia though ie changed completely.

It gets more complex the higher level you go... can't remember the exacts on it but for level 5 level up you have to use level 1 pets... for level 10 upgrade it takes level 5 pets, and so on and so forth... so it's a major hassle in compets to do upgrades...

Of course, in compets after you get so far the game slows down a LOT... with upgrades on buildings taking days or weeks to do in order for you to build up enough resources to do it... which I suspect will make that game not go far in the market vs other games on the market... pure boredom after a while won't bring in the masses. Mindark had/has the potential to do a lot with it, and synchronizing compets and Entropia Universe, but doubt they will... would love to see some more real world type advertising etc, al a Marika... but it ain't gonna happen since Mindark can barely stay above water and is always griping about being understaffed.

I'm just glad they went with the app and not the idiot browser idea they were first going to do it with.

Rgds

Ace

Would this mean that after 2 years there is finally some use to stables?

Back