Mindark issues new shares

billairboy

Elite
Bill Airboy Ivanhoe
Don't know if anybody else already have written about it, but I just notice that Mindark have issued new shares and brought in some new money. The stupid thing it that I read the news the day after the last day to apply to buy shares was....:silly2: Would have been fun to have a share or two.

http://www.mindark.com/investor-rel...ission-av-aktier_MindArk-Information-2016.pdf

Anyway, the motivation is a bit intresting:
"Update of technology
Entropia Universe Platform will be upgraded to support Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). There are measures that require additional resources and done by updating DirectX 9.x to 11.x. Thereafter compatible VR and AR units can be connected to the platform"

(A bit lazy Google translatation)

Don't know if anybody else already have written about it, but I just notice that Mindark have issued new shares and brought in some new money. The stupid thing it that I read the news the day after the last day to apply to buy shares was....:silly2: Would have been fun to have a share or two.

http://www.mindark.com/investor-rel...ission-av-aktier_MindArk-Information-2016.pdf

Anyway, the motivation is a bit intresting:
"Update of technology
Entropia Universe Platform will be upgraded to support Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). There are measures that require additional resources and done by updating DirectX 9.x to 11.x. Thereafter compatible VR and AR units can be connected to the platform"

(A bit lazy Google translatation)

Unless I just missed it, its weird that they didn't announce this to the player base first. I'm sure there are plenty of players with money to buy. :scratch2:

Sounds like funding to change platforms.

Unless I just missed it, its weird that they didn't announce this to the player base first. I'm sure there are plenty of players with money to buy. :scratch2:

It mainly for the current owners of shareholders, others will have possibility to buy stocks only if some of the current owners don't sign up to the all the shares.

It's only around 5MSEK so it's not a huge amount of money, I think is more like they need the money to keep things going without cutting down too much on the development other other stuff. But also add some extra resources to update the platform for VR, or at least keep what they have.

I thought the current platform was not vr capable meaning they would need to change platforms.

Last edited:
And where could you buy the shares? I can not even see a share price? Or where you can see the course of the stock, it is nowhere displayed?

And where could you buy the shares? I can not even see a share price? Or where you can see the course of the stock, it is nowhere displayed?

The shares is not bought or sold on any offical market.

Oh Brother, I hope so.

This engine is outdated by about 6-10 years.

Even Star Citizen is abandoning/ has abandoned the Cry Engine.

VR / AR is simply not gonna work in this platform. If this is the true goal, expect immense changes. Like huge.

All the dumb ideas they have had over the years is going to need to be compatible. That's where their real challenge is.

I wish them ALL the LUCK in the world to make EU a better place. And we all know it CAN be. It is going to be a big job. Please let the players help.

The AR development probably relates to Compets than EU, making it more like pokemon go.

It sound like they're jumping on the bandwagon just as it's slowing (not the first time they've done it either)

So..... what do we lose initially when they change/update engines?

Pets go missing for 5 years or so again?

Space becomes "pay tp to jump around" again?

Bugs get reintroduced until they get fixed again (eventually)?

And if they changing engine, why not get the latest - Directx 12 instead of something older, DX11? Assuming they got enough cash from the shares and start coding January 1, by the time they actually finish enough work to release it to the players will probably be a year or more away. By then DX11 will be even more older / closer to outdated compared to state of the art. And people may already be discussing DX13, which will make DX11 seem even older.

:scratch2:

lol

And if they changing engine, why not get the latest - Directx 12 instead of something older, DX11? Assuming they got enough cash from the shares and start coding January 1, by the time they actually finish enough work to release it to the players will probably be a year or more away. By then DX11 will be even more older / closer to outdated compared to state of the art. And people may already be discussing DX13, which will make DX11 seem even older.

This means a forced upgrade to Windows 10 then, too. I'd be out and no, I don't want to discuss.

(in German)
http://praxistipps.chip.de/directx-12-unter-windows-7-funktioniert-das_43255

This is what is termed a rights issue. The idea is you go to your existing shareholder base and see if they would be prepared to take up new shares. It looks as though a kicker in the form of a preferential subscription right in the future was attached - think warrants; although google translate may have missed any nuances here.

This is what is termed a rights issue. The idea is you go to your existing shareholder base and see if they would be prepared to take up new shares. It looks as though a kicker in the form of a preferential subscription right in the future was attached - think warrants; although google translate may have missed any nuances here.

They are increasing the number of shares with 10%, for each ten shares the current owner have they can buy one new share, they don't get any extra benefits inform of options or anything else.

The shares of MindArk are unlisted.

Financial year2014

The total number of shares are 143 293 750.
The distribution of shares among major shareholders is as follows:

Jan Welter Timkrans 34 637 600 24,2 %
Wasto AB 28 658 750 20,0 %
C-G Bothén AB 25 600 000 17,9 %
Others approx 900 54 397 400 37,9 %

Financial year2015

Jan Welter Timkrans 48 967 000 34,2 %
Others approx 900 68 726 750 47,9 %

The shares of MindArk are unlisted.

Financial year2014

Jan Welter Timkrans 34 637 600 24,2 %
Wasto AB 28 658 750 20,0 %
Others approx 900 54 397 400 37,9 %

Financial year2015

Jan Welter Timkrans 48 967 000 34,2 %
Others approx 900 68 726 750 47,9 %

I'm glad to see other shareholders taking a larger part of control of EU. Hopefully they bring new and fresh insights.

I thought the current platform was not vr capable meaning they would need to change platforms.

Cry engine 2 is using DX9 and so it don't support any VR/AR functionality.
They may could do a engine update to Cry engine version 5, or change parts into engine 2, so it even using DX11 and have the VR/AR functionality of Version 5 implemented.

Not sure this is a easy task, but maybe it save some dev time. Change the whole platform is way more work.

They are increasing the number of shares with 10%, for each ten shares the current owner have they can buy one new share, they don't get any extra benefits inform of options or anything else.

will it changes the dilution of the currents shares ?
like cld or aud ?

will it changes the dilution of the currents shares ?
like cld or aud ?

I think the thread is about company shares, not ingame shares. Nothing to do at all with cld or aud.

pfff who needs fucking graphics or vr, seriously! this could be a MUD and it wouldn't change anything for me. give me fishing and weed cutting instead, and affordable housing for everybody!

Last edited:
Back