Do we all have the same chance for loot?

Maybe...

Sometimes when I craft a new bp for the first time (QR 1) I get a nice loot (even if overall the run is a loss).

Maybe it would make sense to bias the loot in some way to act as a catch for new comingers. First time my friend went mining he had a global and then encouraged me to do the same and I had a global as well. However this could just be luck of course :laugh:.

The loot pool doesn't really need to be biased to any player as overall the house always wins. Having a fair distribution of return to avatars is in MA's interest. If loot was biased against someone for too long they might quit.

Maybe...

The loot pool doesn't really need to be biased to any player as overall the house always wins. Having a fair distribution of return to avatars is in MA's interest. If loot was biased against someone for too long they might quit.

My opinion:yay:

I play this game just to have fun and I know I will get my return between 50% and 120% or more! A lucky punch makes the difference:laugh:

So, complaining about bad loot (mayhem or other competitions) is silly.

Draw lots and you perhaps will win...buy the whole lotpool and you will get the highest award, for sure!

(so no discussion about dmg,weapons,and so on and so on)

Happy new year (tomorrow)

Targen

The loot pool doesn't really need to be biased to any player as overall the house always wins.

Exactly. So why bother biasing it at all.

Maybe...

Sometimes when I craft a new bp for the first time (QR 1) I get a nice loot (even if overall the run is a loss).

Maybe it would make sense to bias the loot in some way to act as a catch for new comingers. First time my friend went mining he had a global and then encouraged me to do the same and I had a global as well. However this could just be luck of course :laugh:.

Think it's skill based too.. close to level up to next pro level seems to give nice loot sometimes.

Think it's skill based too.. close to level up to next pro level seems to give nice loot sometimes.

I've noticed that when you get a perception skill gain at the same time as a critical hit, at 34 minutes past the hour, but only on a Tuesday during a month with 30 days you when you get an aim skill gain on a regen mob after having 2 no looters and 1 blazar you will get a global.

Sometimes.

I've noticed that when you get a perception skill gain at the same time as a critical hit, at 34 minutes past the hour, but only on a Tuesday during a month with 30 days you when you get an aim skill gain on a regen mob after having 2 no looters and 1 blazar you will get a global.

Sometimes.

You forgot you have to also be walking backwards while facing 24 degrees East of North.

It actually works \o/
Are there any other closely guarded secrets of the Ubers that you would want to share with the plebs?

And you were joking of course - its not only Tuesday, its 30mins past the hour, and as long as you are walking backwards NOT in a NS direction.

Hi, while i cant log on i decided to write some stuff that is a fun read, but maybe a tltr for most. I still try to be, at least entertaining, for all kinds of players. Maybe you find yourself anywhere in the story i want to tell. Its the story of player A, B and C. ...yeah and player D.

as i understand it, every NEW player avatar has equal chances. But those may change as soon as you do something. Hunters, who maxed their equipment, are not so much playing against MA or the game setup in general, i am deeply conviced that we play against each other, all players vs all players, in this we are still equal.

now two factors come into play dps and dpp. Dps defines your killspeed, so mobs killed per hour. Needless to say that player A who loots 100 mob A per hour has a bigger chance of hitting big, than player B who only loots 39 mob A in the same time. He pulls 61 more "tickets" per hour. He can also expect loots to be 3 times higher than player B. But we all know that loot often comes in waves, so if player A misses the loot wave, he is done after his first hour, while player B...

On the dpp side of the game, player A might have 3 times more expenses to kill 100 mob A per hour than player B who just kills 39. Yet player B can be more economic. Therefore player B can hunt 3 hours for the same money spent and therefore can kill a total of ~118mob. (player B has to repair his Gremlin Armor, player A his Supremacy, and the difference means player B can kill 18 mob more) Yes it takes 3 times longer, but bottom line he can pull 18 "tickets" more than player A for the same money. His chance to hit a loot wave are 3 times higher, even though his average global size might be only one third of the size of globals of player A.

in this aspect of the game we are all equal!

DPS/DPP are determined by items and that doesnt stop at the weapon you use. Player A might have full Supremacy so he doesnt have to use his mod fap often and can click click click his Mod Merc for the full duration of 1 hour without losing time on faping, this is why he pulls 100 tickets per hour. Player B doesnt have those luxuries of items, he uses a midlevel fap, a midlevel armor and midlevel gun, thus he has more dmg to heal, faping takes longer itself, shooting takes longer itself also because of the smaller gun, which explains that he only shoots 39 mob per hour. We see it all quite depends on the items you use.

Lets talk about items. Some items combine high performance and eco provided you can come up with the skills to handle them and the money to buy them.
There are some lucky dudes who looted a Mod Merc, a Mod Fap or Supremacy parts, but come on. Theres a handful of players in the game only who completely aquired their ubah items ingame without depositing.

Player A uses items worth 400k Peds. Most certainly because he deposited 40k USD.
Player B uses items worth 10k Peds. Most certainly because he deposited 1k USD.

In this we are all equal! Just one guy is filthy rich in RL and the other one is not.

Lets talk about extended periods of bad loots for player A and player B.
If player A hunts intensely for one month and the whole month turns out to be a really bad loot month, he might lose 30-300k(!) peds in the process. You see him Hof and global, but its far from enough to break even.
If player B does the same with his setup he probably loses 3-10k peds in the process.
Fair or not? We are all equal still...

Lets talk about a 10k Ped Hof. So player A and player B both loot a 10k ped hof. 1k USD. Player A needs 40 of those to meet his ROI, player B has already met his ROI with that single hit. Who is in the profit here?
We are all equal...

Player A plans to click Explosives IV in a 300k ped run. During the run he HoFs 27 times around 5k ped. Countless globals, but well not enough, he ends the run with a 40k ped loss. Player B complains about the 27 HoFs of player A and those seemingly endless line of globals. This guy must be sooo lucky, he just HoFed 13 times my total investment in less than 24 hours. But he doesnt see that player A just lost 4 times the total investments of player B.
:laugh: no really we are all equal

Lets talk about a 100k+ped ATH. This is extremely rare for both player A and B. Total newbies can hit it, we have seen it several times. For player A it is at best a serious step in the direction to meet his ROI. For player B an ATH of that size exceeds his ROI by 10 times.
...equal

lets talk about chaos. Theres not only player A and B so the whole calculation will never look that easy as shown above. There could be a hundred hunters in your spawn. All doing the same thing but on their personal level. Lets say those 100 hunters each represent 1 level from 1 to 100. So the level 1 player, player C, can only kill 1 mob per hour, while the level 100 player, our player A, can kill a hundred in the same time. And player B representing level 39, kills 39mob per hour. Player C spends 10ped in the process, player B spends 390ped in the process and player A 1k peds in one hour. Now lets say every first mob out of 10 globals. Needless to say player C is the most lucky of them, because for his 10ped investment he gets at least a 50ped return. (you wont believe it, but its a common patern to hook you) Player B has not so much luck, he gets 3 globals and might be content with it, but he misses the 4th global by 1 mob, he doesnt know though. Player A is on a roll he globals 10 times. Player C comes back with 50ped of loot, player B comes back with 780ped of loot and player A comes back with 2.5k ped of loot. Who is the winner here? Its player C.
...equal

other things playing a role: Player B buys a Svempa X1 with high tier numbers, a Dante, and a bunch of dmg enhancers tier 1-6 because he heard that drone wars will start tonight. He wants to play a role with his 93dps, that is fairly above his level. For him its something special, way out of his ligue, still a halfway eco option, workable. Player A has 20dps more than player B, + he has a even better eco. But for him thats normal. For him shooting those event mob is almost boring. Player A and B meet somewhere in a remote part of the battlefield and they both shoot the same kind of mob at nearly the same speed. For player B its challenging but yet he gets global after global. bam bam bam And player A??? ...he doesnt get a single global and player B actually make player A ragequit. Player B cant believe whats happening, the joy of success. He misses to see that the danger level of the mob corresponds just nicely with his own hunting skills, for player B its a lucky shot, that he come up with the perfect beautiful performance the mob demands for. But we both know who is getting more red bananas in the end, when player A finds out, theres event mob out there that is more appropriate for his level.
...equal...

... now player C comes into play, he cannot participate in the games of player A and B, still he is hooked. He decides to buy 3 OA103 and try his luck on FOMA, and he hits his welcome present while he has an amp attached. BOOOMM. 102k Ped of Zinc for player C.
...equal...

(for all those who think this is just a made up story, no its compressed version of a decade ingame)

...player A and B have one week of bad loot because player C did the impossible. Do dreams come true? You bet! The robot war leaves player B broke, player A cashes in his event bananas. Who won?
...equal...

... well player C decided to start to click Explo IV. A sure loss... he is losing like mad, even though he hofs 5k 5 times a day. Player A sells the won event item. Player A wins and has a wonderful RL weekend spending all the money on b*** c*** & c********. Who won? Its player B who is even out in skills after the event,... at least.
...equal...

:laugh::cool:i know your stories come on...

... a year later everybody is playing at his pace. Player C has skyrocket in skills and equipment, he is equal to player B now, suddenly he loots an L4 (unL) Oo on an average mob. World stands still for a second, a minute, world goes finally on... for player B at least. He is in shock. Player A notices what is happening, he just can do one thing, move on.
...equal...

... a year later. Lootwise your virtual world was like a dessert in the past 12 month. :wise: the dreams of the past became bleak for player A and B. Other players rule the scene now, to be exact player A2, player B2 (formerly known as player C) and player D (nobody can believe his luck on young argonauts, this guy is just off the scale! why???) ...

... A2 is a generic, a firm, a conglomerate of players playing one avatar, able to grind hardcore 24/7. No single player can cope with that. Well unless you count the EP IV clickers :laugh:. Player A is losing ped bigtime doing his events, while player A2 is complaining his loot is not meeting his expectarions of the last year. Still he is in the plus. Player B is doing player C stuff but he is doing it more eco than any of the C-class players so he goes even out. Player C is doing player C stuff as well, well but he is losing, progressing slower than player B. Who is the winner?
... we are all equal...

.. the winner is this dedicated guy recently known in Swamp Camp for his crazy loots. Crazy loots in swampo campo? Well he is gone now and does Argonauts. You wont belive this guys returns! Player D is a true goldboy. He is dominating the newbie levels in every spawn, progressing at a blinding speed. Two months later he does his first HoF on Scipulor. uhm wait Scipulor? 100 ped Esis and Hermes Footguards on a daily basis. and suddenly Supremacy unL. His sale rate of items is slowing him down! Whatever he does, his loot explodes. (you think i make this guy up huh?) BOOOMMM 84k ped ATH on Leviathan Provider! and he is gone with the peds! bye George!
...we are all equal... are we!?

...yes we are all equal but not equally lucky i guess....

All my best loots have come really close to when I level up.
Some notice this, others don't, but I have experienced this too many times to
just be circumstances. Maybe a question of how often people experience this, or
how observant people are to take notice... :dunno:

you forgot that noobs cant hit aths anymore since jan2013. at least if with noob you mean lowskilled and low investment. ofc a noob can buy a ep4 bp and the required skills to use it and then hit an ATH. but he is not a noob anymore as he is gambling big time.

you forgot that noobs cant hit aths anymore since jan2013. at least if with noob you mean lowskilled and low investment. ofc a noob can buy a ep4 bp and the required skills to use it and then hit an ATH. but he is not a noob anymore as he is gambling big time.

It's still same system, just with nerfs in values. :p

the system is not at all the same. just look at mining change lol

I was thinking of hunting there. I guess with small changes in values, no matter
in what Prof Stand, you can get gigantic differences in outcome... might even look
as something completely new... ;)
"Same same but different"... :silly2:

All my best loots have come really close to when I level up.
Some notice this, others don't, but I have experienced this too many times to
just be circumstances. Maybe a question of how often people experience this, or
how observant people are to take notice... :dunno:

Darn it. When I come to think of it, the ATH dropped while I was a little away from lvleing up :eyecrazy:

And was using a slow gun (20/20 speed + 6% (imp ares))

Interesting stuff ... :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Darn it. When I come to think of it, the ATH dropped while I was a little away from lvleing up :eyecrazy:

And was using a slow gun (20/20 speed + 6% (imp ares))

All my rare loots has been looted in full armor (big decay) and not the times when I go "smart" hunting. I guess that can be used as some sort of statistics since I have looted a few fun loots :D

//Linz

All my rare loots has been looted in full armor (big decay) and not the times when I go "smart" hunting. I guess that can be used as some sort of statistics since I have looted a few fun loots :D

//Linz

Probably due to what you used when you hunted rather then your avatars stats alone.
Doubt you had got that fun loot with a ordinary mkV+a203... :silly2:

Probably due to what you used when you hunted rather then your avatars stats alone.
Doubt you had got that fun loot with a ordinary mkV+a203... :silly2:

You missed the Point, for example when hunting dasps I dont need armor when I have healer and Ive done all mission and probably many enough to do them 3 times over (those are big mission).

99% of the time I use no armor but the few times I had armor on I ahd a 14k loot and Another day I had the BL1950 loot

Perfected TR6, same story.....the lc-625 gleamer, same story.

And those lloots happens on the small % of the time that I actually use big armor while hunting. The other gear I allways have anyway.

You missed the Point, for example when hunting dasps I dont need armor when I have healer and Ive done all mission and probably many enough to do them 3 times over (those are big mission).

99% of the time I use no armor but the few times I had armor on I ahd a 14k loot and Another day I had the BL1950 loot

And those lloots happens on the small % of the time that I actually use big armor while hunting. The other gear I allways have anyway.

I do agree on this actually. I use some "uneco" or over protected armor sometimes and some had some kind of "unusual" higher loot than what I can remember when I come to think of your statement. Seems similar but to a lower scale in my case.

I never compared it with others know, but it kinda was like that for me and could be for others too as it seems like it.

Different choices = different loot?

Still, did you use a ordinary weapon that everyone can get their hands on and use?
I guess I use armor way more than I need, and yes, imo that helps out, if I also use a
weapon that fits the target. It's all about interactions with right values, been saying
this for a while now...

I rarely get good loots, but when I have, they have all came when I was close to
a new Level. Sometimes just before and sometimes after.

Remember when ESI stopped dropping? There were a exploit related to this in crafting,
where a certain player got way more HoFs than he should, over and over again.
He found out how to reduce his Prof Stand to a certain point so he could get that
bonus over and over again.
When ESIs began to drop again, both he and his "luck system" were gone.

Different choices = different loot?

I did a lot of tests with mkV+eamp13 vs mkV+a203 long time ago.
Skill progress, skill gains and loot had a difference between these two set ups...
Haven't done these test that much last 8-10yrs though... :silly2:

//Linz

I have to agree with you here sadly...
I also have a lot of more loot when I have higher decay.

Last summer I was in top 10 hunters in terms of most loot:
- High decay armor
- Full enhancers, amp etc in gun
- DPS gun: not a super eco gun, and I had it in skill bonus, meaning I had less damage per pec, cause the gun wasn't maxed.

All of the items were Unlimited as well.
I have to say, I started out making a lot of loss, I won't lie about that, think I made 25k ped loss.
Then I suddenly had ATH with friend, and I started getting tons of globals.

I felt the same with my later gear, when in skillbonus, I had less DPP, but my loot was higher.
I thought it was pure luck, because at first I was having some loss, but seems like I'm not the only one.

Also, when using pills etc I seem to get more globals as well.

So you might be onto something, that more decay may give more loot, but that's an old theory that has never been proven I think, or has it? Oh well, everyone believes what he wants ofcourse.

This beautifully sums up the Entropia loot theory argument...

In addition to Aio's post above:

So, in hind sight to EU, is it just pure luck at the right moment in time or is it just one big random number generator in reference to loot?

I say its both, you agree or disagree?

I like how people make up shit to explain something no one here has a real understanding over because no one here actually works on the coding for the game.

Look you guys are about as nutso as the people who rub slot machines, have lucky charms or try to have certain patterns playing keno.

As I've said before, no theory anyone can come up with can ever hold water without being actual programmers for the game. Because they can throw all that shit out the window whenever they feel like it.

I don't even know why we have a section on this forum for loot theories.
They should re-title it as "Paranoid rambling" as far as I'm concerned.

I like how people make up shit to explain something no one here has a real understanding over because no one here actually works on the coding for the game.

Look you guys are about as nutso as the people who rub slot machines, have lucky charms or try to have certain patterns playing keno.

As I've said before, no theory anyone can come up with can ever hold water without being actual programmers for the game. Because they can throw all that shit out the window whenever they feel like it.

I don't even know why we have a section on this forum for loot theories.
They should re-title it as "Paranoid rambling" as far as I'm concerned.

maybe because it is part of the game? maybe because with logical thinking and basic knowledge of programming it is possible to understand how it works. sure they can change it. but depending on how it actually works that might take some time. and when you dont tell everyone that you figured it out and they wont know that you know so there is no need to change it. that all surely depends on if it is abusable. and when you look at the caperon farmer who sit their for 50 mins and hunt 10 mins to get the shroom wave it is obvious that it is exploitable up to a certain degree. so maybe stop talking bullshit?

And how does he know which are the proper 10 minutes to hunt ?
Because no matter what I hunt, I always seem to hunt during get the wrong 10 minutes. Which last years actually.

Back