Do we all have the same chance for loot?

eSoul

Prowler
Elle eSoul Beast
As stated before by MA, there is No Personal Loot Pool, but it looks like they can change our loot chance for each individual. After the new Christmas Ring 2016, with more 25% chance of rare mining loot, i wonder if they can change that value for each individual if they can do it by a ring they can do it with code too...

I think they should come to explain all about loot again. Do we all have the same chance or not? Do they change manually the chance for each player? I hope Dev's to come Forum to explain this features As soon as possible.

Regards,

eSoul

The Original Title was: Should we trust MA?

Changed by a moderator who ever he was!

Last edited:
No, you're thinking about it backwards.

Player equipped item affects server side chance. Not player equipped item affects player chance.

Also, be real careful about MA's percentage use. It's not 25% chance of rare, it's +25%. So that could be 1.25% instead of 1.00%....

Make the reply look back at some other guys getting locked for doing purchases or rules changing depending on circustance

Make the reply look back at some other guys getting locked for doing purchases or rules changing depending on circustance

just to point out, unless you're calling the person a liar.. by his own words, the most recent case you speak of didn't happen.

No, you're thinking about it backwards.

Player equipped item affects server side chance. Not player equipped item affects player chance.

Also, be real careful about MA's percentage use. It's not 25% chance of rare, it's +25%. So that could be 1.25% instead of 1.00%....

if you have 0% and you add 25% its 25% total, if you have 25% and add 25% its 50%, just when you multiply for 25% your statement is true! Even you don't tell me if there is personal chances or Not as stated by MA, not me!

It's simple really, if you want to play then you have to trust MA; end of.

To play and not trust them is just betrayal of your own belief.

if you have 0% and you add 25% its 25% total, if you have 25% and add 25% its 50%, just when you multiply for 25% your statement is true!

Yes, exactly. MA don't do percentages in a logical way. Or, it's logical but requires more explanation.

+25% in MA world = x1.25.

If you want proof, look at reload bonuses (+14% = 1.14x).

Oh and yes, there is a personal chance but this is the same as the server chance. It's the same for everyone. But you don't affect personal stats with the buffs, you affect the server stats.

I think they should come to explain all about loot again.

I hope they dont, a lot of people didn't understand it when they did.

Just a reminder. MA could do anything they want to, without Breaking the terms which we have all signed.

Theoretically they could assign any one avatar double loot for instance and it would not violate anything they have ever said.

The only thing I've heard on the subject is "all avatars are created equal." so technically they could assign any avatar a double loot multiplier at any time post creation.

There is still the question as to why they would do that. Similarly they could reduce your loot by any amount they'd like but the question remains. Why?
This is the same as gambling. They want you to lose money, because that's their gain. But they want you to lose so little money that you want to keep playing forever. If you quit, you're a lost revenue source.

In short. Yes MA can do whatever they want.

Yes, exactly. MA don't do percentages in a logical way. Or, it's logical but requires more explanation.

Oh and yes, there is a personal chance but this is the same as the server chance. It's the same for everyone. But you don't affect personal stats with the buffs, you affect the server stats.

So if there's someone mining in same spot then someone with the ring gonna have the same chance without the ring? I don't think so...

if you have 0% and you add 25% its 25% total, if you have 25% and add 25% its 50%, just when you multiply for 25% your statement is true! Even you don't tell me if there is personal chances or Not as stated by MA, not me!

What you are saying is correct but read the tooltip. It says "increased by 25% ".
Per definition that means x1.25

if you have 0% chance and INCREASE IT BY 25% you still have 0% chance.
If you have 1% chance and INCREASE IT BY 25% you have 1.25% chance.
if you have 50% chance and INCREASE IT BY 25% you have 62,5% chance.

Last edited:

To elaborate:

You have a natural 1% chance of a critical hit. Applying a buff with +0.25 focus blow would give you 1.25% chance of critical hit.

You have a natural 1% chance of a SOO. Applying a buff with +25% chance would give you 1.25% chance (not 26%) - they're the same mechanisms but with alternative terms used.

In either case, the chance is looked at on the server side - You click, and send position & buff information to MA. The server then takes your buff information (be it 1% or 1.25% w/ Xmas ring) and then decides if you "win" or not.

The numbers are made up here but I'm just trying to explain...

So if there's someone mining in same spot then someone with the ring gonna have the same chance without the ring? I don't think so...

No..

In both cases, if they both dropped a probe at the exact same time, place, etc. but one had a ring and the other didn't, the one with the ring would be exactly 25% more likely to hit a SOO.

But that % chance could be 1.25 vs 1.00.

Basically, look back over your mining (I never mine, can't help you with the data) and see how often a SOO has occurred. If it's 4 times from 1000, over the next 1000 drops with a xmas ring, you could expect 5 SOO.

deactivated

Last edited:
No..

In both cases, if they both dropped a probe at the exact same time, place, etc. but one had a ring and the other didn't, the one with the ring would be exactly 25% more likely to hit a SOO.

But that % chance could be 1.25 vs 1.00.

Basically, look back over your mining (I never mine, can't help you with the data) and see how often a SOO has occurred. If it's 4 times from 1000, over the next 1000 drops with a xmas ring, you could expect 5 SOO.

So the personal loot chance can be modified! So there's a personal loot pool and MA can change it when they want for who they want!

deactivated

Last edited:
So the personal loot chance can be modified! So there's a personal loot pool and MA can change it when they want for who they want!

What...?

If you just try to re-write what I say to match what you want the outcome to be I'm going to give up.

As written - there is a server choice at the exact moment of decision (there are no local based decisions in EU). If you have a buff applied then this is factored into the server calculation.

The exact same way as critical hits being calculated.

If I use no ring I have 1% CH. If I use perf ares i have 2.2% CH. At any click, the server will decide if I get a CH or not and with perf ares I will get 2.2x as many.

deactivated

Last edited:
What...?

If you just try to re-write what I say to match what you want the outcome to be I'm going to give up.

As written - there is a server choice at the exact moment of decision (there are no local based decisions in EU). If you have a buff applied then this is factored into the server calculation.

The exact same way as critical hits being calculated.

If I use no ring I have 1% CH. If I use perf ares i have 2.2% CH. At any click, the server will decide if I get a CH or not and with perf ares I will get 2.2x as many.

I'm not discussing numbers, the information that is sent to server is about avatar chance and each avatar can have his own chance modified by rings or other ways its all i'm saying now if its more 25% or 10% i don't care what i care is that they can change it when and for who they want!

OP's Last thread about loot being bad,

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?283886-25k-peds-last-Month-whats-up-with-Loot/page17

Made thread on 3-31-16

HOF'ed - 4-8-16
Osseocollum Stalker 9 275 PED Fri, 08 Apr 2016 14:41:24

Thread Last Post on - 04-08-2016, 20:17

Lets see how long it takes for this one to die out when MA changes the loot like hes stating. But I so agree MA has full control over personal loot as we can see in my example.

Already finished that mission for long and after that i already got 2 Uber Daspletors, that dont mean i'm winning! I'm not complaining about the loot, but about the ones that run the game i love and are destroying it! They should join WoW game there are plenty of buffs to explore there...

I'm not discussing numbers, the information that is sent to server is about avatar chance and each avatar can have his own chance modified by rings or other ways its all i'm saying now if its more 25% or 10% i don't care what i care is that they can change it when and for who they want!

How are you drawing that conclusion from the information you have? That's utter hysteria.

You can use a buff which alters your CH... so MA can change your CH at any time? One day I have 1% and the next 4%? No. Because we can track the numbers and they match perfectly, avatar to avatar, day to day.

Same with a SOO buff. Someone will do the data with & without, and that way we will actually know the natural chance of a SOO.

Ohhhh, you're speaking of the other magical loot alteration thing that MA does to every single avatar manually every day because they have so much time on their hands. They go through everyone's loot, how much they like you, if you're on a Swedish IP, if you've got brown hair, if you've made a support case, if you've complained on the forum, and they manually adjust your and every other avatar's loot.

Linzey - you got a 8.4% chance of a HOF on any global. eSoul - sorry, we decided today you get a 2.3% HOF chance.

Are you actually fucking insane?

I do intend there is a personal loot pool in a lower scale. Example is some %.

The real hofs comes from big server preasure (high cycle on a single server). Best example is the Yule ATH i nMM instance where it was busy server load.

But mate, between me and u. Someone who have got ATH should never complain in his life. And you got the highest in mining :)

The whole system is basically matching values with values.
Imo it's quite "simple", when you interact with a target (hunting, mining, crafting and so on)
it's up to you to figure out what value you have to use to match value of target to be as
efficient as possible.
We don't have personal loot pools in that meaning that what I spend, can only I get
my hands on.
We do have loot pools that we all interact with, but the build up for the loot is personal,
and paid out from our common loot pool.
There are however both personal and system multipliers.

When we equip something they use dynamic coding to simplify calculations in our interactions.
This value is combined from everything we equip, e.g weapon, amps, enhancers, rings, pills
and so on.

Trust Mindark is MANDATORY if you are looking for progress in long term.

Trust...?
I certainly do not trust support! You a submit a bug report, specifically about a pet buff which is broken and impossible to unlock, but their reply is that there is no problem at all, just keep calm and keep playing. Then a couple weeks later, a VU comes along and "an issue preventing pet buff unlock has been resolved".

I believe individual avatars can become bugged -- one of the many numbers that make up your unique avatar becomes corrupt and you are fucked... just like the time in 2011 a broken mission on Rocktropia made me Entropia Master with Infinity Miner skills for a moment, then dropped all my mining professions to level -2147483648. (I R Infinity nUber)
Since support won't admit to bugs that affect EVERYBODY, there is no hope they'll consider that a bug could affect a single avatar.

Trust...?
I certainly do not trust support! You a submit a bug report, specifically about a pet buff which is broken and impossible to unlock, but their reply is that there is no problem at all, just keep calm and keep playing. Then a couple weeks later, a VU comes along and "an issue preventing pet buff unlock has been resolved".

They used the wrong standard reply to you there SnowLeopard.

They did fix the issue though. Fixing the issue is probably the important factor IMO and doing it in a couple of weeks is pretty good & a lot better than in years gone by.

What is the exact wording of the buff, and what impacts the chance of finding rare loot in mining generally speaking?

They used the wrong standard reply to you there SnowLeopard.

They did fix the issue though. Fixing the issue is probably the important factor IMO and doing it in a couple of weeks is pretty good & a lot better than in years gone by.

Except that the bug existed for quite a while, and the only reason I came across it is because of the Monria Green Leprechaun. Also, I doubt it was my support case that got them to fix it, but rather Anhithe's (Monria owner) efforts.

Except that the bug existed for quite a while, and the only reason I came across it is because of the Monria Green Leprechaun. Also, I doubt it was my support case that got them to fix it, but rather Anhithe's (Monria owner) efforts.

Mindark have a policy of increasing the priority of bug fixes depending on number of players it is likely to affect and how many people report them. You helped fix it and possibly helped fix it faster. :)

What's the connection there, anyway?

It's sort of well known SOOTOs do not change your TT return, only the composition of loot.
The 'personal loot pool' bla-bla was all about TT return, wasn't it?

Back