Explosive Blueprint and the Economy.

So after a year, I see the Explosive Blueprint and Nanocubes still exists, The price of ores has risen, there is a lot less guns and other things in the auction house, so what is Mindark going to do when nobody is creating anything or hunting or what have you because the Explosive Projectiles destroyed the game?

damn game ain't destroyed... actually I believe that population is on the rise based on some reading I've seen here in this and a few other forums... It's a slow rise, but it is on the rise.

Actually, ep crafting is creating way more skilled crafters than the old system had, so the economy is actually about to blossom full spring in another year or two because of that move...

So after a year, I see the Explosive Blueprint and Nanocubes still exists, The price of ores has risen, there is a lot less guns and other things in the auction house, so what is Mindark going to do when nobody is creating anything or hunting or what have you because the Explosive Projectiles destroyed the game?

They hope by then all will be over playing Compets?

For the last bloody time, (maybe), explosive bps didn't break crafting. It was broken a LONG time before the bps were introduced.

Rgds

Ace

Reactions: Aio

Ore prices are rising but there is low demand for items? Yup, that makes sense :dunce:

Explosives are the exact same as attachment crafting previously - the only difference is MA made a gamble activity for the crafting profession which was the same for the hunting/mining profession - the bulk ped source comes from the TT.

Crafting is near impossible because there is always at least one item that you cant get or doesnt drop. I guess if you look at history, the EPs have replaced Simple Plastic Springs and Amps crafting which always clogged the ATH lists.

i would like to have a gun that can shoot 20 ped per shott one shot kill like the bp for crafting

damn game ain't destroyed... actually I believe that population is on the rise based on some reading I've seen here in this and a few other forums... It's a slow rise, but it is on the rise.

Actually, ep crafting is creating way more skilled crafters than the old system had, so the economy is actually about to blossom full spring in another year or two because of that move...

I agree with this, EP crafting is a great way to unlock BPC without MU losses.

If i'm going to craft TT food, might as well craft TT food that doesn't cost me MU to make.

i would like to have a gun that can shoot 20 ped per shott one shot kill like the bp for crafting

I believe rocktropia had a gun that does that. You can shoot it like 10 times or something. Not 20ped but is quite a few.

Regardless if the ATH crafting was filled with lets say, AMP HOFs and the like, which, Amps fuel mining, and in turn mining fuels crafting which fuels more mining and hunting etc. If you take away the need to craft anything significant, and instead craft TT garbage like these explosive projectiles, then the crafters have their way to gamble that doesn't not stimulate the game economy.

Even moreso it takes little to no understanding to do, and even less attention so people are more likely to drift toward doing that for their erhm "gambling" means instead of time and attention hogging Hunting or Mining. Because lets be honest :/

As far as I remember most of those ores stayed somewhat consistent, but now are on the rise, my entire ATH HOFs are now explosive projectiles. You can sit there and tell me it isn't affecting anything, but I for one see much much less equipment and crafted items in the AH.

. You can sit there and tell me it isn't affecting anything, but I for one see much much less equipment and crafted items in the AH.
Looking in wrong section of auction.....

Regardless if the ATH crafting was filled with lets say, AMP HOFs and the like, which, Amps fuel mining, and in turn mining fuels crafting which fuels more mining and hunting etc. If you take away the need to craft anything significant, and instead craft TT garbage like these explosive projectiles, then the crafters have their way to gamble that doesn't not stimulate the game economy.

Even moreso it takes little to no understanding to do, and even less attention so people are more likely to drift toward doing that for their erhm "gambling" means instead of time and attention hogging Hunting or Mining. Because lets be honest :/

As far as I remember most of those ores stayed somewhat consistent, but now are on the rise, my entire ATH HOFs are now explosive projectiles. You can sit there and tell me it isn't affecting anything, but I for one see much much less equipment and crafted items in the AH.

People were TTing crafted attachments. Cinclar etc. Amp crafting had a market but even now (with less crafted) they sell for 102%.

People get so hung up about an "economy" in Entropia when that is more than impossible to achieve (due to ped loss to MA).

People get so hung up about an "economy" in Entropia when that is more than impossible to achieve (due to ped loss to MA).

They could have gone in a different direction with buffs.

For example, made rings and pills craftable, introduce moderate ring decay, etc. I still don't understand why they didn't make all (L) vehicles incur movement decay.

Sure you could argue these things would increase "cost to play", but the way I see it is you are paying extra for convenience or a competitive edge and in turn fueling a healthy economy.

I don't think improving the economy necessarily means crippling MA financially; the real problem is lack of incentive. Why waste time conjuring up a sophisticated economy when you can make a web shop instead? ;) This is a game after all. Mindark has long since abandoned the "virtual universe" concept.

To OP:

Explo did not kill crafting !!!!

What kills crafting is the insane amounts of UL gear that drops and drops and drops, beside the countless L item drops that are all way better in eco/dmg/durabillity/protection than anything craftable.

There is only a handful exceptins where crafted is competitive to looted, and this few exceptions actually are crafted :D

Beside that (speaking for Calypso) many of the existing BPs are simply not craftable, because there is no source of generic components! How could anyone craft this BPs if no generics drop ????

So please stfu, if you have no clue about crafting !

MA or any planetpartner could take actions to create a working economy based on crafting, but for that we need less item drops from hunting and more crafted items that are competitive to looted ones.

Introduction of crafted buff consumables like pills, would help the economy aswell.

Removing or changing Explo would change nothing except piss off some gamblers that like to click that BP.

A economy never should be based on consumption of resources just for gambling -- as it was in the pre Explo IV times.

My opinion is still that MA did a good job with implementing Explo BPs, only way for crafters to skill on TT input, as it was optional for miners and crafters all the time.

creating a working economy is dead simple. remove all (!!!) armor, weapon and similar drops from hunting and mining and make all of these use the hunting materials and mining materials. so fucking easy...

creating a working economy is dead simple. remove all (!!!) armor, weapon and similar drops from hunting and mining and make all of these use the hunting materials and mining materials. so fucking easy...

2-tier, broken system which has existing unL item holders farming materials more cheaply than the (L) users.

No, you can't remove or supercede the existing items, as they are owned by your largest cash liabilities.

Next...

2-tier, broken system which has existing unL item holders farming materials more cheaply than the (L) users.

No, you can't remove or supercede the existing items, as they are owned by your largest cash liabilities.

Next...

well if they wouldve done it from start it wouldve been no problem at all. now theyd need to revamp the whole system. yes it may make some angry but overall the economy would be healthier.
and that argument about some farming cheaper than others... well thats the whole point of eco and it is exactly the same as right now.

well if they wouldve done it from start it wouldve been no problem at all. now theyd need to revamp the whole system. yes it may make some angry but overall the economy would be healthier.
and that argument about some farming cheaper than others... well thats the whole point of eco and it is exactly the same as right now.

My point was not about a range of eco items being better than a range of uneco items. It was that you create a set of items which no-one wants (the (L) material crafted ones) which means the MU crashes everywhere.

Yes with 14-year hindsight the game could have been a lot better. But it had to develop over time. I think people really need to stop suggesting a complete and utter overhaul to the game which would see everyone who has any investment interest leave. Yes, you don't have any stakehold in EU so you wouldn't care that this happened. But everyone who does, would.

People should concentrate on ideas which can augment and improve what we currently have (e.g. building on the tier enhancements, building on gardening to provide buff items) rather than saying "it's all shit lets start again".

Or, go design your own game :)

No need to remove anything, just create some competitive crafted counterparts.

If crafted has a slightly better eco/dmg/durabillity some people will use it, and still keep their UL gear -- in case no crafted available at reasonable price they can still use that UL gear.

This concept would work in every sector, no matter if it is FAP, armor, guns or tools.

It would devalue the existing UL gear over time, but we can already see that UL gear devalues anyways due to new UL gear that drops.

Lowering the drop rates for L and making UL gear drops extremly rar (1/1mio or even less) and doing what I said earlier and we would get a good ingame economy with good options for everyone.

It doesn´t need some super intelligence, just comon sense and some economy basic knowledge.

No need to remove anything, just create some competitive crafted counterparts.

If crafted has a slightly better eco/dmg/durabillity some people will use it, and still keep their UL gear -- in case no crafted available at reasonable price they can still use that UL gear..

Crafted buff items would be nice. Maybe revamp bps to give old bps new life by adding buff to em... Protection Auras on Old School Armor, revamping all old school non-sib stuff to have sib, etc. would be a nice start.

Last edited:
How about enhancers? Up almost 200% in the last year.

That's because Pyrite has gone missing ... very poor drops rates now, among other materials needed for enhancers.

Crafted buff items would be nice. Maybe revamp bps to give old bps new life by adding buff to em... Protection Auras on Old School Armor, revamping all old school non-sib stuff to have sib, etc. would be a nice start.

Well that would be one way to make crafting better.

Another idea is to create new BPs for weapons armors aso, that use older weapons armors aso as crafting component.

Would be nice to craft a really good L armor that use for example a Berserker part as component :)

There is surely other options to create a demand for old BPs -- so far MA only done this upgrade missions (very limited demand here)

Missions could be very good option to create demand aswell, beside the daily craft xyz item, there could also be trade in missions, like deliver x parts of xyz.

As said many options.

Back