Login Problems - BEWARE - Don't keep using your gold card!

:mad: My sister-in-law got us sick and we just got back from visiting ppl all I wanted to do today was play :(

Does the Entropia Pocket make the gold gard "invalid" so if I start useing the pocket version I can only us that to login and the gold gard gets invalid and can't be used again or can I use both?

How long did you wait for GC removal from account? I have just send my ID, but it's late hour in sweden, I guess I'll have to wait untill tomorrow.

yep..becasue of the removal of the info screen,i tried it once in the afternoon :-(

but lets see...
Tomorrow the servers will be rebooted (info in support news on Loader)..lets hope this is for fixing this issue...

has anyone succeeded to run the entropia pocket app on an emulator?
i tried genymotion but getting an error from play store that it is not supported on this device.
same with forced install (restore from titanium backup)

has anyone succeeded to run the entropia pocket app on an emulator?
i tried genymotion but getting an error from play store that it is not supported on this device.
same with forced install (restore from titanium backup)

Have you tried Bluestacks?

I play ComPet using it so theres a good chance it'll work with Entropia Pocket.

Oh yeah, was wondering just the other day why the hell I did have Bluestacks installed on this system - Or it was because of Candy Crush.

Why would you use bluestacks when you can download it from steam and play it normaly on pc without any android emulator.

Why would you use bluestacks when you can download it from steam and play it normaly on pc without any android emulator.

Because I dont use Steam? :tongue2:

Black card logins matter :(

cards still not working?

Do we have any updates or official word when this will be fixed? Is there another forum or thread for this issue?

Because I dont use Steam? :tongue2:

And why dont you just download the PC version from their homepage directly? https://competgame.com/site/download (..do I smell Linux here?)

..and to stay on topic. My "black" Gold Card dont let me in EU as well. XD

Maybe MindArk forgot to pay the yearly renewal subscription fee of the gold card reader system.

And why dont you just download the PC version from their homepage directly? https://competgame.com/site/download (..do I smell Linux here?)D

I didn't realise this thread had turned into an interview.

I dont use Steam, I dont use Facebook, I dont have a Smartphone, I dont use Windows 10. You can either believe any of that or not, it wont change my life.

As to why Bluestacks:

• I've used it for 3 years, firstly as a way to play Plants vs Zombies 2 as Popcop never released a PC version and I decided to find out if there was another way.
  • I've used PC emulators since near the very beginning starting with M.A.M.E. in 1997
  • I prefered to try out ComPet quickly and easily on Bluestacks Android emulator because I've already got Bluestacks running playing Asphalt 8 & HayDay on a monitor, so its convienent for me.

That good enough? It'll have to be as I have a film to watch. Bye!

:topic:

In the mean time I am hoping my Black gold card works tomorrow.

It took me long enough to figure out how to have an assassin make me a computer that plays this game and to DL it and make it run smoothly.

If MA thinks that I am ever going to play after the GC stops working, they are wrong. It is why I just got a new reader mailed to me a few weeks ago.

I will not use my phone, I will not use some ambulator, and I will not play this game after GC stops.

I am too bored with this game to bother learning new tricks, to be sure.

GC has worked perfectly for me for years (until this minor delay).

Remove the GC and I remove my credit cards. I swear to fucking god.

I am too bored with this game to bother learning new tricks, to be sure.

GC has worked perfectly for me for years (until this minor delay).

Remove the GC and I remove my credit cards. I swear to fucking god.

Second that

H8 this w8ing... isn't this kinda racist... only us "black guys" can't login? :wise:

Only two-three days I had to be online and not to be AFK most of the time is passing slow buy sure... this might be good in some strange way...

... With hope this will be resolved soon.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I wish you all batter EU experiance in 2017.

Cheers!

Look at it from the bright side people.
For once we are doing just as good as the ubers :)

For the ubers among us: Sorry for catching up with you on weekly hunting revenue :p

:confused:seems still not fixed T.T kk im playing compet add me ID:SIXDENYS

Over/Under on next week's CLD returns : 1.600

cool, thanks for infos, i was looking for a way to run compet to my son's pc. (edubuntu OS).

sometime it run but after patches or new release it didnt.

cheers.

PS sry the Offtopic

deactivated

Last edited:
I am not sure exactly how they have Entropia Pocket App setup but its very concerning that people would use emulators.

Its a huge security risk depending on its layout.

For someone to guess your password would be almost impossble...

BUT it would be extremely easy to get it with a keylogger by hacking your PC, and if that is done then there right around the corner of taking control of the emulated Entropia Pocket App and pulling a code off it so in the end what is the point of the app?

And if your cell phone is on your wifi connection then with enough time while there pulling a password for EU off computer then they might could find a work around to pulling it off your phone as well so again whats the point?

Again not sure how the app is setup so it might be damn near impossible to pull off the app on cell phone, but it would be extremely easy to get it off computer with emulator. Unless the person has took the time to secure there PC on a more advanced scale then just standard software's and a few tweaks

I dont see how anyone could hack a Gold Card and Card Reader as there stand alone. So in any case this setup is the most secure of all the options atm. Why fk that up?

unless you've jailbroken your phone, or also in the case of android, used a store that isnt the play store and keep it upto date (problem for older android phones) your pretty much safe.

but yeah, using the app on the same PC as you play on nearly removes the point of it

deactivated

Last edited:
I am not sure exactly how they have Entropia Pocket App setup but its very concerning that people would use emulators.

Its a huge security risk depending on its layout.

For someone to guess your password would be almost impossble...

BUT it would be extremely easy to get it with a keylogger by hacking your PC, and if that is done then there right around the corner of taking control of the emulated Entropia Pocket App and pulling a code off it so in the end what is the point of the app?

And if your cell phone is on your wifi connection then with enough time while there pulling a password for EU off computer then they might could find a work around to pulling it off your phone as well so again whats the point?

Again not sure how the app is setup so it might be damn near impossible to pull off the app on cell phone, but it would be extremely easy to get it off computer with emulator. Unless the person has took the time to secure there PC on a more advanced scale then just standard software's and a few tweaks

I dont see how anyone could hack a Gold Card and Card Reader as there stand alone. So in any case this setup is the most secure of all the options atm. Why fk that up?

Exactly my thoughts...

I'm a programmer/networker myself, and I could hack someone if I wanted to with this new setup.
This is for me the main reason that I refuse to use this app at all costs.

I will never move away from the gold card reader as long as the option exists. If at some point in time, they delete the card readers, I don't think I'll keep my money in this game.

I know plenty of companies who are all going to a token system now, banks also work with such card readers since a few years back. Why? Because it's the safest way there is at this moment.

Why move away from a good system to an easy to hack system?

PS: Kull, not only people with an emulator have the risk of keyloggers. What makes you think that a keylogger can't be made for a phone? It's just an operating system like a pc has. Everything behind it works the same way. Similar ascii codes for characters, same bits get sent through. So even if you would put your cellphone "offline", and work without internet, it's still possible to get hacked. A keylogger on phone and either send the password as soon as the phone makes contact with internet or even bluetooth.
Trust me, it's just as easy to hack a mobile phone as it is to hack a pc. Both are 2 dumb devices. They can't do anything themselves, they just do what a programmer told them to do. And that means that programmers of the operating system made it possible to capture actions. Any program can capture these.

The bad is always 1 step ahead of the good.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the gold card to come back, because if they make us have to swap, I think they'll be in big troubles if community would come together to take actions against security issues.
I won't swap.
I laughed at their fix of "contacting support to delete gold card".
Hah...

Oh, your brakes & airbag in the car don't work correctly? No worries, we will just take them away for you and the problem is fixed. Cause something that's not in there, can not work incorrectly, right?

Back